View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There are many here who "used" to post here that still own stock but choose to no longer participate here. When is make you sick to your stomach, can you blame them?
    Many seem to have cut their losses and sworn never to touch this stock again.
    Wasn't sure, so asked.
    Wish you all the best!
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-05-13 07:09 AM
    Did M+8 say $11.10 was a resistance level sometime ago (maybe 2 days ago)? The premarket appears to be circling this price point.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-05-13 07:14 AM
    It might look like that, but I get the feeling it's a flanking maneuver.
    Do elaborate. Flanking?
    09-05-13 07:15 AM
    Lame. He said in his snippet earlier that he contacted BlackBerry and stay tuned. Well he did contact them and guess what their response was.... they will not comment on the story. Same as always. Don't comment on rumours.

Posted via CB10
    LoL, blackberry also believe in Ignore List. I tell you, best thing invented since gold tooth.
    09-05-13 07:15 AM
    Wasn't sure, so asked.
    Wish you all the best!
    Time to burn this ID babe.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 07:23 AM
    Wow! 600k plus premarket trades.
    09-05-13 07:38 AM
    A two faced troll to me is someone who is socially unaccepted and need to feel he/she belongs to something or somewhere by pretending to be a big shot or act like they have something to offer when it's nothing but garbage coming out.

Man, one of the worse morning I have to wake up to, thinking about a two faced troll. Thankfully the SP is acting nice.

Good morning boys, GL to you all.
    09-05-13 07:43 AM
    Downgrade from Cormark from Buy to Speculative Buy. $13.50 SP target.

Cormark Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Speculative Buy
    09-05-13 07:44 AM
    Downgrade from Cormark from Buy to Speculative Buy. $13.50 SP target.

Cormark Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Speculative Buy
    Well even with the downgrade, his target is still a good gain from the current position.
    bungaboy, leafs123, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 07:47 AM
    Do elaborate. Flanking?
    Pretty much anything BBRY does now that provides a positive valuation to their stock could trigger a squeeze.

With CPP buying up shares of properties leased to Samsung, I get the feeling there are negotiations going on in the background.

A partnership between Samsung and BBRY makes the most sense in the long term. They've realized that Tizen probably won't fly due to ecosystem issues. BBRY's ecosystem has demonstrated growth potential, and the ability to emulate Android (And iOS) apps is a definite plus. Samsung already uses the QNX OS in a number of their products, so this next generation just opens up new doors.

With M2M communications relying heavily on security, Samsung has to know that Android just won't cut it long term. If they want to start rolling out secure appliances and devices, they'll need to link up with BBRY.

All the recent rumors about a potential sale or partnership are probably tied to the current negotiations. If word leaked that Samsung was considering licensing BB10 on a per device basis, the stock would likely skyrocket and give BlackBerry much firmer ground to negotiate from.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    09-05-13 07:50 AM
    Did M+8 say $11.10 was a resistance level sometime ago (maybe 2 days ago)? The premarket appears to be circling this price point.
    Seems like it. Hit $11.08 twice.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-05-13 07:53 AM
    Some overnight mkt news, unfort no links since its off Bloomberg Term

BlackBerry Joins FIDO Alliance and Board; Seeks Secure, Universal Authentication for Mobile Platform and Device Users

Sep. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Blackberry Ltd (BB CN) was downgraded to "Speculative Buy" from "Buy" at Cormark Securities by equity analyst Richard Tse. The 12-month target price is $13.50 per share.
    09-05-13 08:01 AM
    Seems like it. Hit $11.08 twice.
    It does seem to be hovering around the 11 mark.

I'm just concerned about the ER. I feel like share prices might take a huge hit.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:03 AM
    Survey shows weak BlackBerry sales but sale report drives stock higher

By Jonathan Ratner
    Sept. 5 (National Post) -- BlackBerry Ltd. rose in pre- market trading on Thursday on a report suggesting the Waterloo, Ontario-based company wants to conclude its auction process as soon as November.
    The smartphone maker's shares climbed 3% to US$11.07 at 7:45 a.m. ET after the Wall Street Journal(BlackBerry Seeks a Sale by November - WSJ.com ) said BlackBerry has cut down its list of potential buyers for a sale process that is likely to start shortly.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Geoff RobinsSales still underwhelming.

The company may be more motivated to sell now that Microsoft Corp. is acquiring Nokia Corp.'s handset business for US$7-billion. Canaccord Genuity's global surveys point to very weak sales for BlackBerry's Z10, Q10 and Q5 devices, as well as sharply declining legacy BB7 sales. The August surveys also indicate gradually improving Windows Phone 8 smartphone sales due to strong sales of the Lumia 520 and other mid-low-tier Lumia smartphones.

Canaccord analyst T. Michael Walkley told clients that the timing makes sense for Microsoft to purchase Nokia's devices and services business in order to fund stronger long-term growth trends.

Related BlackBerry sale may be completed by November, report says(BlackBerry sale may be completed by November, report says | Financial Post )

Why the Microsoft-Nokia deal is not great news for BlackBerry(Why the Microsoft-Nokia deal is not great news for BlackBerry | Financial Post )

"We believe Microsoft has recently worked more in concert with Nokia to drive sales, as evidenced by Microsoft's advertising campaign highlighting the Lumia smartphones and features, and the Nokia 1020 is a top 3 selling smartphone at AT&T," he said.
    The survey results also prompted Mr. Walkley to lower his BlackBerry sales forecasts for fiscal 2014 and 2015. "We believe the special committee formed by BlackBerry's board to explore strategic alternatives such as joint ventures, strategic partnerships, or a sale of BlackBerry is consistent with our belief BlackBerry will ultimately end up selling the company due to the difficult competitive smartphone market and low probability BlackBerry 10 can return BlackBerry to sustained profitability," the analyst said.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-05-13 08:03 AM
    It does seem to be hovering around the 11 mark.

I'm just concerned about the ER. I feel like share prices might take a huge hit.

Posted via CB10
    That's my concern as well. We'll see how the next few weeks play out on rumours leading up to the ER.
    09-05-13 08:13 AM
    Pushing through resistance now.

I think they've got the next stage of the rocket ready to launch.
    09-05-13 08:22 AM
    I would love it if BlackBerry got some good bids going at or way above the 52 wk high and made the offers public. Stock rockets and mikhou gets crushed.

Then Prem announces he will not accept that offer. But now we have some good valuations of what the company is worth and the stock represents it.

Posted via CB10
    Prem isn't on the BoD anymore. All he gets now is 10% of the shareholder vote. OK, 9.9%.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:26 AM
    Can anyone explain what kind of statagy is in play when Blackberry says it is trying to sell by November?
    My guess is to limit some elements of uncertainty. But I don't think BB ever said they are trying to 'sell' by November.
    In any case, intentional or not, having this shadow hanging behind the neck of shorts might spook some to cover.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-05-13 08:26 AM
    Boom.

Opens at 11.25 and running. (Well, opened at 11.15, but jumped to 11.25 right away.)

Testing that gap now.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-13 08:30 AM
    My guess is to limit some elements of uncertainty. But I don't think BB ever said they are trying to 'sell' by November.
    In any case, intentional or not, having this shadow hanging behind the neck of shorts might spook some to cover.
    Ack! The use of that word brings back horrible memories . . . . LoL
    m0de25, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 08:32 AM
    Boom.

Opens at 11.25 and running. (Well, opened at 11.15, but jumped to 11.25 right away.)

Testing that gap now.
    This will be played today. Many will take short term profits IMO.
    sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-05-13 08:35 AM
    I have been in for near two weeks.
    Honest curiosity, are you in long or short?
    You closed your long positions after the previous ER taking about $10K hit.
    I am confuse when you said that you came back in almost two weeks ago and is losing too much to close (as you claimed), but it had been pretty flat during this time period.
    Am I misunderstanding something?

Anyway, good luck to you - long or short.
    09-05-13 08:35 AM
    Wasn't sure, so asked.
    Wish you all the best!
    I'm still around =).
    09-05-13 08:36 AM
    my guess will be that the shorts will try and tame this thing back in full force today.
    This has been one epic battle and will be to the finish.
    09-05-13 08:36 AM
    I believe we all need to be a little sceptical here, the Wall Street Enquirer is the only media pumping this vague story, the company is calling it a rumour and we should leave it at that. No one else is promoting the story which is really only stating that BlackBerry is in talks with other companies about doing a deal. We know they are in talks with other companies and the Wall Street Enquirer isn't adding anything worthwhile to that known information. They can always say, "talks failed to produce anything substantial and a deal by Novemeber is unlikely now".

The stock, for its part, was ready for a substantial breakout after having closed above the 50-dma and confirming the breakout yesterday. The Wall Street Enquirer has released weak rumours every day now, until someone with credibiility (like the company itself or other news outlets) state something stronger than simply "3 months from now", I wouldn't be a buyer of the stock today. Let the breakout run its course, there is a gap to $ 13.50 that needs to be filled and we were going to do that anyway. GL
    09-05-13 08:37 AM
113,256 ... 18481849185018511852 ...