Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi all,
    Hit me first but we're way OT !

That's fine because it's the WE... but hopefully it should not last after tomorrow

No kidding that's my Q10 boss !
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-31-13 01:29 PM
    With iMessage, you can use email. Not phone number. It �s up to you.
    Cool but that's another form of contact that I don't readily give out.
    08-31-13 01:36 PM
    Make $377,000 trading Apple in one day - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet

A study that reinforces a point I made earlier about how high frequency trading chews up the poor individual trader, even those who rely on pretty charts that are long out of date from the point of view of the algorithms.
    a 15 second or even a one minute advantage does not really change anything on a daily or weekly chart. if you try to compete with the machines on a very short time frame, yes then you have a problem.
    08-31-13 02:36 PM
    I believe BBID will be the key here. Will it be overlapped with a PIN-like alias (for non BlackBerry devices) or using the id as such is still a mystery. But I do hope we won't provide any personal information.

bungaboy likes this.
    08-31-13 03:42 PM
    No iGasm for you then.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-31-13 03:45 PM
    Can't say I've seen this happen before.

BergerKing likes this.
    08-31-13 05:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yAXH18W.png
    Stick with us and you'll be rich and famous.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and BergerKing like this.
    08-31-13 05:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yAXH18W.png
    Nice, congrats
    Warning: you have... fans !!!

BergerKing likes this.
    08-31-13 05:52 PM

Just for the fun if it.
    08-31-13 07:10 PM
    Stick with us and you'll be rich and famous.

Posted via CB10
    Egos, sometimes, can be a dangerous thing.
    08-31-13 08:02 PM
    Egos, sometimes, can be a dangerous thing.
    Agree...
    08-31-13 08:19 PM
    TH has been hella quiet as of late... What the heck is going on behind the scenes... As a shareholder I want some news/updates on going private, sales figures, or anything before the next ER which is less than a month away.
    BergerKing, Elite1 and Chris2J like this.
    08-31-13 08:24 PM
    TH has been hella quiet as of late... What the heck is going on behind the scenes... As a shareholder I want some news/updates on going private, sales figures, or anything before the next ER which is less than a month away.
    Don't recall getting much in the past. Manage the expectations. :-)
    Bugmapper, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    08-31-13 08:30 PM
    Either they give us some info the next week or I'm out. Blackberry seems to be helpless at the moment and media seems to be ready for the final attack. They have to announce something or this won't lead to a good end. I have to admit that I am pessimistic for the first time.
    Maybe someone has something to encourage me
    Anyway, just came from fishing an looking forward to a big meal this evening...
    09-01-13 04:00 AM

Just for the fun if it.
    I believe this is my favorite movie ever, guess who is Thor and who is Frank ? (skip the first screens with names)

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy, Chris2J and BergerKing like this.
    09-01-13 04:10 AM
    Either they give us some info the next week or I'm out. Blackberry seems to be helpless at the moment and media seems to be ready for the final attack. They have to announce something or this won't lead to a good end. I have to admit that I am pessimistic for the first time.
    Maybe someone has something to encourage me
    Anyway, just came from fishing an looking forward to a big meal this evening...
    Anything they've done was different and didn't compare to usual strategy. Keeping their mouth shut is part of it. So far it costs the SP shake and plunge, but it may turn to be a strategy because they HAD to keep it low to favorise whatever "option" they (already IMHO) decide(d) to apply.
    The above (and PK's) movie is reflecting this kind of strategy: do not unveil anything until "it's time".
    Oh, where did I read this ?

Stay calm. Patience is a vertue.

Edit: something is remarkable about this trailer: it exposes the end. But when you watch the entire movie, you're not able to figure the order of the events... nor their real meaning... that's the beauty of this scenario.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    09-01-13 04:18 AM
    So the quarter has ended - what do you expect to happen at the next EC?
    09-01-13 04:29 AM
    Negative EPS,subscribers lost and deceptive sales numbers. Whatever the reality is. This is What we are going to read, either as a "jack you're dead " theme, or as the justification of their "option" choice.

Let's keep our expectations where they have to be: no miracle expected.
    In the meantime, I'll be very focused on everything related to entreprises, notably BES10 (10.2 announcement ? ) and probably the firsts sales figures in this area.
    Also want to ear about where the "massive investment" (cut in the cash) went so far. My bet is incentives for Enterprises.

I'm not sure we'll have news from the committee before this September E.R, more likely just after, maybe as a conclusion of TH commentaries...
    And that's what I'm waiting for: the big picture.

Remember the bird story in "my name is nobody ? "
    Once there was a little bird who fell out of his next. He got really cold sitting there on the ground so he started to peep, "PEEP, PEEP, PEEP!"

A cow heard his cries and came over. Seeing the shivering bird the cow turn around and plopped a huge cow pattie on top of the little bird.

Now the little bird was warm and that made him happy so he started to peep again, very loudly & happily, "PEEP, PEEP, PEEP!"

A coyote was passing by and heard the loud singing. He came over and with his paw, scooped the birdie out, cleaned all the **** off him and popped him in his mouth! GULP!

The moral? Not everyone who sh*ts on you is your enemy and not everyone who pulls you out is your friend. So when your happy neck deep in sh*t, it's best to keep your mouth shut.
    #Moooooh

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-01-13 at 05:06 AM.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    09-01-13 04:42 AM
    No cell coverage where I'm going...
    Have a great Sunday guys and gals!

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    BergerKing and Bugmapper like this.
    09-01-13 05:43 AM
    Negative EPS,subscribers lost and deceptive sales numbers.
    Well you wont hear subscriber loss, as they are no longer reporting that.

Given that they are selling up to 10 BB Z10's for $100 unlocked to employees their biggest news may be an inventory write down for that handset.

And stung by poor sales of the Z10, carriers and retailers may have ordered very few BB Q10 handsets, leading to total shipment numbers even lower than last ER, which I think will be perceived as a major disaster.
    09-01-13 05:49 AM
    The q10 is more important than the Z this quarter - if sales of that are poor it might be taken as a sign that they have lost core business community. The other big warning sign is if Heins tries to fudge numbers around BES take-up.

Not sure we will see writedown on z10 - if we did surely Heins would be out? What is left of his credibility would be gone.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 06:17 AM
    Not sure we will see writedown on z10 - if we did surely Heins would be out? What is left of his credibility would be gone.
    Given that they are selling the handsets well below cost I think it is almost inevitable that they will incur some kind of charge. The only question is how big.

Lets see - probably around 4-5 million Z10s manufactured ( 2 million per month until they cut production) and likely much less (say 3 million) sold with a "value" of $400 each, cut to $100 each, may mean $300 million in inventory write down.
    09-01-13 06:27 AM
    That is a good point - I guess we will wait and see.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-01-13 06:51 AM
    This is my program for today...
    Less invasive I'll be !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000942.jpg

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-01-13 06:57 AM
    More buying opportunities !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-01-13 07:29 AM
113,250 ... 18191820182118221823 ...