View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For those of you checking the dates, the 2007 drop was due to a 1-3 stock split, not a crash.
    08-29-13 09:53 AM
    On other news than ego-related, if you don't mind... we're GREEN !

*woopdidoo*

[ATTACH]196835[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000929.png  
    sidhuk, dusdal, jfguay2 and 1 others like this.
    08-29-13 09:53 AM
    Frank Boulben purchased 90,000 shares on july 3rd. The reference is to canadianinsider.com. Some one mentioned this. Did any one else heard this or just a feel good rumor?

Just learned that he excersized $900,000 worth of shares.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-29-13 09:58 AM
    Frank Boulben purchased 90,000 shares on july 3rd. The reference is to canadianinsider.com. Some one mentioned this. Did any one else heard this or just a feel good rumor?
    He exercised his options and then sold half of those on the market.

It's not like he used his own money to buy 90000 shares.
    08-29-13 10:03 AM
    Won't be a surprise to me. Someday, looking in the mirror we'll know the whole story. Fascinating story, whatever the end will be.

FOCUS (T.H)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-29-13 10:06 AM
    He exercised his options and then sold half of those on the market.

It's not like he used his own money to buy 90000 shares.
    No? The "paper value " thing, again?
    That's a huge part of his personal earnings. It IS his own money, paper or notes.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:09 AM
    Was really hoping this launched BEFORE all the kiddies are back in school the first day. Today/tomorrrow will give them a few days to play with it and then when they meet all their new friends Tuesday they can exchange BBM PINs to stay in touch.
    08-29-13 10:21 AM
    Was really hoping this launched BEFORE all the kiddies are back in school the first day. Today/tomorrrow will give them a few days to play with it and then when they meet all their new friends Tuesday they can exchange BBM PINs to stay in touch.
    And now, on the monetize front...
    http://www.berryreview.com/2013/08/2...+(BerryReview)

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:26 AM
    I said I was going to report on (or bug people with) StatCounter progess and I am a man of my words.

Latest for share of BBRY in the US based on Mobile brownser has increased again. Last 7 days are now showing an average of 4.77% whereas July 10-17th was at 3.64%.

Also, along the lines of reports of BBOS 7 selling like hot cakes in South africa, for the same reference period, has gone from an average of 32.34% to 35.75%.

Again, we should all take it with a grain of salt, yes, but I like the trend just the same.

Cheers,

JF
    08-29-13 10:27 AM
    I agree and i like to see bbm cross platform asap, but on my iphone i switched 9 different text apps in last 16 months and i am not satisfied with any of them. I am not only going back to bb10 but i know that none of the one that i used gives me what BBM gave me.
    08-29-13 10:28 AM
    I said I was going to report on (or bug people with) StatCounter progess and I am a man of my words.

Latest for share of BBRY in the US based on Mobile brownser has increased again. Last 7 days are now showing an average of 4.77% whereas July 10-17th was at 3.64%.

Also, along the lines of reports of BBOS 7 selling like hot cakes in South africa, for the same reference period, has gone from an average of 32.34% to 35.75%.

Again, we should all take it with a grain of salt, yes, but I like the trend just the same.

Cheers,
    Lol no wonder doc says i need to reduce my sodium intake ever since i purchased bb stocks.

JF
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-29-13 10:30 AM

Cheers,

JF
    So what happens if they report this upcoming ER that not only did they sell more BB10 phones, but they also increased their subscriber numbers, referencing the old metric Thor said they weren't going to use anymore.
    08-29-13 10:35 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    So what happens if they report this upcoming ER that not only did they sell more BB10 phones, but they also increased their subscriber numbers, referencing the old metric Thor said they weren't going to use anymore.
    I leave this for super-fly to answer
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-29-13 10:42 AM
    I see it, and I'm excited about it's prospects.

But, I don't know why..

Can anyone unravel what this BES10 edition means for the less technically inclined (me)?
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-29-13 10:53 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	196843
    I leave this for super-fly to answer
    Attachment 196849
    #whatElse ?

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-austin_powers_groovy_baby.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-29-13 at 12:15 PM.
    08-29-13 10:54 AM
    I see it, and I'm excited about it's prospects.

But, I don't know why..

Can anyone unravel what this BES10 edition means for the less technically inclined (me)?
    Means same secured tool(s) X-platform. In very brief.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-29-13 10:57 AM
    Anyone else notice that the stock just got very quiet?

I believe we go up from here.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-29-13 10:58 AM
    Zzzzzzz30?

It ain't EZ being BB
    08-29-13 11:33 AM
    Zzzzzzznovo?

It ain't EZ being BB
    08-29-13 11:34 AM
    OMG, I checked back in and had to start laughing out loud. For the love of pizza, you guys are crazy! hahaha. See, this is one of the reasons people can't stay away from this place.
    08-29-13 11:37 AM
    The BlackBerry stock crash of 2008 coincided, to the day, with the US House of Representatives signing of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008.

This act would go on to establish what we all know today as the NSA's PRISM/PRISON system.

Its been made public that BBRY wouldn't participate in the spying. The day of the signing was the high point of BBRY's stock. Within 4 months, the share price had dropped $100 and the company had shed $50 billion in market value.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
    to the day? How about a fact check?

2008-07-10: President George W. Bush signed the bill into law. From the day it was signed, the stock actually rose steadily for more than a month, increasing by $23. The crash didn't happen until Aug 22, where it dropped steadily until the end of the year.

The graph below pokes a couple of big holes in that conspiracy theory. Why did it rise for a month after it was signed? Why did it take five months to crash, when the information was made public in one shot, not parceled out in bits over a period of months?

Plus, you're forgetting one little thing that happened in 2008, something called the collapse of the housing bubble, Lehman, AIG, and the resultant financial crisis. That's the actual culprit here. Overlay other indices and stocks over this and it's obvious.

anon(4086547), Compaqee and dusdal like this.
    08-29-13 11:38 AM
    OMG, I checked back in and had to start laughing out loud. For the love of pizza, you guys are crazy! hahaha. See, this is one of the reasons people can't stay away from this place.
    Ditto.
    08-29-13 11:41 AM
    The Volume is so dead today. Makes me think that for the past few weeks the only people trading BBRY are the hedge fund to each other.
    08-29-13 11:49 AM
    Great. Now I want Pizza
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-29-13 11:53 AM
    to the day? How about a fact check?

2008-07-10: President George W. Bush signed the bill into law. From the day it was signed, the stock actually rose steadily for more than a month, increasing by $23. The crash didn't happen until Aug 22, where it dropped steadily until the end of the year.

The graph below pokes a couple of big holes in that conspiracy theory. Why did it rise for a month after it was signed? Why did it take five months to crash, when the information was made public in one shot, not parceled out in bits over a period of months?

Plus, you're forgetting one little thing that happened in 2008, something called the collapse of the housing bubble, Lehman, AIG, and the resultant financial crisis. That's the actual culprit here. Overlay other indices and stocks over this and it's obvious.

http://i.imgur.com/7UoQ0S6.png
    That first red circle is a 1-3 stock split. The stock was still going up at that point. That is not a drop off associated with the introduction of the iPhone.

The 7/10 point leads up to the second top. The 6/20 point is the first top where it passed the house of reps. Also, pay attention to the fact that you're not using a linear scale in your graphs. It makes them a little misleading.

Snowden is stuck in Russia because the US didn't want the world to know about it.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    08-29-13 12:00 PM
113,256 ... 18061807180818091810 ...