View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    First, congratulations on the calls working out for you. As far as you openly bragging here about it being proof TA works, I am afraid it is simply a beautiful illustration of confirmation bias.

Please answer honestly. If these calls hadn't worked out for you, would we be hearing you say here, "For those who say TA works, now do you respond to this?"

It is like the bullish TA here from a few days ago. When it "didn't work" and BBRY lost over 3% it of course wasn't TA's miss, it was 'external events'. One TA poster even went so far on the defensive that he posted a completely different stock that showed TA 'would have worked'. There are thousands of stocks to choose from. *Of course* you can pick one after the fact that matches a pattern predicted by TA.

The day is young, but yesterdays TA with a reluctant admission of a bearish pattern for BBRY today looks unlikely as well. Will this, assuming the day ends well up, be taken as proof TA doesn't work?

Didn't think so.
    You are overthinking it. TA is a guide for you to buy or sell at the best price possible. Going back to my traffic light analogy. When a traffic light turns green, what "should" you do? You press the gas, move your car just like you expect all the other cars (professional wall street traders) to do. If you were to grab a caveman, and put him in same said car. What would happen? Who knows, maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't I didn't create the rules, but when professional traders follow the charts like they do, and computers are based on the same charts, you learn to follow the "flow" of the trade.

Its silly that a stupid line on a chart causes stuff to happen, but hey, explain that to the caveman that wonders why a red or green light makes a car move?
    bungaboy, dusdal, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    08-28-13 11:53 AM
    Is your exit strategy the back door or the first available window? I usually go with what's closest. hahaha.
    Only 2 choices, the "emergency" 12 pack of Stella in the basement fridge or death, so far Stella has served me well.
    bungaboy, lcjr and Randeman like this.
    08-28-13 11:57 AM
    You are overthinking it. TA is a guide for you to buy or sell at the best price possible. Going back to my traffic light analogy. When a traffic light turns green, what "should" you do? You press the gas, move your car just like you expect all the other cars (professional wall street traders) to do. If you were to grab a caveman, and put him in same said car. What would happen? Who knows, maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't I didn't create the rules, but when professional traders follow the charts like they do, and computers are based on the same charts, you learn to follow the "flow" of the trade.

Its silly that a stupid line on a chart causes stuff to happen, but hey, explain that to the caveman that wonders why a red or green light makes a car move?
    And for those situations where your support lines fails? You have your seatbelt on, (your stop loss right under it) and you can get out of a car wreck trade alive. That's the power of TA. TA shows you where the general market will enter and exit positions and also good places to put your stop losses.
    08-28-13 12:00 PM
    I have the understanding that there is consensus that the TA debate is/was to be taken to the thread established for that debate.

Gentlemen, if you will.
    08-28-13 12:13 PM
    Now a days fundamentals or ta is irrelevant for certain stocks, these stocks are controlled by few biggies. When you expect to go up based on ta or fundamental it goes down and vice versa. I have watched bbry over the years and it is perfect example for this statement.

Posted via CB10
    JLagoon likes this.
    08-28-13 12:16 PM
    I see that the Q5 has been added to the phones available for GoC employees. Eventually the Q5 @ $0, Q10 @ $199, or Z10 @ $149 will be available. Unfortunately the BB10 devices are not available for distribution yet. I assume that either that BES10 is not yet implemented, or that they are missing a 2-level authentication application.
    08-28-13 12:21 PM
    It is like the bullish TA here from a few days ago. When it "didn't work" and BBRY lost over 3% it of course wasn't TA's miss, it was 'external events'. I thought, your intention was good, when you asked, how I was, but apparently, it sounds more like a sarcasm. I am alive, and still holding my BBRY stocks without any stop loss. Yeah, that's how I roll. And I was the poster, and did claim that it was external event driven--the Syria news.

One TA poster even went so far on the defensive that he posted a completely different stock that showed TA 'would have worked'. There are thousands of stocks to choose from. *Of course* you can pick one after the fact that matches a pattern predicted by TA. Just from this paragraph, you show that you don't believe in TA, because you don't understand TA. What do you think HFT algorithm is based on? Hell, not even HFT, the mountains, curves of nature, etc. Do you think, they are formed randomly? It's math, it's predictable. The factor that makes it less predictable with stocks is big money. A store can forecast revenue for a given month. This is a technical analysis. But if a millionaire walks is and buys half of the store inventory in one day, then nothing and no one could ever forecast that a millionaire may come in the particular month.

The day is young, but yesterdays TA with a reluctant admission of a bearish pattern for BBRY today looks unlikely as well. Will this, assuming the day ends well up, be taken as proof TA doesn't work?

Didn't think so.
    Reluctant admission? Did I not put the bubble text with "Bearish" on the daily chart? Did I not say that two uptrend lines were broken? Did I not say that the pattern is vague in my bullish interpretation? Did I not say that the 30 minute chart pattern is going to start a new one? How is that a reluctant admission? And if there is any, it is a given, because this thread is for people, who support BBRY, buy shares, and want to see the SP go up. For all I can interpret, you just, simply, told everyone, who is a BBRY stockholder a fool--TA or no TA. +1 to my ignore list.
    08-28-13 12:35 PM
    They really need to drop the Q5 pricing, at least for a back to school promo.

I know Google is the only one who can do this but the Nexus 4 at $249 at no contract is just nuts. They just dropped the price by $100 today.
    08-28-13 01:03 PM
    They really need to drop the Q5 pricing, at least for a back to school promo.

I know Google is the only one who can do this but the Nexus 4 at $249 at no contract is just nuts. They just dropped the price by $100 today.
    That is for the 16 GB model. The 8 gig N4 (same as Q5) is now $199.
    Toss in a Lumia 52x for a hundred and twenty bucks or so and you can really see how ridiculous the Q5 pricing is.

Wouldn't it be nice to see BBRY actually think a move ahead instead of being constantly slapped in the face with reality and having to belatedly react? The Q5 at its present price is pure Titanic material.
    08-28-13 01:32 PM
    That is for the 16 GB model. The 8 gig N4 (same as Q5) is now $199.
    Toss in a Lumia 52x for a hundred and twenty bucks or so and you can really see how ridiculous the Q5 pricing is.

Wouldn't it be nice to see BBRY actually think a move ahead instead of being constantly slapped in the face with reality and having to belatedly react? The Q5 at its present price is pure Titanic material.
    Ya, I included the 16GB only because the 8GB is pretty much useless long term with the lack of external memory (SD card). Take away memory for the OS and apps, you aren't left with much storage.
    08-28-13 01:34 PM
    You're talking about a phone that's a few months old vs a phone that just came out... Obviously it's gonna be more expensive. Plus the keyboard adds value to those who want it.

It ain't EZ being BB
    08-28-13 02:01 PM
    Leafs suck btw.

It ain't EZ being BB
    bungaboy, Bigbacala and bergeron37 like this.
    08-28-13 02:02 PM
    I really wish to walk in a mobile store and pick up a Q5 for �150. �230 isn't bad at all. That (to me) is relatively cheap. It just doesn't bode well with people walking in and seeing a Nexus device or WP device for much less and with more apps. A lot of people in my circle tend to buy second hand, street value, which makes it a little harder to convince someone to choose a BlackBerry device.
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    08-28-13 02:05 PM
    Ya, I included the 16GB only because the 8GB is pretty much useless long term with the lack of external memory (SD card). Take away memory for the OS and apps, you aren't left with much storage.
    I finally dipped my toe into the Android world with a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet. It is an amazing little device ( AnandTech | The Nexus 7 (2013) Review ), but I am not happy with the backup and restore options so I am going heavily cloud based with it. It has only been a few weeks, but I have set up a very functional device (streaming music, streaming video [Netflix], Dropbox, text editor that autosaves files to Drop box, Adobe PDF reader for Dropbox stored PDFs, ereader for cloud synced books, cloud stored mail) with 1.3 GB of on device memory usage. As data is cloud stored, this number should not creep up over time.

I have avoided Google services, but of course if I were willing to go that route it would be even simpler to keep the amount of on device storage very low.

As a pleasant side effect, I could throw the device in the trash right now (I have the included full device encryption turned on and a good password) and lose nothing except the $229 CDN I spent on it.

TL DR version:
    While tight, many will be able to manage with an 8 GB N4 just fine. Certainly better than an 8 GB Q5 since cloud service apps, both preinstalled and available for download like Netflix are more prevalent.
    08-28-13 02:10 PM
    @ greggebhardt, I knew you couldn't stay away. CB is addicting and we're all addicted. lol
    08-28-13 02:11 PM
    You're talking about a phone that's a few months old vs a phone that just came out... Obviously it's gonna be more expensive. Plus the keyboard adds value to those who want it.

It ain't EZ being BB
    Specs are the same minus LTE for N4. To put it in perspective, my bro (20 years old) is in need of a new phone. Was considering the Q5 on a contract, but now with the N4 at $249, he might go that way since he doesn't have to commit to a 2 year deal with the carrier. On top, the carrier (Telus) gives 10% discount on the monthly plan if bring your own device.
    08-28-13 02:25 PM
    Congrats on a good day

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 03:00 PM
    Q5 subsidized in FR is 1? (6gb data plan), 45? (2gb). Naked price doesn't mean much here, where we still use engagement contracts. On pair (or chaper than) with any other comparable device.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 03:02 PM
    Congrats on a good day

Posted via CB10
    I hope the markets can maintain this, especially with the imminent Syria military action.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-28-13 03:04 PM
    It's quiet around here today

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 03:18 PM
    But 99% of all the TA advice seen are predictions of upward movement. Not a single price drop was ever anticipated by TA chartists here*.

*with the exception of jlagoon, who to his credit always hedges his predictions with a bearish interpretation
    Surely if you give both a bullish and bearish prediction from the same data you are predicting nothing at all? (or you are always right of course)
    08-28-13 03:32 PM
    Surely if you give both a bullish and bearish prediction from the same data you are predicting nothing at all? (or you are always right of course)
    I credit jlagoon's predictions because he makes it clear that his predictions are subject to human interpretation, as opposed to others who make it sound like a scientific formula.
    08-28-13 03:37 PM
    I credit jlagoon's predictions because he makes it clear that his predictions are subject to human interpretation, as opposed to others who make it sound like a scientific formula.
    Like reading tea leaves?
    08-28-13 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-28-13 04:02 PM
    YouTube
    Doom and gloom
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-28-13 04:15 PM
113,256 ... 18011802180318041805 ...