1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The squeeze. It shall come.

09-10-13 02:01 AM
    It has been a tough sell so far. Sources say none [...]
    Thanks Take99 for the information we had to know.
    To others; could you please remove the link from your quotes ? x links raises this crap score in search engines.
    Let's not promote it, please !

Reminder
    Please be careful with your quotes. If you don't agree (either link or "troll"), quoting is giving much more exposure. Quoting just a part of it and - in any circumstance - removing the link is a better approach IMHO. Thank you !
    09-10-13 02:37 AM
    Anyone able to find a better source than this for the lay-offs?

(I see Chris has popped up in the comments so maybe he rates this source).
    09-10-13 02:40 AM
    Apple buying bbry! That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-throw-up.jpg
    09-10-13 02:45 AM
    To me this lay off/firing is a good thing. If a company such as Lenovo is looking to purchase the HW division why would you keep the sales people around? In my eyes this is proof that the HW buyout is imminent.

Hopefully, the HW division and related patents is sold off and BBRY will continue to exist as a software company.
    09-10-13 03:07 AM
    Anyone able to find a better source than this for the lay-offs?
    (I see Chris has popped up in the comments so maybe he rates this source).
    Edit : have to mention I edited this response 3 4 times (last cut: "magic of journalism"), as I was gently chilling out. Let's stay calm ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-10-13 at 07:36 AM.
    plasmid_boy, cgk, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    09-10-13 03:18 AM
    How can BB have over 5 billion in contractual obligations and it only be reported now. This kinda eats up the famous "cash on hand" and explains why BB wants to sell now. Buyers need only wait and watch to cost of purchase drop.
    09-10-13 03:32 AM
    In one headline Prem has billions of dollars in backing from pension funds. In another, the pensions are not interested...but they won't comment on it...how strange!
    I woke up today, saw the SP move last night. First though that came to mind was, Q the negative article! Its no coincidence that the articles on the same topic go completely different directions! It only highlights the fact that real journalism is dead. There's only bloggers now!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:16 AM
    nice......"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is starting to show signs of accumulation with high upside days and low downside days, watch $12.15 for a breakout. The technical indicators RSI and MACD all point to upward trend."...I'm suspecting that the shorts are covering.

Source: Stocks to Watch for September 10

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sc.png
    09-10-13 04:43 AM
    It's dumping in pre market down 3.5%
    09-10-13 04:59 AM
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, and thanks for the reminder as it is good to deal with it early. Not really young anymore but I'm hitting 40 in a few year and I think its time for me to be more conscious about my health as I'm no only myself instead a person with a family. Truly glad to be here to have met you guys, to learn not just about BBRY and investment but also about life.
    Dude, please call your doctor's office to make an appointment today. Don't wait to go to Asia or whatever. I've lived in Asia, USA, and Canada (more than 10 years at each place), Canadian health-care is far better than any Asian ones I tried and as good as the best USA cares (I was at Harvard Medical school). So, please don't wait.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 05:22 AM
    Edit : have to mention I edited this response 3 times, as I was gently chilling out. Let's stay calm ...
    Thanks SF, I have never been a fan of his posts, both on CB and on the Globe. I have been just skimming through them quickly. I now think even that is too much effort.

PS. I have also edited this post a few times before posting it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 05:55 AM
    Makes sense. They havent a done a good job. See ya!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-10-13 at 07:45 AM.
    09-10-13 06:03 AM
    Makes sense. They havent a done a good job. See ya!

Posted via CB10
    Sales staff work with what they have - what incentives can they offer to retailers? What POS sale support? Without the right infrastructure behind you and dollars, then you are trying to sell with your hand tied to your ****.

Even then, the implication is that they are being lay-off and not replaced - which doesn't suggest that they are trying to replace deadwood with better performers but rather simply scaling down operations.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-10-13 06:10 AM
    Hiring and firing is part of normal business, especially in large companies like BBRY, I don't see what the big deal is.

They are taking focus off the consumer market and consolidating, I think this is the right move.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:15 AM
    Sales staff work with what they have - what incentives can they offer to retailers? What POS sale support? Without the right infrastructure behind you and dollars, then you are trying to sell with your hand tied to your ****.

Even then, the implication is that they are being lay-off and not replaced - which doesn't suggest that they are trying to replace deadwood with better performers but rather simply scaling down operations.
    Well we don't know the numbers nor locations but they are, in fact, hiring sales staff. Not many but it's only the day after the "event".
    09-10-13 06:20 AM
    At least PM is coming back up after being down $0.50. #jinxedit

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-10-13 06:25 AM
    Thanks SF, I have never been a fan of his posts, both on CB and on the Globe. I have been just skimming through them quickly. I now think even that is too much effort.

PS. I have also edited this post a few times before posting it.

Posted via CB10
    I can assure You I have the highest respect for Chris (and his postings). They do hurt me sometimes (once, actually) but I can't seriously pretend being half aware of the situation than he his. He knows analysis (his previous job), he knows mobile market and have probably the ability to read between the lines and have direct infos or explanations we don't even know about.
    His position leads him to post or comment based on his view of the current situation. And there's nothing wrong about that.

My observation was that :
    1/ The "half of sales force" was exagerated
    2/ We should have read the official statement in the article
    3/ Last but not least: linking this event to the current "capitalistic opportunities" was discutable.
    ... And I believe there's nothing wrong about that, either.

Edit : lol I'm really chilled out now Removed the "that's the magic of "journalism"" too. I think it wasn't useful.
    09-10-13 06:27 AM
    Given the "supposed poor sales" of Q10, etc. It makes sense that you fire the non-performers in the sales group. After all . . . . they aren't "reportedly" measuring up.

This whole thing is typical how the "media" spin crap.

I'd fire the *^#%^*()s too! LoL
    09-10-13 06:35 AM
    I can assure You I have the highest respect for Chris (postings). They do hurt me sometimes but I can't seriously pretend being half aware of the situation than he his. He knows analysis (his previous job), he knows mobile market and have probably the ability to read between the lines and have direct infos or explanations we don't even know about.
    His position leads him to post or comment based on his view of the current situation. And there's nothing wrong about that.

My observation was that :
    1/ The "half of sales force" was exagerated
    2/ We should have read the official statement in the article
    3/ Last but not least: linking this event to the current "capitalistic opportunities" was discutable.
    ... And I believe there's nothing wrong about that, either.
    I agree with everything that you said, but a person's status has little influence on my opinion of their work/posts/publications.

When I was still a student, I published a paper in the journal Nature proving some of most respected scientists wrong and proposed a new paradigm that still holds today. Since then I have done it two more times so far. Each time my colleagues would come out defending people's integrity and intelligence. My response has been "I have no doubt about that, but I will let the data speak for themselves."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 09-10-13 at 07:03 AM.
    09-10-13 06:42 AM

Reminder
    Please be careful with your quotes. If you don't agree (either link or "troll"), quoting is giving much more exposure. Quoting just a part of it and - in any circumstance - removing the link is a better approach IMHO. Thank you !
    It doesn't really work that way. Search engines will only look at the one link and won't score the duplicates. Otherwise it would be an obvious way to game the system. Someone could just make a blog post with hundreds of links to the site that they want to search engine optimize.
    09-10-13 06:48 AM
    Given the "supposed poor sales" of Q10, etc. It makes sense that you fire the non-performers in the sales group. After all . . . . they aren't "reportedly" measuring up.

This whole thing is typical how the "media" spin crap.

I'd fire the *^#%^*()s too! LoL
    Absolutely!!! People complain about lack of sales then defend the sales staff when reality kicks in..

Edit: I wonder if those same people's negative FUD thread headlines and constant bashing lost any sales? Maybe they should hire them?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:59 AM
    It is not only the sales staff failing, my local AT&T store does not even carry the Z10 anymore. The only BB10 device on display is the Q10 and it has had a dead battery for the last two weeks.
    09-10-13 07:11 AM
    If my "sources" are correct. The sales staff laid off was the result of an office closure in Texas. Inevitable cost cutting measure for an underperforming location. I think the number thrown around were a total of 150 people which included sales and administartive staff.

In actual fact thou, BB "announced" this on Monday, but the closure happened over a month ago, so the jobs where already eliminated weeks ago. Typical media spin if you ask me, if this were any other company, this is a non-news story

take anything I say with a grain of salt, I could be making this up, and will deny any facts if pressed
    09-10-13 07:20 AM
    It is not only the sales staff failing, my local AT&T store does not even carry the Z10 anymore. The only BB10 device on display is the Q10 and it has had a dead battery for the last two weeks.
    Greg, you have a buisness, if the sales rep looking after your store was responsible for that would you fire him? I would in a NY second.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:22 AM
113,256 ... 18811882188318841885 ...