View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For once this isnt poping at open and dropping right away. It is building on itself , I say we make it to 11.50 or we drop back to 11
    Yeah, I got some ideas going through my head so for the next two weeks I'll be watching the SP like a hawk.
    09-09-13 09:36 AM
    CPP is throwing a lot of money around lately. A few days back it was an office tower in S Korea to be used by Samsung. Today it was announced they are buying luxury retailer Neiman Marcus for $6B along with another partner. Investing in BlackBerry would be a drop in the bucket for the CPP.

Hmmmmm. Maybe come out with a Neiman Marcus diamond encrusted BlackBerry for the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:38 AM
    Careful lcjr, I know you want to dump some shares and buy them back at a drop to get some bonus ones and I do too but I think it's so risky right now. This thing could steadily climb back up to 14ish range in the next few weeks with more and more talk of taking it private and many analysts claiming a $15/share value.
    09-09-13 09:39 AM
    Careful lcjr, I know you want to dump some shares and buy them back at a drop to get some bonus ones and I do too but I think it's so risky right now. This thing could steadily climb back up to 14ish range in the next few weeks with more and more talk of taking it private and many analysts claiming a $15/share value.
    Lol, yeah.... seems like this is always the case. I'm watching it on a seperate monitor at my desk. Hopefully it continues to climb.
    09-09-13 09:42 AM
    my my my how we are popping!!! Beware you shorts, beware!
    09-09-13 09:43 AM
    As I was saying.. almost up 6% now LOL
    lcjr likes this.
    09-09-13 09:45 AM
    XBBM should launched until today, we would go to 14-15 easily.
    Now it needs to be launched maybe a week after Apple announcement, to have time for media to settle down.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:53 AM
    In case some are wondering what else CPP invests in here is a link showing some of their portfolio.

http://www.j3sg.com/Reports/Stock-In...itutionid=6177

The list is not a complete list of holdings as I do not see any real estate listed.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:54 AM
    In case some are wondering what else CPP invests in here is a link showing some of their portfolio.

CANADA PENSION PLAN INVESTMENT BOARD : Portfolio Holdings | J3SG

The list is not a complete list of holdings as I do not see any real estate listed.

Posted via CB10
    They just dropped $6B US on Neiman Marcus today.
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-09-13 10:04 AM
    Kind of quiet today (no news), so I'll just throw this out there... I went to BestBuy yesterday and you can no longer pre-order the XBoxOne or PS4. They are already over their expected delivery amount on pre-orders alone, so now they're wondering if any will arrive in the stores for purchase. AMD will make bank this holiday season!! This is at my location in El Paso Texas, might be able to pre-order in other cities still...
    abouthsu and Jahcure like this.
    09-09-13 10:05 AM
    They just dropped $6B US on Neiman Marcus today.
    Wow, that's a lot of money just to get the actual cookie recipe.
    09-09-13 10:07 AM
    Kind of quiet today (no news), so I'll just throw this out there... I went to BestBuy yesterday and you can no longer pre-order the XBoxOne or PS4. They are already over their expected delivery amount on pre-orders alone, so now they're wondering if any will arrive in the stores for purchase. AMD will make bank this holiday season!! This is at my location in El Paso Texas, might be able to pre-order in other cities still...
    I bought some AMD stocks when it was at 2.80

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu and lcjr like this.
    09-09-13 10:12 AM
    Thanks LJ, I think even the ER call coming up might or should included some chips shipped and book profits from improved mfg margins with inventory buildup. hopefully this is more good signs to come.! its *green* and so is m8's *HALO*. =) I loaded up a few more calls on AMD for Jan 18 call Strike 4.5. I certainly hope that the SP will be higher than 4.5 and a quick exercise or exist.

For those that do trade options quite a bit, from what I have been reading, it seems rare for people to exercise call unless they are long so my question is at what point does people close off the contract for profit? leaving the contract till last minute lose out the time value if the SP is up but like to see what most of you do if you trade options.

*thanks*
    09-09-13 10:14 AM
    I'm going to join the club on AMD I think. Anyone think there could be a drop in the near future or should I jump in before it climbs any higher?

I know we make our own decisions on this site so don't worry about the disclaimer when giving your advice to me
    Bugmapper, abouthsu and lcjr like this.
    09-09-13 10:22 AM
    I'm going to join the club on AMD I think. Anyone think there could be a drop in the near future or should I jump in before it climbs any higher?

I know we make our own decisions on this site so don't worry about the disclaimer when giving your advice to me
    Sharing my side of perspective. If the expectation of end result is higher *fingers crossed* than the current, I'm not good enough to play the dip or the rises, I rather buy instead miss out on the opportunity. Just MHO. GL
    09-09-13 10:33 AM
    Im sorry but at this point after being dragged through crap as a shareholder I want my money back
    If your average is below $20, then I believe - and sincerely hope - you will.
    _dimi_, Kid Vibe, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    09-09-13 10:36 AM
    Sharing my side of perspective. If the expectation of end result is higher *fingers crossed* than the current, I'm not good enough to play the dip or the rises, I rather buy instead miss out on the opportunity. Just MHO. GL
    That is very good advice. I've been watching it for a month or so if I had taken that advice then, I could have got in around 3.20 - nevertheless here I am still watching. I might set a couple different orders for the next few days. Hopefully one gets filled, if not, the other will and I wont miss too much upside
    abouthsu and BBInPlay like this.
    09-09-13 10:36 AM
    Apparently CNBC is just reporting that Watsa has several billion in backing from CPP plus other Pensions are going to back him.

FWIW
    09-09-13 10:41 AM
    That is very good advice. I've been watching it for a month or so if I had taken that advice then, I could have got in around 3.20 - nevertheless here I am still watching. I might set a couple different orders for the next few days. Hopefully one gets filled, if not, the other will and I wont miss too much upside
    I'm comfortable enough with #AMD due to being the sole provider for PS4 and XONE, i felt there is enough short term upside to jump in to play the wait and see game. The plan is to hold till Jan like LJ pointed out a while back, with an ER coming up and another one in Jan after the holiday seasons, i think there is some money to be made and dont plan on sticking around for the long unless coming arcoss more upsides.

AMD on its new direction, the iPad, and the transformation of the traditional PC | The latest news from the Computer and IT Industry | PC Retail
    lcjr likes this.
    09-09-13 10:45 AM
    09-09-13 10:45 AM

There's always fluxuations, but with the stock at $3.68 there's not to much it can or should drop. I'll buy more next month before the 17 October ER and then again in November. I'll see how things are going in December and then cash out after the 17 January ER.
    abouthsu and bergeron37 like this.
    09-09-13 10:52 AM
    If Watsa is actually ready to make a bid do you think that their offer will spark a bidding war or is there no interest out there
    09-09-13 11:00 AM
    As I was saying.. almost up 6% now LOL
    At some point shorts have to realize that the game is over. Squeeze?!?

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe, lcjr, fedakd and 2 others like this.
    09-09-13 11:03 AM
    BlackBerry

Hi Morgan,

It seems you could be right on Prem trying to take the company private. Any guess how much he'd offer? He claimed the company to be worth +40 dollars per share just months ago so offering 11-15 dollars per share seems very undervalued. But then again, why would he pay more than 17 dollars per share if that's a nice premium on top of today's share price and the average cost of his current holding.

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_!!!!!

Thanks for the question. As you know. Prem and Mikey are in the drivers seat here, as a private group, they own 17% of the shares outstanding. This makes it next to impossible for others to step in and low ball the company here. So $ 14 - $ 15 is never going to happen, that's far too cheap. Prem has options, he can protect his interests in the company by turning down any offer that comes our way, this means .... he will want to, and expect to make money on the final deal. At the same time, I have been saying all along that the hardware in business worth $ 2.5 billion (conservatively speaking), Lenovo can't afford the business as a whole. but they can arrange to purchase the handset portion for the $ 2.5 billion stated. This leaves BlackBerry with over $ 10.00/shr in cash and a profitable software/enterprise business. When you apply the proper P/E to that kind of business, you have unlocked huge value in the company. It is said that BBRY is able to make a $ 1.50 - $ 2.00/shr EPS if they can shake off the cost of the hardware side of the business, at a P/E = 15 you can value the company in the low to very high $ 20.00's. It is not over, their patents are a gold mine, they hold the next generation of security along with everything Samsung needs to ward off Apple. They could license their patents to Samsung and pull in another $ 5.00/shr in cash with some re-occurring revenue from that. Do they need to own this asset at all given the fact that they are likely to give in and sell the hardware business? Perhaps they do if they are thinking of re-entering the hardware business with a "new" product. So the whole thing gets a little complicated here as they could sell both patents and hardware, or either alone, or, some combination of those. It's when you start looking at these assets that you realize they hold some awesome stuff here. Let's say they sell the hardware plus license the patents to Lenovo for $ 3.5 billion and co-license the patents to Samsung for $ 2.5 billion. Now you have a profitable company with $ 3.0 cash, and $ 6.0 billion in new cash = $ 18.00/shr in cash and a profitable business model. This is way Prem thinks the company should trade at much higher levels. He is right of course. We can also see why journalists and analysts talking about Palm and BB in the same breath should be shot.

If MSFT wants to think big, they will have to buy the company for something in the $ 20.00's to get Prem to hand over the largest single holdings in the stock. The number will not be as low as $ 17.00/shr in this case. Then, you have to wonder where all of the shares have gone from the 500 million that have traded down in the $ 8.50 - $ 12.18/shr level. Someone is holding onto a pile of shares down here as we know that short interest is climbing again. There is plenty to think about here, I would bet that several companies are looking at parts of BlackBerry right now. An all out buyout will occur well above the 52 week high in any case. The only why to spoil this party is for it to go private (Prem/Mikey) before all of the value is unlocked. Heins gets a great package for selling the company, we know he now holds options on 3.5 million shares of BBRY at $ 9.69/shr and would like to see those shares appreciate too. I don't think anyone would let their shares be taken below $ 15.00/shr, many might consider doing it for $ 17.00/shr, but that's when other companies would step in and try to claim the company. You will likely see several moves before this sale is over.

In the meantime, we'll get Q2 which means nothing, and BBM-X/BB 10.2 to move the stock higher. I see us going to $ 13.00/shr plus before a deal even comes about based upon the value of the company itself and their latest launches. We will see a premium offer and than some additional counter-offers later on. Just my opinion of course!
    09-09-13 11:03 AM
    How many consoles are to ship? How many chips per console? What price is AMD selling them for? How much of that is profit?

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-09-13 11:05 AM
113,250 ... 18741875187618771878 ...