View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good to see so many friendships come about from this thread, cheers.
    09-05-13 08:43 PM
    Agreed! This could have been the game changer... it would have overshadowed a lot of the past misteps, staggered lauch, and O/S bugs. It would have won over the naysayers, met enterprise needs and would have given them a real fighting chance out there.

Oh well! Hopefully we'll find out that they weren't even close to it afterall :P

That's it for me tonight, thanks for the conversation guys! Off to the couch to watch Wall Street for the first time, belileve it or not
    Nice. You will enjoy it. I actually watched it again just a couple of weeks ago.
    09-05-13 08:44 PM
    Yeah, not to get into conspiracy theories but people are wearing really thick blinders if they think ALL governments haven't had that technology for quite some time. Also blind are the people who don't believe Internet providers and cell phone companies don't already give information to the government. Just sayin....
    09-05-13 08:50 PM
    I guess someone has to bring it up...this is a great thread with a bunch of great people...if...IF BlackBerry disappears it would be a shame to lose touch. Seems to me a stock talk forum should be made....with other topics too (after hours).

What's the plan?

Posted via CB10
    Move the conversation to BBM channels perhaps? Actually, I don't think any kind of plan is needed. I think this thread will stay aliva and we'll whether folds, gets sold, or goes private. They just might need to change the thread title to "I support BBRY and I used to buy shares!". Lol!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    09-05-13 09:01 PM
    Move the conversation to BBM channels perhaps? Actually, I don't think any kind of plan is needed. I think this thread will stay aliva and we'll whether folds, gets sold, or goes private. They just might need to change the thread title to "I support BBRY and I used to buy shares!". Lol!

Yeah, but I believe the thought behind this is if BlackBerry goes away. Then there would be no BBM or any such communication means through that venue.

Edit:. That goes for CB Nation itself as well. Who would run CB when/if BlackBerry went away?? Not saying I think it will, but just a thought process.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 09:05 PM
    Totally, met so many great people and as much as I love BBRY to hit 100. I really would hate to lose touch with some of you.

I do have a domain that I used for email only and can setup a forum if need be. Hopefully its not needed but PM me if some of you would like that.
    I am hoping that BlackBerry is seeking deals to help them penetrate markets faster. If that is true, we will probably be around for a while yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:06 PM
    Possible names for this thread after BB gets sold...

I supported BB and I made BANKKKKKKK, BOOYAH.

I supported BB and I all I got was a t-shirt

I supported BB and I got trolled

Or we can just turn this into the Morgan Appreciation Thread.
    09-05-13 09:19 PM
    So I was just starting to watch a longer video on YouTube and it's has commercials placed at intervals. Wow. Guess they're trying to grow more add revenue.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:19 PM
    Sep. 05 2013, 7:34 PM EDT BlackBerry�s cloudy future hurts BB10 smartphone sales effort

�The uncertainty around BlackBerry has definitely affected the IT buyers in this situation,� said Mr. Rege, vice-president of strategy at MobileIron, a California-based seller of mobile equipment with thousands of corporate customers.

Some companies that had been slowly migrating from the once-popular smartphone have begun making a faster shift to rival devices, or even making contingency plans for life after BlackBerry.

It will be a few weeks before the company discloses its fiscal second-quarter results, but some are starting to bet that they will be awful.

This week, National Bank Financial�s Kris Thompson said he expects only three million of the new BlackBerry 10 devices were shipped in the quarter. Canaccord Genuity also cut its estimate, saying BB10 sales are �very weak.�

Link ---> BlackBerry�s cloudy future hurts BB10 smartphone sales effort Add to ...

Regards
    09-05-13 09:20 PM
    So I was just starting to watch a longer video on YouTube and it's has commercials placed at intervals. Wow. Guess they're trying to grow more add revenue.

Posted via CB10
    It's terrible, can't even watch a tv show for 10 straight minutes without 20 minutes of commercials.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 09:24 PM
    Hmmm, didn't the Canadian Gov't lend them a pile of money to purchase BlackBerry devices?
    That was Telefonica I believe.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:28 PM
    Because you like to make pee-pee in the water (as your avatar suggests), before casting your rod.

Sorry man, I was waiting for a moment where I could do that... High-5 bungaboy!
    I was staring out in the ocean pondering the mean of life there.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahajajajajaja. Dude I had to laugh out loud when Bacon Munchers posted that. Bungaboy missed it but I knew exactly what he was seeing. Hahahahahahahq. That's the pose I'd have too if I was drinking beer in the waves. Hahahaha. All in fun man.
    09-05-13 09:35 PM
    Yeah, but I believe the thought behind this is if BlackBerry goes away. Then there would be no BBM or any such communication means through that venue.

Edit:. That goes for CB Nation itself as well. Who would run CB when/if BlackBerry went away?? Not saying I think it will, but just a thought process.
    Interesting thought. Regardless if we saw the worst case scenario and BBRY "went away" there would still be a large enough group of BlackBerry users that the site could still cater to for a while at least. I recently read a post CB Kevin made on a thread assuring people that as long as there are people using BlackBerry phones and/or interested in BlackBerry news, he will hold the fort down. And he didn't say this but I imagine that he'd still be running the site even if there were no one using the phones or interested in the news because it's his passion so I for one know that CB isn't going anywhere

09-05-13 09:37 PM
    They raised a good point two nights ago in the CB podcast about what would be next after the Z30? Another device? More of the same reiterations with upgrades?

It is a valid question and given the discussion on here about new tech, I hope there certainly is something new, different and innovative that would get people excited about BlackBerry.

I believe that if BlackBerry survives or goes private, and if Mike L continues to have his ties with the company, maybe the hundred millions of dollars he's thrown into quantum computing in Waterloo will pay off with some sort of breakthrough technology?

Just an idea, a stretch?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    09-05-13 09:40 PM
    Yeah, not to get into conspiracy theories but people are wearing really thick blinders if they think ALL governments haven't had that technology for quite some time. Also blind are the people who don't believe Internet providers and cell phone companies don't already give information to the government. Just sayin....
    It is a sad statement of what we humans have become, IMO.
    zyben, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 09:41 PM

We could troll over at I more, Android Central and WP Nation. :-)
    lcjr, leafs123, cjcampbell and 8 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:43 PM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-resilient-empire/

I thought this article was really good.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    LoL I thought you were doing soundings. :-)

And I totally missed Bacon Munchers reference. I thought he was referring to the avatar peeing on Android and Apple icons.
    lcjr and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 09:47 PM
    Hahahahahajajajajaja. Dude I had to laugh out loud when Bacon Munchers posted that. Bungaboy missed it but I knew exactly what he was seeing. Hahahahahahahq. That's the pose I'd have too if I was drinking beer in the waves. Hahahaha. All in fun man.
    Yup. Way over my little head. :-)
    sidhuk and lcjr like this.
    09-05-13 09:48 PM
    They raised a good point two nights ago in the CB podcast about what would be next after the Z30? Another device? More of the same reiterations with upgrades?

It is a valid question and given the discussion on here about new tech, I hope there certainly is something new, different and innovative that would get people excited about BlackBerry.

I believe that if BlackBerry survives or goes private, and if Mike L continues to have his ties with the company, maybe the hundred millions of dollars he's thrown into quantum computing in Waterloo will pay off with some sort of breakthrough technology?

Just an idea, a stretch?

Posted via CB10
    Without ideas or dreams we don't advance. I hope your idea plays out.:thumbup:
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-05-13 09:51 PM
    Yup. Way over my little head. :-)
    Bad mental image, can we talk about rippers now?... lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:52 PM
    LoL, I thought the same every time I looked at that picture. Great mind thinks like.
    bungaboy, BergerKing, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:57 PM
    Bad mental image, can we talk about rippers now?... lol

Posted via CB10
    You mean pump action and lunging before contributing to ocean?
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 10:02 PM
    BlackBerry - The Resilient Empire - N4BB

I thought this article was really good.

Posted via CB10
    Holy cow that was an awesome article. That should be posted by WSJ tomorrow.
    Bilaal, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 10:03 PM
113,256 ... 18571858185918601861 ...