View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This has probably mentioned already, but what do you guys think of that massive 665,000 order that came in just after close? Short covering or think someone knows something?
    best to ignore those trades, could just be market makers doing some house keeping with their trades.
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 07:49 AM
    best to ignore those trades, could just be market makers doing some house keeping with their trades.
    It has been a trend though if you look at trades after close.
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 07:51 AM
    Been reading the past couple pages or so and all I gotta say is that everyone thinks they are smarter than other people and really you should make the decision on your own on how to proceed with this stock, whether to add or exit, etc. In the end, it is your money and comes down to what you believe and which direction the company is going.

This thread is great, informative and educational for a semi-novice investor like myself, but any decision I will make is my own and won't (and shouldn't) be affected by others.
    basicly your advice is, not to listen to your advice?
    leafs123, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    08-22-13 07:51 AM
    It has been a trend though if you look at trades after close.
    market makers have to do house keeping on a daily base, so those trades can look similar or not, same difference
    leafs123, Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 07:53 AM
    BBRY should look into acquiring Redline Communications. Market cap of $82M. It would be a great strategic acquisition going forward with their M2M push. Look at their client list on the site.

Redline - BROADBAND WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS FOR M2M APPLICATIONS

Recent results:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1210...ancial-results
    08-22-13 07:57 AM
    Just a general question. With iPhone 5 manufactured 85% in China, shouldn't this be called a Chinese machine:
    Infographic: where iPhones are manufactured, and why | SmartPlanet
    Why the negative about a potential Lenovo hardware partnership with BB:
    "In late April, reports said Lenovo was in talks with IBM to acquire the US company's x86 server business. The two companies did not ink the deal due to price variance. Last year, Lenovo joined hands with EMC after the US company ended a decade-long reseller relationship with Dell, the world's third-biggest PC manufacturer."
    Lenovo eyes sale of 60m smartphones in FY2013 - People's Daily Online
    Lenovo reigns as king of the hill - People's Daily Online
    And yes I am part of those thinking that BB's present deafening silence indicates something big is brewing, and that it is preferable to announce early versus later.

Enjoy the day while waiting for news.
    08-22-13 07:59 AM
    Just a general question. With iPhone 5 manufactured 85% in China, shouldn't this be called a Chinese machine:
    Infographic: where iPhones are manufactured, and why | SmartPlanet
    Why the negative about a potential Lenovo hardware partnership with BB:
    "In late April, reports said Lenovo was in talks with IBM to acquire the US company's x86 server business. The two companies did not ink the deal due to price variance. Last year, Lenovo joined hands with EMC after the US company ended a decade-long reseller relationship with Dell, the world's third-biggest PC manufacturer."
    Lenovo eyes sale of 60m smartphones in FY2013 - People's Daily Online
    Lenovo reigns as king of the hill - People's Daily Online
    And yes I am part of those thinking that BB's present deafening silence indicates something big is brewing, and that it is preferable to announce early versus later.

Enjoy the day while waiting for news.

I thought the current sentiment was that HTC was a more likely target for Lenovo?
    08-22-13 08:06 AM
    I thought the current sentiment was that HTC was a more likely target for Lenovo?
    They're owned by one of Taiwan's wealthiest people and doubt they will sell.
    08-22-13 08:10 AM
    Sorry, I have to ask the help again. On my laptop, the background of this forum turned into black and under each post, it misses the normal thank and like buttons. How can I get it back to normal one?
    Scroll to bottom. There should be a link to switch to desktop or normal version of the site.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-22-13 08:17 AM
    I know I know BBRY isn't Palm but even when HP were shutting down WebOS people were talking about hidden plans. As for the MSFT angle, I can't see it - BBRY has nothing they want *except* for enterprise customers but if they buy BBRY, all they will do is try and transition them onto MS product and kill the company over time...
    And going back to my own post - the "why do they need BBRY?" question gets more salient every day:

"Delta's 19,000 in-flight professionals are there for the safety and comfort of our customers, and equipping them with innovative solutions means they can better meet our customers' needs on board every flight," said Joanne Smith, senior vice president – In-Flight Service. "This is yet another way we're investing in technology to improve the customer experience."

The Windows Phone 8 device, a Nokia Lumia 820, enables Delta flight attendants to offer:

Near real-time credit card processing for on-board purchases, including upgrades to Delta's popular Economy Comfort seating. On-board Economy Comfort upgrades will begin on transcontinental and international flights before being offered on flights across Delta's system.
    Convenient eReceipts that can be emailed to customers.
    Customers' use of pre-paid credit cards for on-board purchases.
    Quicker transaction processing times.
    In the near future, the ability to read coupons displayed on a customer's mobile device.
    More efficient service recovery.
    On Aug. 26, flight attendants on Delta Connection flights also will begin using the device.

In the future, Delta expects to provide flight attendants with certain customer-specific information to enable more personalized service.
    Delta Streamlines In-Flight Customer Service with New Windows Phone Handheld Devices for Flight Attendants - Aug 22, 2013
    08-22-13 08:17 AM
    If I remember correctly his forecast was tens (does 10.1 deserves an "s" ?) of millions. There was no endpoint date.Next E.R will be around 10 million BB10 devices sold already.
    You can call it sugarcoating, but not lie.

P.S: now my neighbor went away with his Wifi and I've already burned my 6Gb data plan ... may be a little off for some days
    Sure you did your math right?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:21 AM
    You might be right that their plan failed. But which part of it?
    First they needed to materialize BB10 - nearly done with one more device waiting to roll out.
    Second they need to market the products (hardware and software).
    Third they need to make money.

They haven't even finish phase one yet, so IMO it is premature to call the plan has fail.

Posted via CB10
    Actually they are on to phase 2 now.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    08-22-13 08:24 AM
    A great site over the years with TONS of useful information, especially for people advising clients in the ever changing technology and legal worlds where concepts and laws evolve (and devolve) every day. SHe fought a good fight for many years, but I just think paranoia finally overtook Ms. Jones. It is really too bad. No doubt much of what she worries about could be true, by the reaction to just go dark seems like a huge overreaction. I hope they keep the archives up.
    Communications between lawyers and clients are supposed to be privileged.

In the absence of privileged communication, how can a relationship of trust be established?

By default, all electronic communication now includes the US Government as a third party. All established privileged electronic communications between wife and husband, clergy and communicant, psychotherapist and patient, physician and patient, and attorney and client must, by law, be conducted within the sight of Uncle Sam.

That's the reason Groklaw closed its doors.

It's not paranoia, it's truth.
    08-22-13 08:26 AM
    Communications between lawyers and clients are supposed to be privileged.

In the absence of privileged communication, how can a relationship of trust be established?
    They still need a warrant to get and read the actual e-mails. No Judge will authorize that. If they do, they will get busted and kill their golden goose. They can be sent encrypted as I have to do everyday at work. Gmail or any other free service are fair game as far as I know. I think the e-mail services that shut down did so because they did not want to ever have to respond to a warrant and be forced to turn the e-mails over. I respect that choice. If you are doing something illegal, don't put it in any e-mail. I highly doubt the government cares about any trial or litigation or other strategy my client and I might be considering or what my wife wants for dinner.

I am not naive and I am sure there are transgressions everyday, but on the whole, I just don't see the vast conspiracy or need to go dark as Groklaw and some of the encrypted mail providers did.

EDIT: If you talk to your spouse, lawyer, doctor, clergyman, at a public place, over the phone, thru the regular mail, all are subject to being intercepted pursuant to a valid warrant. This is probably the wrong forum for this discussion. New technology always challenges the law. Groklaw documented some of those struggles well and in great detail. I appreciate the issues and your view, I just don't worry as much. Perhaps someday I will regret that.
    08-22-13 08:38 AM
    Come ooon BBRY stock.. Go over 12.11 so I can sell and get my investment back!
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-22-13 08:46 AM
    They still need a warrant to get and read the actual e-mails. No Judge will authorize that. If they do, they will get busted and kill their golden goose. They can be sent encrypted as I have to do everyday at work. Gmail or any other free service are fair game as far as I know. I think the e-mail services that shut down did so because they did not want to ever have to respond to a warrant and be forced to turn the e-mails over. I respect that choice. If you are doing something illegal, don't put it in any e-mail. I highly doubt the government cares about any trial or litigation or other strategy my client and I might be considering or what my wife wants for dinner.

I am not naive and I am sure there are transgressions everyday, but on the whole, I just don't see the vast conspiracy or need to go dark as Groklaw and some of the encrypted mail providers did.

EDIT: If you talk to your spouse, lawyer, doctor, clergyman, at a public place, over the phone, thru the regular mail, all are subject to being intercepted pursuant to a valid warrant. This is probably the wrong forum for this discussion. New technology always challenges the law. Groklaw documented some of those struggles well and in great detail. I appreciate the issues and your view, I just don't worry as much. Perhaps someday I will regret that.
    They tell us that if you send or receive an email from outside the US, it will be read. If it's encrypted, they keep it for five years, presumably in the hopes of tech advancing to be able to decrypt it against your will and without your knowledge. Groklaw has readers all over the world.
    The spirit of the law is being perverted.

They're not violating our privacy actively. They're just storing digital copies of communications indefinitely in case they ever need to dig into our past to build a case against us.

In a sense, they're creating their own version of a digital God that keeps track of everyone's sins.

Its a blasphemy against the human spirit.

A cancer that deserves to be expunged.
    cgk, OMGitworks, Aham1984 and 2 others like this.
    08-22-13 08:54 AM
    Well, it opened up right at support as indicated by JLagoon and bounced from there. I wonder how this day will turn out. Test again or continue in the green.
    08-22-13 08:56 AM
    Good morning gang! Looking back through the recent pages it would seem we're all chomping at the bit to get hold of some kind of news. I'm leaning towards the idea that leadership has put a silence order out until the time is right to release whatever they have come up with. Hopefully that "whatever" will come to light sooner than later. I hope you all have a productive day and if you hear something significant, please share! lol
    08-22-13 08:57 AM
    Oh yeah....... GREEN!!!
    08-22-13 09:00 AM
    08-22-13 09:10 AM
    Lol...nice to see peer pressure doesn't have anything to do with it lol

cgk....did you see this

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:17 AM
    MM, Fair enough. Keep up the good fight, somebody has to keep them honest and I am grateful there is a sizable segment of the population that is willing to try to do so.
    08-22-13 09:18 AM
    Oh yeah....... GREEN!!!
    It was only temporary
    08-22-13 09:37 AM
    Is Watsa supposed to be on CNBC today?
    08-22-13 09:37 AM
    08-22-13 09:38 AM
113,256 ... 17691770177117721773 ...