Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    PM is pretty busy...
    08-21-13 07:29 AM
    If anyone is interested, S&P Cap IQ on BBRY from last Thurs.
    Attached Files
    cgk, bkupris and plasmid_boy like this.
    08-21-13 07:38 AM
    It sure is looking like another red day, pre-market is down, plus I am not liking this "no news", "layoffs" and "futures markets falling" to turn BB green, looks ugly for a lot of stocks today.
    If you've followed this stock at all, you'll see that PM has very little relevance to the days performance. Have to wait for the first 10 minutes of active trading to get an idea of where the day will head.
    08-21-13 07:59 AM
    Yeah....gotta get a feel for it baby:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-23-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:09 AM
    I am sorry to say it would have to be Apple or Android as I do not fear that they will still be around 2-3 years from now. I can not say the same for BB.
    We all have our own way of doing things, but I am curious why you would worry about this more than security and functionality. Our handset cycle is less than 2 years, and even if BB goes bankrupt right now, it would have virtually no effects on our usage of the BB10 handsets, if it does disrupt, there would be minimal costs in getting the carriers to ship their best replacements over. We did use iPhones (4 and 4S) as well after the infamous BB blackout, but iPhones are no replacement for BB. BB10 is far superior in every way (except for refinement). And by Android, you probably meant Samsung since other manufacturers' futures are also uncertain.
    08-21-13 08:18 AM
    I currently use the i5 waiting to get a30. No big difference btwn i4 vsi5. What will the i5s give me other than some finger print gem in the home button which I'm sick of pressing
    08-21-13 08:36 AM
    And that should do it...up from here

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:52 AM
    12 minutes later .... it's red.
    You're right... it is. That doesn't take away the fact that PM trading with this stock does not determine the direction the stock goes for the day.
    sidhuk, leafs123, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    08-21-13 08:53 AM
    Just a reminder to say a little prayer or whatever you do for our friend M8...it all helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:56 AM
    I Support Blackberry,
    Meaning
    IMO, i like the blackberry products and may be i like the company.
    LoL
    Should i go to gym and ask?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 09:04 AM
    I Support Blackberry,
    Meaning
    IMO, i like the blackberry products and may be i like the company.
    LoL
    Should i go to gym and ask?
    Please do! LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 09:20 AM
    Question: If the news of a confirmed buyout or going private is released, wouldn't the short interest and covering drive the SP up some??
    08-21-13 09:30 AM
    So far so good. Somebody don't want the SP reach the single digits.
    08-21-13 09:31 AM
    TAT needs to push BB10 to the next level with designs like these. Hope that's the plan.

TAT Robbin UI Concept Music Player for Autosteroscopic Screens | BerryFlow
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 09:32 AM
    Question: If the news of a confirmed buyout or going private is released, wouldn't the short interest and covering drive the SP up some??
    At least the SP wouldn't go down, as so many articles stated that BB is worth around 5 Billion
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-13 09:33 AM
    I believe it would if they have to return the shares prior to voting.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-13 09:34 AM
    We really do disagree. I do not see BB as more secure than an iPhone. Many of my people also use the iPad in the field and they work quite well together. Nothing is really secure anymore. Anyone thinking so is just fooling themselves.

I will never get over TH outright misleading the stockholders before the last ER. I bet he sells at any cost before the next one! Sales are in the toilet.

In the mean time we are having another BBRY "buying opportunity" today
    lcjr likes this.
    08-21-13 09:39 AM
    Today's news.

BlackBerry
    08-21-13 09:40 AM
    It's possible temporarily, but if there's a confirmed buyout at say $15 and the stock jumps to $20, then shorting the stock guarantees your a profit of $5. So it won't last long.

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, I have no idea how shorting works when a company is bought out.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-21-13 09:44 AM
    FYI, just in, have not read in detail, from seekingalpha.com

BlackBerry lower; Bloomberg, analysts speculate breakup on tap � 10:35 AM
    �BlackBerry (BBRY -2.6%) is giving up some more of its recent gains after Bloomberg and contacted analysts suggest the company's phone business is "essentially worthless," and that BlackBerry's other assets (patents, BES, the network operations centers, cash/investments) are only worth ~$5B (current market cap is $5.3B).
    �Fund manager Brian Huen: "Nobody is interested in buying the entire entity. I think they are now in the phase of saying, �We will do anything to maximize value, including breaking up the company.'"
    �Canaccord: "The most logical acquirer of BlackBerry would likely attempt to transition BlackBerry�s subscriber base to its own competing smartphone products" BMO thinks it would cost a buyer $800M to shut down BlackBerry's phone unit.
    �However, much of the buyout speculation thus far hasn't involved a rival OEM, but Prem Watsa and his reported efforts to talk to both P-E firms and "industry players" about a bid.
    �Pac Crest recently suggested BlackBerry's purchase commitments will limit the size of any bid.
    They quote all the bear analysts.. absolutely nothing new there. ...full of typos too.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    08-21-13 10:02 AM
    Since people hate blackberry so much, what are they doing in this thread?
    Oh, they are trying to save me from loosing my money.
    Aha, got it.
    Priceless.
    08-21-13 10:04 AM
    Wow short players are playing their remaining cards this morning. Can't wait to see them burn.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-21-13 10:13 AM
    If I was a wise CEO I would move the 5000 employees to Blackberry for a period of time until either they (Blackberry) get better or others platform can boost theirs securities. I rather be safe now until I do not have others choice
    If I were a "wise" CEO and was looking at moving 5000 employees to a new platform, I would have to think long and hard before I would move them to Blackberry. Maybe if they were sold and the new buyer was putting billions into breathing new life into the long term survival I would consider. I just can not see that happening.

What would YOU do if you were this "wise" CEO?
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-13 10:18 AM
    Just wanted to throw this out there… I’m still holding my shares and still support Blackberry, so my questioning is due to my lack of experience investing in a company that went from certain success to alternatives of going private or buyout in a very short period of time. I’m looking at both sides of the issue right now, that’s all. Hope everyone is having a good day.
    08-21-13 10:19 AM
    Totally agree with you
    It's possible temporarily, but if there's a confirmed buyout at say $15 and the stock jumps to $20, then shorting the stock guarantees your a profit of $5. So it won't last long.

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, I have no idea how shorting works when a company is bought out.
    08-21-13 10:19 AM
113,256 ... 17621763176417651766 ...