View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The $BBRY drinking game: take a shot every time a Lenovo buyout rumour gets reported.
    No wonder we've all been so drunk lately in this thread
    Now whaaooot ?
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 10:32 AM
    I just hope your little friend robot will be QNX powered next time and it'll be fine, I'm sure.
    P.S: Sorry for joking, just don't want to get too personal here. You sure know what I (we all) mean and wish: Simply the best.
    Superfly!!

I know you of all people, like to joke around, no problem! My father makes jokes everyday about what's left in my head! He is the first one to make millions of phone calls if he doesn't hear from me soon after a surgery though. My wife can't handle any of this and runs off whenever the surgeon describes what they have to do next. I laugh at it all the time and will do so until I run out of options so joke all you want man!
    09-04-13 10:34 AM
    Give me $10.6 for today and I'm a happy camper !
    I think it's time for a little ... Rain dance !!! (CJ, can't you H I T T H A T C O W B E L L H A R D E R ? )
    CJ is MIA so here ya go:

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:36 AM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9116839]

m0de25!!

Thanks for those kind words, much appreciated. I have another surgery scheduled for Sept 12th and hopefully this one will be the last one. We have been prepping for it for weeks to try and improve the odds of success this time around. My surgeon became a little too excited when he discovered the area of the brain that contains the problem, we went into that surgery too quickly and it failed. This time around, we are doing everything right and should have a more favourable outcome. The goal is to take my family to Antiqua in February to celebrate together. Everything needs to heal successfully, close up without infection and then I need to gain clearance to fly! Not asking too much is it?

PS. Always enjoy your posts.

Thanks again to evereyone who has supported us during this time!
    M8,

Most would say a physical battle start with the brain itself and everything else will take care itself.

GL on your upcoming and wish you a successful surgery and recovery.
    09-04-13 10:37 AM
    I've had this stuck song in my head for like the last week.

Might as well see if it sticks anywhere else.

09-04-13 10:38 AM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9116839]

m0de25!!

Thanks for those kind words, much appreciated. I have another surgery scheduled for Sept 12th and hopefully this one will be the last one. We have been prepping for it for weeks to try and improve the odds of success this time around. My surgeon became a little too excited when he discovered the area of the brain that contains the problem, we went into that surgery too quickly and it failed. This time around, we are doing everything right and should have a more favourable outcome. The goal is to take my family to Antiqua in February to celebrate together. Everything needs to heal successfully, close up without infection and then I need to gain clearance to fly! Not asking too much is it?

PS. Always enjoy your posts.

Thanks again to evereyone who has supported us during this time!
    Hey Morgan! *Really* happy to know that things are heading in a positive direction for you and your family. Most of us here appreciate your TA, but above and beyond this, you are intelligent and insightful in so many other ways and this thread is on another level because of it.

Let me be the first to wish you a great time in Antigua! Take care and don't be shy to give us these kinds of updates after Sept 12.

As for your PS.: Thanks yeah, I'm technically way ot of my league here, but I've still convinced myself that this thread would only be AWESO without ME, so I try and contribute in any way I can!
    09-04-13 10:38 AM
    Hey guys!

Haven't been around too much lately but just wanted to pop in and see what is going on. Glad to see the conversation is still going strong with the occasional OT thrown in there for some rollercoaster fun.

M+8 - Good luck on your upcoming procedures and hopefully you can finally kick this thing once and for all. You have truly blown my world of TA open with all of your information but more importantly have been quite the inspiration to me with your outlook on life and your situation.

Wishing you nothing but the best and a great vacation in Antigua with your family.
    09-04-13 10:46 AM
    CJ is MIA so here ya go:

Posted via CB10
    I'm here I'm here. Just busy banging... err... my bell. I'd like to see this hold and have my call from Friday evening come to fruition
    09-04-13 10:49 AM
    Soooooo, are we going to hit 11 anytime soon? lol.
    sidhuk likes this.
    He said fruition... hahahaha.
    Lol, Canadian Pension Fund just did their first investment in South Korea...put a couple hundred million into a new office tower project. The entire thirty floors have a single tenant...Samsung.

Can't wait to see how that gets spun lol.

Posted via CB10
    actually Ontario pretty much outsourced their solar energy supplies to Samsung for a multi billion $ deal. if you Google solar energy-Ontario-Samsung i am sure you are going to get the details on that deal
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 10:52 AM
    He said fruition... hahahaha.
    And SF said frontal...lol
    09-04-13 10:52 AM
    The ISI stuff is garbage then.

Amber Kanwar ‏@amberkanwar 59s
    On ISI...spoke to one of researchers. Says he put out a note yesterday on $MSFT $NOK...mentioned Lenovo but never said $15 takeout for $BBRY
    09-04-13 10:54 AM
    Lol, Canadian Pension Fund just did their first investment in South Korea...put a couple hundred million into a new office tower project. The entire thirty floors have a single tenant...Samsung.

Can't wait to see how that gets spun lol.

Posted via CB10
    This is true?

CPP has a big investment in BBRY too.

I cogitate that the feces are about to begin impacting the turbine.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    09-04-13 10:55 AM
    So I found out why we haven't heard anything on the Blackberry buyout or going private! Apparently, the board is taking some serious demands into consideration and these things take time to come to FRUITION. lol

09-04-13 10:56 AM
    Soooooo, are we going to hit 11 anytime soon? lol.
    Eight cents away on TSX

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-04-13 10:56 AM
    This is true?

CPP has a big investment in BBRY too.
    Yup...true....they have money all over the world and it is a really small investment considering their size. Interesting though.

Posted via CB10

Edit: 118.6 million....
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 10:59 AM
    Only Samsung can afford a giant stage in the middle of Times Square.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-theverge1_1020.jpg
    09-04-13 11:01 AM
    Oh man, I forgot all about Samsung's event today. They are supposed to reveal the new Galaxy Note 3 today.

For those interested in watching their event (can compare to Blackberry Z30 release later), this link gives guidance.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09...-3-event-live/
    09-04-13 11:05 AM
    Yup...true....they have money all over the world and it is a really small investment considering their size. Interesting though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious because it's the Samsung SDS group that has the entire building.

They offer:

... consulting services (Business Strategy and Discrete IT and Network Consulting); technical services (Packaged and Customized Application Integration, Hardware and Software Implementation and Support, and IT Education); and outsourcing services (Business Process Outsourcing, Application and IT Infrastructure Outsourcing and Network Infrastructure Management)
    Sounds like their opening up a new division to deal with a potential BBRY partnership.
    The fastest man in the world's whole entourage is decked with BB10 devices. Maybe they should really consider a campaign with him! C'mon Frank!

Attachment 198473
    The Z30 should be called the "Bolt Sub10" or the "Bolt WR-OR"
    leafs123, sidhuk, lcjr and 3 others like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theverge1_1020.jpg 
Views:	886 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	198489
    Smart Watch launch?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 11:06 AM
    Oh man, I forgot all about Samsung's event today. They are supposed to reveal the new Galaxy Note 3 today.
    Yep, today at 1PM ET along with the watch.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 11:07 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theverge1_1020.jpg 
Views:	886 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	198489
    Blackberry really needs to photobomb (billboardbomb?) that event by taking over all the digital displays!
    09-04-13 11:09 AM
    For any options traders out there... implied vol talk as it relates to a potential takeout price. I'm sitting on a pretty wide iron condor (so i'm somewhat indifferent to price direction) that expires on 9/27 earning day. It's a theta (time decay) trade so as long as the stock bounces up and down i'll close on 9/26 to take ER out of play. There's a nugget towards the bottom for BBM prospects:

Sept. 4 (Bloomberg) -- The cost of bullish options on BlackBerry Ltd. fell from a record high, a sign that traders speculating on a takeover may be concerned the company will attract a smaller premium from potential acquirers.

Calls with an exercise price 10 percent above BlackBerry shares cost 1.1 points more than puts protecting against a 10 percent loss, according to one-month options data compiled by Bloomberg. That’s down from a record 4.63 points last week.
    BlackBerry dropped 14 percent this year as the company continues to lose market share to Apple Inc. and Google Inc.

Microsoft Corp. agreed to purchase Nokia Oyj’s mobile-phone business on Sept. 2 and license its patents for 5.44 billion euros ($7.2 billion) in a bid to bolster the two companies’ smartphone businesses. The company is paying about 0.35 times annual revenue, compared with the median of about 1.4 times for 60 wireless equipment-maker deals tracked by Bloomberg.
    BlackBerry’s strong presence in the enterprise market could still attract interest from Microsoft, according to people familiar with the deal who asked not to be identified.

“It’s probably too late in the game to expect a premium bid,” Alec Levine, an equity-derivatives strategist at Newedge Group SA in New York, said yesterday in an interview. “They are a shell of what they once were. They waited too long. People looking for an aggressively higher bid for BlackBerry are likely to be disappointed with the outcome.”

Implied Volatility

Implied volatility, used to gauge the cost of options, for BlackBerry contracts with an exercise price 10 percent above the stock jumped 55 percent to 74.2 since the beginning of August. The measure for puts 10 percent below climbed 57 percent to 73.2, data on one-month options compiled by Bloomberg show. Among the 10 contracts with the largest open interest, seven were bullish, according to the data. January $20 calls and October $20 calls, with an exercise price almost double yesterday’s closing price, were the ones with the largest ownership among bullish options.

Lisette Kwong, a spokeswoman for BlackBerry, declined to comment on the options trading. Microsoft’s Peter Wootton said the company doesn’t comment on market speculation.

Potential Sale

BlackBerry said Aug. 12 it would form a board committee to consider a potential sale, as well as joint ventures and partnerships, sending the stock up 10 percent and bullish options trading to an almost four-year high the following day, data compiled by Bloomberg show. The company has a sum-of-the- parts value of about $5.5 billion, about the same as its market value, Tim Long, an analyst at BMO Capital Markets in New York, said in a research report last month.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company’s advisers spent almost a year unsuccessfully canvassing potential buyers, two people with knowledge of the matter said last month. Bankers from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and RBC Capital Markets quietly contacted possible bidders and found little interest in buying the whole company, said the people, who asked not to be named because the talks were private.

BlackBerry has struggled to expand beyond keyboard phones, which are still popular among some lawyers and professionals but not as sought-after as Apple’s iPhone or devices based on Google’s Android operating system. The company in June reported a quarterly loss of 13 cents a share compared to the average analyst estimate for a profit of 8 cents a share. It shipped 2.7 million of its touchscreen BlackBerry 10 phones, nearly a million fewer than the analysts predicted.

Quarterly Losses

Analysts’ estimates show the company will report losses through 2016, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    BlackBerry will probably post a second-quarter loss of 15 cents a share excluding some items on Sept. 27, according to the average forecast in a Bloomberg survey.

Morgan Stanley, owner of the world’s largest brokerage, is holding off on upgrading its employees to BlackBerry 10 because of concerns that the company may not be around to back its platform long-term, two people with knowledge of the bank’s plans said last month. The debut of BlackBerry Messenger, the company’s free instant-messaging program, as a service available on iPhones and Android devices later this year should lure new users to the company’s software, according to Edward Zabitsky of Toronto- based ACI Research.

‘Three Friends’

“If you expect, like I do, that every BlackBerry user on average is going to drag along three friends, all of a sudden you’re going to have 200 million BBM users,” Zabitsky, who rates BlackBerry a strong buy with a $20 share-price target, said in a phone interview. “This is a catalyst to bring in a whole new group of investors into this stock.”

Microsoft could still acquire other pieces of the company, he said. BlackBerry may split into separate companies or spin off a division, which could drive the shares higher, according to Zabitsky. The stock rose 0.9 percent to $10.21 yesterday.
    Lenovo Group Ltd., based in Beijing, said in January it was assessing potential acquisition targets including BlackBerry.
    Lenovo Chief Executive Officer Yang Yuanqing declined to comment on his company’s interest in BlackBerry on Aug. 15.

The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index, the gauge of Standard & Poor’s 500 Index options prices known as the VIX, fell 4 percent to 15.95 at 11:36 a.m. in New York today. Its counterpart in Europe, the VStoxx Index, lost 4.2 percent to 22.09.

The number of bullish BlackBerry wagers has risen more than bearish ones in the past weeks. Call open interest gained 30 percent since the July expiration to 889,400, data compiled by Bloomberg show. That compares with a 6.7 percent increase to
    749,881 for put ownership.

“If those call buyers were looking for a significant upside move, they are likely rethinking that this morning as they digest the Nokia/Microsoft news,” Kurt Ayling, a New York- based media and technology analyst at Susquehanna Financial Group LLLP, said yesterday in an interview. His firm is a market maker in BlackBerry securities.
    09-04-13 11:13 AM
113,256 ... 18371838183918401841 ...