Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TA does help in certain situations.

Take the price of rice, for example.

Someone following the trends of rice prices and paying attention to global seasonal variations in weather could anticipate when the prices will be low and high in different regions due to quality of the growing season and the availability of alternative sources in the same region.

Follow the weather patterns long enough and you could probably figure out when regions were going to have a bad or bumper year before even the farmers knew it.

But even a well thought out model for predicting rice prices through the weather could be affected by outside matters.

There could be a local war which calls the farmers away to serve and diminishes the output of an entire region in a given year. Even if the farmer's stay, their son's could go, which could decimate an agricultural region by removing the people who might carry on the family's way of life.

Or there could be a foreign war, where the prices of oil skyrocket, driving up the shipping costs of surplus rice so high that even those who would pay premium prices for the commodity can't because the shipping cost of the product makes it too expensive.

TA can predict somethings fairly easily. When a stock is slumping due to a weak quarter, TA can predict that a bounce 'will' occur based on a companies fundamentals (Eg: Cash-Debt Ratio, Estimated value of IP, etc), but it can't really say when or how high. A lot of these factors come from news releases. Most of BBRY influences come from the negative media exposure, which the SEC would probably look into if they weren't in the pockets of major hedge funds.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-28-13 04:24 PM
    Please, let's pretend TA means That's All, folks.
    T.U

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 04:26 PM
    Looks like the WSJ is at it again, Q10 Keyboard Phone fall flat:

Sales of BlackBerry's Q10 Keyboard Phone Fall Flat - WSJ.com
    08-28-13 04:29 PM
    Please, let's pretend TA means That's All, folks.
    T.U

Posted via CB10
    And now => http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=843304

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and dusdal like this.
    08-28-13 04:31 PM
    Ouch. There were 3 quotes so I thought it would be informative to look at them without the commentary.
    That doesn't surprise me in the least. There has been no buzz at all regarding the Q10 launch. I'm comparing it to the era of the Z10 launch when there was a lot of reports of sold out stores, bragging about the best launch day ever, and everyone and their brother were doing channel checks. Compared to that era, there's been total silence for the Qs.
    08-28-13 04:52 PM
    Once again we hear how many people can't wait for the z10. No shows
    Can't wait for q10. No shows
    Can't wait for q5.
    Can't wait for the z30

This is getting depressing.

Posted via CB10
    Nindia likes this.
    08-28-13 04:52 PM
    Let's wait for facts. We know enterprises will be the key, both for Q5 and Q10 and it's been only 2 1/2 months since BES 10.1 release.

Yet, I dislike these quotes, not knowing exactly what is the weight of these guys networks. Still, it will affect SP unless counter measures pop from other sources, other countries.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:13 PM
    Once again we hear how many people can't wait for the z10. No shows
    Can't wait for q10. No shows
    Can't wait for q5.
    Can't wait for the z30

This is getting depressing.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't wait for the Z10, I bought two (my wife and I).
    I couldn't wait for Q10, I bought two (my mother and father).
    I can't wait for the Z30, which I think that I will buy one.

Oh, BTW, I have a few friends that can prescript something to help your depression if you need.
    But I think that no one can help you with getting a life.
    08-28-13 05:14 PM
    wall street article:

When BlackBerry Ltd. BBRY +2.70%Chief Executive Thorsten Heins was asked why he decided to start selling the company's new keyboard-equipped smartphone months after a new touch-screen device, he said it was because BlackBerry "owned" the keyboard phone market and could afford to wait.

That decision appears to have backfired. Sales of the keyboard-equipped Q10, which BlackBerry hasn't discussed publicly, have been dismal, according to carrier executives and retailers in the U.S. and Canada.

Those indications cast a shadow over what had been BlackBerry's best hope for getting back into a smartphone market dominated by Apple Inc. AAPL +0.47%and Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE +0.38%They also show the urgency of the company's decision earlier this month to explore options including a sale of the company.

Chris Jourdan, who owns and operates 16 Wireless Zone stores in the Midwestern U.S. that sell Verizon Wireless products, said customers didn't show up for the Q10 as expected. His stores only ordered a few of the devices per location and "the handful that sold were returned."

"We saw virtually no demand for the Q10 and eventually returned most to our equipment vendor," he said.

In another indication the new BlackBerry devices aren't selling well, used phone dealers aren't reporting the flood of old BlackBerrys that typically comes when updated devices are released. Jeff Trachsel, chief marketing officer at NextWorth, which buys used electronics, said both the all touch-screen Z10 and Q10 launches were "nonevents" from a trade-in perspective.

."We thought there would be a pocket of die-hard BlackBerry enthusiasts waiting to upgrade, but it seems they have already moved on," he said.

A spokesman for BlackBerry declined to comment on device sales, but pointed to recent agreements to carry the new devices with customers including Univision Communications Inc., the Department of Defense and ADP. The company is to report its results for the quarter on Sept. 27.

Verizon VZ -0.83%Wireless declined to comment.

BlackBerry, which dominated the smartphone market for much of the past decade, fell behind as touch-screen devices like the iPhone grew in popularity. About three years ago, the company launched an all-out effort to catch up. It focused on two devices—one all-touch screen, the other with a keyboard—that featured new designs and would be powered by new operating software. Earlier in the year, BlackBerry said it planned to spend "in the hundreds of millions" marketing the phones.
    The rollout of the phones was delayed by more than a year. By the time they were unveiled at a glitzy January launch event in New York, BlackBerry's market share had shriveled. In a decision that confused some in the industry, BlackBerry pushed out the touch-screen Z10 first, even though its fans valued BlackBerry for the keyboard.

The Z10 rolled out in February in Canada and the U.K., and the following month became available in the U.S. The keyboard-equipped Q10 didn't hit the Canadian and some international markets until May, and didn't arrive in the U.S. until June.

The Q10 went on sale at Verizon and AT&T earlier this summer, and is launching on Sprint this Friday. Carriers had already started discounting the Z10, and inventory of both phones is starting to pile up just a few months after their U.S. launch, people familiar with the matter said.

The Z10 is now available free on a two-year contract at several outlets such as Best Buy. And BlackBerry has started offering employees the chance to buy up to 10 Z10s, contract-free, for less than $100 each, according to a person familiar with the matter. BlackBerry said it offers its products to employees at special rates.

In Canada, BlackBerry's home turf, the Q10 was expected to sell briskly. But sales appear to have fallen flat there as well.

"I think we'd all say that the Q10, the one we all thought was going to be the savior, just hit the ground and died," an executive at a Canadian carrier said. "It didn't drive the numbers that anybody expected."

An AT&T spokeswoman declined to comment.

A Sprint spokeswoman said there was interest in the Q10, especially among business customers. "We get asked quite often about phones with a qwerty keyboard," Michelle Leff Mermelstein said. "So we know there is a demand for it."

Corporate sales may yet give BlackBerry a boost. Big companies in highly regulated industries typically take longer to make purchasing decisions, and BlackBerry has said that 60% of Fortune 500 companies are testing its new phones.

On the other hand, BlackBerry's announcement earlier this month that it had formed a special board committee to explore strategic alternatives including a possible sale of the company could give would-be customers pause, according to analysts and carrier executives. People might be reluctant to buy a phone and commit to an ecosystem of applications and services if they aren't sure the company will be around.

—Ryan Knutson contributed to this article.
    Write to Will Connors at [email protected] and Thomas Gryta at [email protected]
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-28-13 05:37 PM
    I couldn't wait for the Z10, I bought two (my wife and I).
    I couldn't wait for Q10, I bought two (my mother and father).
    I can't wait for the Z30, which I think that I will buy one.

Oh, BTW, I have a few friends that can prescript something to help your depression if you need.
    But I think that no one can help you with getting a life.
    Oh then bbrys back in business because you and your friends are buying. Great example.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:12 PM
    So yesterday an unsupported sale leak by the WSJ and today more huh...now if it turns out to be legitimate investigative journalism that's one thing but to date I think their track record is batting under 100.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:20 PM
    "I support bbry and I buy shares" so, if you don't, never will, could care less about bbry, why are you making it your duty to put the people down that do support BlackBerry... I'm just saying... after reading some of the commentsPS still Bullish

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    08-28-13 06:24 PM
    We all support bbry in our own way. Some of buy shares. Some buy phones, some wish well. But none of us should be putting down the negative news manipulators while cheering the ones who spread false sale rumours. I frankly don't mind. I picked up 10k shares today under 10. Had no idea the news was coming out, but knew someone would be pulling a stunt like this. Plan to sell tommorow if it goes over 10.70. Even though it benefits me,its not something I support.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:26 PM
    So yesterday an unsupported sale leak by the WSJ and today more huh...now if it turns out to be legitimate investigative journalism that's one thing but to date I think their track record is batting under 100.
    They're correct less than 10% of the time?
    08-28-13 06:28 PM
    They're correct less than 10% of the time?
    Seems to me concerning BlackBerry they are...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 06:31 PM
    Other misguided and confused individuals also busy against Nokia, should we worry that it might be contagious?

Nokia: Sell Side Bears Don't Play Fair
    Nokia Corporation (ADR) (NOK): Nokia: Sell Side Bears Don't Play Fair - Seeking Alpha
    08-28-13 06:32 PM
    8/28/2013; 31 million in volume, closed at $10.30. The SP created a big range of trading today. There was quite an attempt to drive it down. The low was $9.46, and within minutes, it was countered with buying action that lasted for 2 and a half hours. I think, in the first 5 minutes, there were more buy orders at lower prices that got triggered, than sell orders with stop loss. This could explain, why the shadow of the hammer is so long. This could also mean that there is less amount of weak stockholders. If this SP was going to do a big sell-off again, then it could have happened in the early morning with $9.46, which is the SP range on August 8, 2013. Overall, this is a modest bullish move, because although the trading range is big, and the SP did a great recovery, the close is right on the MA50 on the daily chart at $10.30.

5 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-28-7.44.36-pm.png

Bullish interpretation:
    - The SP bounced fast to above $10.03--from yesterday post: "This could go down to $9.86, and bounce fast to above $10.03 in the next 3 trading days." The market took it up a couple notches to $9.46, and it still bounced fast. Another way to look at it is that it bounced off the middle Bollinger Band.
    - The close is right at $10.30 MA50 on the daily chart.
    - The SP came back into the uptrend parallel channel, and created higher high.

Bearish interpretation:
    - The SP is still below the green uptrend line.
    - Yesterday, it was vaguer to do bullish interpretation, and the today action makes is vaguer to do bearish interpretation. We are not out of the woods yet. The weekly candle is still a doji, which shows indecision.

--
    The today candle is a spinning top, which could be a reversal indicator, after a regular red candle. Let's look forward for a confirmation tomorrow with a modest close around $10.56. The support based on the parallel channel is $10.26 - $10.29. I am waiting for this to break out of this parallel top channel, which you can see on the 30 minute chart.

By the way, isn't it convenient that the time stamp of the WSJ article about Q10 sales is 8/28/2013 at 5:07 p.m. ET. On the day that the SP bounced nicely. I wonder, if it is a paid article...

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-28-7.58.37-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-28-7.12.45-pm.jpg
    08-28-13 07:18 PM
    Wsj might be paid but not the Lenovo sale rumour? Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-28-13 07:24 PM
    Wsj might be paid but not the Lenovo sale rumour? Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Damn Josh Brolin buys BBRY shares? I know I'm in good company now!
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-28-13 07:30 PM
    Regarding the quote in the article about the Canadian market, in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/general...canada-842217/, someone pointed out that the Q5 on a plan was offered at a price higher than the Z10 or Q10 on plans. Now, even if these are not unlocked prices and the plans are different, it just creates confusion. The Q10 appears discounted from $199 to $74 on a 2-year plan.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 07:41 PM
    Hey! I've got an idea...

Since QNX seems to be the most valuable part of BB, why don't they create a spinoff called QNX Inc.
    I like it. Followed by: BES Inc., MDM Inc., TAT Inc. (opps! Already a thing... sort of).

Oh yah, and most noteworthy: Push-the -Stock Inc. Guess what they will be focused on? I am considering applying.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and m0de25 like this.
    08-28-13 08:05 PM
    Man, if that $17 Lenova deal gets confirmed there will be some serious buyers jump in on this and the SP will take off. Sounds to good to be true, but if somebody hears something please post fast.
    ... Stop it! We don't want Jinxerie!
    08-28-13 08:15 PM
    I find it amusing to think that not too long ago, most CBers had nothing but disdain for the notion of a Lenovo acquisition, and now it is embraced like the light at the end of a tunnel.
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-28-13 08:23 PM
    I find it amusing to think that not too long ago, most CBers had nothing but disdain for the notion of a Lenovo acquisition, and now it is embraced like the light at the end of a tunnel.
    They care about their investment. The idea of supporting bbry is just a feel food notion. If the Chinese government partnered with Iran for a 100 dollar buyout they would be cheering.

Posted via CB10
    rodan01 likes this.
    08-28-13 08:28 PM
    Please report spammer above !

Hannan688

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device

Edit..
    Thanks mods
    lcjr, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-28-13 08:47 PM
113,256 ... 18021803180418051806 ...