View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I hope they don't sell ALL their business. As much as I love money, I like owning a good phone, and that's nothing other than a BlackBerry.

The next few months shall be interesting!

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was thinking this morning. As much as I am a Windows guy, I'd never own a WP8 device. Might got back to Android when by Z10 dies and/or BB stops supporting it.

Let's hope not.
    09-04-13 03:28 PM
    I posted several weeks ago a contact of mine said Motorola aka Google was interested in BlackBerry. This news confirms talks have happened. We just don't know who officially. Draw an inference

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-04-13 03:30 PM
    Been following the thread whilst on vacay in NB, now back to ON soil. lol
    I didn't get a chance to stock watch much over the last month. Maybe that was a blessing of sorts.
    Anyways, LOVE the spike. I just set my sell order(s). Now we wait. I'm looking for $20+
    09-04-13 03:32 PM
    Keep in mind that we have no idea the terms of any deal here. It could be an outright sale or partnership, or investor groups to take it private or or or.... We'll all just have to wait and see what they announce and when.
    OK, let me speculate again :
    1. BBM spin off, partner MSFT
    2. NOC (infrastructure) partnership (Cisco ?)
    3. BES 10 co-branding with MS

Spin offs or new entities held under a BlackBerry Holding. And that holding fueled with new partners and funds $$ may be... private ?

Watchout : I'm surely too excited to think properly.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    I posted several weeks ago a contact of mine said Motorola aka Google was interested in BlackBerry. This news confirms talks have happened. We just don't know who officially. Draw an inference

Posted via CB10
    As much as I'd like to believe you, since I'm betting that you're probably a good guy, unless you have proof, I'm just gonna have to take this with a grain of salt. However, this does go hand in hand with what we've just heard and if Google IS, infact interested, let's hope BlackBerry does the right thing.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:33 PM
    As much as I'd like to believe you, since I'm betting that you're probably a good guy, unless you have proof, I'm just gonna have to take this with a grain of salt. However, this does go hand in hand with what we've just heard and if Google IS, infact interested, let's hope BlackBerry does the right thing.
    I took it with a grain of salt too. But the contact works in BlackBerry HQ in waterloo so it's not too far fetched. In any event, it's time for me to make some money off this stock!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    09-04-13 03:35 PM
    Please be at least $15.50 a share! That's my cost basis and I have a boatload of shares.
    Mine is about $15.10 I'd have to double check but a few pennies doesn't matter with the amount of shares I have. I'd ride the squeeze and set stops along the way to protect any sudden drops. The problem with this is often the SP drops a bit and then continues the squeeze upwards. Hmmmmmmm....
    09-04-13 03:36 PM
    They probably want this before the next ER as the results in my opinion will not be nice.

Posted via CB10
    If it's a takeover, bidders have the figures already. If it's private, the lower, the better ...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:37 PM
    If it's a takeover, bidders have the figures already. If it's private, the lower, the better ...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:38 PM
    Too bad we won't be able to see the SP cross 11 'live'.
    Will happen AH.
    09-04-13 03:38 PM
    Just traded at $11 in the US after hours! Nice to see!
    09-04-13 03:39 PM
    Hit 11 at Nasdaq in AH!
    09-04-13 03:39 PM
    Will happen AH.
    BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes

Kinda live.
    09-04-13 03:40 PM
    Will happen AH.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ahx.jpg
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and fedakd like this.
    Good lord, I might not even get the chance to sell at $15 and buyback if this deal closes on of before ER day.

Is that possible? For Thor to announce a deal on Earnings Calls? What are the odds in me selling before ER and Thor comes our an announces an amazing deal with Company X and I'm there sat with egg on my face because the stock blew up to $20+?

Posted via CB10
    Freakin awesome! Woot woot!! hey, we have to enjoy this moment!
    09-04-13 03:41 PM
    Good lord, I might not even get the chance to sell at $15 and buyback if this deal closes on of before ER day.

Is that possible? For Thor to announce a deal on Earnings Calls? What are the odds in me selling before ER and Thor comes our an announces an amazing deal with Company X and I'm there sat with egg on my face because the stock blew up to $20+?

Posted via CB10
    If you're waiting to sell at $15, then you'd probably be seeing the SP continue going up because something serious would be driving that action. For me it's to dangerous to sell right now and buy back in later, as there's too much possible right now. If I was going to sell, I'd wait until the smoke clears some.
    Bilaal likes this.
    09-04-13 03:43 PM
    Came back from the hall around 4:20pm..... Do my daily BB news check.....

Bilaal, cjcampbell, lcjr and 12 others like this.
    09-04-13 03:43 PM
    What convenient timing
    09-04-13 03:46 PM
    If you're waiting to sell at $15, then you'd probably be seeing the SP continue going up because something serious would be driving that action. For me it's to dangerous to sell right now and buy back in later, as there's too much possible right now. If I was going to sell, I'd wait until the smoke clears some.
    Well, $15 is my ideal number, I'll be okay at $14 or even $13 if I'm feeling a little adventurous and I agree with you, it's a dangerous time to sell in hope to buyback at a cheaper rate in order to double up on my profit takings. I'm just waiting to see how this pans out until ER.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-04-13 03:46 PM
    It's a crazy situation because if the buy out is at $20 a share, but short sellers go crazy and cover, then driving the price to $30 a share then why would shareholders agree to sell at $20 anymore. Anyone wanna chime in here.

Posted via CB10
    I'll start unwinding my positions if bbry gets over $17.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:48 PM

Good god don't sell and try to trade this, there are 175 million shares short across North America and they will have to cover. Then there are those buyers who will want to average on the way up. Every sign of weakness will be bought. Just sit back and enjoy the ride! We need to get to a point where someone is willing to sell to these two groups of buyers and that number is likely $ 4.00/shr higher from here. Should be fun unless .........................

............. you are currently short the stock, sorry.
    09-04-13 03:49 PM
    Well my loss has now been diminished to sub 5k with my day trading and the news today. So I am pretty exhilarated with the position I am in as of now!

Loving 10.2 on my Z10!
    09-04-13 03:51 PM
    This made me LOL.

(You milage may vary).
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-04-13 03:52 PM
113,250 ... 18421843184418451846 ...