View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-09-13 03:02 PM
    my my my how we are popping!!! Beware you shorts, beware!
    Yes. I hope they do pop in their shorts as well.
    09-09-13 03:03 PM
    Why Africa matters to BlackBerry...and everyone else
    Ericsson�s August Mobility Report spells out just how rapidly the global handset market is changing. North America and Western Europe combined added only 1 M net new mobile subscribers during 2Q 2013. As a bit of a shocker, even Latin America added only 4 M new subs � far below where industry expectations for the region were two years ago. In contrast, Africa added a massive 20 M new subs and China 30 M.

To put it another way, Africa and China are now adding ten times more new mobile subscribers than North America, Latin America and Western Europe combined.

Why Smartphone Vendors Must Price Budget Models More Aggressively Than Expected - Forbes
    09-09-13 03:06 PM
    And one more...been awhile since we did the 5+ % dance:
    09-09-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks Morgan for your insights. I agree, Ithink the hardware going to Lenovo scenario is in the cards here. The patents can be licensed or go to Lenovo like yiu mentioned. The infusion of cash, and the resizing of bbry into a much smaller size enterprise software could be extremely profitable looking forward. Do you see anyway, that blackberry will remain a publicly traded company after this plays out, or it's private or just sell off the pieces. What scenario do you see ultimately unfolding.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Im Mo Green!!

Fantastic question. I can only guess at what Prem/Mike might like to see down the road. As soon as you hear what's in their deal, you'll have a better idea. They could dump the hardware and re-enter with something new, they could take it private and never come back to the market again. We really don't know what they are thinking. Lenovo would buy the hardware business if it is patent protected, they would also need something else like BB 10.2 to go with it as I don't think they want to go Android .... and then you would have a viable package. If selling off that package results in a $ 3.0 billion cash drive, then all that is missing to stay public would be the P/E multiple that flows to all other growing software companies. I like to think that a $ 25.00/shr market price would keep Prem/Mike in the picture the way BBRY is today. I just don't know what they have planned for the future. A software company with $ 6 billion in the bank and zero debt would trade at $ 25.00 easily.
    09-09-13 03:21 PM
    Guys, sorry to repeat again, whoever got this company under $40, which values BlackBerry only about 20 billion market cap, it is stealing. Refuse to sell any thing below that!

Posted via CB10
    PW is a business man - he gambled on an investment in BBRY, and Thor and company have let him down. But he still see value in the company, if not as a whole, at least for key elements that he could sell at a premium if he were free to do so. But that all depends upon what he can buy BBRY for. It is not about covering his current holdings in BBRY, it is about getting control of the company for as little as possible. And if the ER is BAD then he most likely sees an opportunity to get it pretty cheaply in the coming months.

You can bet that if the ER is bad, then PW is going to value the Hardware portion of the business at close to $0. If subscriber rates have fallen (not sure if we will even be told about these) then BB'S Network and MDM Systems might not be worth a whole lot either in the near term.

PW is NOT going to pay a premium for BBRY - he is going to have a figure in mind that allows him to buy the company and sell what he sees as valuable portions and still have a profit so he can answer to HIS shareholders.
    09-09-13 03:23 PM
    PW is a business man - he gambled on an investment in BBRY, and Thor and company have let him down. But he still see value in the company, if not as a whole, at least for key elements that he could sell at a premium if he were free to do so. But that all depends upon what he can buy BBRY for. It is not about covering his current holdings in BBRY, it is about getting control of the company for as little as possible. And if the ER is BAD then he most likely sees an opportunity to get it pretty cheaply in the coming months.

You can bet that if the ER is bad, then PW is going to value the Hardware portion of the business at close to $0. If subscriber rates have fallen (not sure if we will even be told about these) then BB'S Network and MDM Systems might not be worth a whole lot either in the near term.

PW is NOT going to pay a premium for BBRY - he is going to have a figure in mind that allows him to buy the company and sell what he sees as valuable portions and still have a profit so he can answer to HIS shareholders.
    LOL. PW let himself down perhaps? He sits on the board with 10% holdings. I'm certain he was involved in the decision making with the rest of the board.

Hardware business gets $0 valuation? Tell that to Microsoft who paid how much for Nokia?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:32 PM

I'm not sure why you think that he's going to have to wait until the ER to get any financial information. As a potential suitor, he can simply ask for it, and the fact that up until a few weeks ago he sat on the bod, he was already privy to the internal financials. Also, he could make a quick buck selling the company off in bits, but he's a long term investor. I think as the owner of a company with the potential of BlackBerry, he'd rather hold on to it and make even more in the years to come.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:45 PM

Every time I come across the phrase of hardware has zero value I shake my head. I'm not a CEO or pretend to be one and I certainly don't know how you go about doing your valuation, but do you really think for a sec Mr PW is going through all this if he doesn't see value one way or the other, Time will tell. No offence, but this is exactly why individual like PW don't come by everyday.
    09-09-13 03:57 PM
    What a great day.

I was recently thinking about our "shady and/or shadowy" friends.

Last night as I prepped for a colonoscopy, scheduled at 10:40 this morning, . . . . . it hit me!!!!

It became clear to me what moved them to post the trash talk.

Anyway, I had a very successful visit to day surgery and a bright green day on the markets . . . . thank you BB.
    09-09-13 04:07 PM
    Every time I come across the phrase of hardware has zero value I shake my head. I'm not a CEO or pretend to be one and I certainly don't know how you go about doing your valuation, but do you really think for a sec Mr PW is going through all this if he doesn't see value one way or the other, Time will tell. No offence, but this is exactly why individual like PW don't come by everyday.
    Don't worry about not being a CEO. There are people in this world who claim to be a CEO and claim to hold a PhD (probably Art History or something earth moving) who, along with lacking social skills, can't say anything worthy of consideration.

Don't fret about them. Be comfortable in your beliefs.

Stand Sure!
    09-09-13 04:17 PM
    Off Topic, but kinda, sorta related . . . .

I watched a great show on TV the other night on the building of the Morgan Aero 8.

Hand made using wood and aluminum for frame and body. 4.8L 367 bhp!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aeromax_rear_graf_web.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aeromax_side_graf_web.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aeromax_front_graf_web.jpg  
    09-09-13 04:24 PM
    What a great day.

I was recently thinking about our "shady and/or shadowy" friends.

Last night as I prepped for a colonoscopy, scheduled at 10:40 this morning, . . . . . it hit me!!!!

It became clear to me what moved them to post the trash talk.

Anyway, I had a very successful visit to day surgery and a bright green day on the markets . . . . thank you BB.
    Oh man, I'm due for that next year. Not looking forward to that. Glad you made it through and recovered to see the SP in GREEN!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 04:25 PM
    That is an amazing piece of art!! (the Morgan)

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:26 PM
    That is an amazing piece of art!! (the Morgan)

Posted via CB10
    Refering to the car or Bungaboy's exam????? lol

Edit: saw you put (the Morgan) in there... lol
    09-09-13 04:27 PM
    Well, seems like none of us saw the news from this morning from Gus of Scotiabank who's valuing BBM at $5/share. Check out the front page article on CB.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    09-09-13 04:33 PM
    Refering to the car or Bungaboy's exam????? lol

Edit: saw you put (the Morgan) in there... lol
    Lol...yeah, you beat me to it so I had to add haha

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-09-13 04:37 PM
    Well, seems like none of us saw the news from this morning from Gus of Scotiabank who's valuing BBM at $5/share. Check out the front page article on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Yes...decent read.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 04:37 PM
    Oh man, I'm due for that next year. Not looking forward to that. Glad you made it through and recovered to see the SP in GREEN!
    >_< i been avoiding that for a while. my mom passed away due to colon cancer and was told that i should get a check up. If one family member had it, I could end up getting it as well. I heard what they do to stick that thing up and heard stories from both side and man oh man, I know i need to get one done too but don't have the balls to pull it.
    lcjr, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-09-13 04:40 PM
    >_< i been avoiding that for a while. my mom passed away due to colon cancer and was told that i should get a check up. If one family member had it, I could end up getting it as well. I heard what they do to stick that thing up and heard stories from both side and man oh man, I know i need to get one done too but don't have the balls to pull it.
    Got to go do it though buddy. Bungaboy can fill you in on all the particulars since he just did it.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and abouthsu like this.
    09-09-13 04:44 PM
    Played it twice already. Stay calm and don't think. You will be under anesthesia and nothing left once awake to remember it has happened . Can save your life, just take the appointment and go.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, abouthsu and 1 others like this.
    09-09-13 04:55 PM
    Not to dampen the mood around here, but saw this article:

Source: BlackBerry just "gutted" its salesforce
    According to a source close to the matter, BlackBerry today laid off more than half of its salesforce.
    The source, based in Waterloo, says consumers sales is basically �gone� and �enterprise is gutted�.
    � I had twenty guys (from BlackBerry) on BBM from sales, and they have all posted alternate emails on their status,� says the source.
    The source says the cuts began today in Waterloo and are rumoured to hit the U.K. within a few days�
    The rumoured layoffs come after a report from the U.K.�s Sunday Times said Fairfax Financial boss Prem Watsa was preparing to take over the company.
    Developing�

What are your thoughts?
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-09-13 04:58 PM
    PLEASE! Do it. My Mom died from colon cancer. This was my 3rd time. It really isn't that bad considering it could save your life and prevent your wife from being an early widow and children losing their Dad far too early. They medicate you, give you some good drugs and if you ask nice they will play some Jimi Hendrix for ya. JUST DO IT!

Also, get your prostate checked regularly. . . . . I didn't and it took me 38 sessions in the BBQ plus lots of shots to still be here today.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-09-13 05:06 PM
    When I learned that I have to go through that, that's when I pulled the plug and took retirement. Worked on my health, spent 6 hours a day searching every university search paper that I could find. And finally fixed my self. I don't go to doctors any more unless it is blood test. Health is the most important, the rest is second.
    Not suggesting that you should change your plan.
    09-09-13 05:07 PM
    Not to dampen the mood around here, but saw this article:

Source: BlackBerry just "gutted" its salesforce

What are your thoughts?
    Source close to Blackberry, eh?

Next.
    09-09-13 05:08 PM
113,256 ... 18781879188018811882 ...