View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It must be a tough time to be a BlackBerry employee right now. As much as I like the stock moving up.
    Superfly_FR and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 08:39 AM
    It must be a tough time to be a BlackBerry employee right now. As much as I like the stock moving up.
    I think that you're correct. But probably not a 'must' if employees received direction assurances from the top.
    09-05-13 08:43 AM
    This will be played today. Many will take short term profits IMO.
    Debatable. There should be an announcement about BBMX sometime in the next 2 weeks. I'm expecting 10.2 should also drop around the same time. Then there's the ER. While consumer sales may have been lagging, I have my doubts that enterprise sales went the same way.

BBRY benefits from appearing weak at the moment. It makes other companies examine their technology more completely to determine potential growth possibilities. But that entire situation could pivot very easily. Companies could realize that to reinvent hardware implementations of the secure communication protocols BBRY has in it's patent portfolio would cost billions and take years. Then BBRY releases strong enterprise sales numbers at the ER, just like last year. They squeeze the shorts prior to closing the negotiations, putting themselves in a better bargaining position.

At least, that's what I'd do.
    09-05-13 08:45 AM
    Good morning gang! Man, having morning coffee and seeing all this GREEN brings back great memories. Let's enjoy this while it lasts and hope it lasts a lot longer than many people expect. Have a great day everyone!
    09-05-13 08:45 AM
    Hot dang! My other two stocks are in the GREEN as well. Ah, this is a good day.
    09-05-13 08:47 AM
    It brings tears to my eyes seeing display of sympathy/empathy by some of the concerned members of this thread. They care about blackberry share holders loosing money so they advise every one that not to put money in to blackberry. At the same times, they are also worry about blackberry employees for fear of loosing their jobs. What a wonderful world. And they keep worrying 24/7 not knowing that they can develop internal Piles. And that my friend gotta hurt. Just sayin.
    09-05-13 08:52 AM
    Hot dang! My other two stocks are in the GREEN as well. Ah, this is a good day.
    AMD finally back up!
    lcjr and abouthsu like this.
    09-05-13 08:52 AM
    Hi Gang,

I've been long since this time last year. Currently in the black, but here is my problem. I'm overweight on this stock and I've just been asked to seek "alternate employment opportunities". Yesterday I went out and bought a Z10 (the company owned my old curve).

So do I "Keep Calm, and Carry Long", or "take my profit and call it a day", or reduce my weight?

I know, its my decision. just looking for some alternatives before I pull the trigger.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-05-13 08:57 AM
    AMD finally back up!
    Yep, but I'm not really concerned about them until the holiday season starts. But it is good to see it going up. My other is SIRI, also doing well. I want to put more into BBRY, but I'll wait and see what's happening, as I'm not good enough to predict the outcome of the current possibilities. I'm holding what I have in BBRY.
    leafs123 likes this.
    09-05-13 08:58 AM
    And something that's not a rumour....

BlackBerry Joins FIDO Alliance and Board; Seeks Secure, Universal Authentication for Mobile Platform and Device Users

The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with the first standards-based specifications, today announced that BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) has joined the Alliance and been appointed to the Board of Directors.

Details here...

BlackBerry Joins FIDO Alliance and Board; Seeks Secure, Universal Authentication for Mobile Platform and Device Users
    And then we start to count, quietly.
    ONE.
    09-05-13 09:00 AM
    09-05-13 09:01 AM
    It brings tears to my eyes seeing display of sympathy/empathy by some of the concerned members of this thread. They care about blackberry share holders loosing money so they advise every one that not to put money in to blackberry. At the same times, they are also worry about blackberry employees for fear of loosing their jobs. What a wonderful world. And they keep worrying 24/7 not knowing that they can develop internal Piles. And that my friend gotta hurt. Just sayin.
    It's class acts like you that bring the naysayers here. Jus' sayin.
    09-05-13 09:01 AM
    Good morning gang! Man, having morning coffee and seeing all this GREEN brings back great memories. Let's enjoy this while it lasts and hope it lasts a lot longer than many people expect. Have a great day everyone!
    What a joke this is , We will close red. A rumour followed by a huge pump then drops like a stone. What a pump and dump story this has been for the past year.
    09-05-13 09:02 AM
    3 words for today......expect.more.trolling!
    09-05-13 09:08 AM
    I think that you're correct. But probably not a 'must' if employees received direction assurances from the top.

Good lord, what do you think "direction assurances" are worth? Absolutely nothing - that is true for any corp not simply BBRY. Any sensible employee is updating their CV and trying to make sure they have some options in place. It's the only rationale move for an employee.

Let me give you a practical example - when HP killed off WebOS, the VP in charge of the Unit didn't know and the staff found out via a press release at the same time as the rest of the world.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-05-13 09:09 AM
    WTF stock price

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    09-05-13 09:13 AM
    What a joke this is , We will close red. A rumour followed by a huge pump then drops like a stone. What a pump and dump story this has been for the past year.
    Unfortunately, it is what it is. I don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it. So . . . . . as one fine gentleman says it . . . "Keep Calm and Berry on"
    09-05-13 09:14 AM
    Hi Gang,

I've been long since this time last year. Currently in the black, but here is my problem. I'm overweight on this stock and I've just been asked to seek "alternate employment opportunities". Yesterday I went out and bought a Z10 (the company owned my old curve).

So do I "Keep Calm, and Carry Long", or "take my profit and call it a day", or reduce my weight?

I know, its my decision. just looking for some alternatives before I pull the trigger.

"Daddy advice
    "
    If your situation for the next few months deserve some financial support; start from here.
    If you can expect positive returns by selling in the current range, take whatever you need to prevent borrowing at high rate.
    I believe that's the calculation ("how much do I need in the worst case") I'll make.
    Nothing to do with trading though, just a safe behavior. If you win as "few" than 10%, you made a fair operation (5X a bearing account, at least).
    You may hate me if stock rockets, but while you asked ...

Hope you'll find "alternate employment alternative" very fast.
    09-05-13 09:15 AM
    3 words for today......expect.more.trolling!
    Im not even trolling I actually own shares in BB since Nov but it has been painful to watch this over the past year. BB talks when they shouldnt and dont talk when they should. Letting these rumour mills control their stock price is getting a bit old.
    09-05-13 09:16 AM
    Thanks Jake! I'll sell all my shares right away! Just kidding. Roll with it man, we'll have news soon enough.
    bungaboy, Compaqee and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 09:17 AM
    Hey Jake, welcome to this thread !
    So far, so good and the only news we have today is positive (see above - FIDO).
    Could you elaborate why the stock should drop like a stone ?
    So far, we bottomed $10.89 and are gently sitting in the $11 area after 1.5 Hour.

Anything you know we don't ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    09-05-13 09:22 AM
    Thanks Jake! I'll sell all my shares right away! Just kidding. Roll with it man, we'll have news soon enough.
    I never suggested selling lol. I hear ya , ive been in this way to long to sell now. All we can do it hold on and hope for the best. Im just a little scared for ER , last ER I lost a down payment on a house soo id be happy with a break even quarter. I know statcounter cant be trusted but the numbers are interesting to say the least.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 09:22 AM
    Hey Jake, welcome to this thread !
    So far, so good and the only news we have today is positive (see above - FIDO).
    Could you elaborate why the stock should drop like a stone ?
    So far, we bottomed $10.89 and are gently sitting in the $11 area.
    Anything you know we don't ?
    Thanks , good to be here

When I said drop like a stone I meant in day trading range is huge. Just making comments on the pump and dump theme that has been happening since last ER
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 09:24 AM
    Hi Gang,

Hey man! I hope you're employment opportunities work out for you. The only recommendation I could add is that there's to many uncertainties with BBRY right now. We could stay where we are and then drop on ER or we coulp pop and go up higher. Maybe waiting a bit until the smoke clears a bit? Maybe setting stops to keep from taking losses? Unless you need the money out of your account right away you may want to hold off and set stops at your comfort level.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks , good to be here
    When I said drop like a stone I meant in day trading range is huge. Just making comments on the pump and dump theme that has been happening since last ER
    #haha, I knew this had to be precised. Be carefull, and don't take it personally, we have some new guests that are pretty disgraceful with "our" support of the stock, just wanted to avoid a "bad foot" start

We don't know yet what will happen shortly, that's the pain of day trading (I gracefully leave to others !). Stay tuned, if something pops, you'll read it here right away

Cheers
    SF
    sidhuk, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    09-05-13 09:29 AM
113,256 ... 18491850185118521853 ...