View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That WSJ article tells us nothing that we didn't already know - all the signs are there - as for the "wait for the enterprise" crowd, you simply cannot sell that volume of phones to enterprises alone to keep a OS going - not with a) BYOD and b) BES adoption being equally slow.

Why do you think BBRY is pushing out press release about puny 2000 handset buys?
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-29-13 02:11 AM
    Maybe not every company wants to be public about their purchases. When is the next ER again? I just want the shares to hit my average $13.18 I've got 2000 shares so if by the next ER I may pull out and see what happens after the ER.
    08-29-13 02:33 AM
    I find it amusing to think that not too long ago, most CBers had nothing but disdain for the notion of a Lenovo acquisition, and now it is embraced like the light at the end of a tunnel.
    I don't and I still don't buy a global takeover option either. You are too prompt to generalize what you think we believe.
    What I embrace is that WS buys the $17 range price, while the SP is trading in the low 10s.

This demonstrates how weak is the bearish (! Edited !) sentiment and how any drastic move/news/rumor may drive the SP much higher.

Sample Rumor : "MSFT and BlackBerry teams up to deliver the most powerful and only elliptic curve encrypted back-end mobile computing solution".Dedicated to entreprises and government agencies, this joint venture hold 51% by BlackBerry, 20% by private funds and partners (including Cisco and SAP), 29% Microsoft and a global cap of $15billions is the weapon used to keep Appl and Sam under water in the enterprise and agencies market."

Did you press the buy button already ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-29-13 at 03:18 AM.
    08-29-13 02:47 AM
    That WSJ article tells us nothing that we didn't already know - all the signs are there - as for the "wait for the enterprise" crowd, you simply cannot sell that volume of phones to enterprises alone to keep a OS going - not with a) BYOD and b) BES adoption being equally slow.

Why do you think BBRY is pushing out press release about puny 2000 handset buys?
    ""Enterprise " is where all started and remains the only place where buyers still consider BlackBerry as the option #1. It would make sense for BlackBerry to push extremely hard in that segment with very big incentives on the harware side. This will be a perfect tool to put the devices in users hands. I believe most of us agree that - to say the least - once you've tried any BB10 device (I've tried all) you cannot anymore qualify them as antiquated but relevant challengers of any other device. And they might/will love Balance, the distinctive feature that is IMHO globally totally unknown.

Notice I didn't wrote "better than", just competitive in users perception.
    THAT will change more than any world advertised campaigns IMHO.

So yes, enterprise market may not be enough on the volume side to regain a valid (2 digits%) and durable top three position. But it will drain piles of cash (cals) and "educate" Joes perception. Because enterprise IS people, not virtual entities.

In the thread perspective, I'll sum up and add my final point in a single sentence : " W.S loves B2B".
    P.S: and being back #1 in enterprises is not something that could be doomed again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-29-13 at 07:23 AM.
    08-29-13 03:06 AM
    I'm sure someone already posted it but I quite like this video.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-29-13 04:49 AM
    Hmmm, premarket activities started unusually early this morning at 4:30.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:55 AM
    Hmmm, premarket activities started unusually early this morning at 4:30.

Posted via CB10
    As it is much later for me (6-7 +), unless there's a unusual volume, I generally observe first PM orders as soon as open... no PM on my app so... is there big volume ?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:59 AM
    As it is much later for me (6-7 +), unless there's a unusual volume, I generally observe first PM orders as soon as open... no PM on my app so... is there big volume ?

Posted via CB10
    No big volume. 5 trades total with 3100 shares. Down 5 cents currently.
    08-29-13 06:03 AM
    I wonder whether or not the news of the Q10 sales will have an effect on the stock today. Seeking Alpha picked up on it, no doubt others will follow suit. I can see it having an effect

Wishful thinking but if Thor really has balls, he'll come out with a statement putting this sales rumour to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:15 AM
    I wonder whether or not the news of the Q10 sales will have an effect on the stock today. Seeking Alpha picked up on it, no doubt others will follow suit. I can see it having an effect
    The market seems to have already factored for the failure of BB10 hardware, the price is based on break-up value, IP, service etc - so I can't see it making much of a difference. What will erode the price if nobody seems to be interested in buying the company.

Wishful thinking but if Thor really has balls, he'll come out with a statement putting this sales rumour to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that a really obvious reason why he's not going to do that?
    Bilaal likes this.
    08-29-13 06:20 AM
    Oh well, I just bought one for the wife yesterday...
    I bought a new Q10 for my daughter last Thursday. She loves it!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 08-29-13 at 08:18 AM.
    08-29-13 06:46 AM
    What Q10 news is that? I googled it but found nothing.

It ain't EZ being BB
    peter9477 likes this.
    08-29-13 06:47 AM
    What Q10 news is that? I googled it but found nothing.

It ain't EZ being BB
    See this thread.
    08-29-13 06:57 AM
    1. Eventual positive word-of-mouth

It is very hard to overcome a bad first impression. It is specially difficult to do on a six month old phone which has been overshadowed in the public mind by shinier newer competitors, the stigma of flop sales, and the dark cloud of the company being up for sale. This is the media perception.

2. Close the App Gap

The gap appears to be growing bigger. Revelations that 60% of BB10 apps are spam apps. A lot of BlackBerry's most loyal developers disgruntled that the time they spent on apps for the Playbook was completely wasted. It will be hard getting other developers to develop for a company whose future is uncertain and whose market share is growing ever smaller.

3. Have XBBM be excellent

This will hurt BlackBerry device sales. But it will increase brand awareness and help rebuild the reputation a bit. More importantly, it is meant to increase the value BBM for the company.

4. Improve Carrier Training and Representation

This might be a futile exercise because the carriers will act in their best interest. They are devoting proportionally as much floor space and attention to BlackBerry relative to how many BlackBerry's they sell. Was it Verizon where last quarter, only 1 out of 1000 phones they sold was a BlackBerry? Why would the carrier even bother with this?

5. Revamp marketing

This is the one area where things can be improved. Almost anything they do will be an improvement here because there is nowhere to go but up.

6. Ecosystem

This might be the toughest to crack. Customers want things that work together. Many PlayBook owners crumbled and bought a Nexus for lack of choice. There are so many gadgets out there from smartwatches to Chromecasts to GPS trackers to heart monitors to Nest thermostats that consumers would like to work with their phone. My Z10 feels like a lonely outsider, unable to join in with my local internet of things.
    What a waisted life!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:59 AM
    What a waisted life!
    *wasted* is what you meant.
    rodan01 and m1a1mg like this.
    08-29-13 07:01 AM
    *wasted* is what you meant.
    I will end up with a waisted life if I don't get down the gym.

I'll get me coat...
    Randeman and georg22 like this.
    08-29-13 07:02 AM

The WSJ did ask BlackBerry to comment on sales, but they declined.

A spokesman for BlackBerry declined to comment on device sales, but pointed to recent agreements to carry the new devices with customers including Univision Communications Inc., the Department of Defense and ADP.
    08-29-13 07:03 AM
    Sorry but no. If BlackBerry starts answering rumors NOW (italic, not shouting) it'll be nothing but worse.
    Unless committee releases info before E.R they have to shut up.

Not saying it couldn't be otherwise, but as they stick to the "no comment on rumors " from the beginning, any changes will be doomed as suspect. Instantly.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-29-13 at 07:33 AM.
    08-29-13 07:18 AM
    Agree SF....FUD spreading press and even some posters here would just "glass half empty"anything that's said.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:32 AM
    Sorry but no. If BlackBerry starts answering rumors NOW (italic, not shouting) it'll be nothing but worse.
    Unless committee releases info before E.R they have to shut up.

Not saying it couldn't be otherwise, but as they stick to the "no comment on rumors " from the beginning, any changes will be doomed as suspect. Instantly.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose when you put it like that, it does make sense. On the other hand, the PM is green, up 1.48%

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:45 AM
    Cartoon Fibber?
    And JB the Deacon.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-29-13 07:46 AM
    and just like that, more Grey space on screen.
    The irony is that I have Sidhuk on my own grey list. Thats after all his comments seemed to be only about his ignore list.
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-29-13 07:50 AM
    And JB the Deacon.
    Trash Trolin?
    08-29-13 08:03 AM
    Folks, can we stop posting about who you are or aren't putting on your ignore list? It's tiresome to scroll thru all the posts about it and is killing the enjoyment I get from this site. It's like my 2 kids squabbling back and forth over nothing - I get enough of that every day at home and at work. By all means use the ignore list if you must (I don't) but how about we all keep that a personal decision rather than some sort of retort or supposed weapon? Thx.
    08-29-13 08:04 AM
    Folks, can we stop posting about who you are or aren't putting on your ignore list? It's tiresome to scroll thru all the posts about it and is killing the enjoyment I get from this site. It's like my 2 kids squabbling back and forth over nothing - I get enough of that every day at home and at work. By all means use the ignore list if you must (I don't) but how about we all keep that a personal decision rather than some sort of retort or supposed weapon? Thx.
    That's it! You just made my list! Just joking - couldn't resist.
    08-29-13 08:19 AM
113,252 ... 18041805180618071808 ...