View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am on my phone so can't link well - but on Twitter crackberry Kevin seems to saying that thinks bbry is getting out of hardware?

https://twitter.com/crackberrykevin/...48126278459392

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-13 07:27 AM
    Greg, you have a buisness, if the sales rep looking after your store was responsible for that would you fire him? I would in a NY second.

Posted via CB10
    No doubt I would. My sales person's pay is tied to performance and there is no lack of attention on his part.

I just do not think these sales people have a lot of influence with the carriers. BB10 devices were ordered likely many months before they were introduced and the carriers saw the writing on the wall and were moving more towards the Android and Apple camps. Carriers got to order and buy what will decrease "churn rates" and get new contracts signed. That is the bottom line and they were not counting on BB.
    09-10-13 07:30 AM
    It doesn't really work that way. Search engines will only look at the one link and won't score the duplicates. Otherwise it would be an obvious way to game the system. Someone could just make a blog post with hundreds of links to the site that they want to search engine optimize.
    Keyword count. page count. Referrer count (each time you quote, you link to the original post), etc.
    Yes it does matter. Not 1 for 1, but it does.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    09-10-13 07:30 AM
    I am on my phone so can't link well - but on Twitter crackberry Kevin seems to saying that thinks bbry is getting out of hardware?

https://twitter.com/crackberrykevin/...48126278459392

Martin (the OP of the tweet) has been saying that BB needs to get out of hardware for a long time. Kevin is just responding to the idea.
    09-10-13 07:32 AM
    I wonder if Apple has a number of different smartwatch designs put away so it can demo the one that looks least like the Samsung Galaxy Gear.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 07:34 AM
    Some metrics ... "bad marketing" ?
    Remember phase 1 was mostly based on social stuff ...
    BlackBerry takes the prize on shares per views

While ads from Samsung dominate overall video sharing in the smartphone market, this is partly due to the sheer number of videos launched.
    Despite an impressive 53.4% of smartphone ad shares, on average it took 35 views for these ads to generate a share. Social interactions per video are actually declining over time for the South Korean technology giant.
    By comparison, BlackBerry’s campaigns received one share for every 11 views, putting it ahead of Apple (1:23), Nokia (1:26) and Sony (1:34). The challenge and opportunity for smartphone brands is to find the piece of hero content which maximises user engagement and sharing, and drives maximum ROI from their paid media strategy.
    Four surprising facts about the consumer tech social video landscape | Marketing Magazine
    09-10-13 07:40 AM
    I wonder if Apple has a number of different smartwatch designs put away so it can demo the one that looks least like the Samsung Galaxy Gear.
    Apple is at least 8-10 months away from releasing one. The Gear isn't even a smartwatch, it is an accessory to the Galaxy devices.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 07:41 AM

Four surprising facts about the consumer tech social video landscape | Marketing Magazine
    That could be mainly because of BB users which are pretty loyal and hardcore. The high number of interaction isn't translating to sales obviously.
    Superfly_FR and howarmat like this.
    09-10-13 07:44 AM
    And now some action on the BBM Channels side ... Too early (beta) to make a #count ... but you'll have an idea.
    Follow the Twitterment Action on our BBM Channel! | The Waterloo Regional Golf Twitterment

As a business, you’ll get robust measuring tools that offer unique, real-time insights into your audience’s engagement with your content. For every post, you can see the number of followers, total Channel visits, likes and comments—all from one dashboard. You can even drill deeper with stats on delivered and read information for each post.
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    09-10-13 07:49 AM

5,4,3,2,1 . . . . waiting for Gong show!
    09-10-13 07:54 AM
    Thanks Bungaboy for reminding people of what should have been an obvious connection.

After or at the last ER Heins said employees would have to perform. The US sales types clearly haven't, and now a chunk of them are gone.

Why is anyone surprised by this?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:57 AM
    More layoffs at BlackBerry | 570News

"About 100 employees in Waterloo received notice on Monday."

EDIT: This mentions they are US staff.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/09/...s-sales-staff/
    09-10-13 08:00 AM
    For those who use phones that don't work very good . . . . try BB10 phone. It should minimize trash talk.

I am on my phone so can't link well. . . . .
    09-10-13 08:00 AM
    09-10-13 08:03 AM
    At least PM is coming back up after being down $0.50. #jinxedit

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I saw that and got scared.

Still down 3.5% though. What gives?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:05 AM
    Ya, I saw that and got scared.

Still down 3.5% though. What gives?

Posted via CB10
    G&M report that Fairfax doesn't have pension fund support and maybe looking to sell their own stake?
    09-10-13 08:06 AM
    Can Samsung do anything original? Lol

Dyson sues Samsung for copying vacuum design
    09-10-13 08:07 AM
    G&M report that Fairfax doesn't have pension fund support and maybe looking to sell their own stake?
    That and the story of BB "gutting" their sales force....
    bungaboy, sidhuk, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    09-10-13 08:08 AM
    Who can actually tell? It could be both true and false depending on the time of day.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    That was written by Jacquie McNish so I would file it under nonsense. She does a stint on BBN.com every now and then, and she rarely makes sense. There is no way in hell that she has credible sources for even the weather. Couple that with the Globes hatred for BlackBerry ..............
    I personally don't put any weight on whether BlackBerry sell or not. It is the same ****.

In the event of a sale the only thing that matters to me is that the buy out price is higher than my average.

The real pieces of news I am looking for is BBM X plus potential for desktop, 10.2, BES10 adoption, Z30 launch, new potential products and innovations.

If they can get most of this on the go before ER, the question of sale or not is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:11 AM
    Good commercial.

09-10-13 08:14 AM
    Can Samsung do anything original? Lol

Dyson sues Samsung for copying vacuum design
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-10-13 08:19 AM
    A quick chart is in order here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-10a-2013-chart.jpg

We were over-bought yesterday and outside the Bollinger Bands, so now we will fall back inside them where we belong. Support is at our prior resistance of $ 11.10/shr so we'll fall back to that level too. Note how powerful the 200-ema has been to the stock, every time we touch it we bounced off it, now we are trying to get back up to it again and clear it to begin a serious rally. This all takes time.

Sorry Gregg,

I have to put you on ignore after reading this in-depth comment you made on SeekingAlpha, I have tried for months to understand why you even post here:

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Will BlackBerry Bounce Back Or Be Acquired? Don't Count On It - Seeking Alpha

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-10-2013-chart.jpg

Really??
    09-10-13 08:23 AM
    Morgan, what took you so long?
    sidhuk, fedakd and morganplus8 like this.
    09-10-13 08:31 AM
113,256 ... 18821883188418851886 ...