View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bell pushing BB in promo. Just got this email.

They dropped the Z10 pricing significantly, on par with the Q5.

Attachment 195178
    Yup, I saw a similar ad in the newspaper yesterday.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000690_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:10 PM
    IMHO, maybe just me but I rather see them pushing hard for BB10 Devices even if its at a discounted level. hardware revenue is important but once u have someone on contract, maximum 2 years in Canada, the service revenue that comes with that term should out weight the cost of the hardware. beside, we keep hearing subscriber dropping so, might not be a bad way to create or maintain subscriber counts.
    08-23-13 01:13 PM
    IMHO, maybe just me but I rather see them pushing hard for BB10 Devices even if its at a discounted level. hardware revenue is important but once u have someone on contract, maximum 2 years in Canada, the service revenue that comes with that term should out weight the cost of the hardware. beside, we keep hearing subscriber dropping so, might not be a bad way to create or maintain subscriber counts.
    They aren't giving the subscriber number going forward and there is no service revenue with BB10s handsets. Just handset revenue.
    fedakd likes this.
    08-23-13 01:18 PM
    Food for thought: What if BlackBerry never released that press statement 2 weeks ago? Where do you think the stock would be at right now and what do you think the morale around CrackBerry would be?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:26 PM
    Food for thought: What if BlackBerry never released that press statement 2 weeks ago? Where do you think the stock would be at right now and what do you think the morale around CrackBerry would be?

Posted via CB10
    Sub 8? Much much lower.
    lcjr and m1a1mg like this.
    08-23-13 01:34 PM
    definitely better than it is right now (in terms of morale on the site, not SP). That's why I thought when they announced it that something was cooking behind the scenes already in terms of a deal. Why else would they do it? It's not like they are going bankrupt tomorrow, with their cash pile it would still take quite a while to get to that point. So either something will be announced soon or it was a smokescreen for Prem to leave the board imho.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-23-13 01:34 PM
    definitely better than it is right now (in terms of morale on the site, not SP). That's why I thought when they announced it that something was cooking behind the scenes already in terms of a deal. Why else would they do it? It's not like they are going bankrupt tomorrow, with their cash pile it would still take quite a while to get to that point. So either something will be announced soon or it was a smokescreen for Prem to leave the board imho.
    I really hope they have something cooking behind closed doors, preferably the Kitchen door and not the Jacuzzi door.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-23-13 01:49 PM
    Sub 8? Much much lower.
    If they announced their offer on BES 10 like they did this week, then I could have seen it going to 8, the media would have taken Blackberry's silence and that particular press release as an outcry for help.

Posted via CB10
    leafs123 likes this.
    08-23-13 01:50 PM
    Heins to become CEO of Microsoft? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:14 PM
    They aren't giving the subscriber number going forward and there is no service revenue with BB10s handsets. Just handset revenue.
    I think there is as for as i learned, it is around couple of bucks per month. correct me if i am wrong.
    08-23-13 02:16 PM
    I think there is as for as i learned, it is around couple of bucks per month. correct me if i am wrong.
    Not with BB10 devices...legacy devices, yes.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-23-13 02:20 PM
    http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/0...ust-be-dumped/

Very relevant for BBM

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 and Dapper37 like this.
    08-23-13 02:34 PM
    Really appreciate your work!!!! Thanks
    The regular members here have been comporting themselves well. However, the snark comments being fired will be dealt with if it doesn't cease. There is no reason to try and drag this thread into the morass unnecessarily. There's plenty of that outside. Better it is left there.
    lcjr, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-23-13 02:35 PM
    Just love it.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-23-13 02:45 PM
    My own gut feeling is that the Special committee was formed because they realise that WP is going to solidly beat them and (on handset volume they are not even in the top ten anymore) sales are effectively collapsing - the value is in the services and the IP with very little in OS/Hardware. Stories like this indicate the rapid growth of WP8 (fueled by cheap devices) and others the decline of BB in former strongholds like the middle east.
    I was pretty sure BRRY was going to fail in the handset market, but carve out a profitable niche in software, primarily MDM. Not saying I am a brilliant market analyst, this is far from a fringe viewpoint.

The problem I see now is that by slashing their annual CAL by *80%* they have made it pretty clear that BES10 is not catching on. In fact at that rate there is probably no money to be made at all. The only way to make money there would be to suck up losses, or charitably break even, for a long time (certainly more than a year)until their MDM market share was high enough to allow them to crank up the CAL prices to a profitable amount.

So it looks to me now:
    -hardware trending rapidly to zero as many analysts now state.
    -old school services revenue accelerating downward.
    -software, minus any significant revenue from MDM, low and declining for at least a year.

Hopefully Heins will pleasantly surprise with decent BB10 numbers (they have significantly discounted handset prices), and at least report a big uptick in BES10 numbers leading to the hope of future MDM profits at a more normal price. They still have a bunch of cash which should give them some maneuvering room, but I don't know how they should maneuver. Perhaps like they are trying with BES10. Loss leader prices to gain market share?
    cgk likes this.
    08-23-13 02:54 PM
    GREEN the whole day!! And on a Friday! Woot Woot! lol
    sidhuk, Bugmapper, take99 and 12 others like this.
    08-23-13 03:00 PM
    My IGNORE List is growing fast.
    08-23-13 03:00 PM
    That's a wrap folks!
    Nice that support held and even went greenish to the end of the week on low volume. I guess nobody is shorting under the threat of a potential deal.

Have a good weekend.
    lcjr, sidhuk, leafs123 and 10 others like this.
    08-23-13 03:13 PM
    Am I mistaken, or was the coverage relentlessly negative this week? I'm pleasantly surprised that the share price went up slightly from Monday.

I wonder if the price stability is a combination of, as Bugmapper noted, an unwillingness to short the stock with the potential for a deal, and a lot of the negative aspects already being priced in. I'm not saying the share price can't drop - I think it very well could fall back a good bit - but I wonder if the current price is more realistic about the strengths, weaknesses, and risks of BlackBerry. I.e., investors have come to realize that BlackBerry assets are, you know, actually assets, and not toxic substances requiring Hazardous Materials placards on them.
    08-23-13 03:37 PM
    Lol....so this isn't Faucette :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-24-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, zyben, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    08-23-13 03:47 PM
    On the road. New MS CEO?
    Food for thought... jmho.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-23-13 04:08 PM
    On the road. New MS CEO?
    Food for thought... jmho.

Posted via CB10
    Spill the bean SFly....lol

Posted via CB10
    take99, Bugmapper and BergerKing like this.
    08-23-13 04:10 PM
    Just another video released discussing BB going private.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/black...0nZvPCWJQ.html
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-23-13 04:11 PM
    Just another video released discussing BB going private.

[video]http://www.bloomberg.com/video/blackberry-headed-for-a-breakup-T5QBqt3JRAalS0nZvPCWJQ.html[/url]
    Just one of many opinions floating around.
    BergerKing and rarsen like this.
    08-23-13 04:17 PM
    Ballmer still has a year left at MS.
    08-23-13 04:18 PM
113,256 ... 17781779178017811782 ...