View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What can you make of a drop in the institutional holdings percentage for BBRY?

I just noticed that it's at 56% on Google Finance. Much lower than before.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:20 PM
    This shall be yours.

Posted via CB10
    I can't wait for Z30, I'm so getting one as soon its available in Canada.
    08-26-13 06:01 PM
    stock charts are a tool. if you don't know how to use it, well that is your problem.
    Allow me to help you rephrase it -

Stock charts are a tool. If you don't know how to use it, you are ! ! !

Can be a good signature for Morgan too.
    08-26-13 06:16 PM
    I can't wait for Z30, I'm so getting one as soon its available in Canada.
    Me too! Me too! :-)
    08-26-13 06:53 PM
    It's coming!

08-26-13 07:01 PM
    It's coming!

LoL, Makes it looks like "Blackberry is coming to Samsung".
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-26-13 07:27 PM
    WSJ on BB's patent portfolio.

The Numbers Behind BlackBerry�s Patent Goldmine - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

"Alongside about $2.8 billion in cash and short-term investments, the patent portfolio, conservatively valued at $2.5 billion, could mean easy money for investors trying to take BlackBerry private. Scotiabank estimates the company�s cash and patents alone are worth $10.16 per share, and with stock currently trading at $10.53, you basically get a free company included on the side."
    Calculations like this are pointless.

You can't have both the patents and the ongoing business. Sell the patents and you basically kill the company as an ongoing concern. That is, the patents have value and the business does not. Want to keep the business going, the business is worth the future free cash flows and the patents are of no value.

To tired to explain in further detail. I hope this makes sense.
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:42 PM
    Wow those new mods to Morgan8 have got him tweaked to near perfection. Thanks for all the positive reminders while we're hip-deep wading through all the shi- t being flung at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:44 PM
    FWIW:

I went into Verizon today. The Z10 phone was nice. It was in demo mode but there was a button at the bottom that allowed you to exit demo mode and you could play with it. There was a second Z10 that seems to be in demo mode.

The two Q10s seemed to be locked in demo mode also.

Didn't talk to any sales reps. My kids wanted to go in and look around so I allowed it.
    08-26-13 07:46 PM
    Did any alarms go off?
    08-26-13 07:47 PM
    LoL, Makes it looks like "Blackberry is coming to Samsung".
    Yes, waiting anxiously.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-26-13 07:54 PM
    08-26-13 08:03 PM
    Yes, waiting anxiously.

IMO Samsung will do a better job of advertising BBM than blackberry can.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-13 08:07 PM
    Here's the text for those that don't want to click:

700K of the 1.2M apps available for iPhone, Android, and Windows are zombies

Sixty percent of the617,436 apps on Apple?s app store have never been updated and have fewer than 10 reviews. Forty-one percent of the 484,271 apps on Google Play are in the same boat, and an astonishing 69 percent of Windows Phone apps are essentially sitting by the phone, lonely, waiting for the call that will never come.

This is how developers? dreams are dashed.

Mobile testing service StarDust released a new study today that compares total apps, publishers, rate of new apps being added, monetization details, and more about the three main global app stores: iOS, Windows Phone, and Google Play.

In total, half of all apps will never be updated, a clear signal that they have not managed to reach a significant level of use ? or a significant level of return on investment.In addition, most applications will get the vast majority of reviews ? and downloads, presumably ? within about two weeks. The average iOS app gets 80 percent of its reviews in the first 18 days of its public life, and this is even quicker for Android and Windows Phone: 16 days and 13 days.

In fact, 68 percent of all Google Play apps are downloaded fewer than 5,000 times ? a death knell for any monetization attempts.

The staggering odds have not deterred developers, however.On average, 2,371 new apps are published each and every day.

Forty-seven percent of them are published on Android, while 41 percent are published on iOS, and 12 percent of them are launched on Windows Phone. While more apps are being published on Android, more publishers still join Apple?s developer program and publish apps daily. 90 new developers publish an app on iOS daily, versus 75 on Google Play.

Interestingly, developers update much more frequently on Android:While every day 806 iOS apps are updated, 2,341 Android apps are updated.

?This can be explained by a common practice of Android developers who publish an update in order to position their applications into the top ranking,? StarDust said in a statement. ?It also can be due to the fragmentation of the platform that requires more maintenance and regular patches.?

Another factor, almost certainly, is Apple must vet that iOS updates, adding days or weeks to the update process. This is probably why the average update cycle for apps with at least 10 versions is over two months on iOS but just a month and a half on Android. Windows Phone is the fastest-updating, at just over a month.

StarDust?s numbers on applications for each app store are lower than self-reported numbers as well as data from alternative sources.For example, Apple said back in June that 900,000 apps had been published on the iOS app store, while Google Play likely hit a million apps last month. I?ve asked the company for an explanation, but it is likely due to the subtraction of expired apps, which have not been updated to current operating systems, or have aged off the app store due to lapsed developer status, and so forth.

While Apple?s app store is still the revenue king, with half of all apps paid compared to 32 percent for Android, Google Play is still likely growing revenue twice as fast.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:14 PM
    Great find sir...timely indeed.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    08-26-13 08:14 PM
    Yes, waiting anxiously.

Are you getting your Q10 on Friday?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-13 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me thinks BK is a Z30 guy' :-)
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-26-13 08:20 PM
    It's coming!

This is one example makes Samsung so successful. They managed to cut a deal with BlackBerry which will help Samsung sell phones, at the expense of BlackBerry. What a deal! They also manage to give the impression that they have an exclusive on BBM even though it will be in the Play Store so they will sell phones at the expense of other phone.
    08-26-13 08:23 PM
    How exactly is Blackberry going to make money by making BBM cross platform? I know TH said they have a plan to monetize it, but other than that, nothing has been said by blackberry. So, what are they thinking?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-26-13 08:25 PM
    Me thinks BK is a Z30 guy' :-)
    +1
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-26-13 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can't, paying for a wedding and no upgrade 'til November. I was eyeing the Z30, as noted.

bungaboy, lcjr and Elite1 like this.
    08-26-13 08:28 PM
    There is a foul smell in here again and not a fan to clear the air.
    08-26-13 08:30 PM
    This is one example makes Samsung so successful. They managed to cut a deal with BlackBerry which will help Samsung sell phones, at the expense of BlackBerry. What a deal! They also manage to give the impression that they have an exclusive on BBM even though it will be in the Play Store so they will sell phones at the expense of other phone.
    You keep saying that and everyone has an opinion however...you knew that was coming did'nt ya.... you have any shred of proof that's how it wl shake out? What happens if the opposite happens and it draws people back?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:32 PM
    "Evidence....how dare you"

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:35 PM
    Feed them and they multiply. Worse than wabbits and fruit flies.
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    08-26-13 08:35 PM
113,256 ... 17871788178917901791 ...