View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    [QUOTE=greyw0lf01;9113753]Morgan,

The last time we had differing opinions you disappeared from the conversation (& I wound up on people's ignore list) so i'm not going to get into a tiff with you.

When you came to the board, the stock had just plunged on Q1 news, you proceeded to insult CB members with ignorant comments, ... and bashing their paper losses. You were put on ignore because of your piggish comments and not anything I said to you.

I gather that you're very pregnant on BBRY and need ..............
    You would be totally wrong.

My skepticism stems from Snr. Mgmt not batting down rumours (the way they did earlier this year) or putting a strong foot forward so the press wouldn't even consider putting out such stories.
    You have bashed the company from the day you got here telling us all that it was headed below $ 8.00/shr on a daily basis. That's an agenda in my view, it has nothing to do with your excuses today.

As for farmers not buying phones, i think you're a slight bit off.
    Who cares, you prefer to bash BlackBerry by using troll articles that make claims with zero facts. Then you support the article itself saying there were "executives from Canada" so it must be factual. What a load of nonsense.

You don't recieve much attention on this board because you have insulted too many holders and supporters of BlackBerry stock. Again, this thread is for holders of BlackBerry stock, how can this theme be any simpler? Show some respect for those among us who have lost some of their family wealth for god's sake man. Some posters are really hurting from this investment and don't need to read nonsense all day from you.
    09-03-13 06:59 PM
    Sooooo..... after hours and off topic. I hold a simple little small cap stock ZMS and am wondering what the likes of Jlagoon and Morgan think of it. From what I see, it could be over bought for a while but news is pending and could push it back down. The great thing is, is that the news can only take it down marginally based on the recent events and deals but I'm wondering what the upside is, and the down. My own opinion, based on no news, is a low of 60 but a high of 74 come weeks end.. (these are cents, not dollars).

EDIT - Oh... and I personally, so don't take this a gospel or advice, see this in doubled or tripled within weeks to a month.. and a bit.
    m0de25 and lcjr like this.
    09-03-13 07:49 PM
    CNBC Fast Money debate BBRY in Bull vs. Bear:

Debate It: Bull vs. bear on BlackBerry - CNBC

It's all about enterprise business, secure network, and patent portfolio
    Shanerredflag, m0de25 and JLagoon like this.
    09-03-13 07:54 PM
    Well, Bloombergs 'People familiar with ....' also have this to say:

Microsoft's (MSFT) is still "keeping an eye" on BlackBerry (BBRY), which could be attractive to Microsoft because of its strong presence in the enterprise market, despite just closing a deal to acquire Nokia's (NOK) mobile handset business, reports Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the deal.

Microsoft still eyeing BlackBerry, Bloomberg says - Yahoo! Finance
    Somebody's been listening to SuperFly. They took the words right out of his mouth.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:29 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9114230]
    Morgan,

The last time we had differing opinions you disappeared from the conversation (& I wound up on people's ignore list) so i'm not going to get into a tiff with you.

When you came to the board, the stock had just plunged on Q1 news, you proceeded to insult CB members with ignorant comments, ... and bashing their paper losses. You were put on ignore because of your piggish comments and not anything I said to you.

My skepticism stems from Snr. Mgmt not batting down rumours (the way they did earlier this year) or putting a strong foot forward so the press wouldn't even consider putting out such stories.
    You have bashed the company from the day you got here telling us all that it was headed below $ 8.00/shr on a daily basis. That's an agenda in my view, it has nothing to do with your excuses today.

Who cares, you prefer to bash BlackBerry by using troll articles that make claims with zero facts. Then you support the article itself saying there were "executives from Canada" so it must be factual. What a load of nonsense.

You don't recieve much attention on this board because you have insulted too many holders and supporters of BlackBerry stock. Again, this thread is for holders of BlackBerry stock, how can this theme be any simpler? Show some respect for those among us who have lost some of their family wealth for god's sake man. Some posters are really hurting from this investment and don't need to read nonsense all day from you.

You talk of how good investment is BBRY everyday and you aren't that 'pregnant' with the stock?

Do you realize that some of those guys that lost 'some of their family wealth' were influenced by your repetitive and biased posts?

Rejecting the bad news you are not helping them to recover, you are doing quite the opposite.

I suppose in your distorted reality Kevin and Chris are trolls with agenda that write articles with zero facts.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-03-13 08:59 PM
    [QUOTE=tiziano27;9114709]

You talk of how good investment is BBRY everyday and you aren't that 'pregnant' with the stock?

Do you realize that some of those guys that lost 'some of their family wealth' were influenced by your repetitive and biased posts?

Rejecting the bad news you are not helping them to recover, you are doing quite the opposite.

I suppose in your distorted reality Kevin and Chris are trolls with agenda that write articles with zero facts.
    Have you read the disclaimer on here...have you read and understood any of the 100's of warnings that its real money and to only invest based on your own research?

Apparently not...I don't know of a single person who buys stock from a BlackBerry fan site...we discus things here and we are pro BlackBerry.

The exit is over there....

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:08 PM
    I hope this stock shoots to 100 not only b/c most of us will be rich, but b/c we'll stop hearing from the trolls lol.
    09-03-13 09:08 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9114230]
    Morgan,

Morgan,

I was trying to dial back our skirmishes, not inflame it.

I believe I said support was in the $8.20/30 level and posted charts to that effect.
    I also went long the name again when it broke out above the descending triangle stating that it was a highly speculative play.
    I sold when mgmt wasn't responsive to the constant stream of negative news because as a shareholder i wasn't comfortable with the level of silence from the C suite.
    I understand that people are hurting from their investments, BBRY is now a speculative name even if it didn't start out as one. Some people have a plan, some don't. You provide a very optimistic view of any news, I merely share what I come across, good, bad or otherwise. Whenever someone is on the fence about selling or overwhelming bad news gets released, your ride in with words of encouragement to hold the fort because... well who knows? My only conclusion is when someone on a message board is this defensive on a name, something else is usually at play. I'll stick by my prior comments, but again this is the internet, anonymity reigns supreme and so do lies.

I was regrettably brash when I started posting here but certainly dialed it back to try and become a part of the fold... if people still view me that way then i'll continue to work on it.

As for my direct rebuke of your farmers not buying Q10, duh comment... I would have expected a bit more in discourse. The executive from Canada comment was lifted directly from an article from an institution with more credibility than anyone here... the WSJ. If they're lying or making stuff up, then you sir are lying and making stuff up as well.
    09-03-13 09:14 PM

Ding ding ding... another one rings the bell.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-03-13 09:22 PM
    Where is that chair?

Found it.

Beer?

Check.

Now to sit and watch devolution.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-03-13 09:37 PM
    Interesting:

It amazes me the people on this thread who are so bullish on BBRY, but don't actually own the stock. Like I do.
    09-03-13 09:56 PM

LoL, wow. Morgans got the power. But that was Morgan Freeman who played The God in few movies. May be it is in the name Morgan.
    When i purchased blackberry, i didnt know Morgan,
    When i got my first Job I didnt know Morgan.
    When i Made my first Million, I didnt know Morgan.
    When i lost first Million I didnt know Morgan.
    When i retired at the age of 42, i didnt know Morgan.
    How ever, because of Morgan, i learned how to read a stock chart (and still learning) which opened up my eyes and it is an extra tool for me when i look at any stock now. To me he is an important asset to this thread and I for one, Value his opinion. If you have any productive talk or knowledge to add then please do so rather than making fun of other people's decisions.
    09-03-13 10:04 PM

I believe that we all have some influence on each other here, including discouraging people from using their credit cards to buy stocks and not to use money that they can't afford to lose. Possibility of downside is real, so is upside. We are not kids here.

My question to you is do you have evidence to support your above allegation?
    As with your allegation, no one is rejecting negative news, we are rejecting unsupported claims.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:17 PM
    Interesting:

It amazes me the people on this thread who are so bullish on BBRY, but don't actually own the stock. Like I do.
    Who would that be?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-03-13 10:20 PM
    You cannot claim that people here are not influenced in their buying decisions by relentlessly positive analysis...

If you simultaneously believe that the market is influenced by the negative articles and analysis put up by the "shorts"

You can't believe just one and not the other. They are two sides of the same coin.
    09-03-13 10:30 PM
    You cannot claim that people here are not influenced in their buying decisions by relentlessly positive analysis...

If you simultaneously believe that the market is influenced by the negative articles and analysis put up by the "shorts"

You can't believe just one and not the other. They are two sides of the same coin.
    Who is claiming that?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:34 PM

Then don't buy and don't pay attention. Do you feel that you need to protect anyone? Get past it. We're all good.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:36 PM

The people that would be influenced by relentless positive analysis would also be influenced by relentless negative media stories.

So in the end, wouldn't it balance out and help them make well-balanced choices?

09-03-13 10:38 PM
    Who is claiming that?

Posted via CB10
    Post 45680 for one. Anyone who posts the disclaimer/warning and actually believes that it is followed 100 prevent of the time.
    09-03-13 10:40 PM
    Then don't buy and don't pay attention. Do you feel that you need to protect anyone? Get past it. We're all good.
    All good? Most are below water. Some poor guy lost a small fortune.
    09-03-13 10:41 PM
    Seems to me this is one of the last positive bastions of positive...also occurs to me there are some hell bent on destroying that positive vibe.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:42 PM
    So you are here to save them?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:46 PM
    Yup and the hedge funds and wall street really care too....please. How can you say most are below water? Seems to me maybe a dozen folks ever discussed their positions here....maybe a dozen and half.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:46 PM
    The people that would be influenced by relentless positive analysis would also be influenced by relentless negative media stories.

So in the end, wouldn't it balance out and help them make well-balanced choices?

No, and the reason is something called confirmation bias. Notice how on almost every page of this thread, there are people flaunting the fact that they put another person on ignore? Some brag about how long their lists are. As a consequence they only get to see alike minded ideas that confirm their own views. By choosing not to even look at contrary opinions, one will never be able to make balanced choices.
    anon(4086547) and dusdal like this.
    09-03-13 10:47 PM
    There is a reason for those posts concerning ignore...the mods actually suggested it months ago following the price melt after the Z launch but appears you didn't read that far back. I'm So sick of that bias statement..
    Your a practicing shrink now too.? If your not you are far from qualified to use that term.

Both sides are welcome...it's the snide drive by insults or their like that are not welcome and.challenged.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:52 PM
113,256 ... 18331834183518361837 ...