View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Given that the thread is about trading, it does not matter that much how accurate the news is, as to how trusted and influential on the stock price it is e.g. ER's are obviously very influential, Comscores and Kantar reports less so.

E.g. if we anticipate the next Kantar will show market share growth in US next week, and we expect the market will respond positively to this news, it may be a good idea to trade on the swing.
    Oh. Sales figures. I cannot remember a single correct global estimation, besides the shop next door. Either for optimistic ones, BTW.

I'm not buying this either, these are spotted "news" and I'm interested in the vision of "mobile computing".
    I do believe this is the best track, starting with a niche market (Enterprises) that has been exposed fr day 1 by Heins. I decrypted that. I can be wrong, nothing is more obvious than that. Still, when I read the above BlackBerry Indian rep statement... I know I'm on rails with the plan. Again, nothing but my very personal perception.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:00 PM
    This thread is fundamentally flawed in that it equates buying stock with supporting the company when such an action is a symbolic gesture at best.
    I am guessing that you have not started a company before, because if you did you would understand that buying stocks is the most fundamental support for a company.
    My parents, my siblings, and my friends had always been the first stock holders of my ventures. There is simply no stronger way to show their support.
    08-30-13 02:02 PM
    Seems like the original purpose of this thread was for people to revel and gloat over how much money they made betting on blackberry's sucess...Two years later there hasn't been as much upwards movement the stock price as originally envisioned, as you noted the stock was at $18 and now it only gets above $10 with buyout rumors.
    I think if you look back at the beginning, SuperFly was mainly showing his faith in BlackBerry and encouraging other to buy littlestock so they could feel like they were part of something. At that time it had leveled off after the great fall and for a while was a little stable and there weren't any big changes. But last year when it fell back down to the $6 range and then jumped up to $18 there were some that were gloating and hoping that it would just keep going up and up. And many other showed up hoping to cash in on the rise - it became more of a let's make some quick money on BBRY than a let's support a company that make phones we like.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be part of something.
    Nothing wrong with having faith in something.
    Just have to be careful "converting" others that aren't fully aware of the consequences.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    I believed you until you said someone stole 2 playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    That was funny

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:03 PM
    I think if you look back at the beginning, SuperFly was mainly showing his faith in BlackBerry and encouraging other to buy littlestock so they could feel like they were part of something. At that time it had leveled off after the great fall and for a while was a little stable and there weren't any big changes. But last year when it fell back down to the $6 range and then jumped up to $18 there were some that were gloating and hoping that it would just keep going up and up. And many other showed up hoping to cash in on the rise - it became more of a let's make some quick money on BBRY than a let's support a company that make phones we like.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be part of something.
    Nothing wrong with having faith in something.
    Just have to be careful "converting" others that aren't fully aware of the consequences.
    I can hear that.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:03 PM
    OK second battery under 10% today.
    "Gigot de 7 heures", semoule and spicy vegetable ala couscous ... dinner and rest time !

Cheers, peace and have fun.
    Edited to add a - hopefully- salivating pic of the beast . Yeah, I'm multi task too
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 197159
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-30-13 02:08 PM
    "Gigot de 7 heures", semoule sand spicy vegetable ala couscous ... dinner and rest time !

Posted via CB10
    MMmmmmmm!!!!! Dang. Now I'm hungry. Off to MacDonalds I go.
    08-30-13 02:11 PM
    How long before the mods show up and put us on time out again, the convo is completely insane right now. How about we try and keep a lid on things; I really don't want to head over to BGR for my daily yuks

I have to say, I want to walk/look away but just can't. A least i'll be sufficiently distracted at the US Open tonight. Now that'll truly be a back and forth; so say one, so say we all..
    Randeman and kfh227 like this.
    08-30-13 02:15 PM
    "Gigot de 7 heures", semoule and spicy vegetable ala couscous ... dinner and rest time !

Edited to add a - hopefully- salivating pic of the beast . Yeah, I'm multi task too
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 197159
    Throw in un bon rouge and you're all set!
    08-30-13 02:15 PM
    I'm also taking off.

The missus and I are heading to Peru to climb a mountain.

Hopefully while I'm away Thor will give MS the assurances they are looking for.

GL all!

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy. You didn't say which mountain, but if you are after a big one you will no doubt spend time in Huaraz. Treat the missus to a few days at the Andino Club Hotel. You can thank me later.
    08-30-13 02:21 PM
    I believed you until you said someone stole 2 playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    More humor and less bashing please. I only hope you comment about raising $500 in a short time as a sign of wealth was another joke. Granted it wasn't on par with the above which actually made me laugh out loud. You'll need at least 3 more zeroes to be taken seriously on that one.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-30-13 02:24 PM
    BBRY on CNBC with Abigail Doolittle now.
    08-30-13 02:30 PM
    Abigail Doolittle sticks with $18 projection in 3 - 6 months. And the other guy on fundamentals think that there is a good chance for Blackberry to go private.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-30-3.31.07-pm.png
    m0de25, jxnb, cjcampbell and 8 others like this.
    08-30-13 02:34 PM
    and Nasdaq bbry is getting close to green?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-30-13 02:41 PM
    Wow... maybe that program has some influence?
    bungaboy, sidhuk and jfguay2 like this.
    08-30-13 02:42 PM
    Wow... maybe that program has some influence?
    An indication of how smart investors are?...LOL...
    08-30-13 02:50 PM
    Throw in un bon rouge and you're all set!
    Corsica ros�, this time

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-30-13 at 03:29 PM.
    08-30-13 03:04 PM
    This thread has reached a new low today.

When adolescents have to resort to posting pictures of two hundred bucks in a vain attempt to boast. Time for parental intervention. Or, Dr. Phil.

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Don't worry. School starts in a few days. They'll all be back on the bus...
    08-30-13 03:07 PM
    How long before the mods show up and put us on time out again, the convo is completely insane right now. How about we try and keep a lid on things; I really don't want to head over to BGR for my daily yuks

I have to say, I want to walk/look away but just can't. A least i'll be sufficiently distracted at the US Open tonight. Now that'll truly be a back and forth; so say one, so say we all..
    No worries, I see what's going on.
    08-30-13 03:17 PM
    Thanks BK....X 2
    Last edited by La Emperor; 08-30-13 at 03:37 PM.
    08-30-13 03:24 PM
    No worries, I see what's going on.
    Cost me 2 LS1... lol

Datz From my Z10 amigo
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    08-30-13 03:24 PM
    BBRY on CNBC with Abigail Doolittle now.
    Hi JL and team

Do you or anyone happen to have the URL handy? Thanks
    08-30-13 03:26 PM
    LoL now thats direct challenge to BK?
    08-30-13 03:33 PM
    I see green AH

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    08-30-13 03:33 PM
113,250 ... 18141815181618171818 ...