View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One thing Im hoping for BBM is that it will be able to detect contacts via phone number along side BBM id. For mass adoption from general users, the sign on process need to be as easy as possible. Adoption usually happens when we find others such as friends are on boarded even if they aren't using it.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-22-13 09:45 AM
    Lol...nice to see peer pressure doesn't have anything to do with it lol

cgk....did you see this

Posted via CB10
    Arf... yes - all my nieces are now at the "we want an iphone stage" - I was hoping there was going to be cheap BB10 device for them but there wasn't, so they either have WP8 or a cheap android or lump it.
    Bugmapper, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    08-22-13 09:47 AM
    Hi Morgan+8

Good to see you kickin' around...

Hopefully you and Prem have had enough time to put together your deal and can finally announce it!
    08-22-13 09:51 AM
    One thing Im hoping for BBM is that it will be able to detect contacts via phone number along side BBM id. For mass adoption from general users, the sign on process need to be as easy as possible. Adoption usually happens when we find others such as friends are on boarded even if they aren't using it.
    I don't think it will be phone number based like Whatsapp. To me that's problematic especially if you're switching devices and/or travelling. Email based is the best way.

BTW, BB10 scans my contacts and email addresses and tells me who has BBM/PlayBook video chat.
    08-22-13 09:51 AM
    It was only temporary
    reading your previous posts, IMO you not only hate blackberry but also the people who talk about it or associated with it in any ways positively.
    May I know why?
    08-22-13 10:05 AM
    I don't think it will be phone number based like Whatsapp. To me that's problematic especially if you're switching devices and/or travelling. Email based is the best way.

BTW, BB10 scans my contacts and email addresses and tells me who has BBM/PlayBook video chat.
    Even if its a email base, better than nothing. It would be a pain to have to manually add it and hope for mass adoptions
    lcjr likes this.
    08-22-13 10:21 AM
    Do people really want BBM that bad that fakes keep popping up? lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngerforandroid
    08-22-13 10:37 AM
    Even if its a email base, better than nothing. It would be a pain to have to manually add it and hope for mass adoptions
    It will be email based which what BBID is.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-22-13 10:38 AM
    It'll be email based to sign in which will store all your contacts and whatever, but the use of the bar code and PIN to add contacts. I hope they do implement some sort of phone number feature to add contacts. As much as I hate it, I can see people simply saying "It's effort getting everyone's PINs"

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:39 AM
    Call me crazy but I just bought Oct $17 calls. Right at Watsa avg cost basis.

This article just came out too:

Prem Watsa's BlackBerry Nightmare: What Can We Learn?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybui...-can-we-learn/
    Randeman likes this.
    08-22-13 10:39 AM
    Do people really want BBM that bad that fakes keep popping up? lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngerforandroid
    The name says it's trying to be a fake, but it's just demo videos showing BBM for Android.

"This is information videos and tutorial about BBM to Android, Check this out & Install this Application ..."
    08-22-13 10:40 AM
    The name says it's trying to be a fake, but it's just demo videos showing BBM for Android.

"This is information videos and tutorial about BBM to Android, Check this out & Install this Application ..."
    What's kind of funny is the title of the app is a little redundant... lol
    08-22-13 10:45 AM
    OMG, this chart really brings to light what I've been going through with BBRY! hahahah, and a few others on this thread! hahahahaha.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chart.jpg
    08-22-13 10:46 AM
    OMG, this chart really brings to light what I've been going through with BBRY! hahahah, and a few others on this thread! hahahahaha.
    Someone should make a similar chart for shorts. Just for fun, nothing serious, since they have lost a lot money this year already so don't be too hard on them.
    lcjr, sidhuk and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-22-13 10:59 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	194666
    90% needs to be in favor. Prem was sitting at the edge of 10% in case some one low balls and takes him out.
    It is big money game with bigger vision. Win or loose. There is very fine line between genius and fool.
    plasmid_boy and morganplus8 like this.
    08-22-13 11:02 AM
    Someone should make a similar chart for shorts. Just for fun, nothing serious, since they have lost a lot money this year already so don't be too hard on them.
    How could the shorts have lost a lot of money this year when the stock is down?

Or, asked another way:
    If the longs (e.g. Prem and most on this thread) have lost money (and they have), it stands to reason that the shorts made money. It's a zero sum game.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-22-13 11:19 AM
    90% needs to be in favor. Prem was sitting at the edge of 10% in case some one low balls and takes him out.
    It is big money game with bigger vision. Win or loose. There is very fine line between genius and fool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	194666
    Hey, that looks like 95% of my stocks...except for the last third on the right.
    Last edited by Randeman; 08-22-13 at 11:41 AM.
    sidhuk and peter9477 like this.
    08-22-13 11:21 AM
    We will need another chart for the people who blame everything on the shorts instead at the door step of Blackberry!
    08-22-13 11:23 AM
    We will need another chart for the people who blame everything on the shorts instead at the door step of Blackberry!
    I think, like the original post by LC, he was talking in general, not BB specific.
    sidhuk, take99, Compaqee and 2 others like this.
    08-22-13 11:35 AM
    I think, like the original post by LC, he was talking in general, not BB specific.
    Yeah, and I was talking in general too.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 11:44 AM
    Are the shareholders of Blackberry about to be robbed? This is a question I have been asking myself. How did Thor end up with a deal to walk with a 56 mill thank you in his pocket after only a couple of years of service? Why would the board agree to this? Could it be that it has been their plan for some time to see BB go private and they wanted to make sure the CEO was motivated to not derail their plan?
    If I was trying to take BB private I would be laughing everyday as the negative media slams my hidden gem and allows me to accumulate my position at fire sale prices. I would also be thinking that it would be best to hold off on putting my offer on the table until after the next ER (especially if I had inside knowledge that indicated the ER would be to the low side, like an ex-board member would). Even if the ER numbers were fair you know you can count on 80% of the media twisting the facts so it looks like the final nail. The headlines will read "Blackberry deep in red, no offers can be found". The shares would get hammered and I would be buying at even lower prices. Then a few days later, when the SP price is at $7, I would announce that I currently hold 70% of the shares and am offering $12 for the rest.
    Once we've gone private, out comes the Z30, out comes 10.2, out comes open BBM, the app gap is closing, governments and fortune 500 are signing big deals loving the products, software and security. Prem makes 5 billion in 2 years!
    Any of the credible analysts do admit, hidden deep in their slam, that Blackberry is going to be around for a long time. Why? They have no debt, a very healthy bank account and are still the top choice for those who place value on corporate and government network security. This happens to be the part of the mobile market that has the biggest margins.
    Love to hear your thoughts on this!
    Jahcure and peter9477 like this.
    08-22-13 11:47 AM
    Holy low volume day batman...we aren't even seven digits on the TSX yet lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 11:47 AM
    Is it just me or is it stuck on 10.28 (0.29%)?
    08-22-13 11:55 AM
    We're halted
    08-22-13 11:57 AM
    Is it just me or is it stuck on 10.28 (0.29%)?
    Nasdaq Options markets are halted, could be related

BB still trading on the TSX
    08-22-13 11:58 AM
113,256 ... 17701771177217731774 ...