View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting reading today...question, has the WSJ been correct about anything yet? Is this a rumor or fact? Has the company made a statement? I would think everything is up for consideration under the SR?

I think perhaps it was a story for story's sake...after all, who can prove the author wrong (except the company).

Interesting to see if we bounce up off the low or tumble into the mid nines tomorrow. This missle BS is going to free fall allot of fringe plays I think...just being real folks lol...guess if we don't fall to far we pretty much know where we stand.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:54 PM
    IMO. Spin off is like, when DJ spins a record and adds that s#%^t sound in a perfectly sung song and creates a remix. WSJ making blackberry look like a mcgiver.
    As it stands 60 million users would conservatively translate into a valuation of $300 million (ie $5/user). If BBM Inc. does grow to 100 million users, and can turn a profit, not only will the valuation BBM Inc. spike, but also BBRY since they own 100% of the shares.
    08-27-13 06:59 PM
    Okay, let's say they do spinoff into separate BBM shares. Are options screwed?

Posted via CB10
    Why does everyone assume BBM, Inc shares would have to be publically traded? BBRY can own 100% of the shares of a subsidiary of 50% or 20% or whatever, joint venture with Prem & Co, all without any effect on options or the shorts. Guess what - I am pretty sure BBRY owns 100% of the shares in QNX, a wholly owned subsidiary of BBRY. QNX is not BBRY, does not trade shares, but its value is reflected in BBRY shares. BBM, Inc can be and I have argued will be the same exact thing if it comes to fruition. Option and shorts in and of themselves are not effected.
    dusdal and m0de25 like this.
    08-27-13 07:27 PM
    See above
    BlackBerry Holding
    Your 100% is not my favorite
    Why am I still alone...
    Probably 'cause I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    That's the beauty of spinning it off into a separate, privately held (by BBRY) entity. When it comes time to sell it or joint venture with Prem or other investors, it is one easy, near package to be valued and dealt with, not assets held by BBRY to be unwound, or subject to public debate or shareholder vote, BBRY is just selling one asset, BBM, Inc shares.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-27-13 07:34 PM
    8/27/2013; 20 million in volume; closed at $10.03.

Dow Jones dropped 170 points. BBRY dropped $0.40. $10.03 appeared to show good support. I don't think, the BBM Inc. news is a bad one, and caused the stock the dropped. I think, it was the Syria news that played a major role. Today, almost every other tech stock dropped.

Bullish interpretation:
    It is vague for the short term, except for the potential impact of positive news on going private, buyout, and partnership. I think, the 30 minute chart is going to form a new pattern with the action of today. I don't interpret this red day as a sell off, given the volume. Let's see how this plays out this week. This could go down to $9.86, and bounce fast to above $10.03 in the next 3 trading days. Let's hope that it doesn't cross the middle Bollinger Band line, which is at $10 at the moment.

Bearish interpretation:
    The green uptrend line is broken, and the bottom parallel line is broken as well. Next support is $9.86.

--

To the people, who think that TA is as good as flipping coins, here's a chart for AMD. As you can see, after a break out, it had a symmetrical triangle (blue lines), which is a bullish pattern, and did result in a break out to above $4.50. And then, after ER, it dropped the next day to form a descending triangle for about 3 weeks. If you recall, a descending triangle is a bearish pattern, and today, it completed the pattern by breaking down. No, I didn't just figure this out today. I have followed AMD for some time. Could I have predicted based on TA that AMD is going to break down? Yes, I could. Could I have predicted the same for BBRY? No, I could not, because I don't find enough info to form that prediction.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-27-8.31.13-pm.jpg

Anyway, here's my BBRY charts:

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-27-7.20.20-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-27-7.22.31-pm.jpg
    08-27-13 07:47 PM
    Anyone know what Scoreloop is, it's another BBRY subsidiary as is RIM-France. Congrats to SF on that one, your own special company!
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    08-27-13 07:47 PM
    Anyone know what Scoreloop is, it's another BBRY subsidiary as is RIM-France. Congrats to SF on that one, your own special company!
    Score loop looks to be a gaming platform..on Android?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:59 PM
    Score loop looks to be a gaming platform..on Android?

Posted via CB10
    I remember BlackBerry bought it couple years ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:01 PM
    I remember BlackBerry bought it couple years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting....they are into a bunch of neat things, here is a link:
    http://www.scoreloop.com/?

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-13 08:04 PM
    Scoreloop was acquired by BlackBerry which powers the social gaming aspect on BB10. Android just did something similar and announced it at the Nexus 7 event not too long ago. I'm not sure if that's Google's own thing or it is powered by Scoreloop.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-13 08:11 PM
    Just checking in to see jlagoon's daily BBRY TA.
    He has been like clockwork lately. Hope he is OK.
    Hi carbon fibre; I am fine. I have had a few things to do in my late afternoon times recently. I appreciate the message.
    08-27-13 08:11 PM
    Also thanks for the AMD chart JLagoon! I just got in on AMD and it's nice to get some TA on it on the drop today.

Very similar to BBRY with 23% short float.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    08-27-13 08:12 PM
    Thanks JL for your AMD chart as well. Got in a little early at 3.7, what's your thoughts on where this is going as my plan is to hold till Jan after the holidays.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-27-13 08:19 PM
    Here is a chart to show a perspective in a 1 year period.

Hi Morgan; do you think the blue line in this chart represents the uptrend line on Abigail Doolittle's chart? Thank you.

--
    As you can see on this chart, the SP has created a movement that is similar to the one in the same period last year. See how it dropped, after June ER, downtrend, reverse (1), first top (2), second top (3), and downtrend (4). You can look at the RSI peaks and valleys as well, and see how they look quite familiar. Including the MACD. The good thing about this is that last year, the SP was at $6 - $7. Now, the SP is at $9 - $10. It appears that the SP is forming the 4th step. If history repeats itself, then September is going to look quite nice.

See no. 5, that's the peak in September that could happen. Afterward, can you see the drop in late September? Yes, that was ER again. And then in early October, it goes up again. But this is getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see what happens in the near term of going into mid September.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-27-9.17.36-pm.jpg
    08-27-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks JL for your AMD chart as well. Got in a little early at 3.7, what's your thoughts on where this is going as my plan is to hold till Jan after the holidays.
    Hi abouthsu; Considering that you plan to hold until January, I would follow the news about the sales on PS4 and Xbox closely, because the sales on this could help making AMD profitable again. I do not know, which ER will recognize the chip sales for the consoles. Nevertheless, there is an uptrend line from November 2012 - April 2013. I don't think, the SP will go back down under $3. In the short term, it just completed a descending triangle pattern. Let's see, when we will see a potential reversal.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-27-9.52.21-pm.jpg
    cjcampbell, abouthsu and lcjr like this.
    08-27-13 08:55 PM
    Thanks JLagoon! Yep, I'm not seeing AMD going back under 3.00 either and will invest hard right before the holidays and monitor it throughout January. I'll sell after January ER.

I'm also taking advantage of SIRI while the prices are dropping temporarily. I'm in with SIRI, AMD, and BBRY right now. I'll hold onto BBRY and SIRI for quite a while.
    abouthsu and JLagoon like this.
    08-27-13 09:07 PM
    Well lookey here:

And I include this for lcjr:

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, abouthsu and 1 others like this.
    08-27-13 09:31 PM
    Freakin awesome! I can't wait until the Z30 hits the shelves. That Whitesnake video brings back funny memories man. lol
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-27-13 09:40 PM
    Dang man, Tesla is over the $167 mark now. I cant wait to see how they continue at this rate...
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    08-27-13 09:43 PM
    JL, thank you so much for your analysis. So you been following AMD for a while? What's your reason, if you invested in AMD as well hope three of us will make a little in the short term. ;-)
    lcjr likes this.
    08-27-13 09:50 PM
    Well, gotta get things ready for tomorrow, so I'll say goodnight. Tomorrow's another day. Have a great evening gang.
    08-27-13 09:58 PM
    GREAT to have you back with us M+8!

FYI my ignore list has grown lately as well. Long at 36ish. LoL

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Is that why you never return my calls(!?)
    08-27-13 10:24 PM
    As it stands 60 million users would conservatively translate into a valuation of $300 million (ie $5/user). If BBM Inc. does grow to 100 million users, and can turn a profit, not only will the valuation BBM Inc. spike, but also BBRY since they own 100% of the shares.
    Does $5 per user seem ultraconservative relative to whatsapp, Skype etc?

I would argue that the percentage of 'users' on BBM that are actually much more active and engaged when compared with these?

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    08-27-13 10:46 PM
    Can't think that way, the global picture is dim at the moment with another possible middle east conflict every market in the world is red, can't expect BBRY to go against global markets. Good day to add or start positions in many stocks though imo since I believe the initial reaction is just a shock effect and it will pass in a few days
    Why not? BlackBerry is up against the rest of the world, may as well add the global markets to the load.

Back to staring at the wall....
    08-27-13 10:49 PM
    Does $5 per user seem ultraconservative relative to whatsapp, Skype etc?

I would argue that the percentage of 'users' on BBM that are actually much more active and engaged when compared with these?

What do you think?
    A lot of BBM users became BBM users because they were trying to save money. I'm referring to Indonesia, South Africa, LATAM, Nigeria, etc. That fact, plus their location, limits their attractiveness to marketers.
    08-27-13 10:57 PM
113,252 ... 17961797179817991800 ...