Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fingers crossed on a Sony Partnership.

Posted via CB10
    Wishful thinking but doubt it. The phone they announced today was beautiful.
    09-04-13 03:14 PM
    If you had your choice, what would you rather own? Nokia or Blackberry?
    A BlackBerry Z10
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:15 PM
    I hope something solid happens well before the ER. Many here are on the edge and don't want to go through what happened last time.
    leafs123, take99, m1a1mg and 2 others like this.
    09-04-13 03:16 PM
    as good as this sounds for the stock (I do own stock), a part of me feels a bit saddened that BB is really going to be sold. It would've been nice to be able to show the rest of the world that they could've made a comeback
    Keep in mind that we have no idea the terms of any deal here. It could be an outright sale or partnership, or investor groups to take it private or or or.... We'll all just have to wait and see what they announce and when.
    09-04-13 03:16 PM
    Nokia is a dead company now. Are you just going to live off royalties and whatever services they can generate?
    Sorry, I meant old Nokia. What they were a week ago.
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:17 PM
    Let's get ready for a wild ride tomorrow with a rocket tied to BBRY butts the moon is next stop. Wieeeeeeeeeeee to-da-moon
    lcjr, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 03:18 PM
    Don't want to get ahead of myself here but if something is announced, a form of short covering must happen, right?
    09-04-13 03:18 PM
    Must be an announcement coming tonight....?
    Yup, someone on Wall Street got tipped. 3 days. I say Friday morning or Monday morning some big news is coming out.
    lcjr and rebekahlynnharrison like this.
    09-04-13 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry Pushes for Speedy Sale Process - Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com

The Board Aims to Wrap Up Auction by November
    The beleaguered smartphone maker is aiming to run a fast auction process that could be wrapped up by November.
    Hmm, interesting how tomorrow will play out as more media outlets pick up on the news.......and they said no one was interested lol..

Posted via CB10
    as good as this sounds for the stock (I do own stock), a part of me feels a bit saddened that BB is really going to be sold. It would've been nice to be able to show the rest of the world that they could've made a comeback
    Wait for details and for now, just enjoy the show

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:21 PM
    Very interesting! Hold your shares tight and hang on for the ride to $20+
    Can we get this done before the next ER? lol
    lcjr likes this.
    BlackBerry in talks
    BlackBerry Ltd. has already held talks with potential bidders in what it hopes will be a quick auction, The Wall Street Journal reports today.

That fits with what some analysts have projected, and comes on the heels of Microsoft Corp.’s blockbuster deal for Nokia Corp.’s handset operations yesterday.

BlackBerry unveiled a strategic review last month, with a sale among its options.

This comes amid heated competition with the likes of Apple Corp.’s iPhone, Samsung’s Galaxy offerings, and smartphones running Google Inc.’s Android system.

According to the Journal report, BlackBerry could wrap up a sale as early as November.

It has narrowed the number of potential suitors, and full-scale talks will start soon, the report said, quoting sources.

Preliminary discussions have already been held with potential bidders for all or just parts of the smartphone company, it added.

BlackBerry plans fast sale, has talked to potential bidders: Report - The Globe and Mail
    09-04-13 03:22 PM
    Can we get this done before the next ER? lol
    They probably want this before the next ER as the results in my opinion will not be nice.

Posted via CB10
    Let's get ready for a wild ride tomorrow with a rocket tied to BBRY butts the moon is next stop. Wieeeeeeeeeeee to-da-moon
    I just called my boss and called in sick for tomorrow.

Have to head out now... to the pop corn store.
    Could end up being a bidding war. Oddly enough, there have been many here saying that there was no interest in BlackBerry and calls to find a suitor have turned up nothing. Now the rumour is that they have whittled down the list of suitors. So this current one says there a a few if they can actually have whittled the list.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt this is going to be like an actual auction. Most lilely they will have several potential suitors provide their best offer(s) by a given date. I say offer(s) because one suitor might try to buy it out right or do a merger of some sort.
    m1a1mg and lcjr like this.
    Too bad you can't bring a full leg back to Canada !
    BTW, did you follow the coast from Biarritz to Spain ?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Oh you can bring one back to Canada. You just need to slip the porters $20 at Pearson and you can bring back all kinds of cured meats, cheeses, figs, even fresh fish. I have seen it and eaten it! A small price to pay considering they carry your luggage for you as well.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-04-13 03:23 PM
    Don't want to get ahead of myself here but if something is announced, a form of short covering must happen, right?
    Don't get your hopes up, but a squeeze could start any day now.
    09-04-13 03:23 PM
    Ok guys, as nice as this all seems we need to wait for the news, if there really is news coming. Not trying to dampen the moment, but we've been down this road how many times now? I'm really excited but will maintain my composure until I see something in writing. Since it is a nice mood right now, we can all celebrate the SP spike with a cold beer tonight. Come on BEER THIRTY!!
    09-04-13 03:24 PM
    It's a crazy situation because if the buy out is at $20 a share, but short sellers go crazy and cover, then driving the price to $30 a share then why would shareholders agree to sell at $20 anymore. Anyone wanna chime in here.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:26 PM
    I hope they don't sell ALL their business. As much as I love money, I like owning a good phone, and that's nothing other than a BlackBerry.

The next few months shall be interesting!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:26 PM
    Good lord that would be awesome!
    cjcampbell, Kid Vibe and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 03:27 PM
    Please be at least $15.50 a share! That's my cost basis and I have a boatload of shares.
    Kid Vibe, Randeman, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-04-13 03:27 PM
    SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of BlackBerry Inc. /quotes/zigman/19622165/quotes/nls/bbry BBRY +1.21% got a last-minute boost before Wednesday's closing bell following a report by the Wall Street Journal that the company is looking to speed up its effort to find a buyer. The stock jumped in the session's final minutes to close up more than 5% at $10.75, and rose another 1% in after-hours trades. According to the Journal, the company is looking to run a "fast auction process" that could be completed by November. BlackBerry, which announced in August that it had formed a special board committee to evaluate strategic options, has held preliminary talks with potential bidders and "narrowed" its list to begin an actual sales process soon, the report read. There is no guarantee that a sale will take place.
    09-04-13 03:28 PM
113,256 ... 18411842184318441845 ...