View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fairfax Moved Towards Large Canadian Investment Funds for Blackberry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) | eFinance Hub

anyone see this one yet?

[BOX]
    Fairfax Moved Towards Large Canadian Investment Funds for Blackberry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
    Written by Stephanie Byars on September 10, 2013

According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)’s largest shareholder has moved towards several large Canadian investment funds concerning a deal to take the smartphone maker private, but the plan is still cloistered. The shareholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd, has a 10 percent stake, and its chairman and chief executive, Prem Watsa, has already left the board of BlackBerry to evade any likely clash of interest as the company analyzes its strategic options. The source, who asked not to be named because the preliminary discussion was still private, said that along with Watsa’s Fairfax there has been an early and informal move concerning a possible deal from another investor.

The source said that the company received different calls asking if they bring some kind of plan would it consider it. Fairfax has not replied to a request for comment, and Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry said it does not give argument on speculation. BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) shares fell -4.25% in current session. BlackBerry, which has released market share for its competitors including Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s iPhone and phones employing Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG)’s Android technology, declared last month that it was exploring its options which might include an outright sale. Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) shares were down -0.23% in current session. Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) shares were down -0.98%, and trading at $43.61.

On Monday, the shares of BlackBerry has surged more than 6 percent after Britain’s Sunday Times newspaper reported that Watsa was finishing out a rescue deal for BlackBerry, with support from Canada’s significant pension funds. The source said any deal is expected to occupy more than one of Canada’s influential pension funds, which would have to consider the possible incentives of assisting a declining Canadian icon with the caution of involving in such a deal. BlackBerry shares finished at $11.53 on the Nasdaq, increased from $10.84 at closing on Friday, providing the company a market capitalization of just over $6 billion. The source said that if a tangible plan was on the table then things would probably “go quiet” while investors sought their options.
    [/BOX]
    sidhuk, lcjr, Superfly_FR and 4 others like this.
    09-10-13 09:48 AM
    Isn't today one of those days when the dark, shadowy ones will crawl out from nowhere ?

IMO, he is still around, just semi retired his SHadowy ID.
    09-10-13 09:52 AM
    Is there any news pending that would scare the shorts into covering? I see the next ER is still a month and a half away.
    Besides all the positive news and reviews, not at the moment. It's one of the top ranked stocks ready for a breakout and wanted another opinion so I know whether to concider throwing more it it before their next ER. hey, I finally have an easy day at work so I'm looking at my other fun besides BBRY.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-10-13 09:59 AM
    Wait a minute. SF and I are the self appointed resident clowns. Are we on your ignore list? LOL...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-a23157ee.jpg
    We're not of the same kind, plasmid
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-a23157ee.jpg  
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    09-10-13 10:07 AM
    Is it just me or does the news feed on Googlefinance often filter out an inordinate amount of positive articles
    about BBRY not long after they appear? I get the news feed is automated, BUT, but I've seen one too many
    go into thin air.
    09-10-13 10:08 AM
    Is it just me or does the news feed on Googlefinance often filter out an inordinate amount of positive articles
    about BBRY not long after they appear? I get the news feed is automated, BUT, but I've seen one too many
    go into thin air.
    Completely agree
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 10:09 AM
    Isn't today one of those days when the dark, shadowy ones will crawl out from nowhere ?

You bet your sweet bippy!!!
    09-10-13 10:11 AM
    WTF is up with that clown?? lol.. No wonder they scare the crap out of kids! lol
    09-10-13 10:16 AM
    WTF is up with that clown?? lol.. No wonder they scare the crap out of kids! lol
    Better ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-clown.jpg
    lcjr likes this.
    09-10-13 10:20 AM
    Better ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clown.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	200325
    No, all clowns are scary. You can't see his hands - he probably has an axe or knife or something like that.
    09-10-13 10:23 AM
    BlackBerry Denies Report It Fired Half Its Salesforce

"We did not cut half of our sales force," said Lisette Kwong, senior manager, corporate communications at BlackBerry. "Instead we are moving a small number of US-focused sales roles that were based in Canada to the US to be more closely aligned with our customers. This is part of the second phase of our transformation plan."

BlackBerry reportedly has laid off more than half its sales force, amid weak smartphone sales and talk of a buyer for the former tech leader. Cantech cited a source that consumer sales are basically "gone" while the enterprise sales force is "gutted."

The cuts were announced at the BlackBerry's Waterloo, Ontario, headquarters, with U.K. job cuts expected in a few days, the source told the Canadian online technology magazine.

The sales force cuts come as buyout speculation picked up. Top BlackBerry shareholder Fairfax Financial has approached several Canadian investment funds about taking the smartphone maker private, a source told Reuters. Fairfax does own 10% of BlackBerry. The source did add that the discussions are at the "airy fairy" stage.

But the latest report helped BlackBerry rise 6.4% to 11.53 in Monday trading.
    However, BlackBerry's business is suffering. Its much-hyped BlackBerry 10 operating system and two new smartphones have failed to revive company fortunes. Indeed, BlackBerry is now the No. 4 wireless operating system, falling behind Windows Phone. Microsoft (MSFT) last week announced its would buy the handset unit of Nokia (NOK), the main user of Windows Phone.

Windows Phone and BlackBerry trail far behind handsets using Google (GOOG) Android as well the Apple (AAPL) iPhone. Apple is expected to unveil one or more new iPhone models Tuesday.
    09-10-13 10:26 AM
    LOL, I knew Gregg was a paid troll a long time ago along with some others.

Anything below $40.00 is steal. You can think I am greedy. But we will see if it is true.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes, I am waiting on the check from Samsung and Apple.

and you are waiting on BBRY to hit $40? NO, I do not think you are greedy . . . . . I can't say what I think or I will get banned!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-10-13 10:26 AM
    It's like it's Friday or something around here. hahaha.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 10:27 AM
    For those who use phones that don't work very good . . . . try BB10 phone. It should minimize trash talk.
    Looks like it does not work all the time!
    09-10-13 10:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a23157ee.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	200322
    We're not of the same kind, plasmid
    Bien s�r, nous sommes du m�me genre. Je suis n� au Vietnam, qui �tait une colonie fran�aise pendant 100 ans. Et j'ai grandi au Canada, qui est � moiti� fran�ais. Excusez mon fran�ais, j'ai v�cu aux US plus de 10 ans.

BTW, my grandfather was half French
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-10-13 10:31 AM
    No, all clowns are scary. You can't see his hands - he probably has an axe or knife or something like that.
    Or a little boy
    difabs, lcjr, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    09-10-13 10:31 AM
    BlackBerry Denies Report It Fired Half Its Salesforce

"We did not cut half of our sales force," said Lisette Kwong, senior manager, corporate communications at BlackBerry. "Instead we are moving a small number of US-focused sales roles that were based in Canada to the US to be more closely aligned with our customers. This is part of the second phase of our transformation plan."

I like this part..
    Thx.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:33 AM
    I like this part..
    Thx.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it will get no attention as the damage has been done and who really wants to hear facts when rumours are far more fun.
    09-10-13 10:35 AM
    A quick chart is in order here:

Attachment 200296

We were over-bought yesterday and outside the Bollinger Bands, so now we will fall back inside them where we belong. Support is at our prior resistance of $ 11.10/shr so we'll fall back to that level too. Note how powerful the 200-ema has been to the stock, every time we touch it we bounced off it, now we are trying to get back up to it again and clear it to begin a serious rally. This all takes time.

Sorry Gregg,

I have to put you on ignore after reading this in-depth comment you made on SeekingAlpha, I have tried for months to understand why you even post here:

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Will BlackBerry Bounce Back Or Be Acquired? Don't Count On It - Seeking Alpha

Attachment 200299

Really??
    Look at your chart and then look at the market for BBRY. I know the truth hurts but it better than throwing sugar on it!

I was pretty sure you were above ignore list Morgan.

I am not hiding how I feel here or at Alpha or multiple other places.
    09-10-13 10:38 AM
    Interesting rumour...

Apple will announce one more thing; full BBM integration into iOS.
    Randeman and take99 like this.
    09-10-13 10:40 AM
    Interesting rumour...

Apple will announce one more thing; full BBM integration into iOS.
    Got a link for this one?
    09-10-13 10:42 AM
    One that you made up?
    Interesting rumour...
    09-10-13 10:45 AM
    That is exciting....by by Red, hello green.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    09-10-13 10:46 AM
    One that you made up?
    Hey Thunder....welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu, cjcampbell, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    09-10-13 10:47 AM
    LOL. I've been lurking for a while, but don't post much any more. My views on BBRY are no longer compatible with this thread's theme But I rather keep quiet than troll.

Hey Thunder....welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:49 AM
113,250 ... 18841885188618871888 ...