View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    On similar vein . . .

"Margin Call" is a pretty good movie. Kevin Spacey is in it.
    On a similar vein to Flighplan and The Forgotten, does anyone know when this movie is coming out? Looks very suspenseful.... I'll be first in line (especially if it was filmed in 3D). Olivia Munn is in it.

09-08-13 03:31 PM
    I have yet to see a WP phone in the wild. Never, ever.
    I have one, and I'm the only one I know that does. BB's are easy to spot here in Van-City.
    09-08-13 04:12 PM
    Sorry, he just became my enemy when he decided to step off the board and try to take BlackBerry private. He is trying to keep all the profits for himself. We can invite him to the party, but I'll be throwing eggs cuz it'll be a $20 party at Applebee's.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Very, very true. Plus I think they come in at $15-17. No need to pay an 80% premium at $20. If they do make an offer, they aren't going to be in it for philanthropic reasons and won't overpay. Prem gets out whole at $17.00.... I can't see a bidding war over $15 as the vultures like Lenovo, or whoever will just move on. JMHO........
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-08-13 04:39 PM
    On a similar vein to Flighplan and The Forgotten, does anyone know when this movie is coming out? Looks very suspenseful.... I'll be first in line (especially if it was filmed in 3D). Olivia Munn is in it.

Great necklace.
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    09-08-13 04:40 PM
    Is this a good deal for pension funds in Canada? If it was why were they not buying before we or does this mean they may but at a cheap share price? Tycoon Prem Watsa eyes BlackBerry rescue
    The Australian
    Mr Watsa's company, Fairfax Financial Holdings, is BlackBerry's biggest shareholder, with a 10 per cent stake. The tycoon was also on its board but stood down*...
    See all stories on this topic �
    Fairfax's Watsa closing in on Blackberry purchase: report
    Livemint
    London: Fairfax Financial Holdings chairman Prem Watsa has billions of dollars in backing from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for a purchase of*...
    See all stories on this topic �
    09-08-13 04:42 PM
    Ha ha ha ha . . . . . the person that continuously dumps on BlackBerry claims he has never seen a Z10, Q10 or a Q5 in the wild.

Cred . . . . gone when you need it most.
    sidhuk and bondary like this.
    09-08-13 04:48 PM
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1310844.ece

Hi Morgan,

It seems you could be right on Prem trying to take the company private. Any guess how much he'd offer? He claimed the company to be worth +40 dollars per share just months ago so offering 11-15 dollars per share seems very undervalued. But then again, why would he pay more than 17 dollars per share if that's a nice premium on top of today's share price and the average cost of his current holding.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:55 PM
    I think this ER will be a relatively non-event. The market will be disappointed to see the company burn cash but they will be pleasantly surprised of the uptick in Q10 sales by enterprise. I see the stock moving +/- 10%.
    09-08-13 05:07 PM
    I also feel that a privatisation would not be in the best interest of us, shareholders. If it occurs I can't help but feel that it was carefully planned as a way of keeping BlackBerry (as a whole or in parts) out of competitors hands at a lower price. I hope we'll know the full picture when all of this is over. If there are 'informal' discussions like in 2011 then I'm very doubtful..

Let me know what you all think?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-13 05:11 PM
    To share holders, try your best not to be cheated by the trolls of apple, Samsung, even windows here, you know who they are. I repeat here again, don't sell your shares under $40.00. Otherwise, you are going to kick yourselves later.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:12 PM
    Some company either some pension fund or Microsoft or goggle, could offer 2 billion dollars to purchase 10 percent of additional offering from BlackBerry. BlackBerry will then keep the way of organic growth by having enough money to do some serious marketing and keep innovation. That is what I would like to see. That would be the best option for current BlackBerry shareholders. When BlackBerry reaches 100 billion company, it would be $200 party rather than $20 party. Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:20 PM
    I also feel that a privatisation would not be in the best interest of us, shareholders. If it occurs I can't help but feel that it was carefully planned as a way of keeping BlackBerry (as a whole or in parts) out of competitors hands at a lower price. I hope we'll know the full picture when all of this is over. If there are 'informal' discussions like in 2011 then I'm very doubtful..

Let me know what you all think.
    Posted via CB10
    Dimi, here I sit coincidentally reading 6" of business papers I was given today, one is quite timely from the Toronto Star. 9.13.2012, Business
    BlackBerry admits its turnaround has failed: Olive
    Taking BlackBerry private would mean a yardsale, not salvation for the troubled smart phone maker.
    BlackBerry admits its turnaround has failed: Olive | Toronto Star
    I can't see Prem paying a premium price nor any pension fund. It will be interesting to learn of the price when the time comes.
    09-08-13 05:40 PM
    A reincarnate!
    09-08-13 05:46 PM
    Dimi, here I sit coincidentally reading 6" of business papers I was given today, one is quite timely from the Toronto Star. 9.13.2012, Business
    BlackBerry admits its turnaround has failed: Olive
    Taking BlackBerry private would mean a yardsale, not salvation for the troubled smart phone maker.
    BlackBerry admits its turnaround has failed: Olive | Toronto Star
    I can't see Prem paying a premium price nor any pension fund. It will be interesting to learn of the price when the time comes.
    I tend to agree with Andy. BB10, BES10,.. have great potential and an extra 2 billion in the bank would get them far I think..

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-08-13 05:52 PM
    To share holders, try your best not to be cheated by the trolls of apple, Samsung, even windows here, you know who they are. I repeat here again, don't sell your shares under $40.00. Otherwise, you are going to kick yourselves later.

Posted via CB10
    Sell before the inevitable ****-storm that is this ER, and buy back after at a lower average share price. Profit.
    09-08-13 06:11 PM
    Sell before the inevitable ****-storm that is this ER, and buy back after at a lower average share price. Profit.
    You make it should like this is an infallible strategy. Maybe something less of an "all-in" strategy would be prudent?
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-08-13 06:28 PM
    You guys just wait til my Crown induced vision comes true...lol. NO THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 06:51 PM
    You make it should like this is an infallible strategy. Maybe something less of an "all-in" strategy would be prudent?
    Well stop-losses or whatever proved to be absolutely useless last ER, so I'd rather play it safe which is ironic because it is an "all-in" strategy.
    09-08-13 07:49 PM
    You gotta point there however, he invested and stuck through the worst. He only stepped down when enemies of blackberry were all out to destroy this great one of a kind canadian tech company. I still see his move is a positive one. I still dont see any sale. Let see as the cards unfold.
    I agree with you for the most part... Prem was always on the side of the longs and wanted BB10 to succeed with his 9.9% stake. Can there even be a question about this? As for their current troubles, I blame management more than I blame their "enemies" ... It was a decent effort, but they simply made too many mistakes where they could afford almost none.

Although Prem was on the BoD, it's not necessarily his fault that the current management botched the BB Reboot Project. (I believe he joined in early 2012, by then the cogs were already in motion). Who knows what went on behind closed doors, but if Prem is as smart as his wallet is bloated, I'd like to think that he recognized and voiced concerns about the misteps along the way. If he was that person that questioned the bad decisions, then maybe his leadership and/or knack of hiring the right people can turn this sucker around once and for all. If it's true that the Pension Funds have his back, then perhaps he has outlined a very solid plan.

Anyway, it's obvious that something's gotta shake things up.
    Last edited by m0de25; 09-09-13 at 01:34 AM.
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-08-13 09:44 PM
    Can anyone post the Sunday time full article? I can't seems to reach the URL through my mobile and isn't around a desktop ATM.
    09-08-13 10:03 PM
    Can anyone post the Sunday time full article? I can't seems to reach the URL through my mobile and isn't around a desktop ATM.
    Thanks
    09-08-13 10:04 PM
    Possible watsa buyout hardware business speculation. Spoiler:lenovo is mentioned, lol

http://chartianity.wordpress.com/201...ackberry-deal/

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 10:25 PM
    All this privatization talk has me worried... I hope the buyout price isn't too low. :/
    09-08-13 11:25 PM
    All this privatization talk has me worried... I hope the buyout price isn't too low. :/
    If it came to that, I'm hoping that we at least get our 52 wk high (not enough for our $20 Applebee party!)
    Bugmapper and morganplus8 like this.
    09-08-13 11:34 PM
    Be nice if y'all get reasonable value, even some green.
    09-08-13 11:36 PM
113,256 ... 18711872187318741875 ...