View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    $549 was t-mobile pricing the verge reported.
    In Canada, the 5C starts at $599 and the 5S starts at $719
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-10-13 02:54 PM
    I'm surprised about how much people are ******** about it being $549 off contract. It's $99 on contract which will be important to most people.
    Yeah, I think folks know that, but a lot buy phones off contract for reasons of their own. In general all phones are getting more expensive, but then again they do more things for us.
    09-10-13 02:57 PM
    I think they slashed their ad budget for this quarter after dismal consumer sales in the US to try to get positive EPS and hold the SP and increase the odds of a buyout. Short term they are hoping that pent up BB10 enterprise sales (that don't require ad money) will sell enough to make money this quarter.

They need 10.2 out and big name apps to go with it on the Android 4.2 runtime, along with the Z30. Then hit the air again with an ad campaign.

Early September I finally see a BB ad after what seems like MONTHS. That is after the quarter end - August so maybe increasing ad spend again for this quarter.... Just my sense of it.....

What really bugs me is that it seems like BlackBerry has just given up. I see less advertising for BlackBerry. There is that strategic review press release that just spooked the hell out of potential buyers. The fact that they didn't even go 1 year on market before considering a sale speaks a lot about where management's priorities are. They have 2 high- end phones and 1 mid-end and haven't even tried to release a lower cost flat screen or invest in apps. All they care about is to salvage and they have no fight left in them. I love the Z10, but I really hate how this company is managed.

*End Rant*

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    fedakd and morganplus8 like this.
    09-10-13 03:00 PM
    Well today was quite colorful and I'm looking forward to some charts to see where we'll be tomorrow through Friday. I'd rather shake things up with another color (GREEN).
    bungaboy, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    09-10-13 03:01 PM
    Pas d�inqui�tude, apr�s le gros boulot que vous avez abattu en cr�ant cette discussion, aucune personne qu�il soit Ast�rix ou Ob�lix ne pourra vous emp�cher a CB. Et beaucoup de personne vous sont reconnaissant pour cette discussion.
    Merci,
    Bon allez, sortez du bois, vous �tes tous des fran�ais qui sont pay�s pour m'emp�cher de travailler et faire de la promo gratuite pour BB !
    #mouhahahahahhahaha #dumbestComplotTheoryEver
    09-10-13 03:02 PM
    Not better to wait a quarter for the iSheep to make their purchases then start to short?

Apple is definitely on the way down after this showing of their new phones....but the iSheep will flock to it...and Japan might help with early sales too.

Maybe it will get back to $600 then an easy short.

Oh my god!!! Elvis is in the house!!!! Oops, sorry, ....... carry on.

I'm personally going to order the new iPhone 5S - 5 inch screen sans the Home button - Oops again, ...... wrong phone.

I'll get back to ya. I need to start a short position on a stock in the $ 500 range.
    09-10-13 03:03 PM
    In Canada, the 5C starts at $599 and the 5S starts at $719
    Thanks. See that pricing is not low cost. Why buy a device which is a year old with the camera just updated? the 5C is basically the 5 with different casing.
    09-10-13 03:04 PM
    The prices I posted are from China. The newish, lower end, market that Apple is going to take by storm due to its lower priced 5C phone
    lol apple is a joke , been selling the same phone for 8 years
    09-10-13 03:05 PM
    For APPL sake I sure hope that fingerprint scanner isn't flakey.

How many people will get frustrated on 'first use' when it doesn't work (because it needs a few iterations to scan your print to get better at reading your bioprint?) and then turn it off?

Then the bloggers take over and rant how it doesn't work. Could end up being a huge deal. We will know shortly...

But, but...they improved the camera????

EDIT: It was Morgan!
    fedakd, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-10-13 03:07 PM
    lol apple is a joke , been selling the same phone for 8 years
    I know I said it before, but I still can't believe they didn't come out with a larger screen phone when that's a growing trend.
    09-10-13 03:08 PM
    For APPL sake I sure hope that fingerprint scanner isn't flakey.

How many people will get frustrated on 'first use' when it doesn't work (because it needs a few iterations to scan your print to get better at reading your bioprint?) and then turn it off?

Then the bloggers take over and rant how it doesn't work. Could end up being a huge deal. We will know shortly...
    Personally, I like the idea of a bio scanner. I would have brought out the retina reader since you're looking at the screen anyway.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-10-13 03:10 PM
    LOL, I wish I could read charts like Morgan, JLagoon, and CJ! I just look at the charts, read what the analysts are saying, and look at predictions. I also read what experts in that specific field are saying about the company. Shoot, anybody can do that. lol.
    Maybe if we get enough interests, hire a instructor and get someone to throw us a class for us rookies. anyone one interested?
    lcjr, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    09-10-13 03:15 PM
    Maybe if we get enough interests, hire a instructor and get someone to throw us a class for us rookies. anyone one interested?
    I am getting some of it. What I learned so far is up=good, down=bad.
    Still trying to understand other stuff....LOL
    difabs, abouthsu, lcjr and 7 others like this.
    09-10-13 03:18 PM
    Having a good laugh reading posts about the iPhone 5C. People claiming the colours are copying the Lumina line.. does anyone not remember the original iPods coming in all sorts of colours? Silly people
    Did they deposit a patent colors? Lol

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-10-13 03:20 PM
    Note for me, glad I am not a I-d.
    iPhone 5C no contract price is $549. Thoughts?
    09-10-13 03:20 PM
    Personally, I like the idea of a bio scanner. I would have brought out the retina reader since you're looking at the screen anyway.
    It's a conspiracy for apple to sell everyone's fingerprints to the NSA

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-10-13 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    They are jumping for joy at that feature, they exploited the gps in iPhone before apple fixed it. No way they don't try and exploit this.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:29 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) has registered to meet with lawmakers to discuss the Investment Canada Act, which sets rules for foreign acquisitions of local companies, according to federal lobbying documents.

BlackBerry executives made the disclosure in the past week, according to the lobbying register. Before that, the act hasn’t been listed as a subject matter of interest to the company for years. The government automatically reviews any takeover bid of more than C$344 million ($332 million).

BlackBerry to Lobby Government Over Foreign-Takeover Rule - Bloomberg
    09-10-13 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but the NSA and/or other government agencies already have that data, people just don't know it yet. Case in point, every U.S. Service Member has given DNA registration. I did mine way back in 1996. They have everything about us for life. Civilian medical facilities have always given the government DNA data on patients, it's just not so controversial because it's been through simple channels (insurance. government debt/loans for surgeries, etc..) Kind of funny people are just now getting concerned. lol
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Compaqee like this.
    09-10-13 03:34 PM
    while I get that the fingerprint technology is cool. I don't see why any average phone user would need it. I know for me personally my phone is kept on me at all times and never gets into hands that I don't trust and if it were to go missing I can wipe it from my computer in a matter of minutes. Not to mention that I have it password protected.

For me the finger print thing seems like a fancy technology that is really just a gimmick at this point.
    lcjr, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-10-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I read that too in the Wall Street Enquirer and on a bunch of blogs.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-10-13 03:37 PM
    Someone just bought a 55K block after hours. whoever that is, come clean..

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture_152.png
    lcjr, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-10-13 03:38 PM
    while I get that the fingerprint technology is cool. I don't see why any average phone user would need it. I know for me personally my phone is kept on me at all times and never gets into hands that I don't trust and if it were to go missing I can wipe it from my computer in a matter of minutes. Not to mention that I have it password protected.

For me the finger print thing seems like a fancy technology that is really just a gimmick at this point.
    You're right, but come on, it's a cool gimmick! haha. No really, I think the fingerprint scanner and/retina scanner could bring more to security than just log-on. What about encrypting documents you need to take mobile?/ I think a retina and/or fingerprint scanner would work with the password or encryption key for a safer environment. Just thinking out loud here....
    09-10-13 03:40 PM
    But, But, I thought no one was interested!!!!?

BlackBerry to Lobby Government Over Foreign-Takeover Rule
    By Hugo Miller, Andrew Mayeda & Katia Dmitrieva - Sep 10, 2013 1:58 PM CT

BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) has registered to meet with lawmakers to discuss the Investment Canada Act, which sets rules for foreign acquisitions of local companies, according to federal lobbying documents.

BlackBerry executives made the disclosure in the past week, according to the lobbying register. Before that, the act hasn�t been listed as a subject matter of interest to the company for years. The government automatically reviews any takeover bid of more than C$344 million ($332 million).

To contact the reporters on this story: Hugo Miller in Toronto at [email protected]; Andrew Mayeda in Ottawa at [email protected]; Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at [email protected]

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Nick Turner at [email protected]; David Scanlan at [email protected]

BlackBerry to Lobby Government Over Foreign-Takeover Rule - Bloomberg
    09-10-13 03:41 PM
    WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE MEDIA TODAY:

If Apple releases a cheapy phone for $99 on contract its cut rate and good to tackle emerging markets and battle android. If BB releases a cheapy phone for $99 on contract, its still to premium and not good for emerging markets (where they actually have market share), cheap android will eat its lunch. 5S for $199 on contract is good, Q10 for $199 on contract bad....Z10 for $149 apprently even worse.

I give up **throws hands in the air, walks away**
    09-10-13 03:49 PM
113,256 ... 18891890189118921893 ...