View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey, dont shoot the messenger. We can only rely on our best estimate. We are all wrong sometimes...
    oh, spending the Long Weekend reading my posts? hope you enjoyed it
    09-01-13 11:46 PM
    I really hope BB makes some sort of push into China. Looks like the US is almost a loss cause except for BES10 and BBM... Not sure really what TH has in mind for that market. Don't worry folks, we just need two back to back quarters of profitability and I think the company will be stable! I'm thinking Dec we start to turn around.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-02-13 12:51 AM
    I'm referring to the $100 Z10 for your closest 10 friends and family deal for employees deal. Just like the $100 Surface RT's Microsoft gave away to TechEd attendees it heralds a massive write-down.
    Not sure it'll be write down, most likely "employee advantage in nature", at least for the employees.
    Would be so in FR, not sure yet for Canada.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-13 01:49 AM
    The $400 is based on value after manufacturing, which should be about 40% above the manufacturing cost ie build cost of $290+40% margin.
    You can work out the COGS per unit from the 10Q filings if you assume that the BB7 COGS hasn't changed dramatically vs. last quarter. It comes out to around $340 per BB10 (Z10 and Q10) units, although that includes about $40-$50 in marketing costs that are captured in COGS (stuff such as dealer and salesperson incentives). So the actual value of units for inventory purposes is around $290-300.
    bungaboy, danprown, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-02-13 01:54 AM
    I thought this was a good read. I agree with the writer and I must add, that Time isn't in their favour aswell. It's not even been a year and carriers such as T-Mobile reportedly giving BlackBerry the middle finger? Disgrace. If that's the case, WP should have been long gone 2 years ago. The more and more I hear about BlackBerry dying and etc, the more I want them to act on it and either sell or go private. I don't think licensing will do much. I can hear it now "Ooo, why would you want a BB10 phone from anyone anyway? Ewww - Party girl A, ****** bag boy B
    The "Death of BlackBerry": A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy? - N4BB
    09-02-13 04:26 AM
    I thought this was a good read. I agree with the writer and I must add, that Time isn't in their favour aswell. It's not even been a year and carriers such as T-Mobile reportedly giving BlackBerry the middle finger? Disgrace. If that's the case, WP should have been long gone 2 years ago. The more and more I hear about BlackBerry dying and etc, the more I want them to act on it and either sell or go private. I don't think licensing will do much. I can hear it now "Ooo, why would you want a BB10 phone from anyone anyway? Ewww - Party girl A, ****** bag boy B
    The "Death of BlackBerry": A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy? - N4BB
    BlackBerry biggest issue by far is perception. It’s hard to find a company that is perceived worse than them. Even BP, who accidentally let hundreds of millions of litres spill into the Gulf of Mexico appears squeaky clean in comparison.

You know you live in a ****ed up world when this statement is true.
    09-02-13 04:54 AM
    09-02-13 05:18 AM
    BlackBerry biggest issue by far is perception. It’s hard to find a company that is perceived worse than them. Even BP, who accidentally let hundreds of millions of litres spill into the Gulf of Mexico appears squeaky clean in comparison.

People are sheep.

If the media shouts at them loud and long enough that BlackBerry is an evil monster that eats babies, soon enough you'll see people picking up torches and pitchforks to storm Waterloo Castle.

Consider it a variation on Stockholm Syndrome.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    09-02-13 06:51 AM
    BlackBerry biggest issue by far is perception. It�s hard to find a company that is perceived worse than them. Even BP, who accidentally let hundreds of millions of litres spill into the Gulf of Mexico appears squeaky clean in comparison.

That was just the blogger's opinion and I doubt very much that it is shared by the general public. I think that as a fan, people get overly sensitive to the slights thrown by the media and this leads to a feeling of persecution.
    09-02-13 06:51 AM
    Hmmmm... FrankenHeins...

Must... resist... urge to... photoshop....
    09-02-13 06:59 AM
    Hmmmm... FrankenHeins...

Must... resist... urge to... photoshop....
    Where is Heins? When was the last time we heard from him?
    danprown likes this.
    09-02-13 07:05 AM
    Where is Heins? When was the last time we heard from him?
    My guess? Laying low on vacation until the ER.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-13 07:08 AM
    The numbers from France, UK, Spain and Mexico really worry me. Seems to have no traction at all. That is surprising and a little scary.

More cowbell SF!!!!!!
    09-02-13 07:20 AM
    The numbers from France, UK, Spain and Mexico really worry me. Seems to have no traction at all. That is surprising and a little scary.

More cowbell SF!!!!!!
    Worse when you consider that the combined BB07 and BB10 share, so there could be a lot of low priced curves in there.
    09-02-13 07:27 AM
    Found some quick interwebs before we head out.

Can someone do the Kantar figures against last month?

Of course they are terrible YoY.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-02-13 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why? Nobody does that because it doesn't compare like with like because of seasonal variation - It's a bit of a desperate gambit isn't it? What next, arguing about rounding errors?
    09-02-13 08:03 AM
    Why? Nobody does that because it doesn't compare like with like because of seasonal variation - It's a bit of a desperate gambit isn't it? What next, arguing about rounding errors?
    Because a declining trend was noted leading into this year and the numbers may have dipped even lower before hitting these levels.

It's all about context.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    09-02-13 08:17 AM
    Numbers are looking awful because of the time frame...no new device for over two years and the Z has only been out since Feb...May for allot of markets. Let's beat the FUD drum boys!!!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    09-02-13 08:21 AM
    Numbers are looking awful because of the time frame...no new device for over two years and the Z has only been out since Feb...May for allot of markets. Let's beat the FUD drum boys!!!

Posted via CB10

This isn't a fine wine we are discussing.
    09-02-13 08:22 AM
    This isn't a fine wine we are discussing.
    But the Kantar figures think it is....lets look month over month then and see what they "suggest".

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    ---------------May--Jun---Jul
    Ger----------0.5--0.5---0.8
    GB----------5.3--4.1---3.5
    FR----------2.9--2.4---3.7
    IT------------2.7--2.5---2.8
    Spain-------0.1--0.4---0.7
    USA--------0.7--1.1--1.2
    China------0.2--0.1---0.1
    Au----------0.4--0.3---0.3
    Mexico-----11.3-11.4--10.0
    EU5-------2.5--2.2---2.4

Some sign of recovery, but those UK numbers sure looks grim.
    cgk, georg22, bondary and 8 others like this.
    09-02-13 08:25 AM
    The problem is perception, that's a fact...the only thing BB10 is missing is apps and that only matters for a certain segment of buyer. Price keeps it away from another segment but that's life...Most people drive mid size cars too, wishing they could have a 9 series BMW .

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-02-13 08:30 AM
    ---------------May--Jun---Jul
    Ger----------0.5--0.5---0.8
    GB----------5.3--4.1---3.5
    FR----------2.9--2.4---3.7
    IT------------2.7--2.5---2.8
    Spain-------0.1--0.4---0.7
    USA--------0.7--1.1--1.2
    China------0.2--0.1---0.1
    Au----------0.4--0.3---0.3
    Mexico-----11.3-11.4--10.0
    EU5-------2.5--2.2---2.4

Some sign of recovery, but those UK numbers sure looks grim.
    Thanks for doing this...UK is a very price concious market and I would think the loss of BIS is beginning to show a backlash there...I think allot of folks are pretty upset about that.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:41 AM
    In the absence of the American Market, world stocks rally.
    09-02-13 08:42 AM
    Thanks for doing this...UK is a very price concious market and I would think the loss of BIS is beginning to show a backlash there...I think allot of folks are pretty upset about that.

Posted via CB10
    There isn't actual a loss of BIS - you can either afford a BB10 device and therefore don't care about BIS (leaving aside security stuff, because you can get unlimited data for little more than �12 a month) or you can't and you buy a cheapo curve if you want to buy BBRY and BIS still exists for that...

BIS in a market like the UK where data is so cheap isn't going to be a particularly big consideration eitherway...
    09-02-13 08:48 AM
113,256 ... 18211822182318241825 ...