View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Again, I can see the fit, I'm just so use to seeing Lenovo's name tossed in when this sort of thing happens that I'm slightly wary of the rumor unless something more solid turns up.
    Ya... I hear ya. Their name has been tossed around for almost a year now regarding BlackBerry too. It does become tiresome after a while.
    09-09-13 07:18 AM
    09-09-13 07:18 AM
    I'm done having missed this "news." I don't want to chase it here at the open. Prem is in a tough spot being in at $17 but now also having a fiduciary obligation to his new pension fund partners, if it is true, not to overpay. I hope it opens $1.00+ higher, but for me its just too risky to chase as I'd need for (1) the rumor to be true, (2) for the price to go higher than the spike up and (3) I don't see a bidding war developing. If there are cheap short term 15 strike call options I'd consider those, but I suspect they will spike as well.

Look at the DELL chart, this is how it often goes and here there was a minor bidding war. No tmuch upside unless you are already in:

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=D...n-US&region=US
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 09-09-13 at 07:32 AM. Reason: addded chart
    09-09-13 07:23 AM
    Mhhh ... Damm, I don't want to miss that trading day ... (still hold, no add).
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 08:11 AM
    Slow Monday morning here today!
    Seems like the premarket is making everyone HOLD on to something with both hands!

09-09-13 08:14 AM
    Looks like Icahn is exiting the Dell deal.
    09-09-13 08:23 AM
    if it is news today that Prem and his friends might be interested, well then you haven't been paying attention over the past couple of months
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 08:26 AM
    if it is news today that Prem and his friends might be interested, well then you haven't been paying attention over the past couple of months
    I honestly dont want Watsa and friends to buy BB. They will putt a low ball offer in , our best bet is to sell the pieces off ourself's. Rather then selling cheap and letting them make the profit
    09-09-13 08:32 AM
    I honestly dont want Watsa and friends to buy BB. They will putt a low ball offer in , our best bet is to sell the pieces off ourself's. Rather then selling cheap and letting them make the profit
    If its too low, someone else will counter. I truely expect the offer to be in the $15-$17 range. The offer has to be competative enough to keep others out. Don't fool yourself by reading all the doom and gloom articles. There are far more companies interested in BB then anyone will be lead to believe.
    09-09-13 08:35 AM
    I'd much rather the company stay as a whole and go private than be sold off in pieces for a quick shareholder profit. As much as money is a good thing to have around, having the company survive is far more important.
    leafs123, m0de25, radwon and 8 others like this.
    09-09-13 08:39 AM
    Good morning gang! Well here we are for another riviting and action packed week here! haha. Hope everyone has a pleasant day and if you hear some news, please post.
    09-09-13 08:42 AM
    I'd much rather the company stay as a whole and go private than be sold off in pieces for a quick shareholder profit. As much as money is a good thing to have around, having the company survive is far more important.
    Im sorry but at this point after being dragged through crap as a shareholder I want my money back
    _dimi_, Kid Vibe, emtunc and 1 others like this.
    09-09-13 08:42 AM
    If its too low, someone else will counter. I truely expect the offer to be in the $15-$17 range. The offer has to be competative enough to keep others out. Don't fool yourself by reading all the doom and gloom articles. There are far more companies interested in BB then anyone will be lead to believe.
    Well if there is truely alot of companies interested I could see the price being closer to 25 a share. The only question is there companies waiting to pull the trigger
    09-09-13 08:44 AM
    Im sorry but at this point after being dragged through crap as a shareholder I want my money back
    And I feel for you, but I'm sure the thousands of people employed by BB would like the money to continue to come in to support their families. They didn't take a risk by betting on the company when they applied for their jobs like you did when you bought the stock. You make money and lose money on the stock market and that's a simple reality.
    09-09-13 08:47 AM
    Partnership with Samsung or Microsoft is my hope.
    09-09-13 08:51 AM
    My sentiments exactly, as a shareholder and BlackBerry developer.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    09-09-13 08:54 AM
    Have to get back to work, but I am shocked there is no large spike up here. I guess they are waiting to hear a price per share # ? I am still not getting in, but the Oct $12.00 calls look to be cheap at .87... Interestingly, the $14 and up calls have hardly moved and the 15.00's are actually down a penny. Granted there is very low options volume, but it could tell us the street thinks the offer price won't be over 14. All of this could change with 1 announcement.
    lcjr, fedakd and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-09-13 08:56 AM
    Well if there is truely alot of companies interested I could see the price being closer to 25 a share. The only question is there companies waiting to pull the trigger
    $25 might be optimistic ...be awesome thou I would make bank! LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 09:00 AM
    And I feel for you, but I'm sure the thousands of people employed by BB would like the money to continue to come in to support their families. They didn't take a risk by betting on the company when they applied for their jobs like you did when you bought the stock. You make money and lose money on the stock market and that's a simple reality.
    If blackberry can turn around and make a profit then by all means blackberry should stay together and not even bother going private but the reality is that if blackberry does go private that isnt saving any jobs. If you think that then you are mistaken. They will sell off all the parts that are making money aka hardware and there goes most of blackberry employees. Then they will continue to sell of the rest , or if your lucky they will keep a small shelve of blackberry and offer software but even in that case there wont even be over 1000 employees. So the way I see it is unless blackberry can show some good growth this qtr then alot more employees will be jobless. Buton a good note there is alot of tech companies in and around Waterloo that can take on most of the people that loss jobs. I work at a software company in the area , this is how i know that
    lcjr likes this.
    09-09-13 09:01 AM
    It may very well be that we can't have both the "saving" of BBRY as we know it AND a high buyout price. It may be an either/or situation in the current climate. Sell of some parts, raise some cash and try to save the enterprise and software parts. The question is if that part is then taken private. My guess is if it happens it is going to be Prem and the Canadian pension funds and they do so at 15-17. Pure speculation on my part.

Will folks be happy with $17 and a BBRY that mostly survives, albeit in private hands? GLTA today could be a fun day!
    I would. I have all of my retirement savings (small amount that it is) in BlackBerry stock that I bought at $13.75. So if I can make some money and have my favorite phone maker stay in business I'm all for that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:07 AM
    Value of any deal at this level is not really that bad for Prem. Fairfax already hold approx. 10% of BB. Sol, given a market cap of say 6 billion, one has to take away the current stock holding so subtract 600 million which equals 5.4 billion. BB has lets say approx. 2.5 billion in cash. This brings the value down to 2.9 billion. Course they do need to have cash to operate but still, 2.9 billion for BB is not a bad deal. Given that the stock is only up 2.5% on this news (sure rumour only at this point), the market does not seem to give much credence to this rumour or the market thinks this is all BB is worth. Either way, getting BB for approx. 3 billion seems like a pretty good deal to me. Given this, there is room for a higher valuation so I am looking at $15 on the low side and $18 - 19 on the topside. If the Canada Pension Plan is involved, they will have to walk the line between getting value for themselves and giving value to existing shareholders. At this point, I think, the best plan for BB is to go private and get out of the limelight of the public company arena and the moronic view of today, today, today. This gets rid of the short position and gives BB time to gain traction in its business segments. I would also say that the handset business may be sold off or at a minimum, exit the handset business and license BB10 to other manufacturers. Now that BB10 is up and running, the time is right to move forward. So, possible players in the deal, Canada Pension Plan Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, Caisse de Depot. Each is very capable of putting up 1 billion as chump change. Many other smaller pension plans could be involved as well. This is not a big deal to get done. Prem will want to maintain a 10% interest, at least, I would assume but who knows, he may take some money off the table as well, if the deal gets done for over $17. Either way he, potentially wins - He may lost some on his present shares if offer is below $17 but could average down by buying more cheaper shares in any offer if price is below $17. I think he will take the opportunity to whittle his share holding down a bit and let the bigger boys take the bulk of the deal. He only needs 3 partners so it is certainly doable. I hope a deal is announced soon and shorts are caught offside and have to fill above the offer!! That would make me extremely happy to see that type of short squeeze!!
    09-09-13 09:15 AM
    Value of any deal at this level is not really that bad for Prem. Fairfax already hold approx. 10% of BB. Sol, given a market cap of say 6 billion, one has to take away the current stock holding so subtract 600 million which equals 5.4 billion. BB has lets say approx. 2.5 billion in cash. This brings the value down to 2.9 billion. Course they do need to have cash to operate but still, 2.9 billion for BB is not a bad deal. Given that the stock is only up 2.5% on this news (sure rumour only at this point), the market does not seem to give much credence to this rumour or the market thinks this is all BB is worth. Either way, getting BB for approx. 3 billion seems like a pretty good deal to me. Given this, there is room for a higher valuation so I am looking at $15 on the low side and $18 - 19 on the topside. If the Canada Pension Plan is involved, they will have to walk the line between getting value for themselves and giving value to existing shareholders. At this point, I think, the best plan for BB is to go private and get out of the limelight of the public company arena and the moronic view of today, today, today. This gets rid of the short position and gives BB time to gain traction in its business segments. I would also say that the handset business may be sold off or at a minimum, exit the handset business and license BB10 to other manufacturers. Now that BB10 is up and running, the time is right to move forward. So, possible players in the deal, Canada Pension Plan Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, Caisse de Depot. Each is very capable of putting up 1 billion as chump change. Many other smaller pension plans could be involved as well. This is not a big deal to get done. Prem will want to maintain a 10% interest, at least, I would assume but who knows, he may take some money off the table as well, if the deal gets done for over $17. Either way he, potentially wins - He may lost some on his present shares if offer is below $17 but could average down by buying more cheaper shares in any offer if price is below $17. I think he will take the opportunity to whittle his share holding down a bit and let the bigger boys take the bulk of the deal. He only needs 3 partners so it is certainly doable. I hope a deal is announced soon and shorts are caught offside and have to fill above the offer!! That would make me extremely happy to see that type of short squeeze!!
    offer will be above 52 week high
    ibpluto and fedakd like this.
    09-09-13 09:18 AM
    So what's the guestamate for today? Are we going to stay around the $11.20 mark or will we slip back down a bit throughout the day?
    09-09-13 09:31 AM
    So what's the guestamate for today? Are we going to stay around the $11.20 mark or will we slip back down a bit throughout the day?
    For once this isnt poping at open and dropping right away. It is building on itself , I say we make it to 11.50 or we drop back to 11
    lcjr likes this.
    09-09-13 09:33 AM
    And, why don't they throw in another 6 to 800 million and take Sierra Wireless private at the same time? This would be a great addition to BB and would create a company in the M2M business, made in Canada! That would be a masterstroke and give BB a much better chance of moving forward. Just a thought.
    09-09-13 09:36 AM
113,251 ... 18731874187518761877 ...