View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Perhaps I over reached last night

Anyway...great race at Monza...Hamilton is giving quite the show.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:15 AM
    Perhaps I over reached last night

Anyway...great race at Monza...Hamilton is giving quite the show.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, someone was wearing his Crown goggles last night when crunching numbers
    09-08-13 08:41 AM
    FYI...BB10 apps are available for NHL teams...I perused a few and they are very well done...BB now has everything I need

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 199559
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-08-13 08:44 AM
    Just finished watching Wall Street, great flick...
    Another great Michael Douglas film is "The Game", imo. Wicked suspense from beginning to end.
    09-08-13 08:59 AM
    Put me down for 4.2 million.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:25 AM
    Another great Michael Douglas film is "The Game", imo. Wicked suspense from beginning to end.
    On similar vein . . .

"Margin Call" is a pretty good movie. Kevin Spacey is in it.
    sidhuk and m0de25 like this.
    09-08-13 09:38 AM
    Where was my counting ... ? ... ah : TWO

BlackBerry Demos BBM on iPhone and Android at TIFF - N4BB
    09-08-13 09:40 AM
    Is that a THREE ?

BlackBerry Awarded "Authority to Operate" on U.S. Department of Defense Networks - Press Releases
    Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced the U.S. Defense Information System Agency (DISA) has given BlackBerry� Z10 and BlackBerry� Q10 smartphones with BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10, the Authority to Operate (ATO) on Department of Defense (DoD) networks. BlackBerry is the first Mobile Device Management (MDM) provider to obtain an ATO.

With the ATO, DISA is now developing the infrastructure to support BlackBerry 10 smartphones. DISA is architecting the capacity to support 10,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones by this fall and 30,000 by the end of 2013 on DoD networks.
    Edit : Sorry, I believe this is old news ... http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...perate-837188/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-08-13 at 10:47 AM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-08-13 09:49 AM
    Hmmmmm???????

Fairfax’s Watsa Closing in on Blackberry purchase: report

Watsa has billions of dollars in backing from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, the Sunday Times said

Jesse Westbrook
    Updated: Sun, Sep 08 2013. 07 54 PM IST

London: Fairfax Financial Holdings chairman Prem Watsa has billions of dollars in backing from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for a purchase of troubled smartphone maker BlackBerry, the Sunday Times reported, without saying where it got the information.

“Other Canadian pension funds are also expected to back Watsa’s bid,” Times said, citing unamed banking sources.

“Fairfax owns 10% stake in BlackBerry,” newspaper said. Bloomberg
    09-08-13 10:09 AM
    And here we go again with MSFT. They are definitely running a LARGE offensive plan. (some of) BB inside ?
    Microsoft, AmEx Said to Compete for Foursquare Stake - Bloomberg

The two companies [MSFT/AMEX] are competing to invest in Foursquare rather than cooperating on a joint bid, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the information isn’t public. Foursquare is talking with other companies about a possible investment, and the talks may not lead to a deal, said another person with knowledge of the matter.

Foursquare, which lets users check in to show they’re visiting a place like a restaurant or shop, is also negotiating with venture capitalists who own convertible debt about turning their holdings into equity, said one of the people.
    The discussions suggest that potential investors are more bullish on Foursquare’s prospects after it began reaping the benefits of a new advertising approach that lets brands target users when they’ve checked into a locale. Foursquare in April raised $41 million in debt, a move that let it keep tinkering with an unproven business model while delaying debate about the company’s true worth.
    09-08-13 10:21 AM
    Hmmmmm???????
    We should also invite him to our $100 tokyo party.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 09-08-13 at 12:06 PM.
    09-08-13 10:51 AM
    Interesting reading (please note that I still don't believe MSFT will takeover BB)

In French for some fellow Canadians and FR readers : Pourquoi BlackBerry peut encore int�resser Microsoft | Richard Dufour | Technologie

EN Goog translated (sorry) :
    The purchase by Microsoft ( MSFT ), Division of Nokia mobile phones do not automatically mean that Microsoft can no longer be regarded as a prospective purchaser of the BlackBerry ( BB ).

The company has ample means to buy BlackBerry with its cash of $ 76 billion, says analyst Scott Penner of TD Bank. More importantly, he said, Microsoft may use BlackBerry to double its market share in smart phones worldwide. The firm IDC recently estimated the market share of Windows and BlackBerry 3.7% and 2.9%.
    BlackBerry also offer better penetration for Microsoft in enterprises , a niche where the analyst believes that the Lumia range of phones from Nokia ( NOK ) is unable to penetrate.

At a minimum, the deal between Nokia and Microsoft demonstrates the value and interest in mobile phones, something that Wall Street currently provides very little value in the case of BlackBerry.
    According to Todd Coupland of CIBC, the price of CAN $ 7.5 billion paid by Microsoft for Nokia mobile phones serve as a reference for a possible sale of similar activities BlackBerry.
    "Strategic buyers who are interested in BlackBerry should consider the precedent that Microsoft has created," said Todd Coupland.
    If BlackBerry was to be sold under the same financial metrics that the Nokia-Microsoft deal, Gus Papageorgiou of Scotia says that BlackBerry could be worth $ 16.90 per share.
    The action of BlackBerry ended yesterday's session up 53 cents, or 4.9%, to $ 11.28 at the Toronto Stock Exchange.
    Although Scott Penner think BlackBerry is an attractive target for potential buyers, the privatization of the company is more likely to happen he said.
    The expert TD emphasizes that Microsoft has filled in the short term with the integration of acquired businesses, Nokia and other strategies currently underway to restructure the company hands.

In addition to Microsoft, Lenovo and Samsung are two other companies whose names circulating as potential buyers for BlackBerry. "While Samsung has publicly said he was not interested in BlackBerry, the transaction between Microsoft and Nokia could bring leadership to reconsider its position," said Gus Papageorgiou.
    "BlackBerry would give Samsung its own operating system, a strong presence in business and because BB10 much like Android, Samsung would probably be better to encourage application developers to transfer their Android applications to BlackBerry BB10 that was able to do up from here. In addition, BB10 can be used across different Samsung products like TV, for example. "

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-08-13 at 02:24 PM.
    09-08-13 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry also offer better penetration in Microsoft business, a niche where the analyst believes that the Lumia range of phones from Nokia ( NOK ) is unable to penetrate.
    Except we already know that's nonsense and we've seen multiple examples of large corps (Telefonica, Delta) adopting Lumias especially the 520 which is a very cheap work horse - and that is a trend that is going to accelerate now that nokia is coming 'in-house' and there is increased uncertainty about the future of BBRY.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-08-13 11:21 AM
    We should also invite me him to our $100 tokyo party.
    Sorry, he just became my enemy when he decided to step off the board and try to take BlackBerry private. He is trying to keep all the profits for himself. We can invite him to the party, but I'll be throwing eggs cuz it'll be a $20 party at Applebee's.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-08-13 11:23 AM
    FYI...BB10 apps are available for NHL teams...I perused a few and they are very well done...BB now has everything I need

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 199559
    I'm proud support of the Vancouver Canucks but the GM bugs the heck out of me. AND the team is phasing into a rebuild time. *disappointed*

anyway.!!

for LJ and those who bought #AMD!

The PlayStation 4 Is In Mass Production
    09-08-13 11:33 AM
    Sorry, he just became my enemy when he decided to step off the board and try to take BlackBerry private. He is trying to keep all the profits for himself. We can invite him to the party, but I'll be throwing eggs cuz it'll be a $20 party at Applebee's.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    You gotta point there however, he invested and stuck through the worst. He only stepped down when enemies of blackberry were all out to destroy this great one of a kind canadian tech company. I still see his move is a positive one. I still dont see any sale. Let see as the cards unfold.
    09-08-13 12:10 PM
    Yes, someone was wearing his Crown goggles last night when crunching numbers
    I was too, but hands were too shaky to type...
    bungaboy, m0de25 and sidhuk like this.
    09-08-13 12:12 PM
    BlackBerry also offer better penetration in Microsoft
    Thanks for the great imagery...LOL
    bungaboy, Randeman, 3_M4N and 3 others like this.
    09-08-13 12:17 PM
    I thought people would be interest to know that the average currently stands at 2.9 million.
    Back out the top and bottom two or three then average.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 12:20 PM
    We used to go into Walmarts with our cameras and take pictures of freaks.
    See any cameras pointed back at you?
    Couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and bondary like this.
    09-08-13 12:54 PM
    Except we already know that's nonsense and we've seen multiple examples of large corps (Telefonica, Delta) adopting Lumias especially the 520 which is a very cheap work horse - and that is a trend that is going to accelerate now that nokia is coming 'in-house' and there is increased uncertainty about the future of BBRY.
    I'll be curious to read more about Lumias penetration ... As much as I can remember, I've not seen any WP with a decent position in Enterprises.
    BlackBerry devices that may help are those white collars still use as - most - secured ones. That's this segment where BlackBerry is #1 and can offer to MS an opportunity by extending BES BYOD to WP.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-08-13 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the great imagery...LOL
    Lol, Google translate X-rated!
    Thx, edited.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-08-13 02:25 PM
    I'll be curious to read more about Lumias penetration ... As much as I can remember, I've not seen any WP with a decent position in Enterprises.
    BlackBerry devices that may help are those white collars still use as - most - secured ones. That's this segment where BlackBerry is #1 and can offer to MS an opportunity by extending BES BYOD to WP.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    I have yet to see a WP phone in the wild. Never, ever.
    Kid Vibe and sidhuk like this.
    09-08-13 02:28 PM
    I have yet to see a WP phone in the wild. Never, ever.
    I have never seen a BB10 device does that mean they don't exist?
    nquyen likes this.
    09-08-13 02:35 PM
    I have never seen a BB10 device does that mean they don't exist?
    It's no mystery they have almost the same market share...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-08-13 02:41 PM
113,256 ... 18701871187218731874 ...