View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bilaal, I'm not sharing this.
    I support BlackBerry as a company, and I won't be affected if it's shareholders structure changes.
    But if it broke apart or get absorbed and disappear , not even a X3 gain could wet my tears.

Hopefully, this is not going to happen.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG fan of the company. Anyone who knows me knows me for being a BlackBerry fanatic. But, after all that said, I'm a realist, what has to be done has to be done for the sake of good business which also includes taking care of your shareholders and looking out for the best interests of the business. Now, me and you both don't know what Thor's intentions really are, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and let's hope he really does care for the handset as much as his payout cheque. At the end of the day, he's just doing what needs to be done, even though, arguably, he hasn't done other parts of his job properly.
    lcjr, Superfly_FR, spike12 and 2 others like this.
    09-04-13 04:38 PM

Now, for 300 points and a chance to go onto T-School with a scholarship, who is that "Canadian Exec" you are referring to in the WSJ article?
    Well, according to people close to the matter....
    lcjr, bungaboy, spike12 and 4 others like this.
    09-04-13 04:38 PM
    I'm down about $80k as of now on BBRY.
    I hope things improve so that you can make some much deserved profit.

I am still down a considerable amount as well but I do have lots of time. I am in no hurry.
    09-04-13 04:39 PM
    Might have to try this once...

Attachment 198572
    It's actually not bad.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-04-13 04:42 PM
    I think I may go and buy another 125 shares tomorrow on the TSX. Got 2150 now make it a nice 2275.
    lcjr, Korepab, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-04-13 04:46 PM
    I think I may go and buy another 125 shares tomorrow on the TSX. Got 2150 now make it a nice 2275.
    Drive safely, do not exceed speed limit.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    sparkaction and Bugmapper like this.
    09-04-13 05:01 PM
    I
    'say it again' (?)

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Not selling unless I'm foced.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:04 PM
    Great news today, but lets not get our hopes up

I am hoping for a partnership with Samsung. Think of the incentive Samsung would have to market XBBM on their Android devices... That is what Blackberry needs for their messaging system to go above and beyond.
    09-04-13 05:10 PM
    The WSJ has nothing on any other source of news today, credibility is earned, not assumed. You might like reading Forbes and some of the other Enquirer papers while you are at it.

That article is vague and useless to those without an agenda.

Now, for 300 points and a chance to go onto T-School with a scholarship, who is that "Canadian Exec" you are referring to in the WSJ article?
    Has absolutely zero value...but thanks for participating.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:11 PM
    The Dow Jones & WSJ seem to have the pulse on this story...

Re Superfly, good point on potential buyers already having access to the financials. My comment was more around mkt perception (share price) of potential bidder. MSFT buys NOK, the market took $13bn off MSFT's mrk cap.

If it's anything besides a buyout, I can see unfortunate execution risks creeping into discussions.
    09-04-13 05:17 PM
    Couple gap ups
    Couple margin calls on shorts

This could get interesting

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:18 PM
    Has absolutely zero value...but thanks for participating.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought yesterday when Morganplus8 said it. I am glad you agree.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post9113586
    09-04-13 05:20 PM
    Great news today, but lets not get our hopes up

I am hoping for a partnership with Samsung. Think of the incentive Samsung would have to market XBBM on their Android devices... That is what Blackberry needs for their messaging system to go above and beyond.
    I must admit the only "fact" we have is X-BBM promotion by Samy.... but there's this cultural issue.... such opposite...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 05:23 PM
    That's what I thought yesterday when Morganplus8 said it. I am glad you agree.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post9113586
    Please stop...who cares, go get a hug or something.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:23 PM
    Kids,kids,kids...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-04-13 05:25 PM
    So...I guess the silence was for a reason if this is true...personally I will believe it when I see it...but even a 100 batter hits a home run every now and then.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:26 PM
    [...] That article is vague and useless to those without an agenda. [...]
    Actually it does mention November, something like 8 weeks away ... pretty sharp agenda, to say the truth
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 05:39 PM
    Kids,kids,kids ...
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-04-13 05:43 PM
    As I posted few weeks ago, Samsung acquiring or partnering with BlackBerry makes most sense. Here is why -

Alternative OS / Reduced dependence on Android -
    1. Samsung has been trying to develop an alternative OS to Android. They are trying to reduce their dependence on Android. Instead of introducing a new OS (Tizen), they can simply acquire or license BlackBerry 10 OS which already has a decent (and improving) app systems. No need to invest billions on Tizen. Buy or license BB 10.

Security -
    2. BlackBerry 10 OS is proven as a brand and already has security related certifications for enterprise and sensitive government clients. No need to invest on knox. Get BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry also owns key patents in cryptography (such as elipitcal curve etc.)

Ability to build cheap hardware -
    3. Samsung manufactures and owns a lot of components that go inside a smartphone. They can build BlackBerry for much cheaper. BlackBerry already sells hardware at top-tier pricing. Samsung can reduce pricing a bit and at the same time reduce cost a bit. This will help them keep decent profit margins.

BlackBerry Messenger - Text, Voice, Video and Channels -
    4. Once cross-platform BBM is launched, it has potential to go viral and become as big as Skype. Any tech company would love to have that.

Cars, Nuclear Plants etc.
    5. QNX gives them entry to those (growing) market! This may not be worth a lot of revenue right now but these markets are growing.

Patents / Legal Wars -
    6.It seems like Samsung is constantly fighting patent law suits. BlackBerry's patents will make them very strong from legal standpoint.

Marketing dollars -
    7. One of the reason we don't see BlackBerry going all-out crazy with marketing is simply because they want to preserve their cash. If they spend a $500M in marketing and don't immeditately gain it back, their share value will be further eroded. So, they are in a very tough situation. Dipping into existing cash reserve (for marketing) without guaranteed returns (in the very short term) is risky for them. But Samsung has huge cash reserves. They can acquire BlackBerry and spend a BILLION dollar from BlackBerry's own cash-reserve and launch incredibly huge marketing campaign.

----
    I think (for similar reasons), Lenovo also makes sense as a potential partner.
    09-04-13 05:44 PM
    As I posted few weeks ago, Samsung acquiring or partnering with BlackBerry makes most sense. Here is why -

1. Samsung has been trying to develop an alternative OS to Android. They are trying to reduce their dependence on Android. Instead of introducing a new OS (Tizen), they can simply acquire or license BlackBerry 10 OS which already has a decent (and improving) app systems. No need to invest billions on Tizen. Buy or license BB 10.

Security -
    2. BlackBerry 10 OS is proven as a brand and already has security related certifications for enterprise and sensitive government clients. No need to invest on knox. Get BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry also owns key patents in cryptography (such as elipitcal curve etc.)

3. Samsung manufactures and owns a lot of components that go inside a smartphone. They can build BlackBerry for much cheaper. BlackBerry already sells hardware at top-tier pricing. Samsung can reduce pricing a bit and at the same time reduce cost a bit. This will help them keep decent profit margins.

4. Once cross-platform BBM is launched, it has potential to go viral and become as big as Skype. Any tech company would love to have that.

5. QNX gives them entry to those (growing) market! This may not be worth a lot of revenue right now but these markets are growing.

Patents / Legal Wars -
    6.It seems like Samsung is constantly fighting patent law suits. BlackBerry's patents will make them very strong from legal standpoint.

Marketing dollars -
    7. One of the reason we don't see BlackBerry going all-out crazy with marketing is simply because they want to preserve their cash. If they spend a $500M in marketing and don't immeditately gain it back, their share value will be further eroded. So, they are in a very tough situation. Dipping into existing cash reserve (for marketing) without guaranteed returns (in the very short term) is risky for them. But Samsung has huge cash reserves. They can acquire BlackBerry and spend a BILLION dollar from BlackBerry's own cash-reserve and launch incredibly huge marketing campaign.

----
    Makes sense, but, besides the hardware software division, isn't the same exactly applies to MSFT/NOK ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-04-13 at 05:51 PM. Reason: sorry, wrong word harware
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 05:50 PM
    IMO, Google will pay more. having official android store on blackberry OS any one? google does have the cash.
    Randeman, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 05:54 PM
    And here comes the magic of timing ...
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Reports: BlackBerry looking to find buyer by Nov., Microsoft "keeping an eye" - Seeking Alpha

[From S.A mail alert]
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Shanerredflag, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 05:56 PM
    As I posted few weeks ago, Samsung acquiring or partnering with BlackBerry makes most sense.
    Security -

[/I][/B]
    Whilst I loved reading your post and you did make good points, the only issue I have with the security point is that they seemed pretty well confident in announcing that the Note III will come preloaded with Knox. They also signed a deal with some malware security firm called Lookout, BBC News - Samsung beefs up Knox malware protection with Lookout they seem to be in bed with Google, whilst having an affair with Tizen and prostituting Lookout over in San Francisco.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-04-13 05:57 PM
    Nite guys ! I'll have excited but sweet dreams
    Cya2morrow !
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    09-04-13 05:58 PM

Security -

Patents / Legal Wars -

Marketing dollars -

----
    how do you get around National Security test?
    09-04-13 05:58 PM
113,256 ... 18441845184618471848 ...