View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There is a reason for those posts concerning ignore...the mods actually suggested it months ago following the price melt after the Z launch but appears you didn't bread that far back. I'm So sick of that bias statement..
    Your a practice shrink now too.? If your not you are far from qualified to use that term.

Both sides are welcome...it's the snide drive by insults or their like that are not welcome and.challenged.

Confirmation bias is a term that got popularized in behavioral economics, not psychology. At least that's where I first learned about it.

I LOL'ed at the both sides are welcome thing. Thanks I needed that.
    09-03-13 10:57 PM
    All good? Most are below water. Some poor guy lost a small fortune.
    And yet.............. none of them went out and solicited or invited help from people who believe that BlackBerry is dead.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty convinced that this thread probably ranks very highly on some search engines, coz some of the dumbest people with no purpose whatsoever in life manage to land here and spread their wisdom too.
    09-03-13 10:57 PM
    [QUOTE=tiziano27;9114709]

You talk of how good investment is BBRY everyday and you aren't that 'pregnant' with the stock?

Do you realize that some of those guys that lost 'some of their family wealth' were influenced by your repetitive and biased posts?

Rejecting the bad news you are not helping them to recover, you are doing quite the opposite.

I suppose in your distorted reality Kevin and Chris are trolls with agenda that write articles with zero facts.
    Seriously speak for yourself. Yes a lot of long BBRY investors incurred financial lost one way or the other. you seriously need to stop speaking for others and pretend that you care. I'm not going to speak for others here but I make my own calls when it comes to investment, and I don't recall hiring a representative to speak for my loss.

And even if I did, your fired anyway.
    09-03-13 11:05 PM
    Confirmation bias is a term that got popularized in behavioral economics, not psychology. At least that's where I first learned about it.

I LOL'ed at the both sides are welcome thing. Thanks I needed that.
    Sorry...wrong:

Before psychological research on confirmation bias, the phenomenon had been observed anecdotally by writers, including the Greek historian Thucydides (c. 460BC? c. 395BC), Italian poet Dante Alighieri (1265?1321), English philosopher and scientist Francis Bacon (1561?1626),[50] and Russian author Leo Tolstoy (1828?1910). Thucydides, in The Peloponnesian War wrote: "?for it is a habit of mankind to entrust to careless hope what they long for, and to use sovereign reason to thrust aside what they do not fancy."[51] In the Divine Comedy, St. Thomas Aquinas cautions Dante when they meet in Paradise, "opinion?hasty?often can incline to the wrong side, and then affection for one's own opinion binds, confines the mind."[52] Bacon, in the Novum Organum, wrote,

The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion... draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects or despises, or else by some distinction sets aside or rejects[.][53]
    Bacon said that biased assessment of evidence drove "all superstitions, whether in astrology, dreams, omens, divine judgments or the like".[53] In his essay "What Is Art?", Tolstoy wrote,

I know that most men?not only those considered clever, but even those who are very clever, and capable of understanding most difficult scientific, mathematical, or philosophic problems?can very seldom discern even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as to oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions they have formed, perhaps with much difficulty?conclusions of which they are proud, which they have taught to others, and on which they have built their lives.[54]
    Wason's research on hypothesis-testing
    The term "confirmation bias" was coined by English psychologist Peter Wason.[55] For an experiment published in 1960, he challenged subjects to identify a rule applying to triples of numbers. At the outset, they were told that (2,4,6) fits the rule. Subjects could generate their own triples and the experimenter told them whether or not each triple conformed to the rule.[56][57]

While the actual rule was simply "any ascending sequence", the subjects had a great deal of difficulty in finding it, often announcing rules that were far more specific, such as "the middle number is the average of the first and last".[56] The subjects seemed to test only positive examples?triples that obeyed their hypothesized rule. For example, if they thought the rule was, "Each number is two greater than its predecessor", they would offer a triple that fit this rule, such as (11,13,15) rather than a triple that violates it, such as (11,12,19).[58]

Wason accepted falsificationism, according to which a scientific test of a hypothesis is a serious attempt to falsify it. He interpreted his results as showing a preference for confirmation over falsification, hence the term "confirmation bias".[Note 3][59] Wason also used confirmation bias to explain the results of his selection task experiment.[60] In this task, subjects are given partial information about a set of objects, and have to specify what further information they would need to tell whether or not a conditional rule ("If A, then B") applies. It has been found repeatedly that people perform badly on various forms of this test, in most cases ignoring information that could potentially refute the rule.[61][62]

Look...I wiki'd it

And isn't your come back kinda like saying drinking became populorized at your college party because that's when you became aware of it?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:08 PM
    No, and the reason is something called confirmation bias. Notice how on almost every page of this thread, there are people flaunting the fact that they put another person on ignore? Some brag about how long their lists are. As a consequence they only get to see alike minded ideas that confirm their own views. By choosing not to even look at contrary opinions, one will never be able to make balanced choices.
    Thank you for bringing this up.
    I will appreciate it if you can help me understand this better.
    It will involve a very small exercise in mathematics from your side.....

Please go through the thread and count the number of people who have talked about the ignore lists.
    Please compare it with the total number of followers of this thread (a rough estimate that you can come up with will suffice)
    Please present it as a percentage.

And will you confirm to us that your statement relies on this miniscule (I am assuming here, but you can certainly correct me) percentage that you come up with?

Isn't THIS is the kind of logic that gets people on ignore lists ? ? ?
    09-03-13 11:09 PM
    What happened to this once awesome thread... lol. Anyways, there def negatives against BB but through my research I do believe the positives outweigh the negs... Hence why I'm long term.
    09-03-13 11:16 PM
    That you for bringing this up.
    I will appreciate it if you can help me understand this better.
    It will involve a very small exercise in mathematics from your side.....

Please go through the thread and count the number of people who have talked about the ignore lists.
    Please compare it with the total number of followers of this thread (a rough estimate that you can come up with will suffice)
    Please present it as a percentage.

And will you confirm to us that your statement relies on this miniscule (I am assuming here, but you can certainly correct me) percentage that you come up with?

Isn't THIS is the kind of logic that gets people on ignore lists ? ? ?
    I'm afraid I've neither the interest not the energy to count posts. Perhaps you can do it since you're the one who came up with the idea?

By the way I never use ignore lists myself although I understand why some people need them. By not using ignore lists I get the good with the bad, the brilliant and the stupid, the grounded and the delusional, long and short, the sane and the crazy. The "bad" doesn't bother me because even those are entertaining. Actually they're the most entertaining.

But enough of this for me tonight , it's gone too far off topic for my taste.
    09-03-13 11:22 PM
    Sorry...wrong:

Before psychological research on confirmation bias, the phenomenon had been observed anecdotally by writers, including the Greek historian Thucydides (c. 460BC? c. 395BC), Italian poet Dante Alighieri (1265?1321), English philosopher and scientist Francis Bacon (1561?1626),[50] and Russian author Leo Tolstoy (1828?1910). Thucydides, in The Peloponnesian War wrote: "?for it is a habit of mankind to entrust to careless hope what they long for, and to use sovereign reason to thrust aside what they do not fancy."[51] In the Divine Comedy, St. Thomas Aquinas cautions Dante when they meet in Paradise, "opinion?hasty?often can incline to the wrong side, and then affection for one's own opinion binds, confines the mind."[52] Bacon, in the Novum Organum, wrote,

The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion... draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects or despises, or else by some distinction sets aside or rejects[.][53]
    Bacon said that biased assessment of evidence drove "all superstitions, whether in astrology, dreams, omens, divine judgments or the like".[53] In his essay "What Is Art?", Tolstoy wrote,

I know that most men?not only those considered clever, but even those who are very clever, and capable of understanding most difficult scientific, mathematical, or philosophic problems?can very seldom discern even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as to oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions they have formed, perhaps with much difficulty?conclusions of which they are proud, which they have taught to others, and on which they have built their lives.[54]
    Wason's research on hypothesis-testing
    The term "confirmation bias" was coined by English psychologist Peter Wason.[55] For an experiment published in 1960, he challenged subjects to identify a rule applying to triples of numbers. At the outset, they were told that (2,4,6) fits the rule. Subjects could generate their own triples and the experimenter told them whether or not each triple conformed to the rule.[56][57]

While the actual rule was simply "any ascending sequence", the subjects had a great deal of difficulty in finding it, often announcing rules that were far more specific, such as "the middle number is the average of the first and last".[56] The subjects seemed to test only positive examples?triples that obeyed their hypothesized rule. For example, if they thought the rule was, "Each number is two greater than its predecessor", they would offer a triple that fit this rule, such as (11,13,15) rather than a triple that violates it, such as (11,12,19).[58]

Wason accepted falsificationism, according to which a scientific test of a hypothesis is a serious attempt to falsify it. He interpreted his results as showing a preference for confirmation over falsification, hence the term "confirmation bias".[Note 3][59] Wason also used confirmation bias to explain the results of his selection task experiment.[60] In this task, subjects are given partial information about a set of objects, and have to specify what further information they would need to tell whether or not a conditional rule ("If A, then B") applies. It has been found repeatedly that people perform badly on various forms of this test, in most cases ignoring information that could potentially refute the rule.[61][62]

Look...I wiki'd it

And isn't your come back kinda like saying drinking became populorized at your college party because that's when you became aware of it?

Posted via CB10
    WTHeck man, thats an over kill, you didnt have to. Every body calm down now. LoL
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=NVPFVR
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    09-03-13 11:34 PM
    OK boys, let's stop the recreational time and go back to class.
    And if we have a wp BBM announce today, you will copy at least 100 times : "Sometimes even Clowns can be close to right, that's the beauty of it".

Now, let's have some action!

P.S: I have no superpowers, but if I hit the report button, my big brother will very likely come and show you the beauty of silence...
    Some of you need to chill and show some resistance to contrariant position/beliefs/stupidity.
    Thank you

Edit: bro's at work already. Thanks !

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-04-13 12:56 AM
    Then why the interest in posting on this thread when you don't have a stake? Whats the motivation?

I'm afraid I've neither the interest not the energy to count posts. Perhaps you can do it since you're the one who came up with the idea?

By the way I never use ignore lists myself although I understand why some people need them. By not using ignore lists I get the good with the bad, the brilliant and the stupid, the grounded and the delusional, long and short, the sane and the crazy. The "bad" doesn't bother me because even those are entertaining. Actually they're the most entertaining.

But enough of this for me tonight , it's gone too far off topic for my taste.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    09-04-13 01:16 AM

Edit: Thanks BergerKing, I thought the word I posted was going to have these ****** across it bwhah!
    Figured I'd use an old Redd Foxx substitute. I believe I saw someone using it a couple of days ago.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 02:15 AM
    Sad (But entertaining) to see bag-holders fooling themselves each time the Stock move against their bet or if a news is against BBRY... But Nothing is said when the stock lift on Nothings but Rumors... :P
    I can't believe you're naive.
    Of course there's an agenda, like it will be for any volatile/speculative stock.
    There's no conspiracy here, that's just the way it is. Anything is communication.
    Lack of communication IS communication (strategy).
    What you call news, I call rumor or speculation, until we have the figures or the signature at the page bottom.

I've been working with forums for over 15 years now. An I can see who is acting abnormaly, using discussion techniques and SEO selected wording. No matter, it's part of the game. Just a little awareness.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-04-13 at 02:44 AM.
    09-04-13 02:33 AM
    What happened to this once awesome thread... lol.
    CKjerkoff & notrealboy, not wanted or invited!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 05:54 AM
    Good morning gang.
    FWIW, we are up 1.96 % so far.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, cjcampbell, bkupris and 7 others like this.
    09-04-13 05:55 AM
    FWIW . . . . . .

I take great pride in my lengthy ignore list!!!! It is a special, ill mannered, social deviant that makes this list.

If you don't like it . . . . . . leave! Very simple.

At this point in my life I have enough experience and money that I don't have to listen to shallow, evil, mean bullies.

Egos, my grey shaded friends, are a very dangerous thing.

Vultures, Buzzards and Trolls . . . . . be gone!
    09-04-13 06:24 AM
    Ignore lists are for those who can not handle the truth.

The ignore function was suggested to be used because some members lacked control.
    09-04-13 06:45 AM
    Ignore lists are for those who can not handle the truth.

The ignore function was suggested to be used because some members lacked control.
    So you are saying that everyone here is telling the truth in a polite manner with no hidden agenda ?

I doubt that.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-04-13 06:51 AM
    So you are saying that everyone here is telling the truth in a polite manner with no hidden agenda ?

I doubt that.

No, but I would rather hear ALL sides, good and bad, than ignore who I did not agree with and brag about it!

I agree people have different views but if you ignore all that does not share your view . . . . .
    09-04-13 06:55 AM
    Then why the interest in posting on this thread when you don't have a stake? Whats the motivation?
    Exactly !
    Thanks !
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 06:56 AM
    Who would that be?

Posted via CB10
    Read.
    09-04-13 06:56 AM
    Two faced Trolls are the very worst!!!
    Jahcure, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    09-04-13 07:01 AM
    No, but I would rather hear ALL sides, good and bad, than ignore who I did not agree with and brag about it!

I agree people have different views but if you ignore all that does not share your view . . . . .
    Sure, but some posters provide zero value with comments like "MS didn't stick to its plan" and such just to kick people when they are down. There really is no reason to read that kind of junk. I believe that you are mistaken to assume that people ignore because they can't handle the truth. I think that most of the ignored posts had no truth or value.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:07 AM

It's not the view that gets people on ignore lists, it's the delivery of that view that does it.
    09-04-13 07:08 AM
    News from the world of entertainment....

Alison Pill Blames Her Blackberry For Tweeting Her Topless Pic

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/09/ali...g-topless-pic/

m1a1mg and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 07:17 AM

OK, if you agree that not everyone is being polite and telling the truth, then logically some people are lying and are mean. I choose to ignore them

rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 07:19 AM
113,250 ... 18341835183618371838 ...