View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hello all,

I decided to skip the middle man and go to the source. Here is what I was able to get, for what it's worth...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-th.jpg

***This is not a real conversation***FAKE
    Last edited by jfguay2; 09-05-13 at 09:42 AM.
    Bugmapper, sidhuk, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:30 AM
    I never suggested selling lol. I hear ya , ive been in this way to long to sell now. All we can do it hold on and hope for the best. Im just a little scared for ER , last ER I lost a down payment on a house soo id be happy with a break even quarter. I know statcounter cant be trusted but the numbers are interesting to say the least.
    I know exactly what you mean brother. We have a few days before the ER so anything can happen. With no news there's only rumors and speculation and that's nothing to let sway our decisions. A few days before the ER I'll be all up to date on all the latest news and forecasts and that will help me decide what to do before the ER (without confirmed news that is). For right now I'm just holding what I have.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 09:30 AM
    Hey man! I hope you're employment opportunities work out for you. The only recommendation I could add is that there's to many uncertainties with BBRY right now. We could stay where we are and then drop on ER or we coulp pop and go up higher. Maybe waiting a bit until the smoke clears a bit? Maybe setting stops to keep from taking losses? Unless you need the money out of your account right away you may want to hold off and set stops at your comfort level.
    "Manage the risk": probably an even better approach. Should have thought about it ...
    Oops, me no trader, me no reflex ! lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 09:31 AM
    Floowing BK's advise on ignore list and adding some more. Havnt seen him much in last couple of days. Last i heard he eneded up swaping his truck after dealing with some virgin IDs.
    Nothing surprises me on the daily blackberry stock price. Almost every day i have to go back to my mental notes and remind my self why i invested in this stock and that was based on achieving 5% of the global market share. Sale or no sale, IMO 5% is achievable by middle of 2014.
    09-05-13 09:32 AM
    Hello all,
    I decided to skip the middle man and go to the source. Here is what I was able to get, for what it's worth...
    Hey JF, welcome aboard (edited, wanted to respond fast, sorry for that)

You missed the top right of your mockup and there's something wrong with message status.
    Please advise it's a fake is or take it away. Thanks.
    09-05-13 09:34 AM
    You missed the top right of your mockup and there's something wrong with message status.
    DARN! You guys are good! I thought I had it perfect!! How could it possibly be true anyhow...!
    09-05-13 09:39 AM
    Hello all,

I just hope Thorsten realizes that if he breaks up Blackberry and makes it completely unrecognizable, he will be hated in Canada more than Malcolm MacDowell is for killing Captain Kirk!
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 09-05-13 at 09:51 AM.
    jfguay2, lcjr, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:39 AM
    Hey JF, welcome aboard (edited, wanted to respond fast, sorry for that)

You didn't really think it was real, did you?
    09-05-13 09:40 AM
    Any sensible employee is updating their CV and trying to make sure they have some options in place. It's the only rationale move for an employee.
    "Only"?

How about providing value that they cannot afford to lose?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:42 AM
    You didn't really think it was real, did you?
    You know how stupid google search is, don't you ?
    (could you remove it from the quote, also, please ?)
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-05-13 09:43 AM
    I just hope Thorsten realizes that if he breaks up Blackberry and makes it completely unrecognizable, he will be hated in Canada more than Malcolm MacDowell is for killing Captain Kirk!
    LoL, not sure if canadian citizenship revoking law would apply? Lufthansa is a good airline?
    Not really. It is business and most people realize that. It did make me smile.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 09:49 AM
    It's running higher again...
    09-05-13 09:52 AM
    I know exactly what you mean brother. We have a few days before the ER so anything can happen. With no news there's only rumors and speculation and that's nothing to let sway our decisions. A few days before the ER I'll be all up to date on all the latest news and forecasts and that will help me decide what to do before the ER (without confirmed news that is). For right now I'm just holding what I have.
    I just hope we get some kind of new before earnings. Because if they keep quiet yet again and earnings are bad and let the share price drop again like last time. I think the BoD will need bodyguards to protect them from investors.
    Kid Vibe and lcjr like this.
    09-05-13 09:54 AM
    I just hope we get some kind of new before earnings. Because if they keep quiet yet again and earnings are bad and let the share price drop again like last time. I think the BoD will need bodyguards to protect them from investors.
    TH stated they expect another negative ER... FYI. Unlike last time, media, analysts, and us should have low expectations.
    Compaqee, sidhuk, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-05-13 09:55 AM
    Article from the "guy from Greece"
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1675...tfolioapp_copy
    "The bottom line is that this company does not have a problem. Smartphone sales will keep increasing (over one billion this year) and no matter what, BlackBerry will get its share. Also, BlackBerry does need to be number one in the space. It could make good money being number four in the space, as long as it concentrates on the enterprise customer, something that current management has managed to alienate, by creating uncertainty about the company."
    09-05-13 09:56 AM
    And there lies the mistake that BlackBerry's current management has made. Beside the many marketing blunders, they have created uncertainty at a critical time when the company was in the middle of a major transition, by opening a discussion about the future the company and creating anxiety about the company's future in the marketplace, where there was none before.

And personally speaking, if I were on the BlackBerry board, I would want to have Thorsten Heins' head for this, because the handling of this transition has been nothing less than amateurish.

I mean it's as if the company was put up for sale just so the executive team can get their golden parachutes. I could understand Thorsten Heins getting a performance bonus if the company were to be sold at $30 a share, but why should he get anything if all of a sudden a buyer comes in at $10 a share?
    He's not best pleased...
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-05-13 09:59 AM
    i'm not sure if this is even possible but wouldn't it be kind of cool for a large Telco to pick up Blackberry? they would essentially own an end to end business.
    09-05-13 10:00 AM
    i'm not sure if this is even possible but wouldn't it be kind of cool for a large Telco to pick up Blackberry? they would essentially own an end to end business.
    Vodafone can. They'll have $130B cash soon from Verizon.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 10:03 AM
    TH stated they expect another negative ER... FYI. Unlike last time, media, analysts, and us should have low expectations.
    TH said break even did he not?
    09-05-13 10:06 AM
    TH said break even did he not?
    No... that was for the last Q. This one is forecast for a loss.
    09-05-13 10:09 AM
    Europe http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_ve...5-20130905-bar
    North america http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_ve...4-20130904-bar
    Both show over 5%. The latest gossip is that BB10 is doing ok and will do fine after the plan is implemented. People in the management wants to rob the shareholder by selling it.
    09-05-13 10:11 AM
    Hence why many of us (including me) would like a partnership or some announcement before the ER!
    Randeman and nquyen like this.
    09-05-13 10:11 AM
    Any chance we see venezuela money from last Q be reported on this ER
    w4rrior likes this.
    09-05-13 10:12 AM
    Except they would be in conflict of interest with all the other manufacturers such as apple, samsung, sony etc.

Other manufacturers would suspect the telco of favouring Blackberry, and the telco would find it difficult not to promote their own brand of phone over the others.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 10:13 AM
    Except they would be in conflict of interest with all the other manufacturers such as apple, samsung, sony etc.

Other manufacturers would suspect the telco of favouring Blackberry, and the telco would find it difficult not to promote their own brand of phone over the others.
    I agree but at the same times, apple and samsung fighting each other while doing business with each other.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 10:16 AM
113,251 ... 18501851185218531854 ...