View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hence why many of us (including me) would like a partnership or some announcement before the ER!
    Don't forget that a loss doesn't mean a drop in share price. It all depends on what the streets expectations are.
    09-05-13 10:19 AM
    Europe StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    North america StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    Both show over 5%. The latest gossip is that BB10 is doing ok and will do fine after the plan is implemented. People in the management wants to rob the shareholder by selling it.
    Well, I don't know about that, but I certainly don't want any part of the company sold. I was fine with the turnaround plan the way it was. Just more incentives and advertising and time. Dropping the BES subscription price was great. Release Z30 and 10.2 and X-BBM and do a little advertising blitz and I am happy as a shareholder.

I mean... government sales haven't even started yet. Geeze.

Oh well.
    09-05-13 10:19 AM
    Any chance we see venezuela money from last Q be reported on this ER
    I'm not sure but even if it is there, the added revenue would be discounted by the media as not really doing as well even though they didn't take that stance with the last ER and just went with the overall loss.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 10:21 AM
    Hence why many of us (including me) would like a partnership or some announcement before the ER!
    I totally agree if earnings are going to be bad they need to announce something. Beside BBM going cross platform and 10.2 released. They need to at least release who they have be in talks with.
    09-05-13 10:24 AM
    I'm not sure but even if it is there, the added revenue would be discounted by the media as not really doing as well even though they didn't take that stance with the last ER and just went with the overall loss.
    I have feeling your right and the media will try to do a double standard spin with that but at the end of the day 0.00ER looks a hell of alot better then -.10ER
    09-05-13 10:25 AM
    Well, I don't know about that, but I certainly don't want any part of the company sold. I was fine with the turnaround plan the way it was. Just more incentives and advertising and time. Dropping the BES subscription price was great. Release Z30 and 10.2 and X-BBM and do a little advertising blitz and I am happy as a shareholder.

I mean... government sales haven't even started yet. Geeze.

Oh well.
    I am on the same page.
    However, if the results show slight positive movement along with xbbm the short interest will be going down and share price will stabilized.
    09-05-13 10:26 AM
    Looks like $11.10 is the resistance!
    09-05-13 10:31 AM
    TH stated they expect another negative ER... FYI. Unlike last time, media, analysts, and us should have low expectations.
    Agreed, but how do you balance that information with the current situation? Difficult to make a rational decision for sure. The easy way is to hold and hope for the best while going through another drop towards the bottom and another recovery, but many aren't ready for that again. The hard way is to make a decision and pull the trigger knowing a surprise at ER could cause a short squeeze or sudden news of a buyout at $20 a share. We'll see......
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-05-13 10:34 AM
    I think we were trading outside the Bollinger Bands for a while. We may have to wait a bit for the bands to widen so we can move up. IMHO
    09-05-13 10:35 AM
    Floating above around for a while now
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    09-05-13 10:38 AM
    I am on the same page.
    However, if the results show slight positive movement along with xbbm the short interest will be going down and share price will stabilized.
    The key number i will be looking at is total phones sold and more importantly bb10 devices sold. If both those number increase I will be ok
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-05-13 10:39 AM
    I think we were trading outside the Bollinger Bands for a while. We may have to wait a bit for the bands to widen so we can move up. IMHO
    Surely the Bollinger bands, which is just a moving average, describes but does not control the stock. The stock will move where it will depending on the news, and eventually the moving average will catch up?
    09-05-13 10:47 AM
    Surely the Bollinger bands, which is just a moving average, describes but does not control the stock. The stock will move where it will depending on the news, and eventually the moving average will catch up?
    We will not be getting into this line of debate again. There is another thread for that.
    09-05-13 10:50 AM
    The key number i will be looking at is total phones sold and more importantly bb10 devices sold. If both those number increase I will be ok
    My plan right now is to hold what I have but set a stop before the ER.
    Chris2J likes this.
    09-05-13 10:55 AM
    My plan right now is to hold what I have but set a stop before the ER.
    My Plan is to see the end of this Movie. It is too bad to be true.
    09-05-13 11:07 AM
    We will not be getting into this line of debate again. There is another thread for that.
    CJ, you banging anything right now? Seem to be slowing down.
    09-05-13 11:15 AM
    My Plan is to see the end of this Movie. It is too bad to be true.
    Ditto, planning to finish the movie where I started.
    lcjr, Randeman, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-05-13 11:17 AM
    Question for those who have used stops before: If the drop in SP is rapid and goes below your stop which is triggered, do you get the sell price your stop was set at or do you you get the market value at the time the sell catches up with what's going on? Example: The current SP is at $11 and you set a stop at $10. The SP rapidly falls to $9 which triggers your stop. What sell price do you get? Do you get the $10 or the $9?
    09-05-13 11:18 AM
    Except they would be in conflict of interest with all the other manufacturers such as apple, samsung, sony etc.

Other manufacturers would suspect the telco of favouring Blackberry, and the telco would find it difficult not to promote their own brand of phone over the others.
    They could own it for different reasons. Like providing Real Time updates to computers in cars and other M2M devices. Remember their OTA software management can handle millions of cars since the announcement about a month ago.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-05-13 11:20 AM
    CJ, you banging anything right now? Seem to be slowing down.
    I was but I guess I could switch to the bell now.
    lcjr, bungaboy, StormieTwo and 6 others like this.
    09-05-13 11:22 AM
    Question for those who have used stops before: If the drop in SP is rapid and goes below your stop which is triggered, do you get the sell price your stop was set at or do you you get the market value at the time the sell catches up with what's going on? Example: The current SP is at $11 and you set a stop at $10. The SP rapidly falls to $9 which triggers your stop. What sell price do you get? Do you get the $10 or the $9?
    Anything between 9 and 10. Depends on how fast it drops.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 11:24 AM
    depends on the type of stop you set.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-05-13 11:28 AM
    Anything between 9 and 10. Depends on how fast it drops.

Posted via CB10
    if it was anything like last qtr in Premarket you will be smoked. Stop loss would help you there
    nquyen likes this.
    09-05-13 11:28 AM
    if it was anything like last qtr in Premarket you will be smoked. Stop loss would help you there
    That's what I'm affraid of. My options on my brokerage account have stop and stop limit. Neither will help much if the SP falls rapidly and well past your stop. Hmmmmm.
    silversun10 and nquyen like this.
    09-05-13 11:33 AM
    That's what I'm affraid of. My options on my brokerage account have stop and stop limit. Neither will help much if the SP falls rapidly and well past your stop. Hmmmmm.
    Fight or flight my friend what ever my decision will be it will be executed the day before earnings. If you are going to hold no point in putting stop losses and if you cant take the chance of it dropping back down to 7-8's then sell now.

But let me say this upside is 25 a share down side is 7 a share
    lcjr likes this.
    09-05-13 11:37 AM
113,250 ... 18511852185318541855 ...