View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Folks, can we stop posting about who you are or aren't putting on your ignore list? It's tiresome to scroll thru all the posts about it and is killing the enjoyment I get from this site. It's like my 2 kids squabbling back and forth over nothing - I get enough of that every day at home and at work. By all means use the ignore list if you must (I don't) but how about we all keep that a personal decision rather than some sort of retort or supposed weapon? Thx.
    But I am sure you tell your kids "it's not about them".

I think it is fair game that they know they are on the list of notables.

You can scroll past the posts that don't interest you. You may find that less tiring.

Thx.

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    sidhuk and silversun10 like this.
    08-29-13 08:23 AM
    Lets test that upper resistance today shall we...the one in the TA, not our nerves.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 08:23 AM
    I have a script that turns any mention of the ignore list into "I wet the bed!" - it makes this thread hilarious at times.
    lcjr, Randeman, Gesig Boek and 3 others like this.
    08-29-13 08:25 AM
    Good morning gang! What's in store for us today? There has to be news coming sometime if any of this rumor mill has substance to it, but if not we can just look forward to the upcoming ER. I hope everyone has a very productive day and gets a chance to get some fresh air now and then. Let's hope we open up GREEN and stay that way all day!

Edit: Damn!
    08-29-13 08:31 AM
    Hello,

Upon trying to comment the article "BlackBerry "savior" device hits the ground and dies", I was notified that my comment was deleted. Here is my response, along with their original email. My initial comment is at the very end.

This really gets me going...

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:18 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Your comment was deleted

Hello,
    My comment was not allegations of any kind, but a mere question about how little substance there is to support the fact that BlackBerry Q10 has died upon arrival. The author makes no mention of his sources, thus increasing the questions his readers will have.
    I am then saying that without a sound basis, what is reported bears less credibility, to the point of sounding biaised.If anything, you allowing this article put Seeking Alpha is a difficult position, from which one may have to defend itself. If anything, comments like mine are allowing some sort of a balance, which you are removing by deleting my comments. Who is taking sides here? You would be well advised to reinstate my comment at your earliest convenience.
    Regards,
    Jean-Francois Guay

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
    Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:04 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Reply To: [email protected]
    Subject: Your comment was deleted

Dear jfguay2,
    We wanted to let you know that we’ve deleted the comment copied at the end of this email and explain why. It was deleted because it contains an unsubstantiated allegation against the article’s author or another user. We welcome (or even encourage!) comments that disagree with the perspectives offered in articles on the site. We ask, however, that you provide evidence to support your arguments for how and why you disagree with the content or interpretation of an article, rather than impugning the author’s motivation. If you believe that there are serious problems with this article we encourage you to file a formal dispute here: Dispute an article - Seeking Alpha . Arguments about intent in comments inflame passions and seldom lead to civil, or useful, discussion.

Please note that a history of multiple comment deletions can lead to your account being suspended or permanently set to Read-Only.

Due to the volume of comments on the site we regret that we cannot reverse comment deletions, but if your comment did contain a substantive point about the article, we encourage you to resubmit it without the material on account of which it was deleted.

Users tell us that they appreciate the quality of the community on Seeking Alpha and that, unlike other forums or message boards, the site is largely free of spam, promotion, and offensive or abusive material. We'd love for you to join our efforts to maintain this standard or raise it further. Please see our Comment Guidelines for more information: Comment Guidelines - Seeking Alpha

Respectfully,

Seeking Alpha Moderation Team

-----------------
    User Data:
    Posted by: jfguay2, userID: 6515641, email: [email protected]
    user since: December 27, 2012
    In moderation since:
    Mar 5, 2013

Content Data:
    Content submitted on August 29, 2013, 07:20
    On MarketCurrent BlackBerry "savior" device hits the ground and dies
    Original comment:
    No basis given to this story at all= less cr�dible or more biaised?

08-29-13 08:31 AM
    I have a script that turns any mention of the ignore list into "I wet the bed!" - it makes this thread hilarious at times.
    What is going on?
    CJ's "back door escape route", Randeman's "any hole' navy mantra, and now your "I wet the bed!" script. This might give a wrong impression to a passerby (not that there is anything wrong with that). LOL...
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 08-29-13 at 08:46 AM.
    OMGitworks, lcjr, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    08-29-13 08:35 AM
    And we're off:

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-29-13 08:37 AM
    Folks, can we stop posting about who you are or aren't putting on your ignore list? It's tiresome to scroll thru all the posts about it and is killing the enjoyment I get from this site. It's like my 2 kids squabbling back and forth over nothing - I get enough of that every day at home and at work. By all means use the ignore list if you must (I don't) but how about we all keep that a personal decision rather than some sort of retort or supposed weapon? Thx.
    Exactly what I wrote some pages back. I don't have anyone on my ignore....why would I? I just scroll past the stuff I don't care to read....really not that difficult!

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-29-13 08:38 AM
    @ jfguay2....Seekingalpha..... I stopped reading their articles in general, not just what they publish regarding Blackberry. Motley Fool is the next publisher that deliberately attempts to get under the reader's skin and thus aquire more readers. It's human nature to want to refute negative information, so you stick around longer attempting to do so. They could really care less about you or the piece they're writing about, just that the reader sticks around. My thoughts anyway....
    08-29-13 08:42 AM
    That's it! You just made my list! Just joking - couldn't resist.
    Already on my list.
    These guys are all over this site just instigating heated argument and trying to break the bb spirit and nothing else. They have problem with anything remotely positive about blackberry. Even charts discussions are an issue with these guys. I never knew how to use the charts, but i must admit that with the help of Morgan and Jlagoon i am beginning to appreciate the power of these charts and that is valuable information. Bb's last dip in $8 and Morgan caught the bottom on time. He did it before prem's resignation and blackberry forming a comity. Since than stock has risen up about 30% before retracting back. To me that information is worth lot of money. Yes we do come here to unwound the day because life is more than just work and these trolls hate our guts that how dare we have the balls to discuss humor in the face of all of their doom and gloom? We are not going to other threads to bad mouth any other phone or company etc. but these guys are over this site and displaying their hate and insulting pro blackberry people's intelligence. I am not gonna put up with that and at the same times i am not gonna loose the soul of this thread which is, " i support blackberry and I buy shares". I rather listen to negative first and positive after however i know the difference between donkey and a horse.
    08-29-13 08:47 AM
    RBC says we should be bullish on $BBRY because it's trading in the 2nd half of the positive cup-and-handle pattern.

From BNN reporter on twitter.

Wait for it....arguments about TA about to start!!!
    08-29-13 08:51 AM
    Already on my list.
    I rather listen to negative first and positive after however i know the difference between donkey and a horse.
    Now you're on my list:

"back door escape route", "any hole', "I wet the bed!", and now "donkey and a horse".
    08-29-13 08:53 AM
    Already on my list.
    These guys are all over this site just instigating heated argument and trying to break the bb spirit and nothing else. They have problem with anything remotely positive about blackberry. Even charts discussions are an issue with these guys. I never knew how to use the charts, but i must admit that with the help of Morgan and Jlagoon i am beginning to appreciate the power of these charts and that is valuable information. Bb's last dip in $8 and Morgan caught the bottom on time. He did it before prem's resignation and blackberry forming a comity. Since than stock has risen up about 30% before retracting back. To me that information is worth lot of money. Yes we do come here to unwound the day because life is more than just work and these trolls hate our guts that how dare we have the balls to discuss humor in the face of all of their doom and gloom? We are not going to other threads to bad mouth any other phone or company etc. but these guys are over this site and displaying their hate and insulting pro blackberry people's intelligence. I am not gonna put up with that and at the same times i am not gonna loose the soul of this thread which is, " i support blackberry and I buy shares". I rather listen to negative first and positive after however i know the difference between donkey and a horse.
    You NAILED IT!
    plasmid_boy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    08-29-13 08:57 AM
    Already on my list.
    Welcome to my list. Besides your Jack picture being sideways always worried me as I reached to try to stop it from spilling.
    08-29-13 08:59 AM
    Now you're on my list:

"back door escape route", "any hole', "I wet the bed!", and now "donkey and a horse".
    That yer "Bucket List" ? ROFL or does it jest rhyme with "bucket"?
    08-29-13 08:59 AM
    That yer "Bucket List" ? ROFL or does it jest rhyme with "bucket"?
    He forgot to add these,
    "Unwinding, dancers, payment, cab driver, muddy landscape, spooning and cleanup.
    Randeman, plasmid_boy and lcjr like this.
    08-29-13 09:08 AM
    Now you're on my list:

The Great John Nash, a nobel prize winner mathematician had the unique ability to decode the enemy's codes. Well done. LoL
    Last edited by sidhuk; 08-29-13 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added"The Great"
    bungaboy, plasmid_boy and Randeman like this.
    08-29-13 09:17 AM
    The BlackBerry stock crash of 2008 coincided, to the day, with the US House of Representatives signing of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008.

This act would go on to establish what we all know today as the NSA's PRISM/PRISON system.

Its been made public that BBRY wouldn't participate in the spying. The day of the signing was the high point of BBRY's stock. Within 4 months, the share price had dropped $100 and the company had shed $50 billion in market value.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
    08-29-13 09:22 AM
    I usually follow zerohedge to get a counter view to the prevailing chatter out there from the constant barriage of stock pumping snakeoil salesmen... but this is a bit much:

BlackBerry All But Finished Following "Dismal" Sales, "Virtually No Demand" For Keyboard-Equipped Q10 | Zero Hedge
    08-29-13 09:34 AM
    I wish people would stop quoting people on my ignore list...

Hey, having an ignore list is fun after all It gives you something else to complain about. No wonder it comes up all the time...
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-29-13 09:42 AM
    Google VP goes China...
    Big maneuvers in IT these days

From SA email alert :
    Google Android VP departs amidsts reports of soap opera-like drama ? 9:30 AM

Hugo Barra, Google's (GOOG) Android product development VP and a staple at the I/O conference, has left Google to become a VP at fast-growing Chinese Android phone vendor Xiaomi, which is fresh off raising funding at a $10B valuation.
    Barra's departure comes amidst news co-founder/Google X chief Sergey Brin has separated from his wife, Anne Wojcicki, and amidst reports Brin is now in a relationship with a Google employee who was previously seeing Barra. Sources tell AllThingsD Barra tendered his resignation before this situation unfolded.
    Regardless of Barra's motivations, he's now the second senior exec to leave the Android team this year. Andy Rubin, who led the Android division during its meteoric rise, was reassigned in March. His job was handed to Sundar Pichai, who's also in charge of Chrome and Apps.
    Read comments
    GOOG price at time of publication: $848.59. Check GOOG price now
    Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:43 AM
    The BlackBerry stock crash of 2008 coincided, to the day, with the US House of Representatives signing of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008.

This act would go on to establish what we all know today as the NSA's PRISM/PRISON system.

Its been made public that BBRY wouldn't participate in the spying. The day of the signing was the high point of BBRY's stock. Within 4 months, the share price had dropped $100 and the company had shed $50 billion in market value.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
    Wanted to make sure this wasn't lost in the shuffle of people who only skip to the last page.
    08-29-13 09:45 AM
    08-29-13 09:46 AM
    Wanted to make sure this wasn't lost in the shuffle of people who only skip to the last page.
    *SF refrains to join the conspiracy clan*

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and m1a1mg like this.
    08-29-13 09:49 AM
    Things that make you go huuuum ..........

08-29-13 09:51 AM
113,256 ... 18051806180718081809 ...