View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Beware the quiet before the storm!
    Crap, bring it on man!! I'm looking forward to next week. I think there will be lots of action next week, if not from BB then from several of us on this thread.
    09-06-13 02:10 PM
    I usually get knock out at BEER-SIX so I'm working my way pass BEER-TWO LOL *i know, i'm a light weight* can't drink but I will smoke some BC bud as much as you would like. =P
    Just don't Bogart that joint my friend. :-)
    09-06-13 02:16 PM
    FWIW - BlackBerry is #3 in US according to the latest from comScore:

. (BBRY) fell from 5.1% to 4.3%, while Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) remained flat at 3%.
    What is interesting with these figures is that the much touted ComScore and the much derided gsstatcounter show an interesting difference. ComScore has BBRY at 4.3% market share whereas gsstat has BBRY at 3.4% market share for the same period.

The argument has been that gsstatcounter numbers were suspect and too generous with their figures regarding BBRY. It seems the opposite is the case.
    bungaboy, jxnb, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    09-06-13 02:22 PM
    I can't participate so long as I work for Uncle Sam. Maybe one day when I'm not or am retired I might give it a try. lol
    bungaboy, abouthsu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-06-13 02:25 PM
    What is interesting with these figures is that the much touted ComScore and the much derided gsstatcounter show an interesting difference. ComScore has BBRY at 4.3% market share whereas gsstat has BBRY at 3.4% market share for the same period.

The argument has been that gsstatcounter numbers were suspect and too generous with their figures regarding BBRY. It seems the opposite is the case.
    Not true. Statcounter measures web usage, and old generation BB's are notoriously poor platforms for browsing, so its no news that they are under represented on the web.
    09-06-13 02:26 PM
    I can't participate so long as I work for Uncle Sam. Maybe one day when I'm not or am retired I might give it a try. lol
    Well for those who can't smoke it . . . . . we have brownies. Can't be any rules saying you can't eat brownies. LoL :-)
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    09-06-13 02:32 PM
    HAHAHAH!!! thats why I use a pipe my friend.! whoever like to join me, free on the house.
    bungaboy, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    09-06-13 02:34 PM
    09-06-13 02:40 PM
    Who let the Trog out? :-)
    sidhuk, morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    09-06-13 02:40 PM
    I'm not the gate keeper this week. Better send out the.........

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-220px-trollhunter.jpg
    09-06-13 02:52 PM
    Crap, bring it on man!! I'm looking forward to next week. I think there will be lots of action next week, if not from BB then from several of us on this thread.
    You can count on me! I would not miss it!
    lcjr likes this.
    09-06-13 02:53 PM
    Maybe these guys just didn't get the Blackberry Investor Kit when they signed up???

Each kit includes:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kool-aid.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rose-glasses.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-magic-8-ball.jpg
    09-06-13 02:55 PM
    Holy late day sell off batman!!
    lcjr likes this.
    09-06-13 03:03 PM
    Short-sell hedge funds count cost as M&A picks up

Hedge funds circling the stock of vulnerable companies got an expensive wake-up call this week with Nokia's dramatic exit from commercial purgatory, prompting many to reassess their targets....

Device manufacturer Blackberry and telecom equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent are also heavily shorted, with 12.8 percent and 5.9 percent of their shares, respectively, out on loan, a proxy for short-selling, data from Markit showed.

"Shorting Blackberry might not be a good idea in that sense. Even if the fundamentals are deteriorating, there's a risk of a strategic move on the firm. It makes fund managers nervous."

Short-sell hedge funds count cost as M&A picks up | Reuters
    09-06-13 03:04 PM
    Without looking - it's Blair right? He's effectively written the same article three times and is the only person I've read over there who takes statcounter seriously.

If people think Statcounter is accurate - let's play a game - state now how many BB10 devices were sold last quarter - I'll save them and whoever is closest gets bragging rights when the ER comes out.

I'm going with 2.3 million.
    09-06-13 03:06 PM
    Well, we are into the 11's (TSX)... I'll take that for now... Next week bring on 12!
    09-06-13 03:09 PM
    ahh...thanks for clearing that up. At first I thought he was talking about 'smoking butts' - so confused...
    cjcampbell, lcjr, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-06-13 03:13 PM
    Without looking - it's Blair right? He's effectively written the same article three times and is the only person I've read over there who takes statcounter seriously.

If people think Statcounter is accurate - let's play a game - state now how many BB10 devices were sold last quarter - I'll save them and whoever is closest gets bragging rights when the ER comes out.

I'll raise you to 23 million
    09-06-13 03:14 PM
    I'll raise you to 23 million
    Anyone want to go higher, lower or stick on 23 million? remember if you get it right you could take home this lovely car.

In other amazon related news.
    BergerKing and rarsen like this.
    09-06-13 03:18 PM
    Anyone want to go higher, lower or stick on 23 million? remember if you get it right you could take home this lovely car.

In other amazon related news.
    I'll reassess and come in at 3.7. An even million more than last quarter.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-06-13 03:21 PM
    So you guys are thinking we'll have a break-even or better ER despite what TH hinted at?
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-06-13 03:24 PM
    So you guys are thinking we'll have a break-even or better ER despite what TH hinted at?
    Fingers crossed.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-06-13 03:33 PM

2.4 million and an EPS of -$0.10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-06-13 03:33 PM
    BBM Channels seems like the only thing BlackBerry is doing something on and being proactive. New beta today with private channels now available. Lots of new features as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:41 PM
    2.2 million for me.

Wait, are we playing by The Price Is Right rules?
    09-06-13 03:43 PM
113,256 ... 18621863186418651866 ...