View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think it makes sense. But I think there is circumstantial evidence to suggest that this is not the case. While Apple does indeed keep everything secretive and doesn't talk about future products except when they are almost ready to bring them to market. BlackBerry, on the other hand, loves to announce stuff months (and sometimes years) in advance. And sometimes they even shelf their announced plans. For eg:

BlackBerry announced cross-platform BBM months in advance. If BlackBerry had a culture of 'keeping things secret' until they are almost ready to deliver, they won't be announcing stuff months in advance. Makes sense?

So, yeah, I think it'd be an awesome strategy to be secretive about your products until you are almost ready and I wish Thorsten Heins was following that strategy but from the way they have been behaving, it seems unlikely that this is indeed their strategy. Otherwise, they wouldn't be announcing BES Secure WorkSpace 5 months in advance, BBM Cross Platform 4 months in advance or displaying QNX Car stuff before signing exclusive agreements.
    Fair points.

I think we are agreeing

If they were private he would be better able to follow the cards-to-your-chest strategy that makes sense for their circumstance.

As a public entity (particularly one in a tough spot) they are obligated to be transparent with plans.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:07 PM
    Some really good points made in the last page. Thanks to all for this.

I too am on an emotional roller coaster with this company; forced in through holding stock.
    Faith, hope, endurance really have no connection with each other in this game, even though I wished it did. In a market where where fear and greed are the mantra, I don't fit in.

FYI: to anyone not running the 10.2.1047: It is really showing features that set BB10 even more ahead of the competition. Truely, I can't express how excited I am about the upward curve that BlackBerry is gaining in OS brilliance. If this keeps going, I think by December (major release after 10.2 this summer), people who test-drive the BB10 devices will see the advantage, and BB10 will start the climb back to the top. That is, if innovation is allowed to progress.

go Tat-Berry (ahem!) BlackBerry!
    08-22-13 08:37 PM
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/23/bu...pagewanted=all

not very complimentary but interesting
    silversun10, lcjr and m0de25 like this.
    08-22-13 08:54 PM
    So, what do we do if BBRY rolls out BBM to iOS and Android devices and the US Government flags it as supporting terrorism by providing a means for encrypted communication?
    lcjr likes this.
    08-22-13 09:25 PM
    So, what do we do if BBRY rolls out BBM to iOS and Android devices and the US Government flags it as supporting terrorism by providing a means for encrypted communication?
    What's stopping terrorists from using BBM on Blackberry devices today? Non issue, imo.
    cjcampbell and OMGitworks like this.
    08-22-13 09:29 PM
    Regarding AMD

I highly recomend everyone look at the balance sheet and cash flow statements! A spike may or may not occur with PS4/XBOne.

Would you be willing to hold it for 5 years? I wouldn't.
    No way. Like I suggested earlier, this would be a pop and drop investment. The SP will go up before and immediately after the holidays, then it will level out again. One thing it will not do is drop in price during this time period. What happens before or after this period is irrelevant to me because I won't be holding then. That's why I'm not looking at their cash sheets and other data. They will make a 20% cash increase/profit this quarter plus get about $60 per device sold which is estimated to be 4Mil for the PS4 and another 4Mil for the XBox One. Estimated SP increase is between $8-12.
    abouthsu likes this.
    08-22-13 10:10 PM
    Another side note, I'm thinking of doing AMD through options calls. Strike 5 with premium of .17. Thoughts?
    I'm in already at 100 shares as of this afternoon. Next month I'll put another 100 in there and be tapped out. I have limited funds. Lol. If the SP is doing what's predicted then ill put in another 100 shares in December. Then I will sell it all off in January/February depending on how long the SP is up. But I will be out around that time because the SP will go back down.
    08-22-13 10:15 PM
    Great point. I will be monitoring the reaction of government agencies as their new implementation plan pans out. You also bring up another consideration and that's the buyout possibility of a communistic government. Meaning, how would the free world governments react if a China based firm bought them out? Not saying I believe that would happen but it makes for interesting conversation none the less.
    Last edited by lcjr; 08-22-13 at 10:32 PM.
    08-22-13 10:20 PM
    What's stopping terrorists from using BBM on Blackberry devices today? Non issue, imo.
    Well, lets see how the NSA responds to American citizens getting back their encrypted communications and the low hanging fruit disappears.
    08-22-13 10:25 PM
    Well, lets see how the NSA responds to American citizens getting back their encrypted communications and the low hanging fruit disappears.
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just mentioning that I have a hard time remembering that BlackBerry is big in other countries too. Perhaps BB is even bigger in other countries than America. They don't have the issues we bring upon ourselves.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-22-13 10:37 PM
    Forgot to mention earlier that I'm quite positive there are several governments that have capable agencies that already have the means to crack BB encryption and anything else you can throw at them. I'm also positive these governments have personnel that are more than what we consider genius and laugh at what we consider encryption. Best we don't know everything. Lol
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-22-13 10:44 PM
    Man, I'm on a roll tonight. Lol. Took the wife out to dinner just because and am in a really good mood as a few cold ones makes the evening relaxing. Not even thinking about what's up next with BB. Ok, that's not true at all. LOL
    08-22-13 10:48 PM
    I suppose it's food for thought... Maybe the NSA will insist on BBM monitoring/encryption key alla India moving forward (if they aren't doing this already), all in the name of national security.

Personally, i think people would be more interested in having BBM encryption to protect themselves from criminals/pervs/etc and would just accept that their govt (aka the good guys) *may* have access.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-22-13 10:50 PM
    I suppose it's food for thought... Maybe the NSA will insist on BBM monitoring/encryption key alla India moving forward (if they aren't doing this already), all in the name of national security.
    Since I'm in the mood to chat, I'll go on record as stating the NSA is not worried in the least about BB or any app they carry. As I stated earlier, every government has a department or agency, known or unknown, that can crack anything we can even imagine. Since we're talking theory here, imagine what would happen if society knew what some governments know. There would be a total collapse of society as we know it, so no agency will come out protesting or supporting anything. It's all in the master plan. Lol hahaha.
    08-22-13 10:58 PM
    Since I'm in the mood to chat, I'll go on record as stating the NSA is not worried in the least about BB or any app they carry. As I stated earlier, every government has a department or agency, known or unknown, that can crack anything we can even imagine. Since we're talking theory here, imagine what would happen if society knew what some governments know. There would be a total collapse of society as we know it, so no agency will come out protesting or supporting anything. It's all in the master plan. Lol hahaha.
    Anything is crackeable. It's just the time it takes to crack it. If someone sent a message to initiate a terrorist attack the next day, and it takes 36 hours to crack some encryption, then yeah, it might as well be uncrackeable because you are too late. On the other hand, if you simply had the password or key, you could know right away what is being planned.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:05 PM
    Anything is crackeable. It's just the time it takes to crack it. If someone sent a message to initiate a terrorist attack the next day, and it takes 36 hours to crack some encryption, then yeah, it might as well be uncrackeable because you are too late. On the other hand, if you simply had the password or key, you could know right away what is being planned.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. Nothing else to say.
    08-22-13 11:08 PM
    Just throwing this bit out there..... PS4 to be the most powerful gaming device ever conceived, and it's driven by AMD... PS4 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar
    Last edited by lcjr; 08-22-13 at 11:43 PM.
    08-22-13 11:31 PM
    No way. Like I suggested earlier, this would be a pop and drop investment. The SP will go up before and immediately after the holidays, then it will level out again. One thing it will not do is drop in price during this time period. What happens before or after this period is irrelevant to me because I won't be holding then. That's why I'm not looking at their cash sheets and other data. They will make a 20% cash increase/profit this quarter plus get about $60 per device sold which is estimated to be 4Mil for the PS4 and another 4Mil for the XBox One. Estimated SP increase is between $8-12.
    Base on the current SP, I would be getting out closer to 8.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-22-13 11:44 PM
    Base on the current SP, I would be getting out closer to 8.
    I'll take that as well buddy. I'll take any profit and move on to something else.
    08-22-13 11:47 PM
    Just throwing this bit out there..... PS4 to be the most powerful gaming device ever conceived, and it's driven by AMD... PS4 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar
    I'm more of a PS fan than XBox but sales don't reflect my opinion.
    lcjr and Compaqee like this.
    08-22-13 11:53 PM
    I'm more of a PS fan than XBox but sales don't reflect my opinion.
    Yeah, it's still debatable as far as which one will sell more, but favor right now leans to PS4. Either way, AMD gets revenue from each device sold for both devices. I'm looking forward to the holidays for more reasons than normal this year. Lol
    cjcampbell and abouthsu like this.
    08-22-13 11:59 PM
    And another SA...some good work here too:

"Based on the above numbers, I would not sell for less than $16 a share. This is based on the current economic environment not adequately recognizing value in BlackBerry. If BlackBerry could maintain the status quo into the future, BlackBerry could command a higher asking price.

A term that has come into favor is "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole," meaning a company is worth more broken up into smaller units. I do not believe this statement to be true, as it pertains to BlackBerry. Due to the current low valuation, goodwill and other metrics are not being fully recognized. It is my opinion that goodwill would be significantly higher if BlackBerry was kept together.

Anything lower than $13 a share would raise questions of BlackBerry's leadership not acting in the best interest of shareholders. This is currently happening with Dell (DELL), ironically around the same share price."

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry: It's All About The Valuation [Google Inc] - Seeking Alpha

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly why an offer is not coming soon. Expectations are too high, shareholders need to endure a couple of horrid quarters to accept a more reasonable price.

Unless someone is interested in BB10, in which case It has to make an offer now, but who is crazy enough to pay for BB10?
    08-23-13 12:01 AM
    This is exactly why an offer is not coming soon. Expectations are too high, shareholders need to endure a couple of horrid quarters to accept a more reasonable price.

Unless someone is interested in BB10, in which case It has to make an offer now, but who is crazy enough to pay for BB10?
    I highly doubt an offer will be made before, or at least made public, the next ER.
    08-23-13 12:08 AM

Oh hell no!! I'm not waiting around through a few more painful ERs. Hahaha. No way, as much as I love BB, I will sell and come back later rather than just have my money sitting through that non-since. Haha. I said it before, I'm selling before the next ER and will buy back in on the drop, which is guaranteed to happen without new news. No news, price will drop at ER. Sorry, I'm thinking with my head from now on and not my heart.
    ibpluto and OMGitworks like this.
    08-23-13 12:08 AM
    Ok gang, enough of LCJR philosophy. Tomorrow is another day and it's Friday! Very rare for something good to happen on a Friday with BB but I'm open for surprises. Lol. Good night everyone.
    08-23-13 12:11 AM
113,256 ... 17741775177617771778 ...