View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OMG what a fantastic weekend! Missed all the action here to include CJs adventure but I'm glad I took a few days off. I'm very much looking forward to this week and would love to hear some news. Did I miss anything??
    08-25-13 09:25 PM
    OMG what a fantastic weekend! Missed all the action here to include CJs adventure but I'm glad I took a few days off. I'm very much looking forward to this week and would love to hear some news. Did I miss anything??
    Nothing worth wasting your time to read...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-25-13 09:35 PM
    Ok, we'll maybe we hear something this week, like BB will continue business and continue making progress rolling out their devices and getting customers for their software.
    08-25-13 09:43 PM
    Ok, we'll maybe we hear something this week, like BB will continue business and continue making progress rolling out their devices and getting customers for their software.
    Yup, time for some little bits of good news to trickle out.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-25-13 09:47 PM
    Glad to see CJ survived the weekend. Last time I brought two hot babe's to a friends house, I was still single and in Oklahoma. We ended up spending three days doing some wild things on the East side Galveston Island Texas beach and everything was awesome until my Uncles that lived on Galveston saw me. Fun was over quick. Lol
    08-25-13 09:57 PM
    Well, tomorrow's another day and we'll see what news awaits us. Good night all.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-25-13 10:16 PM
    Looks like Fairfax is selling some stuff to acquire extra capital. Maybe they are looking to invest it in something *hint hint*

Fairfax strikes deal with Tower to sell ASI subsidiary - The Globe and Mail
    dusdal, abouthsu, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    08-25-13 11:29 PM
    So it's terrible data and everyone disputes it but it is trending up! So are page hits totally erellavent?

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013...medium=twitter

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    08-26-13 12:01 AM
    Unintentional irony is the best type.

First sentence:
    "Yawn, apps talk again."

Last sentence:
    "XBBM is the first set of the key and I do hope they use it wisely."

You do realise that cross platform BBM will be an (yawn) *app* don't you?
    Again your entitle to your own opinion, and you sounds like you have a crystal ball that already predicted the future. What are you doing here then? *yawn*
    08-26-13 01:22 AM
    I wish you all the best of luck. I hope that your unwavering love of Blackberry does not cloud your best judgement.

Just beware that BBRY is really controlled by people who could care less about the stock holders. Do not think that because Blackberry was once great, it has to be great again. History does not guarantee it to be a survivor.

After over 6000 post I leave you now. May all of you make better choices in the future.
    08-26-13 03:26 AM
    May all of you make better choices in the future.
    I'm fine with my choices Tks! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    Something tells me this goodbye just won't last!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:05 AM
    So it's terrible data and everyone disputes it but it is trending up! So are page hits totally erellavent?

BlackBerry's U.S. Market Share Exceeds 6% For First Time in Months | The Gadget Masters

Posted via CB10
    Well, given the complications and history no-one should base investment decisions on it.
    ibpluto and peter9477 like this.
    08-26-13 05:50 AM

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013...medium=twitter

Posted via CB10
    I wish that was a metric we could use, but Stats counter has proven historically it is simply not accurate and cannot be used as an indicator

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-26-13 06:38 AM
    Just throwing this out there ....last ER the sell side and hedges played the spin perfectly allowing even BlackBerry's guidance to be forgotten in hopes of positive results ...they made a killing on the price melt when the numbers came in...even though it was within guidance and volumes increased. Spin works and that's a fact Jack.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 7 others like this.
    08-26-13 06:51 AM
    08-26-13 07:06 AM
    Looks like Fairfax is selling some stuff to acquire extra capital. Maybe they are looking to invest it in something *hint hint*

Fairfax strikes deal with Tower to sell ASI subsidiary - The Globe and Mail
    Am I reading that wrong, or is Fairfax buying something in that article?
    08-26-13 07:08 AM
    08-26-13 07:25 AM
    I wish you all the best of luck. I hope that your unwavering love of Blackberry does not cloud your best judgement.

Just beware that BBRY is really controlled by people who could care less about the stock holders. Do not think that because Blackberry was once great, it has to be great again. History does not guarantee it to be a survivor.

After over 6000 post I leave you now. May all of you make better choices in the future.
    Well i guess you figure your judgement is superior to other posters here, who needs that? So, good luck.
    08-26-13 07:31 AM
    Well, it's been awhile now and I'm glad to be back. I followed some of the thread over the past 8 days and must say we sure do get enough trolls here. Some of the negativity is completely baseless so I'll have to place more new comers, and some old ones, on ignore. Having said that, BlackBerry is setting up for another rally here.

Here is the latest chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-25-2013-chart.jpg

Two Sunday's ago, I posted to the board that we would find support at $ 10.00/shr and be lucky to even breakeven during the week as the stock needed to consolidate its gains from the low of $ 8.59/shr. That's just what happened, we dropped back to my green channel lines and this forecast still holds today. I do believe that my green channel lines are what we can look forward to for weeks to come. We have based enough now and we're ready to resume our climb back to the $ 11.00 plus levels (note the $ 11.50/shr level of first resistance).

Here is the chart levels and support for the stock to date:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-25a-2013-chart.jpg

We are doing an excellent job of trending above the 20-ema and we're closing above the 3-ema now which sets us up for a rally here. Watch those levels for a sign of a change in the trend here. The stock is doing very well while we wait for further news. For me, BB 10.2 and BBM cross platform are my two important news releases in the weeks ahead. I don't expect much to happen on the "corporate review" front for several weeks as this all takes time.

Now for my rant, if I read a comment that suggests that BlackBerry's handset or hardware division is worth nothing, I stop reading the article, or message immediately. That kind of claim is too stupid to be true and not worth reading. The rule in business is that you keep any part of your business that generates revenue above hard costs. If BlackBerry can make phones for $ 250/unit and sell them for $ 450/unit, they will continue to produce them to cover other costs. The goal is to right size the product so that it flows to the EPS line. But anything above and beyond cost of manufacturing is a go. So if they produce 15 million handsets a year and make $ 200/unit toward other costs of doing business, the product only needs to be brought to scale to hit their profit margins. By producing for Enterprise (with some consumers wanting a "corporate device too") they will match their production with the cost of sales/marketing and make it profitable. The patent on qwerty guarantees they can make exclusive phones forever to that business sector. How many manufacturers in the world have exclusive rights to something that millions want to own? So getting back to my original numbers, $ 3 billion a year towards "other costs" is huge and BlackBerry can value that revenue (net of production costs) as a real asset. Anyone could buy the handset business and run it to scale and make money, and that's at only 15 million units per year. I value the handset business at $ 2.5 billion alone and not likely for sale either. I suspect they will sell the manufacturing rights and collect a royalty forever at some point but they will always be attached to the handset side of the business in the future. To say that $ 7.5 - $ 8.0 B in revenue is not worth anything to a business is just plain stupid. There, that felt good! GL

PS. Thanks for all of the kind words over the past few days, much appreciated. Things are slowly improving each month now. Thanks again!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 08-26-13 at 12:59 PM.
    08-26-13 08:27 AM
    Good morning gang!! This could be the week to hear some real news, but if not I'll settle for a slight increase in SP. lol. I hope everyone has a great day and let's see what's in store for us this week.
    08-26-13 08:31 AM
    Man it's good to see you back Morgan!
    08-26-13 08:35 AM
    Thank you M+8.

Thank you for addressing one of the things I just couldn't understand about all the articles lately - that hardware is worth nothing. It makes no sense to me that Blackberry should exit the hardware business, but since I am not a business professional I started to think that I was missing something.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, georg22 and 9 others like this.
    08-26-13 08:39 AM
    Well, it's been awhile now and I'm glad to be back. I followed some of the thread over the past 8 days and must say we sure do get enough trolls here. Some of the negativity is completely baseless so I'll have to place more new comers, and some old ones, on ignore. Having said that, BlackBerry is setting up for another rally here.

Here is the latest chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY August 25 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	195869

Two Sunday's ago, I posted to the board that we would find support at $ 10.00/shr and be lucky to even breakeven during the week as the stock needed to consolidate its gains from the low of $ 8.59/shr. That's just what happened, we dropped back to my green channel lines and this forecast still holds today. I do believe that my green channel lines are what we can look forward to for weeks to come. We have based enough now and we're ready to resume our climb back to the $ 11.00 plus levels (note the $ 11.50/shr level of first resistance).

Here is the chart levels and support for the stock to date:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY August 25a 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	1073 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	195870

We are doing an excellent job of trending above the 20-ema and we're closing above the 3-ema now which sets us up for a rally here. Watch those levels for a sign of a change in the trend here. The stock is doing very well while we wait for further news. For me, BB 10.2 and BBM cross platform are my two important news releases in the weeks ahead. I don't expect much to happen on the "corporate review" front for several weeks as this all takes time.

Now for my rant, if I read a comment that suggests that BlackBerry's handset or hardware division is worth nothing, I stop reading the article, or message immediately. That kind of claim is too stupid to be true and not worth reading. The rule in business is that you keep any part of your business that generates revenue above hard costs. If BlackBerry can make phones for $ 250/unit and sell them for $ 450/unit, they will continue to produce them to cover other costs. The goal is to right size the product so that it flows to the EPS line. But anything above and beyond cost of manufacturing is a go. So if they produce 15 million handsets a year and make $ 200/unit toward other costs of doing business, the product only needs to be brought to scale to hit their profit margins. By producing for Enterprise (with some consumers wanting a "corporate device too") they will match their production with the cost of sales/marketing and make it profitable. The patent on qwerty guarantees they can make exclusive phones forever to that business sector. How many manufacturers in the world have exclusive rights to something that millions want to own? So getting back to my original numbers, $ 3 billion a year towards "other costs" is huge and BlackBerry can value that revenue (net of production costs) as a real asset. Anyone could buy the handset business and run it to scale and make money, and that's at only 15 million units per year. I value the handset business at $ 2.5 billion alone and not likely for sale either. I suspect they will sell the manufacturing rights and collect a royalty forever at some point but they will always be attached to the handset side of the business in the future. To say that $ 7.5 - $ 8.0 in revenue is not worth anything to a business is just plain stupid. There, that felt good! GL

PS. Thanks for all of the kind words over the past few days, much appreciated. Things are slowly improving each month now. Thanks again!
    Great to have you back Morgan! Thanks for the "rant". Great way to start the week!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    08-26-13 08:41 AM
    Happy to see you back M8 and thanks for the insight!
    08-26-13 08:44 AM
    anyone seen Nokia's new plan? They are going to drive out to the desert and build a massive bonfire out of hundreds of million dollars and then set fire to it.

Oh wait my mistake, they plan to release a surface RT tablet, you can understand my confusion.
    08-26-13 08:48 AM
113,250 ... 17841785178617871788 ...