View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good god don't sell and try to trade this, there are 175 million shares short across North America and they will have to cover. Then there are those buyers who will want to average on the way up. Every sign of weakness will be bought. Just sit back and enjoy the ride! We need to get to a point where someone is willing to sell to these two groups of buyers and that number is likely $ 4.00/shr higher from here. Should be fun unless .........................

............. you are currently short the stock, sorry.
    Morgan, you just injected me with a full cartridge of optimism!
    09-04-13 03:52 PM
    Too bad we won't be able to see the SP cross 11 'live'.
    Will happen AH.
    Just for th beauty of it !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000979.png

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-04-13 03:53 PM
    Sorry!! Frick that!!! Take it all the way up buddy! Not sorry for anyone short. they are the leaches that have been affecting and infecting this stock for months. Anyone that hopes for the negative to happen is not worth feeling sorry for in my book. They will get what they deserve if this stock needs to trade above any takeover price!! Good riddance to them all!
    09-04-13 03:53 PM
    Good god don't sell and try to trade this, there are 175 million shares short across North America and they will have to cover. Then there are those buyers who will want to average on the way up. Every sign of weakness will be bought. Just sit back and enjoy the ride! We need to get to a point where someone is willing to sell to these two groups of buyers and that number is likely $ 4.00/shr higher from here. Should be fun unless .........................

Oh lord no, I'm not even going to mess with selling anything until all the smoke clears and we have solid news. At that point I may continue the ride and wait for the $100 party!
    09-04-13 03:54 PM
    So agree with you!!
    I hope they don't sell ALL their business. As much as I love money, I like owning a good phone, and that's nothing other than a BlackBerry.

The next few months shall be interesting!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:54 PM

I stick to the plan !
    Not selling unless I'm forced.
    'say it again' (?)

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-04-13 at 05:36 PM.
    bungaboy, Randeman and fedakd like this.
    09-04-13 03:57 PM
    Well my loss has now been diminished to sub 5k with my day trading and the news today. So I am pretty exhilarated with the position I am in as of now!

Loving 10.2 on my Z10!
    I'm down about $80k as of now on BBRY.
    09-04-13 04:00 PM
    QUESTION:

If lets say a company wants to buy BBRY for lets say 7 Billion, that would make the SP around 15 a share. Do we get to add the existing 3 Billion in their cash reserves to the SP so that would make it 21 a share?
    09-04-13 04:00 PM
    sh*t......................
    09-04-13 04:02 PM
    9/4/2013; 29 million in volume; closed at $10.75. The volume is in the OK range, and closing at $10.75 is, certainly, good. At the moment, 700,000 in volume AH; just reached $11, back to $10.9x.

An interesting move in the break out. 2 million in the first minute.

1 minute chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-04-4.39.31-pm.png

Bullish interpretation:
    - Breaking out of the pennant with volume to show bullish continuation.
    - All indicators on the daily chart are ready for more upside move.
    - Blackberry announced an accelerated sale process, expecting result by November 2013.
    - AH activity may continue into pre-market tomorrow for a gap up. Let's see this go above $12.18, and then fill the gap to $14.50.
    - Weekly candle is a normal green one, and MACD is at the crossing.

Bearish interpretation:
    - Stoch. RSI is at the peak on the hourly chart; short term retracement is expected. Possibly around $10.56 area.

--
    This break out starts a new short term pattern, so let's see, how the SP moves along the resistance and support lines in the next few days.

Hourly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-04-4.20.05-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-04-4.21.50-pm.jpg
    09-04-13 04:03 PM
    lcjr, you're sure to enjoy this comment from Crackberry Kevin:

"The news comes on the heels of Microsoft buying out Nokia's handset business and while BlackBerry may be working hard to get things done, it doesn't mean a deal will come to fruition in that time frame."
    09-04-13 04:04 PM
    QUESTION:

If lets say a company wants to buy BBRY for lets say 7 Billion, that would make the SP around 15 a share. Do we get to add the existing 3 Billion in their cash reserves to the SP so that would make it 21 a share?
    The offer would be cash included.
    But if we're on an auction, 15 is a pretty low price IMHO.
    Still I'm NOT expecting a takeover but partnerships, alliances, spins-offs,... or a combination of them.
    We might be watching something brillant here, my friends !

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-04-13 04:05 PM
    9/4/2013; 29 million in volume; closed at $10.75. The volume is in the OK range, and closing at $10.75 is, certainly, good. At the moment, 700,000 in volume AH; just reached $11, back to $10.9x.

An interesting move in the break out. 2 million in the first minute.

1 minute chart:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 4.39.31 PM.png 
Views:	754 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	198567

Bullish interpretation:
    - Breaking out of the pennant with volume to show bullish continuation.
    - All indicators on the daily chart are ready for more upside move.
    - Blackberry announced an accelerated sale process, expecting result by November 2013.
    - AH activity may continue into pre-market tomorrow for a gap up. Let's see this go above $12.18, and then fill the gap to $14.50.
    - Weekly candle is a normal green one, and MACD is at the crossing.

Bearish interpretation:
    - Stoch. RSI is at the peak on the hourly chart; short term retracement is expected. Possibly around $10.56 area.

--
    This break out starts a new short term pattern, so let's see, how the SP moves along the resistance and support lines in the next few days.

Hourly:

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 4.20.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	198559

Daily:

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 4.21.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	198560
    Typical confirmation bias, right shorts?

I like how the shorts section is getting smaller and smaller as the days go by in your analysis haha
    09-04-13 04:09 PM
    If Microsoft was willing to pay over 7 billion for Nokia's handset business, then it bodes well for BB even if its handset division isn't valued as high. BBM, enterprise, patents and cash have to be worth at least $7 billion. Will be interesting to see what valuations come out from analysts tomorrow given that a deal may be more imminent and possible than expected by most. Would be great to see it get to $10 billion. Handset business would be much more valuable given a Cisco deal. BB10 will always be a player, if there is a willing owner. This is the problem as I see it, BB needs more time to seed and growth BB10 penetration while the market is not willing to give them the time. A deep pocketed owner, willing to put some capital into a turnaround could benefit in a huge way from BB10, even as an Enterprise only business, with retail being an add on to the business. Guess we will see. I am hopeful we may see as high as $17 a share and $19 at the very top of the range. Anything more and it would take a bidding war.
    09-04-13 04:12 PM
    Good Lord, reading the comments on the front page made feel like I was at a funeral or something. People crying, yelling and making assumptions before anything has actually happened.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:16 PM
    Wow, WSJ has all the news for BB these days. Looks like this is more news than rumour. BB what is up?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 04:18 PM

The WSJ has nothing on any other source of news today, credibility is earned, not assumed. You might like reading Forbes and some of the other Enquirer papers while you are at it.

That article is vague and useless to those without an agenda.

Now, for 300 points and a chance to go onto T-School with a scholarship, who is that "Canadian Exec" you are referring to in the WSJ article?
    09-04-13 04:20 PM
    The offer would be cash included.
    But if we're on an auction, 15 is a pretty low price IMHO.
    Still I'm NOT expecting a takeover but partnerships, alliances, spins-offs,... or a combination of them.
    We might be watching something brillant here, my friends !

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    That's not how the WSJ article makes it sound - more than they are happy to break up the company and sell off the chunks.
    Guys, I'm over excited, like many of us would. Yet, it's not victory yet. We have to chill out, breathe, enjoy the moment with... an interior smile.
    I mean, let's not sell the fur before we kill the bear
    Let's stay calm, finally we're just half way of the recovery schedule.
    All these news and SP pop have to be confirmed and a lot can happen, good or bad.
    Remember, they're stronger than "us"and we must be very careful here.
    I strongly suggest rookies like me just stand quiet (in particular, not jumping on buy button). We are at best with a time frame of 2 months ahead; 8 weeks.

Whatever you do, and this is the only advice I pretend true in all the present post, do not act impulsively. Think, count, balance... Be adult.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy, abouthsu, zyben and 4 others like this.
    Good Lord, reading the comments on the front page made feel like I was at a funeral or something. People crying, yelling and making assumptions before anything has actually happened.

Posted via CB10
    Normal behaviour here. LoL
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 04:23 PM
    That's not how the WSJ article makes it sound - more than they are happy to break up the company and sell off the chunks.
    I'm deaf, sometimes

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-04-13 04:23 PM
    You went through the insane July oversold period with all of us. I am still red as well, and some have average in the $14 - $15 range, so you are not alone. I wish to see BBRY goes green in everyone's portfolio.
    09-04-13 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    For the average joe rooting for an underdog company, that's all they have. They're not in the stock market like us big boys, so for them, there isn't money to be made. If BlackBerry doesn't exist in 6 months time, ofcourse, it'll hit me hard, but I'll be the first to remember and remind folks that well, atleast I made some money out of it

(I better have fuc*** made money out of this, btw. Thor, you better not let me down!)
    cjcampbell, lcjr, Korepab and 3 others like this.
    09-04-13 04:28 PM
    Bilaal, I'm not sharing this.
    I support BlackBerry as a company, and I won't be affected if it's shareholders structure changes.
    But if it's breaking apart or get absorbed and disappear , not even a X3 gain could dry (edited!) my tears.

Hopefully, this is not going to happen.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-04-13 at 04:58 PM.
    09-04-13 04:34 PM
    Might have to try this once...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-beer.jpg
    09-04-13 04:37 PM
113,256 ... 18431844184518461847 ...