View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apparently CNBC is just reporting that Watsa has several billion in backing from CPP plus other Pensions are going to back him.

FWIW
    Better total $10 billion plus though.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-13 11:06 AM
    At some point shorts have to realize that the game is over. Squeeze?!?

Posted via CB10
    As much as I hate to say this, I don't think we will see a short squeeze...

I hope we do though... I'd love to be an investor in one of those occurrences.
    lcjr, abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-13 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I, like most every one else, has no real idea what the price will be. My concern is the Dell buyback price. Hardly a premium. Has it set the standard?
    09-09-13 11:09 AM
    Thanks a lot Morgan!! I'll be on a 16-hour train ride from Santa Cruz towards the Brazilian border in a few minutes, so plenty of time to think about your info :-) I wish you all the best on the 12th!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:14 AM
    How many consoles are to ship? How many chips per console? What price is AMD selling them for? How much of that is profit?

Posted via CB10
    Based on previous articles, AMD is supposed to get $20 per device sold. I'd have to find that article/s again later on this afternoon. Here's some news though:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...e-launch-ever/

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...of-tech/031842
    Last edited by lcjr; 09-09-13 at 11:27 AM.
    09-09-13 11:15 AM
    8 core AMD. I heard/read somewhere that Xbox pre order is 11 million and PS4 is more than the PS3 launch pre oders. You also need to realize that it's been 7yrs for PS and 10 yrs for Xbox since their last hardware change. This is a long time in console world where usually a upgrade console comes out every 5 yrs.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-09-13 11:17 AM
    More bad news? BlackBerrry rated number 9
    One document cited by Der Spiegel was an NSA assessment �noting that Nokia devices were long favored in extremist forums, with Apple following in third place and BlackBerry ranking a distant ninth.�

(sarcasm)

NSA able to intercept Blackberry e-mails: report - The Globe and Mail
    09-09-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    If $8 Billion was the only price thrown around last year by a group that couldn't even come up with that much.... not sure you should be expecting it to be more now that BlackBerry has shown that they don't have a smartphone platform.

It will be interesting to see how many of the major (and voting) stockholders are in PW little group. They will all be willing to take a loss on their stocks purchases (write offs for most) now, with the expectation of make back more profits later.
    09-09-13 11:21 AM
    Well I'm in AMD at 3.67 with 300 shares. BBRY average SP is just below 15.00/share with 500 shares. I'll add to my AMD position much like lcjr over the next month or so. Happy soon-to-be Fall everyone! No better time to play some golf around the northeast then the next few weeks
    Chris2J, m0de25, difabs and 2 others like this.
    09-09-13 11:36 AM
    $11.44 seems to be the resistance.
    09-09-13 11:51 AM
    It's been going up since I got to the lake. Loving it. Had to climb to the top of this mountain to get a connection. Wishing you all well.
    09-09-13 12:06 PM
    I'll give you some TA analysis to date here:

The latest chart shows us heading for the top of the channel now, not much resistance other than an over-bought reading on the way up from here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-9-2013-chart.jpg

We cleared the $ 11.10/shr resistance area and now we are moving into that large gap down area, it's like a vacuum on the way up from here. The 200-ema is at $ 12.15/shr and the 200-dma is at 12.99/shr, so those are levels that we can pause at along the way. The channel suggests that we should be over the $ 12.00/shr mark soon. There is also huge resistance above $ 13.50/shr as well. So that is our target while we await news.

In addition:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-9a-2013-chart.jpg

The Bollinger Bands are telling us that the rally is too strong and might need to spend a few days at this level in order for the bands to widen. This may or may not happen but for now it is a point of technical selling in the stock. Moving higher from here will be more difficult. You can see where Heins picked up his stock options, to the right of the largest circle there at $ 9.69/shr US. As you can see, since he got those options, the stock has been going up nicely. Good timing Heins! So look for the bands to widen and for the rally to continue from here. Let's get to the top of the channel prior to the first of several offers for the company.
    09-09-13 12:06 PM
    $11.44 seems to be the resistance.
    Yeah, I'll be surprised if it goes any higher today.
    09-09-13 12:07 PM
    it's been going up since i got to the lake. Loving it. Had to climb to the top of this mountain to get a connection. Wishing you all well.
    stay there!!
    09-09-13 12:08 PM
    From the forums => http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9142545

[...] It says intercepting BES messages demands a “sustained” effort by the NSA’s elite Tailored Access Operation [...]
    (The TAO is a highly secret NSA unit that “specializes in surreptitiously installing spyware and tracking devices on targeted computers and mobile-phone networks” and that has played a role in the hunt for al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the Washington Post reported previously.)
    NSA able to intercept BlackBerry e-mails: report - The Globe and Mail

What does it mean ?
    It means that, besides the technical break, the TAO relies on side informations/tools that will drastically reduce the "hunt" time (still "sustained"). These informations/tools are not necessarily BES hosted. This can be as diversified as old backups with passwords, revoked certificates, weaknesses of the global S.I, video spying, spyware on PCs, former administrator, ... ad lib.

In short, this is far from the "plug and read". VERY, very far.
    And with this type of informations, zero system can be proven safe: security rule #1 : "Be sure no one is looking over your shoulder". And if you travel by plane ... you know how this rule is NEVER applied.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-09-13 at 12:26 PM.
    09-09-13 12:13 PM
    Give me a single Y-axis extra line for today, and I'll be very happy !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-13 12:17 PM
    Flirting with the high of the day! Taking a bit to see if it will go through $11.47. Currently at $11.439. We shall see what happens. The longer it stays here, the more likely it will go higher as shorts get a little antsy. Would love to see it get pushed up and close above $12 today!!
    09-09-13 12:17 PM
    Just get to the $17 buyout price already.

It ain't EZ being BB
    09-09-13 12:20 PM
    Yeah, I'll be surprised if it goes any higher today.
    Just broke through , could go higher yet boys and girls
    09-09-13 12:21 PM
    Here we go! Made it $11.48. Not sure it can hold.
    09-09-13 12:22 PM
    It ain't EZ being BB
    Oh yes it is: demo a Zed and proud you'll be !
    09-09-13 12:22 PM
    I'd say anyone short, should get their a$$ covered NOW.
    09-09-13 12:24 PM
    8 core AMD. I heard/read somewhere that Xbox pre order is 11 million and PS4 is more than the PS3 launch pre oders. You also need to realize that it's been 7yrs for PS and 10 yrs for Xbox since their last hardware change. This is a long time in console world where usually a upgrade console comes out every 5 yrs.
    I have both 360 and PS3. My brother is more crazier than I do. He had 2 360 and 2 PS3. I need more customers like my brother to pad the numbers

Its been a long time coming and I feel this is a big step forward and is very much looking forward to the launch.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-09-13 12:26 PM
    I'd say anyone short, should get their a$$ covered NOW.
    Oh, me-little-devil would stand silent ... The more we wait, the bigger the "panic"
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 12:28 PM
    There's always something to learn in "Georges the Greek" articles.
    No chewing: read !
    Microsoft Corporation (MSFT): Microsoft Is Already The Number One Smartphone Devices Maker - Seeking Alpha
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-13 12:32 PM
113,256 ... 18751876187718781879 ...