View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fight or flight my friend what ever my decision will be it will be executed the day before earnings. If you are going to hold no point in putting stop losses and if you cant take the chance of it dropping back down to 7-8's then sell now.

But let me say this upside is 25 a share down side is 7 a share
    Yeah, I know what I should do but it's hard to do and take a loss with the hopes of buying back in on the drop. Maybe sell half my shares before the ER....
    09-05-13 11:40 AM
    Yeah, I know what I should do but it's hard to do and take a loss with the hopes of buying back in on the drop. Maybe sell half my shares before the ER....
    I hear ya , I might sell maybe 33% of my position before earnings and either way earnings go buy back in. But the more and more i think about it i want to sell everything because the chances of bb blowing out earnings are very slim. And even if they do the SP wont pop like it will drop if the earnings are bad. I see maybe a 10 percent pop if they beat well and a 20 percent lose if they miss again
    lcjr likes this.
    09-05-13 11:45 AM
    Guys, I played this tune here already. But now, your blow : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-im-fan-846432
    09-05-13 11:53 AM
    The games begin!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-05-13 11:58 AM
    No-one posting about Lenovo?

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 40 cents, or 4%, at $10.61, following yesterday’s 1% rise despite some negative remarks from the Street in recent days and speculation yesterday that Microsoft‘s (MSFT) acquisition of Nokia‘s (NOK) handset business will make life harder for BlackBerry in the smartphone world. Last night, bulls received some vaguely encouraging words in the form of a Bloomberg article that stated Microsoft is “keeping an eye on BlackBerry.” This morning, there was a raft of mixed news. From the special situations desk at ISI Group this morning came a brief item suggesting a take-out by Lenovo Group (0992HK), which has been speculated about for some time now, could still happen.

Prem Watsa has stepped down from the board and made recent public comments recommitting his 9.89% stake ( Fairfax Financial Holdings) to a future “going private” proposal if one should materialize. “We view the R/R of a long position as favorable and would recommend purchase of shares at the current price of $10.40 with a +40% upside target.”While we think a deal would make more sense for a strategic buyer ( Lenovo, Microsoft or HTC) a financial sponsor could achieve a favorable IRR given the cash flow anticipated from the robust legacy base of enterprise and consumer subs.
    BBRY Up 4%: Lenovo Speculation, Sale Talk Trumps Estimate Cuts - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    09-05-13 12:07 PM
    I was but I guess I could switch to the bell now.
    Doesn't count if you're by yourself! Unless it's a cowbell.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and bondary like this.
    09-05-13 12:08 PM
    Doesn't count if you're by yourself! Unless it's a cowbell.
    Oh it counts in my books...lol
    Randeman, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 12:10 PM
    Ok, over my head... I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Edit: regarding Superfly_FR and Bungaboy's post. I understand what CJ and Randeman are UP to. haha.
    09-05-13 12:11 PM
    Gesig you are a day late with that news...someone posted yesterday
    09-05-13 12:15 PM
    Ok, over my head... I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Edit: regarding Superfly_FR and Bungaboy's post. I understand what CJ and Randeman are UP to. haha.
    The funny thing is : even after your edit, I still have no idea too !
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 12:26 PM
    Question for those who have used stops before: If the drop in SP is rapid and goes below your stop which is triggered, do you get the sell price your stop was set at or do you you get the market value at the time the sell catches up with what's going on? Example: The current SP is at $11 and you set a stop at $10. The SP rapidly falls to $9 which triggers your stop. What sell price do you get? Do you get the $10 or the $9?
    You get the market Value @ the time sell catches up, BUT you have to put a limit too ---->

EX. You put a stop @ $9 You must ADD till which price you are willing to sell... So you put a Stop @ $9 and accept that it can be sold till $8.

If the market overnight Open @ 8.25 you oreder will be excuted @ the best price at this time over $8.00
    If the market Open Under $8.00 let's say $7.50 you order will never be processed since you put a limit @ 8.00 & the price is under.

Tha'ts why we call it also STOP LIMIT PRICE.

Good Luck
    09-05-13 12:26 PM
    My daughter just went back to work at Treasury Board (Canada) after 2 year leave of absence to do her masters.
    First thing they gave her when she got back was a new phone. It was a BlackBerry....
    Bold 9900. Darn! I told her to give it back and ask for a Z10 instead.
    09-05-13 12:50 PM
    The funny thing is : even after your edit, I still have no idea too !
    SuperFly. I could draw you a picture, but, I think Berger would remove it as fast as I could draw it.

Edit: All will be revealed/explained at the $100 party!
    09-05-13 01:04 PM
    This ER/Strategic Options thing is so stressful
    Korepab likes this.
    09-05-13 01:09 PM
    This ER/Strategic Options thing is so stressful
    flip a coin: head or tails
    09-05-13 01:12 PM
    flip a coin: head or tails
    Well that depends on if the front door is locked.....
    Randeman, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 01:14 PM
    just a matter of who owns the front door
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 01:22 PM
    Maybe Thor and the BoD are suffering from the same thing that we sometimes do... the overwhelming need to "do something" when what they really need to do is have some patients and let the plan play out.

Damn I wish I could see what was going on in the boardroom. I would even give up my right to trade in Blackberry for 6 months and sign a NDA.
    09-05-13 01:22 PM
    Reminds me of Zeppelin's song Whole Lotta Love....back door man.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 01:26 PM
    A little OT but has anyone heard of Himax Technologies or have a position in them?
    09-05-13 01:27 PM
    A little OT but has anyone heard of Himax Technologies or have a position in them?
    No but they're having one hell of a run.
    09-05-13 01:30 PM
    Maybe Thor and the BoD are suffering from the same thing that we sometimes do... the overwhelming need to "do something" when what they really need to do is have some patients and let the plan play out.

Damn I wish I could see what was going on in the boardroom. I would even give up my right to trade in Blackberry for 6 months and sign a NDA.
    I agree to a point but something needs to be said. Everything is in limbo and has a domino effect on sales, brand and belief on whether the company will be here for the long term.
    09-05-13 01:32 PM
    So... I get the impression that most people here only invest in (or are heavily weighted toward) tech stocks. True?
    09-05-13 01:32 PM
    No but they're having one hell of a run.
    Yep it is. Apparently Google acquired ~7% of the company with the option to double that. They're making liquid crystal on silicon chips (LCOS), which are used in the production of wearable computing such as Google Glass.

If wearable takes off...
    09-05-13 01:33 PM
    So... I get the impression that most people here only invest in (or are heavily weighted toward) tech stocks. True?
    I know others are spread out in different industries but tech stocks are mostly what I know and understand at this point in my life (I'm 26). They're volatile and would definitely would want to diversify my portfolio and knowledge.
    Bugmapper, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 01:35 PM
113,256 ... 18521853185418551856 ...