View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    " According to sources, BBM Inc. could become a subsidiary of BlackBerry that would focus solely on BBM across BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices."
    It's not being sold, just separated out. If it becomes a limited company and trades under a new ticker (BBM), what do the shorts do? If you were 100 shares short, are you now 70 shares short in BB and 30 shares short in BBM? I think they would all have to cover their shorts before the split?????
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-13 11:23 AM
    Pretty strange article. As if lawyers care how much a Q10 would cost them - they just pass it on to the client. Another couple billable hours would cover it.
    LOL, that was my very first thought on reading it as well. The article had zero credibility for me after that.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-27-13 11:28 AM
    " According to sources, BBM Inc. could become a subsidiary of BlackBerry that would focus solely on BBM across BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices."
    It's not being sold, just separated out. If it becomes a limited company and trades under a new ticker (BBM), what do the shorts do? If you were 100 shares short, are you now 70 shares short in BB and 30 shares short in BBM? I think they would all have to cover their shorts before the split?????
    if you were 100 BB short, why would that turn into 70? you continue to have 100 short. the only thing is you have to come up with BBM shares.
    08-27-13 11:29 AM
    That's enough for today, taking profits here. All the best for a great day everyone.
    LOL again. As if we needed proof of another reincarnation. Did you manage 0.35% ROI this time too?
    08-27-13 11:30 AM
    08-27-13 11:31 AM
    The market isn't buying the WSJ story I take.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-27-13 11:31 AM
    added two more to the ignore list.
    three
    Four
    Listening to Mambo # Five now
    Last edited by sidhuk; 08-27-13 at 12:59 PM.
    abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    08-27-13 11:36 AM
    Pretty strange article. As if lawyers care how much a Q10 would cost them - they just pass it on to the client. Another couple billable hours would cover it.
    You mean billable minutes. Mine bills at $450 an hour.

She still dumped her BlackBerry for an S4 last month. No two device packing either.

I really don't care what she packs as long as she keeps crushing my counter-claimants, but I did mention it when I saw it on her desk (had that flip case with the clock window so I knew it was an S3 or S4). She is happy with it but did comment that the muscle memory she had for the Blackberry is taking a while to overcome.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-27-13 11:45 AM
    08-27-13 11:46 AM
    A modern lawyer at a reasonably high-end firm wouldn't need a couple of billable hours to cover the cost of a Q10. An hour will do just fine.

EDIT: carbon fibre beat me to it
    morganplus8, dusdal and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-13 11:46 AM
    I was going to say tomorrow will present a better picture but it's oh so a coincidence that the stock is tanking further once details of BBM Inc came about.

(I sound like a right troll, I know :-( )

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:48 AM
    The market isn't buying the WSJ story I take.
    Or the market sees it as BB spinning off BBM before the rest of the company is sold and chopped up into pieces.
    08-27-13 11:50 AM
    I can't see them spinning it off. Channels may become their biggest revenue stream once it really gets going. Personally, I would definitely check out a Nike Channel, for specials if it existed.
    Possibly a bad example.
    I would definitely check out a Hooters channel or a Tilted Kilt channel.

I know a lot of people that look for discounts from retailers and restaurants on Facebook and "other" social media. So I see CHANNELS having a LOT of potential. Of course it has the same potential, and problems that BB10 had at launch, chicken/egg. If a restaurant like TGI Friday's isn't going to bother with a BB10 App, why would they bother with a BBM Channel? And if TGI Friday's isn't going to bother with BBM, why should a consumer that eats at TGI Friday's bother using BBM Channels???

BlackBerry has big plans for BBM and is putting a lot into it... I just not sure the public is going to care on way or another, unless BlackBerry is able to provide a fully integrated and fully featured app.... for free (at least in the beginning).
    m1a1mg and bondary like this.
    08-27-13 11:51 AM
    This guy from Greece continue to be writing positive about blackberry. this article from yesterday is pretty good.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Don't Look The BlackBerry Gift Horse In The Mouth - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-13 11:57 AM
    I know a lot of people that look for discounts from retailers and restaurants on Facebook and "other" social media. So I see CHANNELS having a LOT of potential. Of course it has the same potential, and problems that BB10 had at launch, chicken/egg. If a restaurant like TGI Friday's isn't going to bother with a BB10 App, why would they bother with a BBM Channel? And if TGI Friday's isn't going to bother with BBM, why should a consumer that eats at TGI Friday's bother using BBM Channels???.......
    Having used (and currently using more and more) bbm channels, I would think the barrier to entry for a bbm channel is much lower than creating an application.

It takes about 3 minutes to create a channel and the same or less per post. Similar to a twitter account.
    08-27-13 12:04 PM
    Having used (and currently using more and more) bbm channels, I would think the barrier to entry for a bbm channel is much lower than creating an application.

It takes about 3 minutes to create a channel and the same or less per post. Similar to a twitter account.
    And they can post from the desktop browser by signing in on BBM Channels website. It really is a breeze.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:10 PM
    Spinning BBM off sounds like a complicated way or saying "screwing over shareholders"
    m1a1mg and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-27-13 12:11 PM
    A modern lawyer at a reasonably high-end firm wouldn't need a couple of billable hours to cover the cost of a Q10. An hour will do just fine.

EDIT: carbon fibre beat me to it
    it is $750 an hour, not including that same hour is billed to two or three clients.
    LoL, unless law society audits and client confirms.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-13 12:12 PM
    Spinning BBM off sounds like a complicated way or saying "screwing over shareholders"
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt here. Can you explain what you mean? How do you see this spinoff as screwing over the shareholders?
    08-27-13 12:12 PM
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt here. Can you explain what you mean? How do you see this spinoff as screwing over the shareholders?
    I am not as gracious as you are any more. 9 posts and all are just bash bash.
    08-27-13 12:17 PM
    08-27-13 12:20 PM
    Jeeze, I can't keep up with the trolling...

I am not as gracious as you are any more. 9 posts and all are just bash bash.
    silversun10, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-27-13 12:24 PM
    It just smells like they are going to piece the company apart and sell the ones that companies are willing to pay for and leaving us with a depressed SP still. I just hope that if they are going to sell that they sell blackberry as a whole. Not as little pieces leaving us with a shell of a company with just parts of the business that are not profitable.
    08-27-13 12:27 PM
    right, SHORT shareholders will have to find BBM shares, OUCH...
    dusdal, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-27-13 12:27 PM
    Jeeze, I can't keep up with the trolling...
    LoL, I gotta admit, I love it, by making the whole PAGE grey for people on my ignore list, KEEPS EM GUESSING, WHAT ELSE IS POSITIVE FOR BLACKBERRY THAT I AM POSTING?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-13 12:34 PM
113,256 ... 17921793179417951796 ...