View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hell ya! Although I am from and currently living in Vancouver, I try and visit Tokyo once a year. Great place to visit if you like fast paced, exciting, and random adventures.

Looking for news/updates and I found this...
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle14157983/
    Vancouver as in BC? I always wanted to visit Japan and haven't had the time. Random adventures is exactly why.
    bungaboy, Kid Vibe and lcjr like this.
    09-07-13 01:41 PM
    When do we grab the pitchforks & re take our government? This NSA spying is outrageous...

The latest from Dier Spiegel, the NSA's smartphone capabilities, Android, IOS & BBRY:

Privacy Scandal: NSA Can Spy on Smart Phone Data - SPIEGEL ONLINE
    danprown, lcjr and fedakd like this.
    09-07-13 02:38 PM
    I'm very surprised with the apathy of the Americans on the issue.

Also, looks like we are up a fair bit during my absent week.

Cheers all.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 02:48 PM
    Hell ya! Although I am from and currently living in Vancouver, I try and visit Tokyo once a year. Great place to visit if you like fast paced, exciting, and random adventures.

Looking for news/updates and I found this...
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle14157983/
    If we get this stock up to a reasonable profit take I will gladly meet you in Tokyo for a celebratory party!

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-07-13 02:49 PM
    If we get this stock up to a reasonable profit take I will gladly meet you in Tokyo for a celebratory party!

Posted via CB10
    I will be there for sure!

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    09-07-13 02:57 PM
    I just got Hakushu 18 Year Old, a present from my friend. It is great!

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    09-07-13 03:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    To achieve that, I would have to send the wife on the shopping trip and hire a nanny for the kid but 100$ party would take care of that quality guys time is a must.
    bungaboy, Korepab, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    09-07-13 03:33 PM
    The $100 dollar party will happen, but not as soon as we originally hoped for. We still have to get through this upcoming (negative) ER. We have no positive or confirmed news from BB and the last from THE was an expected loss. Not turning into a troll here, just a reality check. We are bouncing around the estimated value of the stock and are hoping for some increase based on what we think is an increase in users or corporate buy-in with BB10 devices. While I'm positive BB will come out of this negative perception, I'm concentrating on this ER first. I can't just leave my funds in BBRY for 3-5 years and hope things work out. Without any new news before the ER I'm going to sell on 26 Sep and wait for the drop. It will happen, just like last time. I support BBRY and will buy back in later when the SP levels out about $9. Just thinking out loud here and hope I didn't upset anyone, but I'm learning how this works and will take advantage of it.
    09-07-13 04:31 PM
    Hope it works out for you lcjr, just remember the drop happened after hours and dragged deeper in premarket....expect shenanigans to commence earlier this time. I believe the market already has it valued for the limited guidance given last ER...could drop 6 - 10% but that's about it me thinks.

Which brings up the volume shipped...total guess...7.5mm BB10 devices.

Z: 1 -1.3 mm
    Q10: 4mm
    Q5: 2.2 - 2.5mm

Not unreasonable really.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 09-07-13 at 05:39 PM.
    09-07-13 04:47 PM
    I just got Hakushu 18 Year Old, a present from my friend. It is great!

Posted via CB10
    Your friend gave you an 18 year old named Hakushu? Hot damn. I wish I had friends like that...
    09-07-13 05:15 PM
    I really don't see this stock tanking below $9 if ER is bad. I say this because
    1. Thorsten already let it be known that this ER would be reporting a loss
    2. Momentum for a sale is still evident
    3. I believe the ER won't be THAT bad, still a loss, but not that bad.

EDIT: Also to add to the point. Obviously, we know how well the stock tanked last time because there was a 50/50 chance for it to blow up or to bomb. This time round, I don't think anyone is expecting a positive report, so anyone holding now is most likely a long and people who bought on the sale hype. I can't explain WTF the shorts are doing, but nevermind.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Bilaal; 09-07-13 at 05:34 PM.
    09-07-13 05:15 PM
    If Venezuela paid up I can see a decent FCF position (if my 7.5 guess is even close).

Agree 100% with the strategic options still in play...play :/

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 05:35 PM
    Hope it works out for you lcjr, just remember the drop happened after hours and dragged deeper in premarket....expect shenanigans to commence earlier this time. I believe the market already has it valued for the limited guidance given last ER...could drop 6 - 10% but that's about it me thinks.

Not unreasonable really.

Posted via CB10
    That's a big number and puts you 3.5 million above the nearest most positive number:

m0de25 1.75 million
    Nquyen 1.8 million - EPS of -$-0.15
    Chrysaurora 1.96 million - EPS of -$0.15
    Andrew4life 2.0 million - EPS of - $0.56
    lcjr 2.0 million
    Khf227 2.1 million - EPS of -$0.25
    Notfanboy 2.2 million
    OMGitworks 2.2 Million
    CGK 2.3 million
    Bugmapper 2.4 million - EPS of -$0.10
    Randeman 2.41 millon
    Abouthsu 2.5 million
    Kid Vibe 2.5 million
    Gesig Boek 2.7 million
    Superfly_FR 3.0 million
    Sidhuk 3.0 million
    Bungaboy 3.15 million - EPS of -$0.12
    Cjcampbell 3.7 million
    Morlock_man 4.0 million
    Shanerredflag 7.5 million
    09-07-13 06:42 PM
    Yes sir...to me it seems totally reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:45 PM
    LOL, yeah... Venezuela doesn't have any money right now. I wouldn't even count on one cent from them right now. Maybe later when they are doing better, but paying their debts isn't one of their priorities right now. The SP may not tank, but I'm betting it will sink pretty low, especially when the negative media starts their campaign the week prior. I'm only selling so I can buy back in at a lower SP and increase my share count. I'm still a loyal BB fan.
    09-07-13 06:49 PM
    LOL, yeah... Venezuela doesn't have any money right now. I wouldn't even count on one cent from them right now. Maybe later when they are doing better, but paying their debts isn't one of their priorities right now. The SP may not tank, but I'm betting it will sink pretty low, especially when the negative media starts their campaign the week prior. I'm only selling so I can buy back in at a lower SP and increase my share count. I'm still a loyal BB fan.
    Never suggested otherwise bud. The Venezuela thing has nothing to do with lack of funds though....its all about toilet paper:

http://transitions.foreignpolicy.com...r_in_venezuela

Please read between the ply's

Posted via CB10
    cgk, lcjr, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-07-13 06:57 PM
    Regarding this numbers game, put me down for 2.5 million BB10 sales.
    09-07-13 07:04 PM
    Never suggested otherwise bud. The Venezuela thing has nothing to do with lack of funds though....its all about toilet paper:

This Is Why There Is No Toilet Paper in Venezuela | Transitions

Please read between the ply's

Posted via CB10
    No problem my friend, that's what this thread is for...to discuss things like this. I just started noticing people reaching for straws like we did last time...and took a loss. TH stated this would be another loss so im planning accordingly. I know BB will be back on top soon, but this ER is the opportunity for some with limited funds like myself to increase our shares. If I had the money some do here I'd just ride this out for a few years, but I don't so I can't. If I'm even half right, I can add 50-75 shares to my basket this way.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    09-07-13 07:05 PM
    I'm working till I'm 80...know why I know this? My bride said so! lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, sidhuk and bondary like this.
    09-07-13 07:13 PM
    The $100 dollar party will happen, but not as soon as we originally hoped for. We still have to get through this upcoming (negative) ER. We have no positive or confirmed news from BB and the last from THE was an expected loss. Not turning into a troll here, just a reality check. We are bouncing around the estimated value of the stock and are hoping for some increase based on what we think is an increase in users or corporate buy-in with BB10 devices. While I'm positive BB will come out of this negative perception, I'm concentrating on this ER first. I can't just leave my funds in BBRY for 3-5 years and hope things work out. Without any new news before the ER I'm going to sell on 26 Sep and wait for the drop. It will happen, just like last time. I support BBRY and will buy back in later when the SP levels out about $9. Just thinking out loud here and hope I didn't upset anyone, but I'm learning how this works and will take advantage of it.
    Funny how you mentioned perception. I just went to a wedding, and the table I sat with a few folks was talking about phones. None of knew about BlackBerry new phones like Z10 or Q10. I mentioned to them about the new phones and the feeling I got from them is really brand perceptions. Myself being more tech savvy and very interested in new technology gadgets follow the news. I really don't know what BBRY marketing is doing but something isn't getting through to the general audiences although that's only a small sample. I don't doubt the new phones are great device and pack with good features but BBRY need to bring something new to the table to capture the headline. While I agree that this will take time and will continue to invest in bbry. I do feel more and more that a good partnership is needed to create more marketing exposures. This do align with our discussions where BBRY is transforming itself to a software player. They should continue to make high end premium phones but licensing to other manufacturers to take care the mid and low end phone might not be a bad idea.

While there might be a little delay to the ultimate party, I strongly feel there is room and much needed third OS that is way more diversify than android or apple Os.

I'm in the same boat where I don't have tens and thousands of dollars sitting there to continue to grow my positions but if I'm thinking in the right directions where we should be able to leverage our plan via options and timing would be one of the key factor to generate extra funds to keep buying more as time progress.

Open to thoughts from all the smart folks on this board.
    09-07-13 07:21 PM
    If I can get out of the DoD and switch to another government agency I can keep this up for another 7 years and do another early retirement. If I continue to burn out with the DoD stress then I'm considering quitting and getting a regular civilian job until I can start my own business.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-07-13 07:23 PM
    I say we do a thread consortium and bring back the pet rock, or wall walkers or the slice-o-ramma...just alter the names a bit...pet crock, wall joggers, dice-o-ramma. lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, abouthsu and 1 others like this.
    09-07-13 07:30 PM

Not unreasonable really.

Posted via CB10
    This quarter? It's already known that the q10 is underselling the Z10

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:32 PM
    In the usa, I still have to see a bb10 phone in Walmart.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:34 PM
    When do we grab the pitchforks & re take our government? This NSA spying is outrageous...

The latest from Dier Spiegel, the NSA's smartphone capabilities, Android, IOS & BBRY:

Privacy Scandal: NSA Can Spy on Smart Phone Data - SPIEGEL ONLINE
    Man, you're just hearing about what's been going on for years. They already have everything on us. Google just got caught a few times doing what they've been doing for years now. Your Internet provider, phone company, and other public records institutions have been giving up your data for quite some time now.
    09-07-13 07:35 PM
113,256 ... 18681869187018711872 ...