1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ballmer is retiring within 12 months!

Attachment 195122
    Retirement! Retirement! Retirement!
    danprown, peter9477 and m0de25 like this.
    08-23-13 09:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-23-13 09:31 AM
    Good morning gang! Well, we seem to be off on the right foot today as the SP is definately in the GREEN! Let's hope for continued GREEN throughout the day while we try to do as little as possible for as long as possible and leave work as early as possible. lol
    08-23-13 09:33 AM
    On topic of privatization:

When this initially became such a real possibility I couldn't help but think, who cares?

To be honest, I am doubtful that the naysayers and negative media would disappear. The articles would still draw clicks, people would still give anecdotes about only seeing three BB10 devices on their campus all month.
    I think going private will reduce the number of negative articles, as the intent of the negative articles are to inform investors of danger. I obviously dont think those journalists are conspiring against Blackberry, just like those who report on unemployment numbers or loan default rates are not conspiring against USA.
    08-23-13 09:37 AM
    We're well above support. I really hope we do hit that $10.51 target.
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-23-13 09:40 AM
    I think going private will reduce the number of negative articles, as the intent of the negative articles are to inform investors of danger. I obviously dont think those journalists are conspiring against Blackberry, just like those who report on unemployment numbers or loan default rates are not conspiring against USA.
    of course it is a well know FACT, that shorters have put out reports with the sole purpose to tank BB. So, yes there is NO question on this.
    08-23-13 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fun to watch every time. Crazy never gets old.
    08-23-13 09:51 AM
    We need to see TH do that right before the ER. hahaha. Now that would start the short squeeze! haha.
    08-23-13 09:57 AM
    of course it is a well know FACT, that shorters have put out reports with the sole purpose to tank BB. So, yes there is NO question on this.
    Longs (such as Prem Watsa for example) have just as much interest in keeping the share price up by spreading positive news. The fact is that for BB reality supports more negative than positive news.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-23-13 09:58 AM
    Is it just me or is this entire CB site turning into a crumble, toilet diving, hating FUD fest?
    Oh, I know, folks just want to point out the alternate view but there are entire sites for that...guess they think people are to stupid to find them so they post here...just in case someone looking for a WP is that incompetent?

Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, lcjr, rarsen and 16 others like this.
    08-23-13 10:02 AM
    We need to see TH do that right before the ER. hahaha. Now that would start the short squeeze! haha.
    TH needs that big of a belly before he can even attempt.
    LoL
    lcjr likes this.
    08-23-13 10:02 AM
    Longs (such as Prem Watsa for example) have just as much interest in keeping the share price up by spreading positive news. The fact is that for BB reality supports more negative than positive news.
    and your purpose of Life?
    morganplus8, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    08-23-13 10:04 AM
    Hello guys,

Was playing around with statcounter, and I am detecting a somehow trend upwards in the % of people browsing with Blackberry on their mobile in the States only.

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

I captured data from July 10 to today only, since Statcounter changed the way they captured all traffic for BB based on some servers in between Canada and the US. Between July 10th and July 17th, average % was at 3.64. Average for Aug. 16 to 22 is at 4.22%. Small but noticeable. I am going to be keeping a close eye on things and report back here, for what its worth.

Cheers,

JF
    08-23-13 10:10 AM
    If the negative articles are to warn investors, then you may be right. Cheers.
    08-23-13 10:12 AM
    Hello guys,

Was playing around with statcounter, and I am detecting a somehow trend upwards in the % of people browsing with Blackberry on their mobile in the States only.

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

I captured data from July 10 to today only, since Statcounter changed the way they captured all traffic for BB based on some servers in between Canada and the US. Between July 10th and July 17th, average % was at 3.64. Average for Aug. 16 to 22 is at 4.22%. Small but noticeable. I am going to be keeping a close eye on things and report back here, for what its worth.

Cheers,

JF
    Right on, Now we are talking. 5, 4, 3, 2,1 ......
    08-23-13 10:13 AM
    Strange, I read that it and XBoxOne are on par with each other.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone has a different view but to the general users, I doubt the spec is main driver, instead I buy what my friend are buying. I'm in with 500 shares @ 3.70 could have bought them a little cheaper.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-23-13 10:18 AM
    Sorry, not spamming info. Someone asked me to repost this with iOS numbers on the chart.

Attachment 194748
    Sorry, he was not spamming info. Someone asked me to repost this with iOS numbers on the chart.
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-23-13 10:18 AM
    I find it interesting that Ballmer is leaving now after the recent re-org at Microsoft.

Was he pushed out or leaving on his own?
    He is Canadian. He was asked to join the board of the privatised BlackBerry... ;-)

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    08-23-13 10:31 AM
    Sorry, the shorts have been FABRICATING stories. Not Reporting on stories. There is NO Question about this Not even in a MILLION Years.
    08-23-13 10:35 AM
    He is Canadian. He was asked to join the board of the privatised BlackBerry... ;-)

No he's not. From Detroit.
    08-23-13 10:36 AM
    Can't get any closer. LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:37 AM

Tell him sorry but you have to buy BB first, if you want to join the board.
    sidhuk and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    08-23-13 10:38 AM
    I mixed him up with Elop... face palm.. thanks!

leafs123 likes this.
    08-23-13 10:38 AM
    Not even gold?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Gold is making a run? Is it now bouncing off its bottom and coming back?

BBRY is green .

MSFT - HOLY - people seem to be really glad Ballmer is going, most of the MSFT investors been hating on him but from his track record in terms of when he started, financially the company has been booming no? The market perception vs reality sometimes is really illogical. But the market is always right .

Cheers to a good friday folks!
    sidhuk, lcjr and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-23-13 10:40 AM
    Tell him sorry but you have to buy BB first, if you want to join the board.
    Maybe Superfly is right... =-/

Bugmapper likes this.
    08-23-13 10:42 AM
113,256 ... 17761777177817791780 ...