View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow, never thought I'd make somebody's ignore list.... Hmmm, guess it's time to move on then.
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 04:03 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking seriously about it. It's not like it was and it looks like things are wrapping up for BBRY for a while. I'm not saying they are through or broke, but rather they will probably go quiet for a while so they can get back on their feet. That being said I feel I can do more wth my money someplace else while BB goes through this transition. I don't dislike BB or think any less of them but feel maybe it's a good time for me to do something else for a while. Just thinking out loud again, which probably got me on an ignore list. lol
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-21-13 04:07 PM
    I agree with you that time is indeed a potential catalyst. I'll agree that solid fundamentals is the wrong descriptive, but Graham and Dodd are clear that there has to be SUBSTANCE under the investment that is markedly undervalued. Perhaps in that context we agree too. I don't agree on the original "50-50" assertion though- a degree of certainty is required, to the point that even if a value drops, you just buy more because if it was a good buy at a higher price, it's a BETTER buy at the newer lower price -- but this requires that degree of confidence in the valuation assessment.

Because valuing BBRY (beyond the emotional value here at CB :-D) is difficult right now, it's hard to argue it's currently a value play. That's all :-D

-CFOT
    Ya, that's all fine. Yup, bbry is no longer something I view in high regard. Regarding valuation, I have a hard time thinking that this will ever be over $1B FCF again. It would require massive adoption of bb10. I don't even think BES matters. If all that is left one day is BES, we'll have a company that does a few $100m in fcf each year while having a lot of cash. The cash will be worth more than the future free cash flows. Thus making it a no growth company.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:09 PM
    First off, Apple and Samsung reporting an earnings release that bad is a hypothetical situation, Blackberry reporting them is looking like a real possibility.
    IMO, real possibility for Apple and Samsung too, or any other company for that matter.

My point is even if the share price seems low now, we could very well head to a much lower valuation after the earnings release.
    Sure, but is that not obvious to anyone here? It's like saying, if a company can't sell anything that it makes and out of money, then it's stock would go down.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 04:11 PM
    M+8 predicted the stock would go down to the low $10's and it has. He also predicted that the stock will retest the 52-week high. M+8 has always provide us with data points based on rational TA and experience. Let's see if he is two for two.
    08-21-13 04:13 PM
    Wish you luck bud...transition is a tough road, turning paper losses into real ones is tough as well. I'm not going to judge anyone for doing what they think is right. I'm in for the long road ahead and don't for one second accept the Canadian Gov will allow a sale of their patents unless significant shareholder value exists and is right for Canada...there will not be an "on your knees" fire sale here...our government must "allow" and "approve" any sale over 350 million for any public company. Those that state otherwise know not of what they speak.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:17 PM
    Everyone's risk tolerance is different, so everyone will have his/her own judgment of whether to buy, sell, or hold a stock. It doesn't make anyone less of a supporter of a company to sit on the sidelines for a while - this isn't like being a fan of a sports team.

I feel like there are wheels within wheels right now with this company, and I can't figure out what is contributing to the dynamic. Short interest will of course pile on with negative reports - there is no WAY they want a deal or partnership to spike the stock price, they'd be hosed. Potential buyers are probably content with negative perceptions, so they can quietly acquire shares at lower cost.

On the positives, it unfortunately seems very hard to value BlackBerry's assets and future potential (as others here have noted). Valuing QNX, patents, NOC, BES, Cross-platform BBM, and yes, even the phones, seems difficult. [Edited for clarity]

There are many moving parts here, and it's not for me to say what someone else's comfort level should be owning this stock.
    08-21-13 04:21 PM
    Yeah, I'm still on the fence here and not sure what I'll do just yet. Just thinking out loud as we do on this thread.
    08-21-13 04:22 PM
    08-21-13 04:22 PM
    I will tell you guys one thing, the DAY that cross-platform BBM comes out, I'm going to ask/badger several of my iOS and Droid friends and family to download it and start using it. For one thing, I'm beyond tired of lousy IM clients, and I'd love to save some cash by cutting back on the text/SMS allotment on my plan. For another thing, that would probably be the most tangible way I could help the company - increase users of BBM.

Have there been any more details on whether it will have a desktop component? I feel that is completely key.

Also... I'd love to have bear and bull analysts state *ahead of time* what number of x-BBM downloads the company would need for it to be a success. 'Cause I foresee a lot of spinning, no matter what the totals.
    lcjr, take99, Randeman and 6 others like this.
    08-21-13 04:35 PM
    LCJR, We all have decisions to make about our money. But the one thing I would caution against would be to read anything into what the trolls on this thread barf out everyday and let that affect your decision. They are only here to spew negativity in the hopes that somehow that will give their life some kind of twisted purpose as they obviously have nothing better to do. We are here because we invested in a company hoping for a return at that time. The trolls are here why? It doesn't make any sense to constantly post negative BS on a thread that is blatantly pro-BB unless you have mental health issues.
    lcjr, Randeman, cjcampbell and 8 others like this.
    08-21-13 04:37 PM
    Thanks, I'm looking at all the actual factual data that's relevant to BBRY and trying to decide what's actually happening. Unfortunately there's just not alot of facts out there right now and we seem to go deeper into the red here. I can definately hold on for quite some time, but this is just testing my nerves severely. It's not the trolls effecting my decision but rather the unexpected fall from $15 to $7 in a matter of days following the last ER. I just don't want to keep going through the same thing over and over again. I really need a cold beer.
    take99, m1a1mg and sidhuk like this.
    08-21-13 04:45 PM
    Anybody got any updated charts to share??
    08-21-13 04:46 PM
    Wow, never thought I'd make somebody's ignore list.... Hmmm, guess it's time to move on then.
    I can bet I am on many of a ignore list. You got to say what you believe but trading stock is to make money. The friendships made here are great but "Trading stock is to make money!"

Common sense must prevail. . . . .
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-21-13 at 05:00 PM.
    lcjr and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-21-13 04:48 PM
    LC understands that no matter how good are your intentions and how nice you are there will always be some few people that won't like that. (jalousie)
    Just look at how many thanks and like you received. it's ok to not like by some few when you have the all Gang who likes you!!
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-21-13 04:49 PM
    If you're holding shares, I think it's a no brainer not to sell. The downside is very limited, maybe 5-10% max, but the upside could be 30-100%. The silence from the company is deafening though. No updates on how well the Q10 and Q5 are being received, no enterprise update, nothing.
    History is getting ready to repeat itself. Go back and see this forum before the last ER.
    08-21-13 04:52 PM
    History is getting ready to repeat itself. Go back and see this forum before the last ER.
    Seriously, if you're so confident about that, you should be shorting the stock - I would if I were that confident.
    08-21-13 05:04 PM
    That's why I'm hoping to hear something official (good or bad) before next month's ER.
    plane6065 likes this.
    08-21-13 05:05 PM
    there is something going on with the BBRY for sure look a the trade at 16:02 over 662000 shares, looks a lot like the one yesterday but he misted the closing today. interesting!!
    BlackBerry Limited After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com
    08-21-13 05:06 PM
    8/21/2013; 22 million in volume; closed at $10.25. It would have been great to close green, but the general market is down. There is a one block trade at $10.54 for 665,900 in AH. Someone seems to, intentionally, do this outside of the regular trading hours.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-21-4.03.13-pm.png

Bullish interpretation:
    The action of today created a higher low with a close above yesterday opening price. The today candle on the daily chart is within the range of the yesterday candle. This candle setup is still bullish, because it shows that sellers' attempt to drop the SP is weakened. Based on the movement so far, there is a possibility of an uptrend parallel channel (pink lines). This channel does not appear to last long considering, how it intersects with the main uptrend line (green line). As you can see, the slope of the green line is quite steep to the upside.

Support for tomorrow: $10.16 - $10.23
    Support for Friday: $10.23 - $10.34

Bearish interpretation:
    No update on the topic of going private, no positive news, and many resistances to break. It could not break $10.50, and $10.34 MA50 on the 30 minute chart to close.

--
    I anticipate seeing a big move soon.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-21-5.30.58-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-21-5.32.32-pm.jpg
    08-21-13 05:10 PM
    Trolls didn't affect my decision/thinking process (back in Jan) when I decided to buy. Trolls won't affect my decision to sell. I have no one to answer to. I hope this applies for a lot of us on this thread.

Every risk taker makes losses.
    lcjr, silversun10, take99 and 8 others like this.
    08-21-13 05:20 PM
    If you have difficulty sleeping with your long position then sell. An investment should not be watched every hour. BBRY is a speculative stock and it can be volatile / risky.

If you want to be long BBRY stock then purchase some put options as protection to downside risk (choose Oct 2013 puts closest to your average cost).. Everyone thinks next ER will be bad. It won't cost a lot to hedge your position. This way, you can capitalize on any positive upside.

It's your money, therefore, your choice.

Thanks, I'm looking at all the actual factual data that's relevant to BBRY and trying to decide what's actually happening. Unfortunately there's just not alot of facts out there right now and we seem to go deeper into the red here. I can definately hold on for quite some time, but this is just testing my nerves severely. It's not the trolls effecting my decision but rather the unexpected fall from $15 to $7 in a matter of days following the last ER. I just don't want to keep going through the same thing over and over again. I really need a cold beer.
    lcjr, m1a1mg and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-21-13 05:23 PM
    Well, much to ponder on the patio this evening. That means it's BEER-THIRTY!!
    Bilaal, take99, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    08-21-13 05:29 PM
    We should all maybe do a Google Hangouts session every now and then to vent or discuss BBRY and possibly other stocks, we can all get a drink and just kick back, I think that would be cool..
    plane6065, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    08-21-13 05:32 PM
    If you have difficulty sleeping with your long position then sell. An investment should not be watched every hour. BBRY is a speculative stock and it can be volatile / risky.

If you want to be long BBRY stock then purchase some put options as protection to downside risk (choose Oct 2013 puts closest to your average cost).. Everyone thinks next ER will be bad. It won't cost a lot to hedge your position. This way, you can capitalize on any positive upside.

It's your money, therefore, your choice.
    why do You give advice, when it is My money?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 05:34 PM
113,252 ... 17651766176717681769 ...