Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not even gold?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    I bought and hold gold from 15 years ago. I got enough.
    08-23-13 10:44 AM
    I can appreciate your position but why then, do you continue to now just say it's all over and spread fud on this page? Seeing as your a non BlackBerry owner, a non BlackBerry share holder, and a non BlackBerry fan, I fail to understand your reasoning. I have liked a lot of your input over the months but as of late, it's been nothing but doom and gloom. Hell, just last week, or was it the week before, you made a pretty decent return yet you continue to bash this stock.

I highly doubt they will have an offer before the next ER unless it comes from PW as he is the only one with intimate knowledge of how they stand currently. Any other suitor will be waiting to see the results to get a more accurate valuation and see how much cash is left. Seeing as TH gave forward guidance stating higher spending and a loss for the Q, it would be pretty rash for anyone not to wait at least the month and a bit to consider this. Even then, who says it will be sold? I'm fairly certain that the announced news was to just explain and give credence to PW leaving the board. It was nothing new as we've heard it all before. Had Prem just slipped away without the accompanied news, it would have spread more doubt and shareholders selling at a rate higher than after the last ER.

Posted via CB10
    Because I can.

And you know as well as I do that there are MANY here that would love to sell except they are so "under water" they think they can't. As BBRY stumbles to 11 or 12 bucks you will see more and more leave. I sincerely hope it gets back to the point where some can at least break even.

Sorry.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-23-13 at 01:42 PM.
    lcjr and m1a1mg like this.
    08-23-13 10:46 AM
    Sorry, the shorts have been FABRICATING stories. Not Reporting on stories. There is NO Question about this Not even in a MILLION Years.
    Like what? The worse story was probably that the return rate was higher than the sales rate on some american carrier, and we dont really know how untrue that was, and it is surely balanced by "Q10 selling 10's of millions" stories or "BB is worth $30 per share at sale" stories?
    08-23-13 10:53 AM
    making ignore list longer.
    Because I Can.
    off to the gym, have a great day folks.
    08-23-13 10:54 AM
    making ignore list longer.
    Because I Can.
    off to the gym, have a great day folks.
    I am getting tired of seeing these Ignore notifications. Starting my own Ignore list, and guess who's No. 1?
    08-23-13 10:59 AM
    I must say this is really the only thread I like coming to now. The rest of this site is like trolls to fly paper. It's gone downhill fast which is a real shame.

There are so many unhappy people out there. It just shows in the tone of a lot of the threads and it has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Smile people remember it's only a mobile phone :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:00 AM
    Longs (such as Prem Watsa for example) have just as much interest in keeping the share price up by spreading positive news. The fact is that for BB reality supports more negative than positive news.
    You think Prem Watsa is still LONG on BBRY? Prem Watsa wants to get a return on his investment - plain and simple. If that means paying a little more to buy the whole cow and then butchering it and cutting it up and selling each pieces to just the right buyer. You can BET that is what he will do. The question is what would it take to get a majority vote on a share price? Prem will make his money either way. The really Big Players are going to want in on the deal with him and will make their money either way. So how many (if any) retail investor will be needed to approve a sale? What is the price point where enough of them will join with Prem? How many bought at $50+? How many bought at $6.22? IF Q2 is bad like some believe, and the stock falls even with a buyout rumored and Thor gives no NEW Plan or hope for improvement... Will Prem still have to pay a premium or will he get BBRY using his senior citizen discount card?

Now it is possible that he sees some opportunity in the pre Q2 result, that has him thinking that he could get BBRY cheaply enough now, but that indicate there is a chance for a 4th platform. So with the right people in place and with the right guidance that his team could relaunch BB10 and be successful where Thor and team have not been. That could very well happen! New device with better specs, lower prices for the first year to build up the user base. Get a few key app players on board. Give the development team another 6 months to tweak BB10...

Anything is possible! NO ONE here know what will or will not happen. Being too negative doesn't accomplish anything, but neither does being overly optimistic. This is about money - for some it is about play money that they may not give a second thought too, for others it is about real money that might should have been left in their kid collage fund or their retirement account.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-23-13 at 11:36 AM.
    morganplus8, lcjr, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    08-23-13 11:01 AM
    I think Watsa's forty dollar target was strictly contrived off of enterprise related services and the potential that specific market holds.

Clearly there are just too many variables to look beyond that. I'm not thinking beyond that at this stage and the drop in Cal fees shows they are serious about leading that field. Seriously, who would you pick if your the IT guru and the platforms are all priced the same?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:14 AM
    The regular members here have been comporting themselves well. However, the snark comments being fired will be dealt with if it doesn't cease. There is no reason to try and drag this thread into the morass unnecessarily. There's plenty of that outside. Better it is left there.
    08-23-13 11:41 AM
    08-23-13 11:42 AM
    I think Watsa's forty dollar target was strictly contrived off of enterprise related services and the potential that specific market holds.

Clearly there are just too many variables to look beyond that. I'm not thinking beyond that at this stage and the drop in Cal fees shows they are serious about leading that field. Seriously, who would you pick if your the IT guru and the platforms are all priced the same?

Posted via CB10

All things being equal, there is no doubt that BlackBerry would be my first, second and third choice.

But people tend to look at the reputation of a company before they buy a product, especially a product that will only work if that company is in business. There is a CLOUD over BlackBerry right now, somehow they need to clear the air and give people a guarantee that any investment today, isn't going to be wasted in 8 months if BB shut down their systems.

I really wonder what the PLAN is for organization like the US government IF the worst were to come about - most likely they could just use the NSA ghost BlackBerry servers as their primary ones
    08-23-13 11:45 AM
    08-23-13 11:49 AM
    All things being equal, there is no doubt that BlackBerry would be my first, second and third choice.

But people tend to look at the reputation of a company before they buy a product, especially a product that will only work if that company is in business. There is a CLOUD over BlackBerry right now, somehow they need to clear the air and give people a guarantee that any investment today, isn't going to be wasted in 8 months if BB shut down their systems.
    Which is why, I am for privatization of BlackBerry. I think once you privatize the company, you remove a lot of incentives form media to report on a non-publicly-traded company. They want to report on stocks; and when there is no stock, there is very little incentive to incessantly talk about a company which doesn't have publicly traded stock.
    08-23-13 11:51 AM
    They want to report on stocks; and when there is no stock, there is very little incentive to incessantly talk about a company which doesn't have publicly traded stock.
    100%
    08-23-13 11:57 AM
    We don't usually see much information come out on Friday. Wishing you all a great weekend.
    08-23-13 12:06 PM

I really wonder what the PLAN is for organization like the US government IF the worst were to come about - most likely they could just use the NSA ghost BlackBerry servers as their primary ones
    I agree they need to ramp up that aspect, clear the air and assure everyone they are not going anywhere...HOWEVER, (lol.)

The only people that think they are dieing are the thirty or so regular posters here (CB) who spew every single negative then spin the positives into a dismal mess. Your up on all the positives they are working on yet choose to highlight the darker articles...then you give a line or two of the opposite side of the issue (which is good I guess).

As far as quarterly reporting you can see it in TH's behaviour at every ER that he hates the things because he knows what is coming...analysts looking for a single misspoke word...even a word taken out of context they can spin to their side of the trade. Watch him at a product announcement or an interview concerning product research...night and day.

BlackBerry is not going anywhere (concerning enterprise) for a long time but they can do a better job conveying that message.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:10 PM
    No he's not. From Detroit.
    You guys can have Detroit if you want. Buffalo too.
    08-23-13 12:23 PM
    Good God, no thanks. Although the Canadian border cities for both of those two US cities aren't much better either!
    cjcampbell and OMGitworks like this.
    08-23-13 12:26 PM
    I'll take the football team (Detroit)...playoff bound baby.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-23-13 12:26 PM
    Like what? The worse story was probably that the return rate was higher than the sales rate on some american carrier, and we dont really know how untrue that was, and it is surely balanced by "Q10 selling 10's of millions" stories or "BB is worth $30 per share at sale" stories?
    well of course if you missed that, you're not paying attention. so...
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-23-13 12:30 PM
    Seems the market is pretty happy about this. MSFT is up over 9% in PM.
    Are those sweat-stains, or remnants of lunch?
    08-23-13 12:37 PM
    Bell pushing BB in promo. Just got this email.

They dropped the Z10 pricing significantly, on par with the Q5.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131326.jpg
    08-23-13 12:43 PM
    Well mates this boy is heading to Europe tomorrow on vacation even though I will still be working because I have my own biz..

Fly to London, then TGV to Paris, see family and friends in Reims, then back to Paris for 5 days, hook-up with SuperFly to get mashed, fly to Biarritz and then drive to San Sebastien for 5 days, eat (Pintxo) and drink our faces off. Then fly to London for the last leg and home on the 16th. It's gonna be soo much fun, me and the GF.

I will be keeping a close eye on you boy's n girl's....lol

Have an awesome weekend all.

Ben
    08-23-13 12:53 PM
    Safe travels man @bigbadben10.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and bigbadben10 like this.
    08-23-13 12:56 PM
    Awesome trip...safe travels.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:05 PM
113,256 ... 17771778177917801781 ...