View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If I remember correctly his forecast was tens (does 10.1 deserves an "s" ?) of millions. There was no endpoint date.Next E.R will be around 10 million BB10 devices sold already.
    You can call it sugarcoating, but not lie.

P.S: now my neighbor went away with his Wifi and I've already burned my 6Gb data plan ... may be a little off for some days
    Sorry but at the time TH said this he WAS fully aware that sales were WAY SHORT at the time of the ER! Not a little but WAY SHORT and Blackberry justifiably tanked when the ER was released. People lost millions and millions from this lie, alone! How about "we are going to be number 3 in the market".

Sugarcoating?

Please.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-22-13 05:46 AM
    Just what do you call it when TH is tounting how strong the sales are just before the last ER? You must be kidding.

I will admit getting this fraud thing to stick in court is "silly", but there is no doubt TH was lying like hell just prior to the ER with the direct intentions to mislead the stock holders in mass!

To me there is a difference in a "mediocre leader" and a dishonest jerk!
    To me there is a line and Heins has walked it (as all CEO have done at times) by saying vague things like "I'm really happy with the direction of sales" but to me he hasn't crossed over into the sort of fraud being alleged on that other thread - which is to say he's deliberately running a scam - that's just a step too far for me.
    08-22-13 06:11 AM
    Once again - I wish I could add this to the thread title - I stay calm.
    Yup, as in "I bought BBRY shares and I stay calm : I stick to the plan".
    M@sturbat1ng ? Not much more than many who don't have the first element to figure out what their thoughts rely on.
    You know I like your stuff but I think you are reaching, you are trying to impose order over chaos - there is nothing to suggest that things aren't as they appear to be - the company took a chance that BB10 would be highly successful, it wasn't/isn't - and now they are trying to sell off before the wheels come off. There was a plan, the plan failed and now there is the panic.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-22-13 06:14 AM

To me there is a difference in a "mediocre leader" and a dishonest jerk!
    Wow, those are strong words.
    So, does this mean that you know more about TH than the people that gave him the 'CEO of the year award' and the heavy weights sitting on the BOD that still support him?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:18 AM
    C'mon Blackberry, give us some good news today. Anything will do ;-)
    08-22-13 06:27 AM
    So, does this mean that you know more about TH than the people that gave him the 'CEO of the year award' and the heavy weights sitting on the BOD that still support him?

Posted via CB10
    I know TH from his past actions. As far as him getting CEO of the Year, it had to explain that stupidity.

You will seldom hear that the BOD is not supporting their leader until the day they or he are fired! You must know that.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-22-13 at 06:48 AM.
    08-22-13 06:27 AM
    You know I like your stuff but I think you are reaching, you are trying to impose order over chaos - there is nothing to suggest that things aren't as they appear to be - the company took a chance that BB10 would be highly successful, it wasn't/isn't - and now they are trying to sell off before the wheels come off. There was a plan, the plan failed and now there is the panic.
    You might be right that their plan failed. But which part of it?
    First they needed to materialize BB10 - nearly done with one more device waiting to roll out.
    Second they need to market the products (hardware and software).
    Third they need to make money.

They haven't even finish phase one yet, so IMO it is premature to call the plan has fail.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:30 AM
    You will seldom here that the BOD is not supporting their leader until the day they or he are fired! You must know that.
    I do, but if I was viewed as dishonest or deceiving by the board, I would be booted from the CEO chair immediately.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 06:33 AM
    This has probably mentioned already, but what do you guys think of that massive 665,000 order that came in just after close? Short covering or think someone knows something?
    08-22-13 06:39 AM
    This has probably mentioned already, but what do you guys think of that massive 665,000 order that came in just after close? Short covering or think someone knows something?
    There have been a few large blocks purchased at the end of day lately. Could be a strategic player accumulating shares for a move soon.
    08-22-13 06:44 AM
    There have been a few large blocks purchased at the end of day lately. Could be a strategic player accumulating shares for a move soon.
    I find it weird that they didn't try to hide it by buying multiple small blocks during the actual trading day. I think they know something is about to go down soon so they don't care and just want to grab as many shares as possible.
    08-22-13 06:46 AM
    I would love to know. Several times, yesterday, there were several huge blocks of stock moved. What would be the advantage of doing this after hours?
    08-22-13 06:47 AM
    You might be right that their plan failed. But which part of it?
    First they needed to materialize BB10 - nearly done with one more device waiting to roll out.
    Second they need to market the products (hardware and software).
    Third they need to make money.

They haven't even finish phase one yet, so IMO it is premature to call the plan has fail.
    "First they needed to materialize BB10 - nearly done with one more device waiting to roll out. "
    One more device that will be lost in the upcoming flurry of iPhone and Android releases. There's a real possibility that Z30 release will be a huge embarrassment to BlackBerry when the reviews pan it as outdated and the buying public ignores it. Add to this the handicap of trying to sell devices when the consumer knows the company is up for sale.

"Second they need to market the products (hardware and software). "
    Are you implying that marketing will start only after what you called "phase one"? The first BB10 device is practically EOL before the the Z30 comes out, that would be way too late to start marketing wouldn't it?

"Third they need to make money. "
    I am morbidly curious to see the next earnings report. I think the BB10 sales will be horrid. I'm guessing that Q5 sales would make the Playbook sales look good in comparison. Also guessing that the Q10 would not have done better that the Z10 during it's first quarter.
    08-22-13 06:53 AM
    I would love to know. Several times, yesterday, there were several huge blocks of stock moved. What would be the advantage of doing this after hours?
    Seeing the large price difference of the purchase price, could that not have been just applying an order that was completed during the day as the transactions get tidied up?
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-22-13 06:55 AM
    I find it weird that they didn't try to hide it by buying multiple small blocks during the actual trading day. I think they know something is about to go down soon so they don't care and just want to grab as many shares as possible.
    Or, and this is pure speculation as I'm not totally sure of the rules, they are accumulating smaller blocks as well as the large but need to grab as many as possible in a short amount of time as they only have a few days to report any ownership of over 10%? Or do they have to announce intent to go over 10% before getting there?
    08-22-13 06:59 AM
    Well, I believe I have to admit I don't have much facts to backup this. I do believe the current situation was planned.
    But wasn't planned by BBRY alone.
    My personal bid goes to MS and I acknowledge I can be 100% wrong.

From OP, I admitted being a "dreamer, fanatic" or whatever. To my credit, we're almost 45K posts later (and, yes, I've read 99% of them, posted some and replied to many) and still have this gut feeling that something is coming. Something that has been carefully hidden.
    Today, everyone is only questioning about how BBRY could save its a$s. But what will be the future of MS without BBRY ? As a side-effect, what will be the future of devices manufacturers embedding the W8 OS ?

BBRY is not alone struggling to "survive". Yes, MS has deep pockets and they can afford to pick millions anytime. But even with billions promotions ... they didn't even succeed to beat (or maybe they did, by a few 100s K device, not the point) a highly jeopardized company that was at the same time restructuring and cutting costs while launching a brand new platform.
    I do believe they had a "gentlemen agreement"; they first try by themselves but if it fails, then ...

Therefore my "alliance time" theory. Yes, I'm pointing at MSFT direction. Yes I can be totally wrong.
    But that's my take and if you rewind the thread - even the very first 100s pages - , you will read me many times claiming "there's something with MS". So, to me, that's "part of the plan". Not panic or plan B.

Disclaimer : as I tried to explain it above, this is a feeling and it is not intended to encourage any investment.
    I hold 500+ shares at an average of ~ USD 13.5.
    08-22-13 07:03 AM
    From OP, I admitted being a "dreamer, fanatic" or whatever. To my credit, we're almost 45K posts later (and, yes, I've read 99% of them, posted some and replied to many) and still have this gut feeling that something is coming. Something that has been carefully hidden.
    I know I know BBRY isn't Palm but even when HP were shutting down WebOS people were talking about hidden plans. As for the MSFT angle, I can't see it - BBRY has nothing they want *except* for enterprise customers but if they buy BBRY, all they will do is try and transition them onto MS product and kill the company over time...
    08-22-13 07:10 AM
    "Second they need to market the products (hardware and software). "
    Are you implying that marketing will start only after what you called "phase one"? The first BB10 device is practically EOL before the the Z30 comes out, that would be way too late to start marketing wouldn't it?
    By marketing I meant putting devices, software, and services in various industries, not just consumer advertising which they could have done a better job.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:14 AM
    Ha...remember when I said this thread would reach 50k,( I think we broke 2000 and thought that was huge)...almost there lol.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, jxnb and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-22-13 07:19 AM
    Who are these "heavyweights" on the BOD? All bean counters. The only heavyweight was PW, and he left (for whatever) reasons. However, I do not believe he was on the compensation or innovation committees.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:27 AM
    By marketing I meant putting devices, software, and services in various industries, not just consumer advertising which they could have done a better job.

This usage of the word "marketing" in no way resembles the conventional use of the word. You can't expect people to guess your meaning LOL.
    08-22-13 07:34 AM
    I know I know BBRY isn't Palm but even when HP were shutting down WebOS people were talking about hidden plans. As for the MSFT angle, I can't see it - BBRY has nothing they want *except* for enterprise customers but if they buy BBRY, all they will do is try and transition them onto MS product and kill the company over time...
    Secret plans are often a coping mechanism to keep the dream alive.
    08-22-13 07:35 AM
    As for the no news thing I don't blame them at all...everything they have said gets spun and twisted till even a moderate success looks like a bloody disaster. I do believe it was a high level decision to decease all "coming" events/updates as the previous strategy failed to stabilize the market chatter.

We know there are some cool things coming...BB10 for vehicles, 10.2, M2M, Channels, NOC monitzation etc.
    Finally, that anyone thinks they are bleeding cash to produce unsold units to stuff a channel....that is just fear mongering and stupid speak. Do they really think a company goes through a strategic reveiw/core and does that...just silly.
    Anyway...have a great day everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:36 AM
    Sorry, I have to ask the help again. On my laptop, the background of this forum turned into black and under each post, it misses the normal thank and like buttons. How can I get it back to normal one?
    08-22-13 07:49 AM
    Been reading the past couple pages or so and all I gotta say is that everyone thinks they are smarter than other people and really you should make the decision on your own on how to proceed with this stock, whether to add or exit, etc. In the end, it is your money and comes down to what you believe and which direction the company is going.

This thread is great, informative and educational for a semi-novice investor like myself, but any decision I will make is my own and won't (and shouldn't) be affected by others.
    08-22-13 07:49 AM
113,250 ... 17681769177017711772 ...