View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So apparently Michael Kane is going to be giving some information that he received from BlackBerry this morning in 20 minutes or so. It's on Canada AM for anyone up and in Canada

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:22 AM
    Good morning.
    PM has been relatively active since 4am with over 70k shares so far and we are up 1.95%.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:24 AM
    So apparently Michael Kane is going to be giving some information that he received from BlackBerry this morning in 20 minutes or so. It's on Canada AM for anyone up and in Canada

Posted via CB10
    Would you please give a summary after if you watch it?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    09-05-13 05:26 AM
    Can anyone explain what kind of statagy is in play when Blackberry says it is trying to sell by November?
    09-05-13 05:28 AM
    Can anyone explain what kind of statagy is in play when Blackberry says it is trying to sell by November?
    Well when BlackBerry says that, maybe someone can answer.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think I'll be able to handle that

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:34 AM
    You been beating that cow bell tooo long!
    09-05-13 05:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lame. He said in his snippet earlier that he contacted BlackBerry and stay tuned. Well he did contact them and guess what their response was.... they will not comment on the story. Same as always. Don't comment on rumours.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:51 AM
    Could this be the most colossal setup ever to manufacture a short squeeze with no real deal at the end ?
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Far too dangerous IMHO. Sounds like "desperate all in" and I don't think T.H drinks that kind of beer.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 05:57 AM
    Lame. He said in his snippet earlier that he contacted BlackBerry and stay tuned. Well he did contact them and guess what their response was.... they will not comment on the story. Same as always. Don't comment on rumours.

Posted via CB10
    That's some powerful investigative reporting!

The old trick a lot of journalists will use is to ask for a comment literally before they go to air knowing that most corporations don't respond that quickly and then they can say "They didn't get back to us with a response" [they have something to hide right?]
    Randeman and peter9477 like this.
    09-05-13 05:59 AM
    No it's fully legit since he leave the board...

Why I think (Can't be Wrong but I think) it's very possible, it leave the board to be able to quick move without having any legal obligation about BBRY.

Is main goal is not really the success of BBRY but the success of Fairfax, if both can happen fine, but the only peoples he have legal obligation now are for Fairfax Shareholders.
    Let's say you're right. So basically, Prem would be flushing his whole reputation and "investing lifestyle" mark.
    This would be the end of his reputation and fund, IMHO. Did he stated he wants to retire ?
    In business, there's something you must always add to analysis : the human factor.
    True for the above and I believe also true for the "cultural compatibility" I've mentioned several times already.

Sometimes, we look at the details - with our best accuracy - and forget the whole picture red signs ... That's where entrepreneurs/investors (V.S day traders) are good at : look way forward, especially when the weather is bad.

I believe this is not the most accurate reading of the situation; even weirdest ones are more likely to happen.
    jxnb, cjcampbell, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    09-05-13 06:07 AM
    "hide one's tracks", like keeping mouth shut ?
    (BTW BlackBerry didn't say anything as of date. Mark it as intentional leak ? Maybe ...)
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 06:14 AM
    I am fearful that BBRY is pumping it's stock to allow insiders to sell into the short covering etc... the earnings numbers are fully known internally now. It just makes no sense that the company makes public announcements (and leaks hehe) if there truly were concrete negotiations going on behind the scenes. When serious negotiations are happening the company is not out pumping it's stock.
    anon(4086547) and rodan01 like this.
    09-05-13 06:21 AM
    I am fearful that BBRY is pumping it's stock to allow insiders to sell into the short covering etc... the earnings numbers are fully known internally now. It just makes no sense that the company makes public announcements (and leaks hehe) if there truly were concrete negotiations going on behind the scenes. When serious negotiations are happening the company is not out pumping it's stock.
    I also fear there may be some truth here. For example, when did the general public find out about the Nokia, Motorola and Skype acquisitions? I believe there may have been some speculation but no where near the amount of involvement by bbry management.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-05-13 06:38 AM
    You been beating that cow bell tooo long!
    Are you in? Or not?
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-05-13 06:51 AM
    Are you in? Or not?
    I have been in for near two weeks.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-05-13 06:53 AM
    Did you not say just last week that you were done with this stock?
    09-05-13 06:55 AM
    "hide one's tracks", like keeping mouth shut ?
    (BTW BlackBerry didn't say anything as of date. Mark it as intentional leak ? Maybe ...)
    Thanks, just trying to see what advantages this brings. Why would they leak such a thing? I do think it is intentional and IS from Blackberry but others will believe what they want. I refuse to be one sided.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-05-13 06:56 AM
    That's what I thought too.
    And I think Greg said he was leaving this forum too as he was totally done . That's the reason I asked.

I guess BlackBerry just makes you come back for more!
    09-05-13 06:58 AM
    Could you possible conceive that I am done but am unable to sell due to the loss that I would incur? Is that possible ?

I am due and my drop dead date for selling will be before the next ER.

I am not in deep as I can not afford to drop another $30,000!
    09-05-13 06:59 AM
    You're kidding me right? I'm pretty sure I remember you basically calling everyone who owns BBRY an ***** very recently. You also said you sold out of your position and are never buying BBRY or visiting this thread again.

Now that the stock is shooting up and it looks like a buyout is imminent you happen to have a position in it again. Pretty convenient.

Edit: I DI OT is censored? Lol
    09-05-13 07:00 AM
    That's what I thought too.
    And I think Greg said he was leaving this forum too as he was totally done . That's the reason I asked.

I guess BlackBerry just makes you come back for more!
    There are many here who "used" to post here that still own stock but choose to no longer participate here. When is make you sick to your stomach, can you blame them?
    09-05-13 07:01 AM
    You're kidding me right? I'm pretty sure I remember you basically calling everyone who owns BBRY an ***** very recently. You also said you sold out of your position and are never buying BBRY or visiting this thread again.

Now that the stock is shooting up and it looks like a buyout is imminent you happen to have a position in it again. Pretty convenient.

Edit: I DI OT is censored? Lol
    "The stock is shooting up"?

Are you being funny? This tells me much of everyone expectations.
    09-05-13 07:02 AM
    And something that's not a rumour....

BlackBerry Joins FIDO Alliance and Board; Seeks Secure, Universal Authentication for Mobile Platform and Device Users

The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with the first standards-based specifications, today announced that BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) has joined the Alliance and been appointed to the Board of Directors.

Details here...

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ry-1827587.htm
    09-05-13 07:05 AM
    Far too dangerous IMHO. Sounds like "desperate all in" and I don't think T.H drinks that kind of beer.
    It might look like that, but I get the feeling it's a flanking maneuver.
    09-05-13 07:08 AM
113,256 ... 18471848184918501851 ...