View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You get 12 in a 24 hour cycle.
    wow, that's cheap; barerly enough - sometimes - just to thank you and the mods team !
    08-30-13 05:27 PM
    As I sit here having my Friday beers, I'm playing with the charts. I've heard from some say that we're in the second half of a cup and handle pattern but I just can't see it coming to fruition. From what I have read, and watched, it just doesn't add up. What I see is a bull flag that is cycling down but should move out of it on Wednesday or Thursday.... ish. I think the extreme low is in the 9.80's or high 70's but the uptrend should stop that in the 90's. I also see break out of the flag to be in the high 10.20's to low 30's. Now... let's see what transpires shall we

DISCLAIMER..... I'm not sober, educated in this, nor have a clue what I've talking about. DO NOT take my take as any sort of advice or realistic view as to what will, or should, happen.
    I dunno much about charts either. What I do know is that if JLagoon and Morgan8 happen to notice that Dic_ and Bal_s formation building just before the next ER, for all our sakes, let us know! We gotta sell and run tell its over.
    08-30-13 05:28 PM
    wow, that's cheap; barerly enough - sometimes - just to thank you and the mods team !
    bungaboy, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-13 05:29 PM
    BlackBerry was counting on its QWERTY keyboard Q10 released in May to save the day. US reports say otherwise, but what about Australia?
    BlackBerry has several market segments – consumer, telco, and enterprise. According to a very nervous Blackberry Australia representative, enterprise sales have been strongest where deals have been done to keep current users in the family. He added that it was too early to gauge sales success.

I asked telco’s Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone - for comment and got none. A terse reply from one was that existing BlackBerry users were the main buyers and they remained supportive and hopeful.

A Telstra franchisee was most helpful. “We don’t get a lot of large corporate clients (100+ handsets) but we do have quite a lot of 20-100 handset clients because of our location. They have not been buying the Z10 or Q10. Or the iPhone either because of the rumoured new models. When a contract is up - as so many BlackBerry contracts are - Windows Phones are very popular as replacements. We cannot sell Android into corporates,” she said.

In more casual conversation with an Optus store, a sales rep stated consumer sales had been almost nil and genuine corporate buyers preferred the entry level Nokia Lumia 520 for staff and the 625 (4G, 4.5”) for executives.

I spoke to a Harvey Norman franchisee with a strong corporate base. “Mate, the white Q10 is exclusive to us. Supply has been delayed to 5 September but there is no interest, no one rushing in to buy one. The black one is gathering dust and we will probably ship these back soon,” he said.

Mobicity that sells a parallel imported Q10 for $650 (about $38 cheaper than HN) had a similar story – initial interest had not resulted in sales. When asked what was popular for corporates the response was “If money is not an issue the S4 at about $100 more and for corporates with networks the Lumia 520 (around $200) and 4G 625 (around $380).

In the U.S., Chris Jourdan, owner of 16 Wireless Zone stores that sell Verizon Wireless products, said its stores only ordered a few Q10s, and the ones that actually did sell were returned (no reason given).

Jeff Trachsel, chief marketing officer at used electronics buyer NextWorth, said neither the Z10 nor Q10 launches sparked mass trade-ins. Usually when a new phone comes out, people will trade their old BlackBerrys for the upgrade, but he said the number of people running in to trade for the new BlackBerrys was low.

BlackBerry remains hopeful. It recently said that 60% of Fortune 500 companies are testing its new phones.

Opinion

Banking on the QWERTY keyboard to turn sales around was a big gamble – demand for an expensive handset is not driven by this.

It does not help BlackBerry’s admirable cause that almost all analysts are writing about BleakBerry’s future (pun intended). While most articles have a sympathetic and even encouraging tone, it is widely suggested that this is BlackBerry’s last chance.

And it seems Windows Phone, not iPhone or Android is taking up the niche BlackBerry leaves.
    http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/m...-looking-bleak

Not seen this posted yet. Seems BB's Q10 demand problems extend beyond the US.
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-30-13 05:30 PM
    I dunno much about charts either. What I do know is that if JLagoon and Morgan8 happen to notice that Dic_ and Bal_s formation building just before the next ER, for all our sakes, let us know! We gotta sell and run tell its over.
    I'm sure the "back door" escape will be announced in time....
    08-30-13 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry Q10 sales looking bleak

Not seen this posted yet. Seems BB's Q10 demand problems extend beyond the US.
    BB has been struggling in Australia for a while now. Not exactly one of their stronger markets nor an influential one. Thanks for the link though.
    08-30-13 05:34 PM
    As I sit here having my Friday beers, I'm playing with the charts. I've heard from some say that we're in the second half of a cup and handle pattern but I just can't see it coming to fruition. From what I have read, and watched, it just doesn't add up. What I see is a bull flag that is cycling down but should move out of it on Wednesday or Thursday.... ish. I think the extreme low is in the 9.80's or high 70's but the uptrend should stop that in the 90's. I also see break out of the flag to be in the high 10.20's to low 30's. Now... let's see what transpires shall we

DISCLAIMER..... I'm not sober, educated in this, nor have a clue what I've talking about. DO NOT take my take as any sort of advice or realistic view as to what will, or should, happen.
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing about the cup and handle... that looks like it has passed to me.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-30-13 05:37 PM
    I hope they can give me something soon, I want to buy shares right now but I'm nervous. I bought facebook stock when it was at $18 and now it's $40. I want to see BlackBerry do the same

Via REAL keyboard Q10 or Badass HTC one
    Randeman, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-13 05:54 PM
    Corsica ros�, this time

Posted via CB10
    I remember drinking beaucoup amounts of "vin de table" and "vin d' ordinaire" for about $0.75/litre when I was I Corsica. (Well actually I don't remember all that much. LoL)

But I did buy a really nice stiletto and some neat cork covered pottery when I was there. And I still have them.

I tried to barter a Gendarme's chapeau but no luck. LoL
    08-30-13 05:58 PM
    I remember drinking beaucoup amounts of "vin de table" and "vin d' ordinaire" for about $0.75/litre when I was I Corsica. (Well actually I don't remember all that much. LoL)

But I did buy a really nice stiletto and some neat cork covered pottery when I was there. And I still have them.

I tried to barter a Gendarme's chapeau but no luck. LoL
    LMAO..... Really?
    08-30-13 06:01 PM
    And always remember (at least when I was younger they told me this). . . . 15 will get ya 20!
    08-30-13 06:18 PM
    This thread is fundamentally flawed in that it equates buying stock with supporting the company when such an action is a symbolic gesture at best.
    I guess I disagree with this premise, but I'm relatively new here. The thread title is "I support BBRY >AND< I buy shares. It's not I support BBRY so I buy shares, or I support BBRY because I buy shares. I don't feel the thread title equates the two actions, it simply is an invitation, for those of us who do both, to join in on the conversation. Capisce?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-30-13 06:24 PM
    Seeing as it's Friday night, can anyone else here give an opinion on a small cap stock? ZMS..... The chart, in my opinion, looks very strong awaiting the news from the hearing and the forward fundamentals look decent(current, not so much). Any opinions?
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 08-30-13 at 06:37 PM.
    08-30-13 06:25 PM
    LMAO..... Really?
    Yup! Really. No ish!
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-13 06:37 PM
    Yup! Really. No ish!
    So do you soak that cork while in the stilettos?
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-30-13 06:46 PM
    I guess I disagree with this premise, but I'm relatively new here. The thread title is "I support BBRY >AND< I buy shares. It's not I support BBRY so I buy shares, or I support BBRY because I buy shares. I don't feel the thread title equates the two actions, it simply is an invitation, for those of us who do both, to join in on the conversation. Capisce?

Thanks for typing my thoughts out!
    08-30-13 06:56 PM
    So do you soak that cork while in the stilettos?
    Let me introduce you to my stiletto. Corsica is famous for them.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-st7bk_2.jpg

As for a good cork soaking . . . . lots of selection about. LoL
    08-30-13 07:57 PM

Except you weren't here at the thread's inception. I think the title of the thread was changed since the beginning.
    08-30-13 08:15 PM
    @ the US Open and exited the 7 train earlier to a big sign for the Z10/Q10...

Unfortunately everyone around is surfing or taking pics with an iPhone or Galaxy device... It's a sea of em.

On lines, in the stand, you'd think W8 didn't even exit.
    08-30-13 08:19 PM
    Except you weren't here at the thread's inception. I think the title of the thread was changed since the beginning.
    You're right... it was changed from RIMM to BBRY.... Again, thanks for driving by.....
    08-30-13 08:34 PM
    @ the US Open and exited the 7 train earlier to a big sign for the Z10/Q10...

Unfortunately everyone around is surfing or taking pics with an iPhone or Galaxy device... It's a sea of em.

On lines, in the stand, you'd think W8 didn't even exit.
    They do have ninety something percent of the market...

I opined elsewhere that cross platform BBM would get a significant boost from present iPhone users who want a quality cross platform messaging system to allow them to go Android. Have you seen the leaks for the Note3 etc? I am tempted if I can seamlessly transition from iMessages (with auto SMS fallback).

If it is buggy/a hassle to set up (I would need to ask at least a dozen iphoners to install it etc) it will not fly.
    1. Install app.
    2. "Do you want to import your contacts?"
    3. There had better not be a 3.
    08-30-13 08:43 PM
    They do have ninety something percent of the market...

I opined elsewhere that cross platform BBM would get a significant boost from present iPhone users who want a quality cross platform messaging system to allow them to go Android. Have you seen the leaks for the Note3 etc? I am tempted if I can seamlessly transition from iMessages (with auto SMS fallback).

If it is buggy/a hassle to set up (I would need to ask at least a dozen iphoners to install it etc) it will not fly.
    1. Install app.
    2. "Do you want to import your contacts?"
    3. There had better not be a 3.
    #3....... do you want to be anonymous? .. do it.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-30-13 08:46 PM
    Anonymous, people here are on FB, Instagram or iMessage uploading all the photos they're taking.

Privacy, what's that? People want to be social with the amount of selfies or passing of phones so a neighbor can snap a photo.

I'm sure the foursquare check-ins are piquing especially with Serena taking the court soon.
    08-30-13 08:53 PM
    Indeed. I've asked for because - due to my bad English - it was initially "I support RIM: I buy shares" and didn't reflected my mind, was ambiguous.
    So it became "I support RIM and I buy Shares" then "I support BBRY and I buy shares".

While at it I still wonder if the use of the ticker BBRY Isn't misleading either... what do you guys think ? do you think we should ask for a "I support BlackBerry and I buy BBRY shares" ? (only half joking, in fact).

Saturday morning 9:30 or such, sun is shining I'm tanned as hell and coffee is ready... have a great weekend buddies !

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-31-13 at 02:59 AM.
    08-31-13 02:27 AM
    OK, weapons ready but this morning Bobby, I'd better enjoy and make it FUNkY
    ... 2,3 (shout with me) : MAKITFONKAYYYYYYYYYYY !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000935.jpg

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    08-31-13 03:11 AM
113,256 ... 18161817181818191820 ...