View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Unless someone is interested in BB10, in which case It has to make an offer now, but who is crazy enough to pay for BB10?
    My own gut feeling is that the Special committee was formed because they realise that WP is going to solidly beat them and (on handset volume they are not even in the top ten anymore) sales are effectively collapsing - the value is in the services and the IP with very little in OS/Hardware. Stories like this indicate the rapid growth of WP8 (fueled by cheap devices) and others the decline of BB in former strongholds like the middle east.
    08-23-13 02:42 AM
    Well said indeed...I agree 100%. The price is the price and depending on who acquires BB we may be given the option to transfer into that group...I will seriously consider this. I agree they are going back to their roots and innovation into M2M, software, secure comms etc is potentially a huge cash generator, would love to be a part of it.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever form BBRY will have in the future, the plan is ... stick to it as much as possible.
    I will, unless the cultural shock is too big (i.e one single exception) I won't name here, because it's 100% irrational and off topic .
    08-23-13 03:45 AM
    I suppose it's food for thought... Maybe the NSA will insist on BBM monitoring/encryption key alla India moving forward (if they aren't doing this already), all in the name of national security.

Personally, i think people would be more interested in having BBM encryption to protect themselves from criminals/pervs/etc and would just accept that their govt (aka the good guys) *may* have access.
    What should be IMHO: as simple as elsewhere in free world. Obtain a warrant, then listen, read or decrypt everything needed.
    This is how it's made in France, at least how it is written in our law books ...

Will be on the road today, packing right now ... have a nice day folks !
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:55 AM
    Just throwing this bit out there..... PS4 to be the most powerful gaming device ever conceived, and it's driven by AMD... PS4 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar
    Strange, I read that it and XBoxOne are on par with each other.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:58 AM
    I suppose it's food for thought... Maybe the NSA will insist on BBM monitoring/encryption key alla India moving forward (if they aren't doing this already), all in the name of national security.

Personally, i think people would be more interested in having BBM encryption to protect themselves from criminals/pervs/etc and would just accept that their govt (aka the good guys) *may* have access.
    I am sure that the NSA did all of this long ago. I am betting they have had access for years. Hat we are hearing in the news is just the tip of the iceberg.

One thing is for sure, Blackberry can not escape the horror of the next ER unless they sell before.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-23-13 at 05:24 AM.
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:58 AM
    Yeah, the idea that the NSA and other security agencies were simply happy to go "well there is a large secure network we don't have access to - might as well home early" and that was that...
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-23-13 04:34 AM
    Everytime Greg buys shares the SP goes up quickly, so yes please hurry up and buy some more. lol.
    I am afraid the Greg buying BBRY days are over. The writing is on the wall. I have my money invested safely in another stock. If the Fed stops or even slows the QE, I will be pulling that out too. No place will be safe at that point until after the "adjustment".
    m1a1mg and lcjr like this.
    08-23-13 05:36 AM
    I am afraid the Greg buying BBRY days are over. The writing is on the wall. I have my money invested safely in another stock. If the Fed stops or even slows the QE, I will be pulling that out too. No place will be safe at that point until after the "adjustment".
    Not even gold?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-23-13 06:29 AM
    I can appreciate your position but why then, do you continue to now just say it's all over and spread fud on this page? Seeing as your a non BlackBerry owner, a non BlackBerry share holder, and a non BlackBerry fan, I fail to understand your reasoning. I have liked a lot of your input over the months but as of late, it's been nothing but doom and gloom. Hell, just last week, or was it the week before, you made a pretty decent return yet you continue to bash this stock.

I highly doubt they will have an offer before the next ER unless it comes from PW as he is the only one with intimate knowledge of how they stand currently. Any other suitor will be waiting to see the results to get a more accurate valuation and see how much cash is left. Seeing as TH gave forward guidance stating higher spending and a loss for the Q, it would be pretty rash for anyone not to wait at least the month and a bit to consider this. Even then, who says it will be sold? I'm fairly certain that the announced news was to just explain and give credence to PW leaving the board. It was nothing new as we've heard it all before. Had Prem just slipped away without the accompanied news, it would have spread more doubt and shareholders selling at a rate higher than after the last ER.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, leafs123, danprown and 7 others like this.
    08-23-13 06:45 AM
    NZ Police Got PRISM Data Before Raid On Dotcom - Slashdot

Slightly off topic, but going back to my earlier points on privileged communication and misuse of power...

In this case PRISM data was used to eliminate a copyright violator. Not only did they tap his wireless communications, but they also made liberal use of privileged communications between himself and his wife.

The US needs an economic collapse, to be honest, to level the playing field for the rest of the world.
    08-23-13 06:48 AM
    I can appreciate your position but why then, do you continue to now just say it's all over and spread fud on this page? Seeing as your a non BlackBerry owner, a non BlackBerry share holder, and a non BlackBerry fan, I fail to understand your reasoning. I have liked a lot of your input over the months but as of late, it's been nothing but doom and gloom. Hell, just last week, or was it the week before, you made a pretty decent return yet you continue to bash this stock.

Posted via CB10
    This Is the only CB page The Greg, at times respects the brand and its followers! He's always shown his true colors in all the rest of the CB board!
    Haters guna hate!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:55 AM

I highly doubt they will have an offer before the next ER unless it comes from PW as he is the only one with intimate knowledge of how they stand currently. Any other suitor will be waiting to see the results to get a more accurate valuation and see how much cash is left. Seeing as TH gave forward guidance stating higher spending and a loss for the Q, it would be pretty rash for anyone not to wait at least the month and a bit to consider this. Even then, who says it will be sold? I'm fairly certain that the announced news was to just explain and give credence to PW leaving the board. It was nothing new as we've heard it all before. Had Prem just slipped away without the accompanied news, it would have spread more doubt and shareholders selling at a rate higher than after the last ER.

Posted via CB10
    it would surprise me if BB lets serious candidates wait for the next ER for additional info on BB. if BB is serious about alternatives, they will have to show some leg to potential candidates, other than Q reports.
    anon(4086547) and kfh227 like this.
    08-23-13 07:18 AM
    with all the reverse ETF's around these days, there is no reason not to be invested, if you figure its all down from here.
    08-23-13 07:25 AM
    it would surprise me if BB lets serious candidates wait for the next ER for additional info on BB. if BB is serious about alternatives, they will have to show some leg to potential candidates, other than Q reports.
    Candidates, if there are any, won't be waiting for BB to "let" them do anything. When spending billions, waiting to see where the financials stand before making an offer is somewhat prudent no?
    Compaqee and sidhuk like this.
    08-23-13 07:30 AM
    Candidates, if there are any, won't be waiting for BB to "let" them do anything. When spending billions, waiting to see where the financials stand before making an offer is somewhat prudent no?
    well, yes BB will have to give them access to data based on some kind of confidentiality agreement...nobody will buy on publicly available data alone, unless there is a hostile bid.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-23-13 07:43 AM
    Well, some good discussion from last night which finally caught up on! (like olden days lol)

Couple comments I wanted to make:

1. My only concern with AMD is the slowing or a saturation of the whole console market. Whether they might see the same problems as high end smartphones, especially with the rise of mobile gaming on tablets and phones.

2. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but let's say BB does go private and Mike L is involved again as Chris U speculated....does that benefit BB especially with his involvement in the quantum research centre he has built in Waterloo? Will he want to bring that research to BB to give them an edge for the next phase of computing?
    08-23-13 07:43 AM
    well, yes BB will have to give them access to data based on some kind of confidentiality agreement...nobody will buy on publicly available data alone, unless there is a hostile bid.
    Fair enough.
    08-23-13 07:46 AM
    Ballmer is retiring within 12 months!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ballmer-sweat.jpg
    Last edited by leafs123; 08-23-13 at 08:15 AM.
    08-23-13 08:03 AM
    Ballmer is retiring within 12 months!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballmer-sweat.jpg 
Views:	832 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	195122
    Seems the market is pretty happy about this. MSFT is up over 9% in PM.
    08-23-13 08:22 AM
    Yeah, MSFT has basically treaded water with him. Change is good for them. As us BBRY followers know, sometimes leaders stay on tooooo long and get blinded by the past and fail to innovate quickly enough. Imagine if MSFT had seen the smartphone revolution or cloud coming. They owned business with the Office suite and could have pounced. Instead they ambled along slowly.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:35 AM
    Yup, 18M shares traded already.
    08-23-13 08:41 AM
    Yeah, MSFT has basically treaded water with him. Change is good for them. As us BBRY followers know, sometimes leaders stay on tooooo long and get blinded by the past and fail to innovate quickly enough. Imagine if MSFT had seen the smartphone revolution or cloud coming. They owned business with the Office suite and could have pounced. Instead they ambled along slowly.
    From the wikipedia page:

Under Ballmer's tenure as CEO, Microsoft’s annual revenue surged from $25 billion to $70 billion, while its net income has increased 215 percent to $23 billion. Although these gains have come from the existing Windows and Office franchises, Ballmer also built new businesses such as the data centers division ($6.6 billion in profit for 2011) and the Xbox entertainment and devices division ($8.9 billion). In terms of leading their company's total annual profit growth, Ballmer’s tenure at Microsoft (16.4 percent) has surpassed the performances of other well-known CEOs such as General Electric’s Jack Welch (11.2 percent) and IBM's Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. (2 percent). This diversified product mix has helped to offset the company's reliance on PCs and mobile computing devices; in reporting quarterly results during April 2013, while Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 have not managed to increase their market share above single digits, the company increased its profit 19 percent over the previous quarter in 2012, as the Microsoft Business Division (including Office 365) and Server and Tools division are each larger than the Windows division.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-23-13 08:42 AM
    And there there is the stock price. 10 year chart v the NASDAQ and NASDAQ Computer index. This is the knock against Ballmer.

http://apps.cnbc.com/cgi-bin/upload....5b06d165a81101
    08-23-13 08:49 AM
    I find it interesting that Ballmer is leaving now after the recent re-org at Microsoft.

Was he pushed out or leaving on his own?
    08-23-13 08:56 AM
    Just hit this page an for a minute I thought I got lost and was on the Microsoft Investesting forum....
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-23-13 09:00 AM
113,256 ... 17751776177717781779 ...