View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Blackberry really needs to photobomb (billboardbomb?) that event by taking over all the digital displays!
    that would be absolutely amazing... although as a shareholder I would be terrified to know what that would cost. haha
    09-04-13 11:14 AM
    that would be absolutely amazing... although as a shareholder I would be terrified to know what that would cost. haha
    It would be worth it for the trolling factor. Lol.
    09-04-13 11:27 AM
    Just came back from classes. Glad to see that the regulars are having a good time. Rock on!!!!
    M8, one of the classes was medical neuroscience.
    09-04-13 11:45 AM
    Uh someone just bought a 250,000 share block at 12:25pm.

Time and Sales - Intraday Stock Last Price History for BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    sidhuk, lcjr and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    09-04-13 11:45 AM
    the options volatility for BBRY increases before every Qreport date, and then collapses afterward, meaning options are getting expensive heading into the Qreport. so, if you are wrong and there is a big move you will lose really bad. and if you were right you need a big move to make money on your options.
    09-04-13 12:05 PM
    I don't know these guys...

"Sept. 4 (Aviate Global) -- Missing Nokia over the past decade has still been the best use of your money, despite today's move. That said, and in light of our comments below re CAPEX, questions will be asked as to “who might be next?”
    Corporate actions aside, we refer to our Chartist Riccardo who has had a buy on Alcatel for some time. The CAPEX boost from Vodafone won't go unmissed, nor will the fact Microsoft are presumably paying over $1bn for Nokia's patents – something we have discussed with reference to Alcatel in the past (although to no avail at that time). Another name to consider is Blackberry.

Blackberry

The $7.2B price tag for Nokia's handset division is 0.35x annual revenues (GOOG paid .77x for Motorola). The big question now is where that leaves RIMM. Is the Nokia deal the new precedent?

RIMM's enterprise value is ~$2.5B (cash is $2.8bn), put on 0.35x sales and you get $4.2bn, or 70% upside.

Another way to look at this: If you take a conservative view and assume RIMM's device unit continues to slowly dwindle and sales decline 5% in FY14, you get revenues of ~$6.3B. Now, let's say that NOK was more strategic to MSFT than RIMM will be to a suitor such as HPQ or Lenovo and RIMM only fetches 0.25xs sales, or c$1.6B dollars for the handset business in a potential deal.

That still leaves ~$900M in assigned value for RIMM's services, software, and other businesses, the combined revenues of such is ~$4.4B or ~0.20x sales, which seem very cheap on the basis of what are quite sticky revenue streams. Given the company is still FCF positive and could potentially increase cash generation should they scale back SG&A, shares of BBRY could start garnering more attention, as clearly there is value emerging

Something to ponder…"
    09-04-13 12:07 PM
    the options volatility for BBRY increases before every Qreport date, and then collapses afterward, meaning options are getting expensive heading into the Qreport. so, if you are wrong and there is a big move you will lose really bad. and if you were right you need a big move to make money on your options.
    Agreed. I'm unwinding the trade on 9/26, at that point, (all other things being equal), I should have captured most of the move in the trade... no need to risk giving it all back on either a great or horrible ER.
    09-04-13 12:13 PM
    For the next remaining days until the quarterly report, this stock will be fascinating to watch. It's like a game of chicken, where two cars drive towards each other in a collision course and you wait to see who swerves first.

If we exclude insiders who know if there will be an upcoming buyout, partnership, or whatever, here is the situation as seen by the market. BBRY's price is increasing on rumors of a buyout, not because of any news. With each passing day, the window for such a rumor being confirmed before the ER keeps shrinking. The general consensus is that it will be a poor earnings report. People will be wanting to reduce their exposure to a repeat of June 28 by selling before the ER. Thus the game of chicken is set.

As long as traders think that other people think the the rumors are real, then they buy (greater fool theory). But they have to guess at what point those other people will decide that the rumor isn't going to materialize, and start selling before that happens. No one wants to end up being the greater fool. This is a fascinating situation, and it should be educational to watch regardless of whether you're a bear or a bull.
    Bilaal and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-04-13 12:29 PM
    09-04-13 01:02 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1296.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1328.jpgWelcome to San Sebastien!! We would love to have you all here F dis place is the *its......MASHED every nite!
    zyben, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 17 others like this.
    09-04-13 01:28 PM
    HTC is down nearly 7% today and Samsung said on their new phones they will have KNOX pre installed for the BYOD movement. No mention of the new tizen software, perhaps released later in the year?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 01:33 PM
    09-04-13 01:34 PM
    HTC is down nearly 7% today and Samsung said on their new phones they will have KNOX pre installed for the BYOD movement. No mention of the new tizen software, perhaps released later in the year?

Posted via CB10
    Knox coming to consumers as well. I thought security didn't matter for the regular consumer?

Samsung opens up Knox security platform to all consumers
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 01:35 PM
    Lenovo rumours again, ugh. ISI Group is saying that Lenovo could offer $15/share. BNN is looking to track down their report.
    **** that... I mean, yeah, I'd have a slim profit but the emotions that I've gone through with this thing is makes me feel I deserve a 20+ offer!

PS: Good luck Morgan on the surgery.
    09-04-13 01:35 PM
    One more Off for Pintxo......and Txakoli the local white wine....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1322.jpg
    09-04-13 01:38 PM
    Okay one more.. Pata Negra...Google this one...this is the best you will ever ever EVER eat!!!!!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1331.jpg
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, lcjr and 9 others like this.
    09-04-13 01:43 PM
    One more Off for Pintxo......and Txakoli the local white wine....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	198536
    Show off. LoL
    I gotta admit, that place have some Pe** vibes.
    Thanks for the pictures for refreshing memory. wants me to travel now.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-04-13 01:44 PM
    Gotta love the days that are not like all the others with this stock. How often do we get to a new HOD at this time of the day?
    09-04-13 01:48 PM
    Hmmmm... 34 cents away from my breakeven again.

Interesting rollercoaster ride for the last year.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    09-04-13 01:59 PM
    Gotta love the days that are not like all the others with this stock. How often do we get to a new HOD at this time of the day?
    Is there a technical description for today's chart pattern?
    If not, I think that I will call it 'stairway to the moon' LOL....
    09-04-13 02:04 PM
    Is there a technical description for today's chart pattern?
    If not, I think that I will call it 'stairway to the moon' LOL....
    I think it's called a break out but I like yours better lol
    09-04-13 02:08 PM
    I hope you enjoyed this day in San Sebastien. Tomorrow will be the last day with good weather.
    Funny that Superfly maybe right that we close above 10,60
    lcjr, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 02:08 PM
    $11 EOD? lol
    lcjr, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 02:11 PM
    Holy P00P!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 02:11 PM
    Show off. LoL
    I gotta admit, that place have some Pe** vibes.
    Thanks for the pictures for refreshing memory. wants me to travel now.
    I don't know who has it better, bigbadben10 or my idol, .............. Kid Vibe!!! That looks like a great place to visit.
    cjcampbell, Chris2J, lcjr and 6 others like this.
    09-04-13 02:12 PM
113,256 ... 18381839184018411842 ...